Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,768 members, 7,898,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1822892 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Enugu evokes in Ndigbo the kind of emotions Berlin evokes in Germans. It's a historical narrative which is bigger than any Wawa hating Igboman.
Col. Emeka Ojukwu had a deep hatred and suspicion for Wawa people. Yet, he lived perhaps, the best part of his life in Wawaland.
Enugu people are still the most heartwarming Ndigbo. Other Ndigbo who have lived in Enugu know that we regard and respect other Igbo people.

Enugu akwulugo!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino48: 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
INNO18: that road has already been completed just awaiting commisioning.. cool.

Yes I know. I just wanted you to confirm that Obi is working. The road came with standard gauge drainage on the both sides.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino48: 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
mekaboy:

I don't think there is need to start buying land and all that, the land dispute issue will arise, some parts will say their land is more expensive than others.

There will be a national and regional agenda. Instead of having states, we have regions, east west north and south of whatever country it is called.

Governor of the east and governor of the west. We only buy land for major national projects, maybe a refinery or something is to be sited in a region . The national account will come from a pull of resources generated from each region.

It is not about landing buying. It is called government compulsory acquisition that attracts compensation. Such compensations are usually statutory, it has a benchmark within which you cannot exceed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
For those critics of Enugu state civil service reform, i have explained why it was pertinent for the state to do what it did during Nnamani's government.
No state in todays Nigeria will allow what was happening in Enugu civil service prior to the reform.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Do not bring this Wawa vs. Ijekeebe nonsense into this discussion. angry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
I' m passionate about Coal city, i know the city inside out, lived there and still lives in the city. Though, thousands of miles away, i am ready to defend it from the shits of vultures bent on tarnishing the image of the city and the state its located.
I defend it with facts, firsthand facts gotten from my experience in the city. Those who schooled or grew-up in the city knows those facts.
I equally do same for Enyimba city, another Igbo city i am passionate about as well.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nebeuwa: Do not bring this Wawa vs. Ijekeebe nonsense into this discussion. angry
Dude, can you hide from your shadow? Issues were raised and i gave some answers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

And the Enugu local champion,Onoh, went around claiming and stealing peoples land,oppressing and intimidating his fellow Igbo. Even Nightshift once bragged about it here,on this thread. Now,you wanna know why I'm pissed at the title of this thread?
Contrary to what many think of me,I'm all for united and progressive Igbo nation but don't expect the Odenigbo to see a wrong and not say anything...Mba nu!
They sacked all Anambrarians in the Enugu civil service and replaced them with their people and you want me to mee anya ka m' afuria. Obulu ogwu ole!
do you also speak out the wrongs in your state?? you might be doing the right thing in a wrong way. I dont like engaging in all these your unhealthy igbo competition but I must say that the deep rooted hatred you have for other igbos is both childish and shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
By Chibuike Franklyn Omeaku smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--L9r1_Ojak
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:30am On Aug 16, 2013
Nightshift:
Col. Emeka Ojukwu had a deep hatred and suspicion for Wawa people. Yet, he lived perhaps, the best part of his life in Wawaland.

...... and he married a Wawa woman to share his life and he willed most of his earthly possession to a Wawa woman huh?
Go and read the book "Ojukwu,the rebel i served" and carefully note the hometowns of Ojukwu's most trusted aides. They are mostly from the present Enugu State! You must be a child not to know that Enugu,nor Anambra nor Abia existed during the civil war. Indeed,the states creation were to weaken the Igbo and make sure no Governor in Nigeria would ever be strong enough to mount a session, no matter how horrible his people were treated and to drive a wedge between the Igbo and the southern minorities of the Eastern Region.You don't know all this because you are a child and too lazy to research your history in the libraries.So you rely on nairaland tribal junk liars to confuse you more about your own history!

