Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,301 members, 7,904,281 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? (7542 Views)

Nigerian Youths, "How Far?" / Nigerian Youths: How Ready Are We To Take Charge? / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by MrLuGold(m): 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
Regardless of the fact that our dear country is riddled with corruption, ruled by illiterate greedy and previously shoeless thugs, i am still proud to be Nigerian. We shouldn't compare ourselves to countries like the USA and great Britain. Those countries are quite old and have seen their fair share of corruption.

As a matter of fact, the corruption that plagued the US when they were about Nigeria's age is enough to make us look like the Garden of Eden. This doesn't mean we are in the clear, if u compare us to countries the same age and even less resources, we're greatly deficient.

Truth be told, Red passport, blue passport or some of us brown passport (Congo), the blood still flows in your veins.. We have to accept it. Don't denounce Nigeria now because we are in our worst condition. If you've already done so, then good riddance to you.

So the real question is, How can we actually help to make Nigeria better? We have access to all this information, the internet and public figures. Banky W interviewing Fashola hasn't made any changes to our situation. Publicity stunt.. My country is in turmoil, I am not in my little office saying "OMG! Banky W pls tell me what i can do?" His opinion means nothing.

So I ask you, Nairaland users, those of you who really care about Nigeria...What can you do, right there from your room/office/girlfriends beds..to help save our country from these savages?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by mikolo80: 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
JOIN THE PDP OR ANY PARTY.JUST JOIN POLITICS COS ITS A NUMBERS GAME

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2012
help break it up peacefully!!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Korrection(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
Suprised at the response so far...Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Mikebrown(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dude dis country is beyond repair/change

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by lacasa: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
Korrection: Suprised at the response so far...Pathetic

Leave them, they r the hopeless kind
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by lacasa: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
Change has τ̅o start From within i guess.

Our mindset †ђªt is
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
southern Nigeria republic and Northern Nigeria republic......chikena
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Lantean(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Personally, i want to contribute to ending e-scam in Nigeria. Yes put a double barrel gun up those Yahoo-Yahoo boys butt and kabloooie the anus

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nnamdi99(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
D only way to move this country forward is by killing/elliminating all muslems.......... Dats d only way

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by rowlandoo: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
lacasa: Change has τ̅o start From within i guess.

Our mindset †ђªt is

Patrioticism , activism and dynamisim with.a centralised govt, that I can do to help nigeria if you cast ur vote to me
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lantean:
Personally, i want to contribute to ending e-scam in Nigeria. Yes put a double barrel gun up those Yahoo-Yahoo boys butt and kabloooie the anus

As much as that sound reasonable, Surpressing the symptoms without first attacking the cause of the disease is not an effective longterm solution.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
First step is to get rid of "Government must help me, mindset"; Young graduates need to engage them in futurist skills and stop strolling streets of VI in searching for ready-made jobs. If you have brilliant business ideas, talk to people with liquid, they will make it come true. If you talent in music and dance, explore it, entertainment will lift us all from negativism. Do you know to run TV shows ? that area is barren and there is a lot of opportunity. Bottomline is Nigeria is ours, no matter where you go, you will be treated in disdain, home is our pride.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by ebamma(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2012
if we truly want to help dis country we should never again vote for any ex-military man and any fisherman's son.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by ebamma(m): 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2012
all ex military men and ex governors responsible for stealing our resources should be lined up and shot.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by mikolo80: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2012
lacasa:

NA SO UNA DE FAIL EXAM. SOLUTION UNA NO GET. SUGGESTION UNA NO GET YET OTHER PPL THAT ARE AT LEAST MAKIN ATTEMPT ARE PATHETIC AND HOPELESS CAN YOU SEE AS UNA TWO MUMU
Korrection: Suprised at the response so far...Pathetic
lacasa:

NA SO UNA DE FAIL EXAM. SOLUTION UNA NO GET. SUGGESTION UNA NO GET YET OTHER PPL THAT ARE AT LEAST MAKIN ATTEMPT ARE PATHETIC AND HOPELESS CAN YOU SEE AS UNA TWO MUMU
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
My plans to help are classified, because of the traitors/sellouts and ambulance chasers in the house.

We need an offline committee to chart the way forward. See you on the field when it is action time.

Those greedy status quo up there won't give up without a long fight. It is going to get bloody and worse befoe it gets better and promising for us and the future genration.

So long, my friends,

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Neoviper147: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
ebamma: if we truly want to help dis country we should never again vote for any ex-military man and any fisherman's son.

If you ever insult my president again, may thunder strike your chest. angry angryIdiot like you.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nigerian Youth should ignore politicians and focus of commerce. There exist so much opportunities in areas of lapses that the Government can not provide.

