Stats: 3,172,077 members, 7,883,750 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 03:34 PM

Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? (9139 Views)

Boiled Corn Or Roasted Corn? / Your Favorite Road Side Meal : Boli, Boiled/Roasted Corn Or Roasted Yam? / Roasted Corn (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Lillyeean(f): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
tpia@:

no talk am again abeg.

you're not helping some of us who arent in nigeria.

or you can say glass of water, not sachet.

Okey dokey..... Buh d thing is here most of us buy corn on the go u know and to really enjoy it u have to eat it straight from d grill so we just find ourselves a corner and get chewing.....ma friend and I i.e so u c thrs no tym to get a glass cup....
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
maclatunji:

I eat them now, I love akpu with afang soup. Why? It is enjoyable food now.

The same way corn is enjoyable.cheesy

What do u see in akpu anyway? tongue
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by maclatunji: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
tpia@:

i was about to ask the same.

didnt know people had corn allergies. i hope i dont have those? Because sometimes you dont notice.

i know of other allergies such as milk, etc.

but garden egg?

maclatunji is it the nigerian type or the purple one.

The white as well as green variants of garden eggs. I have hoped and maybe prayed that they and carrots will not induce cough in me- to no avail.

Somebody said chilled water, I am not supposed to drink that too or any chilled stuff- Or I get a cough.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by maclatunji: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
Tgirl4real:

The same way corn is enjoyable.cheesy

What do u see in akpu anyway? tongue

I suspected that is what you were driving at. What I love about Akpu, it is like medicine. It can help a person dying of exhaustion gain strength rapidly. It goes well with vegetable soups too.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by pat077: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
i love mouth organ.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by tpia5: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
what exactly is akpu btw?

i know people say it a lot on nl.

is it fufu or starch?
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by tpia5: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
Lillyeean:

Okey dokey..... Buh d thing is here most of us buy corn on the go u know and to really enjoy it u have to eat it straight from d grill so we just find ourselves a corner and get chewing.....ma friend and I i.e so u c thrs no tym to get a glass cup....

sachet water no dey outside nigeria, hence the angst. . . . .

eating the corn and washing it down with pure water. . . . . . .
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by sunnshyn(f): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
tpia@:

is it fufu or starch?
Fufu ni o...
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by maclatunji: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2012
tpia@:

is it fufu or starch?

Not just any fufu, the pounded type.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by tpia5: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
sunnshyn:
Fufu ni o...

maclatunji:

Not just any fufu, the pounded type.

i thought it was fufu, wasnt sure.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:22am On Jul 01, 2012
What's the difference between fufu and starch?
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by tpia5: 2:51am On Jul 01, 2012
fufu is made from fermented cassava while starch isnt.

I suppose starch is also made from cassava but I'm not sure.

it doesnt really taste like cassava.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by dexterush(f): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2012
Roasted corn nd pear is d best thing dat can ever happen to u,sweeter than shawerma grin
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:20am On Jul 02, 2012
tpia@:
fufu is made from fermented cassava while starch isnt.

I suppose starch is also made from cassava but I'm not sure.

it doesnt really taste like cassava.

hmmm. . .
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Yuck! Cant stand them ....always hard to chew!!! lipsrsealed But boiled corn rules!!!! grin
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by edogram1(m): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
Just remind me of how i eat opkorkiyor corn last year, since then i ve not eating any corn. Let me share this story. Last year as i was heading home, a met some women where they sell corns. Before i could say how much una they sell corn, one of the women just pick out one corn and started peeling it, my piken how much corn u wan buy na two 50naira. When she finish peeling the two, oh gosh it was a premature corn just little seeds on it, i was like madam this ur corn i nor like am, i nor go fit carry am. She just look me with bad eye and bring out one small corn to add to it but after peeling it she just put okporliyor, on notice that i just laugh inside my mind. She gave me the three corn. As i was going i said to myself i must eat this okporkiyor corn i want to see the power of that woman. I was very anoyed so i want her to knw say i pass her, then God said to me my son if you must eat that okpokiyor corn then throw away one from it you cannot eat the three, then i said thank you Lord. So I drop the best corn down. Then i eat air out of the okpokiyor corn and the other one. On getting home i didn't eat anything to it, i just sleept off but at about 12midnight i woke up and started voming the corn, the corn didn't degest. I give God the glory.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by tpia5: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
^go to joke section and practice there.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by edogram1(m): 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
No not joke. Its reality.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by tpia5: 2:57am On Jul 03, 2012
^ok, you get the benefit of the doubt for now, although i'm sure i shouldnt be doing this.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Santi222(m): 6:40am On Jul 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Yeah, some of us are not normal. Let me freak-you-out more, I don't drink milk, it makes me puke. I have a very interesting nasal cavity and alimentary canal. You wouldn't want to know the details.
Chei!
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by MissyB3(f): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2012
What is okporiyor?
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by edogram1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
Which region are u from? Opkokiyor is a slangs in South. Opkokiyor is spiritual poison.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by MyJoe: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
edogram.:
Which region are u from? Opkokiyor is a slangs in South. Opkokiyor is spiritual poison.
You said you SAW the woman put it. Please describe the shape and colour of Okpokiyor abi Opkokiyor for the benefit of the rest of us.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by maclatunji: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
edogram.:

Now, that's a new one.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by olawalebabs(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
eating roasted corn as i post this comment.
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Honeycity(f): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
right now as im typing this im having a running nose due to the corn i ate yesterday evening,
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by edogram1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
She transfer it from her eye. Its a spiritual thing. U can't notice if u are not conscious or see spiritually. Opkorkiyor going with free meal or jara. Its free u don't buy it
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2012
hmmmmm.. well i don't really dig roasted corn, but i'll kill for boiled corn.... the softness esp when its fresh...yummy. just gimme a farmland full of boiled corn, trust me. nah to finish the farm ooo.LOL grin
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by rattyc(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
Dnt u see it,one man's meat is anoda man's poison. Our favourite is now talk of d day...•.•so sry
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Mustay(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2012
The disadvantage @maclatunji didn't mention was the link to cancer due to the use of CHARCOAL. A health expert said this too some years ago and I was like "hmmmmmm". The same reason boli (roasted plantain) or roasted yam ain't encouraged.

Well, I do eat it once in a blue moon (e'thing in moderation) and I like 'em not too black/roasted (or even black at all sef).
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by maclatunji: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2012
Mustay: The disadvantage @maclatunji didn't mention was the link to cancer due to the use of CHARCOAL. A health expert said this too some years ago and I was like "hmmmmmm". The same reason boli (roasted plantain) or roasted yam ain't encouraged.

Well, I do eat it once in a blue moon (e'thing in moderation) and I like 'em not too black/roasted (or even black at all sef).

I can't mention what I don't know about. I know smoke is dangerous and maybe carcinogenic but I didn't think about it in relation to roasting corn or plantain. I am more concerned about inhaling generator fumes in regard to cancer!
Re: Why Do People Love Roasted Corn? by Mustay(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2012

If You Need Pure Natural Original Honey....contact Us Now ✔✔ / Nice Shawarma Joints / Quick Easy Recipe On How To Make Sweet Donuts