Anyhow, your statement is both false and evokes a strong revulsion,that you should tell such blatant lies on the late Ikemba.However, i will not take you on it because it will be equally futile and self destructive of the many senseless squabbles Igbos have shamefully become known for in Nigeria.
Suffice to say that it is people like you who take joy in rubbishing other Igbos with fantastic lies simply for not being Wawa men,that evoke a very strong negative attitude we have accused people like Odenigbo-aroli and co towards a Wawa person or Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2013
@ Cyrnja , Wawaland and people have been in existence before East Central Region and Anambra state.
Hitler was dating and had Jewish lovers in Vienna and Munich before he unleashed evil on Jews. So, Ojukwu could not resist his love for Bianca, but that did not mean he loved Wawa people. Who coined the phrase " Ewu Wawa"?
Can you name Wawa people who were Ojukwu's close aids or friends. Having lived and travelled around Igboland, i am among few Igbo liberals here who have fought against the disunity amongst Ndigbo and the verbal hatred often displayed by some people against Ndigbo from other parts of Igboland.
People can twist stories, but they can not change known history. I would have loved to give you more historical jabs, but i have got work to do. Cheers!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 7:48am On Aug 16, 2013
Nightshift:
Hitler was dating and had Jewish lovers in Vienna and Munich before he unleashed evil on Jews.

Bia this boy, You are truly a confirmed "EWU WAWA" !
I can't stand people that have no regards for education nor bother with facts. They just open their mouth and vomit the figment of their imagination presuming everyone else is just as daft as they are.

Dude,You just cannot open your smelly mouth and speak of what you have absolutely no knowledge about. Incase you didn't know it, even the Wehrmach or the Waffen SS men were forbidden to touch Jewish women talkless of a relationship, and those that dared were shot.By your motor park fairy tales it will be asking too much to refer you to Mein Kampf. You probably never even heard of that, talk more of reading it. It is just tragic that youths of the present generation simply don't read books,but depend on backyard fairy tales from school dropouts as mechanics and vulcanizers as true account of history.You have displayed that you are indeed a BIG EWU ALA for the crass falsehood you posted above.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2013
cjrane:

Bia this boy, You are truly a confirmed "EWU WAWA" !
You just open your smelly mouth and speak what you have absolutely no knowledge of. Incase you didn't know it, even the Wehrmach or the Waffen SS men were forbidden to touch Jewish women talkless of a relationship, and those that dared were shot.By your motor park fairy tales it will be asking too much to refer you to Mein Kampf. You probably never even heard of that, talk more of reading it. It is just tragic that youths of the present generation simply don't read books,but depend on backyard fairy tales from school dropouts as mechanics and vulcanizers as true account of history.You have displayed that you are indeed a BIG EWU ALA for the post above.
I just threw a bait that caught you naeked. The Hitler reference happened before his Nazi ideology took over him.
I have two copies of " Mein Kampf", the English version and the German version ( a language i speak and write).
I don't want to insult you, but we know that no Igboman is an " Ewu". For some people, being challenged in a discussion is already an overburden.
Unfortunately, you seem to be one of the vultures whom i alluded to yesterday in my argument. Enugu is bigger than all of you, and you can't change the fact that it has come to be what it is today - a symbol of Igboland' s struggle for freedom, be it in Biafran or in Wawa context.
I have noticed that we are from different schools of thought. Cheers, once more!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykology: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2013
I personally think that this issue of retrenchment as some posters here posited is been overblown to arouse unnecessary emotions and sow seeds of discord and disunity among Enugu people and other neighboring Igbo states. It is worthy to note that when Enugu State was created then, My Uncle who was a Treasurer in Nnewi LGA was Transferred back to Enugu, while some Civil servants who are from Anambra states were also transferred back to Anambra States. No civil servant was retrenched or sacked as alleged by some posters, what really happed then was interstate transfer. I understand that some persons might not be comfortable with the transfer due to the fact that they have been instrumental to the development of the city fro onset, however it is worthy to note that there are still countless Anambra indigenes who are still working in Enugu north and south local government, iincluding our state civil service commission.Finally @ Odenigbo Aroli, I say give it up bro.Lets be our brothers keepers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 9:07am On Aug 16, 2013
This thread is so beautiful, and I'm so proud of Ndigbo here. smiley

Yes like I said sometime earlier in this thread, Enugu is our heartbeat. Though there were careless politics played by shortsighted and selfish people from the past, it should not dent our love and commitment to this city.