Invest in Solar Energy resourcing and you have market for 160 million customers.
Invest in security company and you have almost 60 million clients
Invest in petroleum sector and you have 100 million potential customers

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by a1solution: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
Sum may think this is off point but dis advise may be relevant to some extent; youths (boys/girls) should stop buying want rather than neccessity, it increases the rate of poverty/corruption and crime and keep drawing us back from making progress. .E.g one boy ten girl griends. in some cases monthly salary N20k u want to live in a mansion like the corrupt senator in ur neighborhood or a student hustling to buy phone of N70k just for show off. Nigeria would begin to get better when the present youth begin to cut coat according to size.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: First step is to get rid of "Government must help me, mindset"; Young graduates need to engage them in futurist skills and stop strolling streets of VI in searching for ready-made jobs. If you have brilliant business ideas, talk to people with liquid, they will make it come true. If you talent in music and dance, explore it, entertainment will lift us all from negativism. Do you know to run TV shows ? that area is barren and there is a lot of opportunity. Bottomline is Nigeria is ours, no matter where you go, you will be treated in disdain, home is our pride.

Good points. However, you talked about fururistic skills yet you listed petroleum and security.

I thought futuristic involved reducing green house gases caused by you know what.

Also, if there is good governance, independent judiciary and lack of corruption in police affairs, there would be accountability and less need for security companies. Why should we live in cages Aka our houses, apartments, etc?

Government need to answer hard questions too. It is their duty and our right for them to govern us well.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lantean: Personally, i want to contribute to ending e-scam in Nigeria. Yes put a double barrel gun up those Yahoo-Yahoo boys butt and kabloooie the anus

AS LONG AS OUR LEADERS WILL NEVER SEIZE TO LOOT OUR MONEY OT THE WESTERN WORLD, YAHOO YAHOO GUYS WILL NEVER SEIZE TO SCAM THOSE MONEY BACK TO NAIJA.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2012
Olodostein:

Good points. However, you talked about fururistic skills yet you listed petroleum and security.

I thought futuristic involved reducing green house gases caused by you know what.

Also, if there is good governance, independent judiciary and lack of corruption in police affairs, there would be accountability and less need for security companies. Why should we live in cages Aka our houses, apartments, etc?

Government need to answer hard questions too. It is their duty and our right for them to govern us well.
I need you to state what Nigerian youths can do to help Nigeria, I am not interested in making perfect recommendations, our collective psyche has to be positively altered.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lantean: Personally, i want to contribute to ending e-scam in Nigeria. Yes put a double barrel gun up those Yahoo-Yahoo boys butt and kabloooie the anus

YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT YAHOO YAHOO GUYS ARE BRINGING BACK PART OF THE MONEY OUR LEADERS LOOTED OUT OF THE COUNTRY, IF NO BE YAHOO YAHOO GUYS, MONEY FOR DON SCARCE FOR NAIJA AND U NO GO SEE DEY MONEY U GO CARRY CHOP FOOD.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
Another suggestion is, if you have brilliant business ideas, jump unto that computer and find foreign direct investment through foreign partners, the era of equity investment and joint venture partnership is here via public private partnership, lovely ideas get financing from even foreign banks as far as their citizen can convince them of the profiteering possibilities, we should help government by removing our dependency on the system and doing a little to hire ourselves and hire our fellow citizens.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by gbogboti: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
a1solution: Sum may think this is off point but dis advise may be relevant to some extent; youths (boys/girls) should stop buying want rather than neccessity, it increases the rate of poverty/corruption and crime and keep drawing us back from making progress. .E.g one boy ten girl griends. in some cases monthly salary N20k u want to live in a mansion like the corrupt senator in ur neighborhood or a student hustling to buy phone of N70k just for show off. Nigeria would begin to get better when the present youth begin to cut coat according to size.

