Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,612 members, 7,941,349 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (990866 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
joeydozzy:

Slip of hand grin

Quick questions:
Have you tried it on vibrate? how does it feel?
Speaker quality?
Heard the blacks look grey. How true?
and when you press the power button, does it make a rattling sound?

Vibrate feels very nice and premium (I don't think that is a good description) but the vibrate feels clean I mean it does not feel abrupt.

Speaker quality for Google now is bad, on Youtube videos it is ok/good nothing spectacular. I prefer to wear headphones though for the best sound or connect it to some decent external speakers that either use Bluetooth or 3.5mm plug.

Given that the Nexus 5 uses an IPS high resolution LCD screen, it's blacks are not going to be quite as black as a Super AMOLED/AMOLED/OLED (any kind of LED screen). To a user's eye who is not paying attention it may appear black. However, when next to a device like the Galaxy S series of phones that utilise Super AMOLED screens then yes the black starts looking like a dark gray hue instead of pure black. However, the overall colours are well-represented and it is a very beautiful screen. Overall the Galaxy phones contrast seems a bit over-exaggerated (I have a Galaxy phone with the Super AMOLED). All colours except for black look amazingly vibrant.

When you press and hold the power button for about 2 - 3 seconds, you do feel a bit of a vibration to indicate that the phone has been turned on.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Fulaman198: When you press and hold the power button for about 2 - 3 seconds, you do feel a bit of a vibration to indicate that the phone has been turned on.

I do know that one but my question was more like a rattling sound on shaking the power button but I guess not. You one lucky fellow, others complained about dead pixels, rattling sounds, etc.

You no answer that connection thing sad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
joeydozzy:

I do know that one but my question was more like a rattling sound on shaking the power button but I guess not. You one lucky fellow, others complained about dead pixels, rattling sounds, etc.

I have not experienced such issues, the build quality of the device is very premium. I will use the device for at least 2 years
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by stephinnoyewole(m): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
deejay_harry1:

settings / app/ downloaded, then click on the app , you should see an option stating move to sd card..
or betastil, dwnld 'app2sd' unda d movable option are apps dat can b moved, tuto is also stated in d app.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Elegbede205(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
Pls help me o0o...can samsung galaxy core dat operates 4.1 jelybean be upgraded to 4.2 or 4.3 jelybean...pls o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
ubiplanet:

Thank God you can see the pictures your self its running in 4.1.1 jelly beam...i don't have bbm cos i don't have enough app memory on ma phone and i really got no app to delete for tho fucking bbm tho i got a curve 7...so i just upgraded the os and is running very very smoothly

Relax young man... You upgrading the device is not the problem. BBM wont work on dat device. even if u upgrade it to KitKat 4.4. It has a ARMv6 Processor which would not support the BBM app. Flip pages on dis thread to read what I posted about it. Galaxy Pocket has a ARMv6 Processor. With that upgrade of urs, it would only install, it would not work.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
[size=16pt] MR UBIPLANET! Now read this [/size] Focus on the Bolded
ubiplanet:

Thank God you can see the pictures your self its running in 4.1.1 jelly beam...i don't have bbm cos i don't have enough app memory on ma phone and i really got no app to delete for tho fucking bbm tho i got a curve 7...so i just upgraded the os and is running very very smoothly

ewizard1: [size=16pt] And to clear the air. BBM hasnt been reported to work successfully on 2.3.x GB devices. A version was said to be ported by RTJ3 on XDA. But all he just did was to unpack the apk and change SDK level to 10 which means the app would install on GingerBread instead of the "error parsing package" it formally gives. Yeah, it would install but would always force close when you run it.

Thats that...

And for ones who would still upgrade the 2.3.x to 4.x
Another setback has been reported to hinder the app from working on devices upgraded from 2.3.x to 4.x and thats the CPU Processor ARM Version.

A device with ARMv6 even when upgraded to KitKat! 4.4 would not make BBM work successfully on it... Would only install.

So devices with with ARMv7 and 2.3.x can upgrade to 4.x and would run the BBM successfully.

So if you're gonna pay anyone for upgrade. Know you Processor type. So you wouldn't upgrade for zero sake.