BTW I noticed that anytime there are talks of unfair dislocation or dispossession of non-indigenes anywhere in Nigeria, there is ALWAYS an attempt to defend it, by citing an earlier causative injustice that sowed the seeds of the subsequent reaction. The Ikwerre are best at that stratagem -"Igbos displaced us before the war, we are only taking back our lands and resources". undecided

All I have to say to such talk is "onye choro idina nwunye nna ya dina ya, ya asizina na nwanyi na ebughari onye ya n'ihu ya" -a man who wants to sleep with his fathers young wife should do so without excuses instead of saying that the woman was walking around the house naked!
Bro Nightshift take note! cheesy

Let us forget the past BUT vow to develop a totally different mindset that put Ndigbo as a group first before putting local things ahead.

BTW my town Nnewi has been trying to excel in auto industry for some time. We welcome others to compete with us in that.

Enugu shall be our gateway to the world. So help us God. Amen. cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Nice discussion with a heavy eye opener to some very facts and farce aswell.lol

But my only worries now is that 'alaigbo' will still find it very difficult to unite as a country or region provided some section, state, person or group of persons STILL feel more suprior before his fellow Igboman.

Until then,let the hatred and name calling continue.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
People dat do not know d history of my beloved "WAWA LAND" should stop talkin rubbish. Nightshift, i commend u 4 skullin some stupid n proud anambrarians here. Anambra ppl used dis words "ndi wawa" 2 derogate enugu ppl back den. My mum said dey often feel embarrassed wheneva anambra ppl call dem dat. Buy a time came wen ONOh CC of blessed memory liberatd us 4 bin humiliatd by anambrarians n dats why many enugu indigenes will neva 4gaet him in a hurry.Though i laughed at mum cuz i for 1 can neva be emberassed wen som1 calls me a wawa man.
Back 2 d topic, ur den governor startd i, but our governor of den, Chimaroke Nnamani should hav shown u guyz wat maturity luks like.
Ikemba's hatred n derogatory remarks towards enugu ppl was one of d reasons why late Chief CC onoh(which happened 2 be my name sake) neva wantd Ojukwu 2 marry his daughter. Chief CC Onoh calls himself a proud WAWA man dat uses OKPA (a celebratd diet in coal city which anambra ppl regarded as diet 4 d POOR) to take his tea. No one shuld pik offence wit me but dats d bitter truth. I dont have anytin against anambra ppl.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Seriously, the lots of you Enugu peeps should be ashamed of yourselves...just when i was commending Chino for dropping his vile tongue...you peeps suddenly stoke up another inter state war... Igbos are United my foot!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
I do not view Igboland as states, I view them as cities.

Enough of this Enugu vs. Anambra vs. Ebonyi vs. Imo vs. Ebonyi.

Our towns/cities used to be paramount. Owerri, Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia, Abakaliki, Orlu, Nnewi and our other places.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
INNO18: Seriously, the lots of you Enugu peeps should be ashamed of yourselves...just when i was commending Chino for dropping his vile tongue...you peeps suddenly stoke up another inter state war... Igbos are United my foot!
And you're stoking it even more.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
achi4u:

But my only worries now is that 'alaigbo' will still find it very difficult to unite as a country or region provided some section, state, person or group of persons STILL feel more suprior before his fellow Igboman.

Most Igbos from Abia and Imo state do not have a problem with Enugu. It seems like an Anambra vs. Enugu problem.