My brother, ur comment made a whole lot of sense. A lot of us want to buy all d world. A lot use expensive phones just for show. U can imagine low IQ persons using expensive BB for pinging ONLY. When Curve 2 of 20k 'd serve this purpose and even more. Only 2 percent explore the usage of BB in Nigeria. We all want expensive cars in number when @most 2 simple cars 'll do for convenience sake. We all want to live in mansions with just ourselves, wife and maybe 3kids. When a simple 4bedrooms 'd accommodate us very well. Minding the fact that the kids 'd grow up and live someday. We are all chasing Vanity. Only if we know this. Then there won't be corruption. That's why I so much love the book of the Preacher.
Bros I like your nairaland name...you living up to it.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by dival247(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
NIGERIA IS A GREAT COUNTRY BUT THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IN NIGERIA , LET FORGIVE AND FORGET THE PAST OF THE LEADERS
WE JUST NEED CONQUISITION ADJUSTMENT , I CAN BET MY LIFE THE COUNTRY WE CHANGE , 60 PERCENT OF NIGERIA LEADERS WILL END UP IN JAIL, CONSEQUENCE OF THEIR ACT
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
I am surprise that this thread is a desert of ideas, its a proof that we are a generation remarkably great at criticism and not on recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by dvee2: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
EXCELLENT TOPIC,THIS IS THE TYPE OF DISCORSE I EXPECT FROM MY GENERATION. FIRST AND FOREMOST I AND ALL NIGERIAN YOUTHS MUST DENOUNCE ETHNICITY/TRIBALISM AND RELIGIOUS HATE. WE MUST STAND BY THE SIDE OF THE TRUTH AND DENOUNCE CORRUPTION NO MATTER WHERE THE PERPETRATOR COMES FROM. IT DOESNT MATTER IF HE IS FROM MY PLACE,IF ITS WRONG IT IS WRONG. MY VOTE WILL GO TO THE MOST QUALIFIED AND NOT BASE ON SENTIMENT OR WHERE THE PERSON COMES FROM, WHO CAN DO THE JOB BETTER WILL HAVE MY VOTE. WE MUST STAND UP AND ASK OUR LEADERS QUESTIONS,WE MUST HOLD THEM ACCONTABLE FOR THEIR DECISIONS AS IT EFFECT US- THE DAYS OF STUDENT UNIONISM LIKE NANS THAT HAVE CREDIBLE AND NATIONAL OUTLOOK TO RISE TO THE DEFENDS OF THE PEOPLE.
SECONDLY THE YOUTHS MUST EDUCATE AND DEVELOPE THEMSELVES.WE MUST ASPIRE TO EXCELL NOT BY JUST MERE PAYING OUR WAY THROUGH SCHOOL BUT ACTUALLY ACQUIRING THE KNOWLEDGE SO THAT WE CAN POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE WHEN CALL UPON.IT IS A KNOWN FACT THAT MORE THAN 50% OF OUR GRADUATE TODAY ARE UNEMPLOYABLE. DEVELOP YOURSELF QUALITATIVELY. MUCH MORE TO WRITE BUT WILL PAUSE HERE
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by analryder: 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lets carry out a TRANSITION...we need to start from our inner mindsets to fight against the ills of our society. At the moment we should start by abandoning what government should do for us and think of what to do for our government. Good that we have varieties of modes for sharing and getting informations with the rampage of the social media outfit around us today. These oppressors of our society does all they can by the help of we youths due to our lazy, greedy and materialistic attitudes to gain what they want ( money, power & respect ). It goes straight to show that for them to take part in any corrupt act they need us and if they are coming in for a change they really need us too. So the future of our country lies in our own hands, and we should stand up now to act on what is right!
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKW319SOzO4

A TRANSITION should start immediately, Libya and Egypt did it and today they are almost or totally free from OPPRESSION and CABALOCRACY!!!
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by dvee2: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
FURTHERMORE,OUR YOUTHS SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATION BY CONTRIBUTING EVEN ONE HOUR OF THEIR TIME TO SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAMMES LIKE WIDOWS,MOTHERLESS BABIES,ETC. WE WRONGLY ASSUME ONLY FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ARE REQUIRED BY SUCH BODIES,I SAY THEY OFTEN WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR TIME WHEN YOU APPROACH THEM WILL ADVISE YOU ON OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP APPART FROM FINANCIALLY IF YOU CANT AFFORD.
AlSO YOU CAN VISIT YOUR ALMAMATER OR ANY SCHOOL FOR THAT MATTER TO ENLIGHTEN THE KIDS ON POSITIVE AND SUCCESSFUL TRAITS. EDUCATE THEM ON HOW YOU BECOME SUCCESSFUL,YOU WILL BE AMAZED ABOUT HOW MANY LIVES YOU WILL TOUCH,BELIEVE ME I HAVE DONE THAT.
SPORTS IS EXTRA CARRICULLAR ACTIVITIES IS A MUST. THE POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THESE AREA IN NIGERIA IS ENORMOUS YET IT REMAIN GROSSLY UNDERDEVELOPED. A GREAT PERCENTAGE OF ARE YOUTHS COULD BE ACTIVE AND EXCELL IN SPORTS WHICH WILL IN TURN BRING NATIONAL HONORS FOR THE COUNTRY. HOWEVER MOST NIGERIAN CITIES TODAY LACK AN AVERAGE FOOTBALL PLAYING GROUND OR BASKET BALL COURT. I LOOK AT THE ENTIRE CITY OF ABUJA,THERE IS NO PLAN OR EXISTING SPORTS CLUB WHERE YOU CAN TAKE THE YOUTHS OUT FROM THE STREET AND ONTO THE TRAINING GROUND. WE CAN EXPLORE PUTTING ONE OR TWO OF SUCH FACILITIES IT DOESNT COST MUCH,YOU WILL BE AMAZED THE TALENT YOU WILL GET.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
Its all about being Productive.....

To the FARM...º°˚ YE YOUTHS!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Coup Of The Five Majors / President Buhari Lauds Educational Ties Between Nigeria And Belarus / Top 5 Worst Governor’s In Nigeria 2021-2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.