Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,633 members, 7,889,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July (1333 Views)

Governor Fayose Jets Out To China / List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari / Woman Who Donated Life Savings Of 1million Naira To Buhari Critically Ill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by billante(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2012
Agic. Minister Adesina has revealed that plans are under way to export one-million-tonne cassava chips, valued at $136m, to China in July...

Source is a tweet by @nigerianewsdesk

And somebody will tell me GEJ will not shame his critics at d end of his tenure!

Amadioha, ogun, sango and all our fore father Gods will shave all d head of GEJ nairaland critics from kobojunkie to the rest, if they one day dey swallow their shame and praise GEJ.
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by PointB: 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2012
I have no quarrel with Nigeria exporting Cassava of any quantity to China. But the question is: why are we not adding value to the cassava, and rather export the finished good.

The solution to this problem is a big opportunity!
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by jmaine: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
PointB: why are we not adding value to the cassava, and rather export the finished good.

exactly . . . . . . .
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by billante(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
PointB: I have no quarrel with Nigeria exporting Cassava of any quantity to China. But the question is: why are we not adding value to the cassava, and rather export the finished good.

Who told you d finished product is not being or planned to be exported! Dangote to flourmills flour are supposed to be made of 10-50% made of cassava! And am sure you know they are exported to neighboring countries
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by Beaf: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
PointB: I have no quarrel with Nigeria exporting Cassava of any quantity to China. But the question is: why are we not adding value to the cassava, and rather export the finished good.

This is so true. Cassava makes very good quality ethanol.
You would know that every single car in Brazil runs on a mixture of ethanol and petrol as a way of crashing the fuel price. If GEJ takes that up, he would be unto a real winner.

In the meantime, big ups to cassava! cool
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by shizzle11(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2012

Let start from somewhere first, after the first few years of exportation of the raw material we will begin to think of the next step ie finished product which we equality need to try out on the home front before we can think of exporting same

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by PointB: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

This is so true. Cassava makes very good quality ethanol.
You would know that every single car in Brazil runs on a mixture of ethanol and petrol as a way of crashing the fuel price. If GEJ takes that up, he would be unto a real winner.

In the meantime, big ups to cassava! cool

Yes my brother. Big up to cassava, the life saver.
Hopefully, GEJ's administration will take up cassava to ethanol program, but somehow I hope they wouldn't (at least not anytime soon), I can't bear to see the price of garri shooting up to the skies, when every tuber available is channel to the more financially rewarding ethanol program.

In anycase, cassava is the future, if and when our less endowed 'compatriots' finally achieve their agenda to deplete the dwindling oil reserve south of the Niger River!
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by PointB: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=billante]

Who told you d finished product is not being or planned to be exported! Dangote to flourmills flour are supposed to be made of 10-50% made of cassava! And am sure you know they are exported to neighboring countries[/quote]

How can you be so sure I know the bolded, when as I matter of fact this is news to me. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Good news if true.
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
billante: Agic. Minister Adesina has revealed that plans are under way to export one-million-tonne cassava chips, valued at $136m, to China in July...

Source is a tweet by @nigerianewsdesk

And somebody will tell me GEJ will not shame his critics at d end of his tenure!

Amadioha, ogun, sango and all our fore father Gods will shave all d head of GEJ nairaland critics from kobojunkie to the rest, if they one day dey swallow their shame and praise GEJ.

So in your esteemed opinion it is fair and proper for GEJ to take undue credit for one of the few redeeming qualities of Kwara state's foray into large scale agriculture?

Where do we get these imbe#cilic Nairalanders from sad

Footnote: Your tomfoolery notwithstanding, I remain a strong advocate of our nascent cassava revolution grin grin grin

Kwara to export cassava chips

JUNE 25, 2012 BY AGENCY REPORTER LEAVE A COMMENT
Kwara State’s emphasis on value chain management in agriculture has paid off as Ireti Farms, under the auspices of Shonga Farms Holdings, in partnership with Austravia of Australia, is to commence the exportation of cassava chips to China, with the first batch of 6,000 tonnes scheduled to depart the state in the next two weeks.

Shonga Farms, in which Kwara State has 25 per cent stake, is also to coordinate the sourcing of additional cassava from out growers.