We have seen how some Anambrans treat Igbos from Ebonyi. A little humility from Anambra would be good. We know Anambra has produced great Igbos, but that should not be used as an excuse to look down on other Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboDelta: 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
LET ME MAKE ONE THING VERY CLEAR, NO IGBOLAND IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE OTHER!!!!!! ENUGU IS NOT SUPERIOR THAN ONITSHA OR OWERRI, AWKA IS NOT SUPERIOR THAN ABAKALIKI. WE MUST ALL UNDERSTAND THAT THE IGBO CULTURE BELIEVES STRONGLY IN EQUITY AND JUSTICE, THAT IS WHY MOST IGBO TOWNS/COMMUNITIES ORIGINALLY DONT HAVE KINGS. UGO BERE, EGBE BERE. BUT WE CAN COLLECTIVELY DECIDE TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO SOME TOWNS SPREAD EQUITABLE ACROSS IGBOLAND. THE TRUTH IS THAT SHOULD BIAFRA COMES ENUGU MAY NOT BE THE CAPITAL DUE TO ITS PROXIMITY TO NORTHERN NIGERIA, NON CENTRAL POSITION AND DISTURBANCES CAUSED BY NORMADS. THE PROPOSED OGBAKO (EQUITY) STATE WHICH COMPRISED OF AT LEAST 2 LOCAL GOVT FROM EACH SOUTHEAST STATE WILL MOST LIKELY BE THE BIAFRAN CAPITAL WITH ITS CENTRAL LOCATION AND MANY UNDEVELOPED HECTARES OF LAND. IN BIAFRA THERE WOULD BE NO STATE BUT PROVINCES, AREAS AND SECTORS.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboDelta: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
@SPYDER. Post more pictures for us to see
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
I'm starting to see the problem with Igbo Unity.

Anambra State.

There is not Igbo thread you can enter were Anambrans aren't attacking other igbos. I've seen Anambra v. Imo, Anambra v. Abia and now Anambra v. Enugu

why? In the face of the world why would you display such brazen inability to progress and think in a civilized and strategic manner? I've never seen Imo v. Enugu, or Abia v. Enugu. Everyone from delta igbo to rivers, I've never seen it. It's always one igbo group talking about their home and Anambrans coming in and attacking them

what's even sad is in Anambra state the same discrimination and self hate has torn the state to pieces. Onitcha has been left to rot because it's a part of 'anambra north' which is supposed to be different from 'anambra south' that i guess dominates the politics there while Awka is built up despite the fact that Onitcha is economically more important.

I've never seen a situation where an Enugu man is attacking Nsukka or an Aba man is attacking Umuahia. Anambrans, please refrain. We love and respect you guys, but when you see your brothers shine why is your first instinct to attack?

Imolites love 'wawa' people. We don't care. Enugu is an awesome place, we have no problem saying it's bigger and better then Owerri, it's the regional capital for God's sake!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ikengawo: I'm starting to see the problem with Igbo Unity.

Anambra State.

There is not Igbo thread you can enter were Anambrans aren't attacking other igbos. I've seen Anambra v. Imo, Anambra v. Abia and now Anambra v. Enugu

why? In the face of the world why would you display such brazen inability to progress and think in a civilized and strategic manner? I've never seen Imo v. Enugu, or Abia v. Enugu. Everyone from delta igbo to rivers, I've never seen it. It's always one igbo group talking about their home and Anambrans coming in and attacking them

what's even sad is in Anambra state the same discrimination and self hate has torn the state to pieces. Onitcha has been left to rot because it's a part of 'anambra north' which is supposed to be different from 'anambra south' that i guess dominates the politics there while Awka is built up despite the fact that Onitcha is economically more important.

I've never seen a situation where an Enugu man is attacking Nsukka or an Aba man is attacking Umuahia. Anambrans, please refrain. We love and respect you guys, but when you see your brothers shine why is your first instinct to attack?