I am not a Dev but I follow their tracks. I'm still a learner. Kudos to the Bosses in the House! I remain everly Loyal ! [/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Elegbede205: Pls help me o0o...can samsung galaxy core dat operates 4.1 jelybean be upgraded to 4.2 or 4.3 jelybean...pls o

Yeah, it should. But you might not get the TouchWiz Version.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
joeydozzy:

Oh sorry, I have not tried it yet with MTN or any other network
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by datjohn(m): 12:21am On Nov 12, 2013
Help!!! My LG E-615, with an ANDROID version of 4.0.4 wont allow me decide which memory to let my incomin files resite eg. my downloads, bluetooth tranfers files, softwares, it jst goes on to fill the phone memory while d SD Card is empty.
When i tried movin the files manually to memory card, it reports "cant open" to all my songs, videos n am frustratd alredy.
Pls, i need urgent help.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by flash333: 4:31am On Nov 12, 2013
NO one answer me.... embarassed embarassed
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 6:53am On Nov 12, 2013
ewizard1:

Relax young man... You upgrading the device is not the problem. BBM wont work on dat device. even if u upgrade it to KitKat 4.4. It has a ARMv6 Processor which would not support the BBM app. Flip pages on dis thread to read what I posted about it. Galaxy Pocket has a ARMv6 Processor. With that upgrade of urs, it would only install, it would not work.
very correct
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Okaka27(m): 7:53am On Nov 12, 2013
datjohn: Help!!! My LG E-615, with an ANDROID version of 4.0.4 wont allow me decide which memory to let my incomin files resite eg. my downloads, bluetooth tranfers files, softwares, it jst goes on to fill the phone memory while d SD Card is empty.
When i tried movin the files manually to memory card, it reports "cant open" to all my songs, videos n am frustratd alredy.
Pls, i need urgent help.
is the fone rooted?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by noeldeeptz(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2013
Good day room, pls I need to upgrade my sony ericcson Xperia version 2.3 to 4.0 to be able to use BBM on it, how do I go abt the upgrade pls?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kariz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Please guys, I need help flashing my android seven inch tablet, allwinner a13... it doesn't boot past the android logo... I need help please ...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ArchFreelancer(m): 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
Elegbede205:
nope...no Tecno Phone can b upgraded
Na lie, its very possible, my friend don do him own.

techno phones with Qualcomm processors e.g P3 and and n3 can be upgraded, only those with Mediatek can',t
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by OAR: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hello guys, can any one help, I use the HTC ONE X, and the motherboard crashed. Can anyone help as to where I can get another one?

Thanks guys
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wozup: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Arch-Freelancer:

techno phones with Qualcomm processors e.g P3 and and n3 can be upgraded, only those with Mediatek can',t
how we go do am bro...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Okaka27(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
noeldeeptz: Good day room, pls I need to upgrade my sony ericcson Xperia version 2.3 to 4.0 to be able to use BBM on it, how do I go abt the upgrade pls?
Try and google it...u will find the procedures there.
That is if ur fone has an offical upgrade
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Arch-Freelancer:

[size=16pt] Interesting!!! Was the upgrade rolled out by Tecno? Or your friend Downloaded a Custom ROM? Where? [/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smartdoy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
please I wanna ask something, is it possible to upgrade my android inbuilt ROM? if yes, how? And by the way, I'm still yet to root my b.united smartphone Android O.S. 4.0 ice cream sandwish... I only tried framaroot and I will apprec8 if someone can teach me how to do the rooting stuff via PC
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
ewizard1:

[size=16pt] Interesting!!! Was the upgrade rolled out by Tecno? Or your friend Downloaded a Custom ROM? Where? [/size]

u get time to waste oo..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by noeldeeptz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
Okaka27: Try and google it...u will find the procedures there.
That is if ur fone has an offical upgrade

Thanks, I'll do that, but supposing it doesn't have an official upgrade? What then?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
deejay_harry1:

u get time to waste oo..
e b lyk say we b twins...u spoke my mind
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
noeldeeptz: .

Thanks, I'll do that, but supposing it doesn't have an official upgrade? What then?
...get anoda green robot
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
deejay_harry1:

u get time to waste oo..
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[size=16pt] I say make i ask ni !!! [/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sapienman(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
sheelay:
I use a Samsung s2,
I don't have go launcher installed, but I can install it

Download and install Go Launcher.
Download iOS Theme
Install it
Thasall!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by donpope1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls pals how can I download bbm on gionee p2..help my email ikuku.Igbo@gmail.com.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nani667: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
don.pope:
Pls pals how can I download bbm on gionee p2..help my email ikuku.Igbo@gmail.com.

na wa O..people still dey ask this kin question....? anyway, just open your playstore and download it from there
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls guys, why is the lower part of my phone always hot like I'm frying chin chin on it angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
kofsy: Pls guys, why is the lower part of my phone always hot like I'm frying chin chin on it angry

[size=16pt]What device? I experience the same thing on my SGS3. Happens whenever theres heavy use especially on the internet [/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by write2obi(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
ewizard1:

[size=16pt]What device? I experience the same thing on my SGS3. Happens whenever theres heavy use especially on the internet [/size]

Choi cheesy , and am here thinking my phone is faulty cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.