This was disclosed at an interactive session between Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed and a delegation of Austravia, exporters of dried cassava chips, led by its Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Sam Popilko; representative of the Minister of Agriculture, Chief James Awoniyi; and Chairman, Shonga Farms Holdings, Mr. Tope Daramola, at the Government House in Ilorin.

A statement made available on Sunday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Abdulwahab Oba, quoted Popilko as saying the state had more than a million tonne per day of cassava required by China ready to be explored.

“The glut of the produce in the Shonga Farms necessitated the new deal. The first batch of 6, 000 tonnes will be exported,” he said.

Speaking on the success of the Shonga Farms’ initiative, the Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, said through Awoniyi, “Kwara State is very strategic to the Federal Government’s initiative on cassava export. Kwara has the foresight with the creation of the Shonga Farms Holdings. It was not very clear to many people at that time when Kwara started this; and probably, a lot of Nigerians saw it as a wasted effort.

“But cassava will surely become the foundation for the economic development of this state and Nigeria is waiting. With this initiative, Kwara is poised to take over from Thailand as major exporter of cassava.”

Responding, Ahmed said the exportation of cassava chips to China was possible because the state government had kept faith with best practices in agriculture through the sharing of best values with experts across the world.

“An attempt to create a synergy between research institutions, practising farmers and policy formulators led us into partnering with Cornell University in the United States, known globally for agricultural best practices, in the formulation of a five-year Agricultural Master Plan that will change the face of agriculture in the state,” the governor said.

Source
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by Beaf: 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
^
Some people and their foolishness. embarassed
I'm sure Kwara state is on the Moon, and no longer in Nigeria. To the toddlers, 6000 tonnes is the same as 1 million tonnes (for the addled, 1 million tonnes is 1,000,000 tonnes - do the math). embarassed
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by billante(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf: ^
Some people and their foolishness. embarassed
I'm sure Kwara state is on the Moon, and no longer in Nigeria. To the toddlers, 6000 tonnes is the same as 1 million tonnes (for the addled, 1 million tonnes is 1,000,000 tonnes - do the math). embarassed

Don't mind d buffon! If its a negative thing now they will say GEJ should take d blame!! 6000 don turn to 1 million for his eye!
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by Beaf: 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2012
billante:

Don't mind d buffon! If its a negative thing now they will say GEJ should take d blame!! 6000 don turn to 1 million for his eye!

Don't mind the thin legged clown.
If he had done the math, he would have realised the 1,000,000 is approximately 167 times greater than 6000.
A little more easy math would have told him that since 167 is several times greater than 36 (the number of states in Nigeria), that Kwara's 6000 is one of the smallest figures from any cassava producing state.
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
GEJ,

When you need spinmeisters to do damage control after another episodic faux pas, make sure you employ corporate-monkeys that can read!
I say this because, in a clear attempt to shift the focus away from your give-a-seed agricultural revolution, it is clear the eejits on this thread have decided to dress the emperor (you) in ill-fitting robes grin

A statement made available on Sunday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Abdulwahab Oba, quoted Popilko as saying the state had more than a million tonne per day of cassava required by China ready to be explored
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by billante(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
eGuerrilla: GEJ,

When you need spinmeisters to do damage control after another episodic faux pas, make sure you employ corporate-monkeys that can read!
I say this because, in a clear attempt to shift the focus away from your give-a-seed agricultural revolution, it is clear the eejits on this thread have decided to dress the emperor (you) in ill-fitting robes grin

They have 1million tons and they no wan export?? when there is excess demand for casava chips at china!
But how can they have 1million tons and want export only 0.6% of it?
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
eGuerrilla:

[size=14pt]So in your esteemed opinion it is fair and proper for GEJ to take undue credit for one of the few redeeming qualities of Kwara state's foray into large scale agriculture?
[/size]
Where do we get these imbe#cilic Nairalanders from sad

Footnote: Your tomfoolery notwithstanding, I remain a strong advocate of our nascent cassava revolution grin grin grin
Source

ROFLMAO!!! I don talk am . . . make we learn to give credit to whom credit is dew. . . .
Re: Nigeria To Export 1million Tons Of Cassava To China July by queensmith: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2012
my fellow cassava farmers this is our year. . . . . get your fertilizers out! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Case For Urbanization / State Police: Good Or Bad / Why India's Identity Scheme Is Groundbreaking --- Should Nigeria Emulate This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.