Imolites love 'wawa' people. We don't care. Enugu is an awesome place, we have no problem saying it's bigger and better then Owerri, it's the regional capital for God's sake!
Ikenga let me clarify some points you made....no doubt an average Anambra man is very proud,boastful and arrogant... I dont dispute that point but saying Onitsha was left to decay because it's part of ''Anambra North'' is totally untrue! Anambra ppl are perharps the most United in the Whole of Igboland..we dont believe in Zonal politics...Onitsha went to the pigs due to incompetence of past Administrations and a population and commercial boom. Have u been to osha recently? The city is being given a facelift... With time Onitsha will get better.. That's why we keep stressing that we need soludo...the man's manifesto is really a ''big vision''.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
INNO18: Ikenga let me clarify some points you made....no doubt an average Anambra man is very proud,boastful and arrogant... I dont dispute that point but saying Onitsha was left to decay because it's part of ''Anambra North'' is totally untrue! Anambra ppl are perharps the most United in the Whole of Igboland..we dont believe in Zonal politics...Onitsha went to the pigs due to incompetence of past Administrations and a population and commercial boom. Have u been to osha recently? The city is being given a facelift... With time Onitsha will get better.. That's why we keep stressing that we need soludo...the man's manifesto is really a ''big vision''.

i don't doubt a single thing you've said, but in a room full of igbos, anambrans will attack everyone. Why?
This has happened in almost every igbo thread. Enugu, Imo, Abia, etc. It's not a matter of being boastful, they will outright attack. All igbos are boastful, but to come in here and start attacking 'wawa' people or to say that imolites are all 'prostitutes' unprovoked isn't boasting it's malicious insanity.

Ojukwu was an Anambra man, and we all became one under him, but I sometimes wonder what would have happened if he were an Abian or 'wawa' person. Enugu is the absolute best city in Nigeria that was never a federal capital, and I say so because only Lagos, Abuja and Calabar can claim to compete.

How can you look at and know Enugu and begin insulting 'wawa' people? They've have developed an environ superior to any in the rest of Igbo land except Port Harcourt, so what sense does it make to insult them?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
achi4u: Nice discussion with a heavy eye opener to some very facts and farce aswell.lol

Until then,let the hatred and name calling continue.

Wow !
It is good for the breeze to blow,so that we can see fowl nyash! I never knew Enugu people hated their Anambra brothers like this !

Let me begin by tendering my heart felt apology to all the Anambra people i had literally tongue lashed in the previous pages of this thread for saying harsh words about Enugu people. Chino,Odenigb-aroli etc, biko unu forgive me! It was done out of ignorance oh! I am from Ogwashi-uku and i had thought Igbos needed to be a formidable united front,thus my ideas and pain when i hitherto read the vile of Igbo against Igbo. I even insulted Chino once,calling him a boy with laptop creating havoc. I never knew they were simply exercising their God given right to defend their homeland and state from vicious unwarranted hatred and attacks. Biko Chino and co, gbahara nu mu o! I will never say one bad word to stop Igbos from killing each other anywhere on the internet.We deserve all we get from other Nigerians, especially our yoruba brothers.

Someone called Mekayboy said he didn't want Biafra as a physical place,but as a psychological thing.I never knew what that very brilliant man was talking about.Indeed, there is no need to prepare anywhere for anything. The best thing would be for everyone to develop their state and communities.It doesn't make sense to designate anywhere as anything,since Igbos have already learnt the Nigerian character of deporting their own people in their own country. Biko,Anambra people face your state,Imo and Abia should also face their state and Enugu should do the same.As for we Deltans,i have returned to being an Ika from today. I am no longer Igbo. It is a group for losers.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ikengawo:

i don't doubt a single thing you've said, but in a room full of igbos, anambrans will attack everyone. Why?
This has happened in almost every igbo thread. Enugu, Imo, Abia, etc. It's not a matter of being boastful, they will outright attack. All igbos are boastful, but to come in here and start attacking 'wawa' people or to say that imolites are all 'prostitutes' unprovoked isn't boasting it's malicious insanity.

Ojukwu was an Anambra man, and we all became one under him, but I sometimes wonder what would have happened if he were an Abian or 'wawa' person. Enugu is the absolute best city in Nigeria that was never a federal capital, and I say so because only Lagos, Abuja and Calabar can claim to compete.

How can you look at and know Enugu and begin insulting 'wawa' people? They've have developed an environ superior to any in the rest of Igbo land except Port Harcourt, so what sense does it make to insult them?
Argueing with you to make a point is like trying to make a mountain out of a molehill...run along with your ideology...i'm done with you!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
cjrane:

Wow !
It is good for the breeze to blow,so that we can see fowl nyash! I never knew Enugu people hated their Anambra brothers like this !

Let me begin by tendering my heart felt apology to all the Anambra people i had literally tongue lashed in the previous pages of this thread for saying harsh words about Enugu people. Chino,Odenigb-aroli etc, biko unu forgive me! It was done out of ignorance oh! I am from Ogwashi-uku and i had thought Igbos needed to be a formidable united front,thus my ideas and pain when i hitherto read the vile of Igbo against Igbo. I even insulted Chino once,calling him a boy with laptop creating havoc. I never knew they were simply exercising their God given right to defend their homeland and state from vicious unwarranted hatred and attacks. Biko Chino and co, gbahara nu mu o! I will never say one bad word to stop Igbos from killing each other anywhere on the internet.We deserve all we get from other Nigerians, especially our yoruba brothers.

Someone called Mekayboy said he didn't want Biafra as a physical place,but as a psychological thing.I never knew what that very brilliant man was talking about.Indeed, there is no need to prepare anywhere for anything. The best thing would be for everyone to develop their state and communities.It doesn't make sense to designate anywhere as anything,since Igbos have already learnt the Nigerian character of deporting their own people in their own country. Biko,Anambra people face your state,Imo and Abia should also face their state and Enugu should do the same.As for we Deltans,i have returned to being an Ika from today. I am no longer Igbo. It is a group for losers.

Hello Mr CJrane.Without meaning to sound rash,if your last sentence should be taken for what it meant here,so simply because you differ and even "fight" with your blood brothers,ur family vis ur brothers become losers and everything negative? Simply because some of our brothers here differ sharply and by dint of character tend to be divisive and violently so,then Igbos are losers and u are heading back to Ika land where the unfortunate crisis of identity will continue reigning supreme? Honestly,i will declare Igbos to be pretenders the day we stop having our differences.our greatness lies in our innumerable contradictions! I celebrate that!Guess what,try hurting or defaming an Igbo man in the presence of the same brother he was fighting with few moments ago and u will never forget the "combined" lashing! Therein lies our beauty.You chose to see the fights but u didn't see the many good natured Umunne who repeatedly call these "trouble makers" to order vis Igbo unity? Kindly retrace ur steps home bro.The new wave of Igbo unity sweeping gradually,albeit quietly all over the globe is a breath of fresh air and i call on articulate people like you to help bring our brothers on the western side of the Niger back to the fold,Just like the father of the prodigal son we are waiting with outstretched arms and tears of joy for u guys.At least ive met uncountable Anioma brethren who are proud of our noble race and have since dropped the toga of "i no be Igbo o"! It is well with u as i await ur reconciliation.Proudly and unapologetically Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
cjrane:

Wow !

Your last sentence has just given you away as a low self esteem individual. You're not even ashamed of yourself. Because of an ordinary Nairaland bickering, you're no longer Igbo? Lol grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino48: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
cjrane:

Wow !

Now you know better..

Apology accepted. I keep saying it, there is no need designating any city out of the east as our capital, every state should go and develop their state simple. Even if Biafra comes today, no present city can emerge the capital city for Biafra. An entirely virgin place could be mapped out, acquired by Biafran government to be developed as the capital of Biafra.

All the states of SE can be economically powerful due to healthy competition. The present infrastructural upgrade sweeping through Onitsha is a welcome development. In as much as it is an economic city, the addition of five star hotel, modern shopping centers like shoprite and amusement parks is equally good for mix development. Enugu being a civil servant's city cannot remain thus, there is need for some level of economic-commercial activities to make it equally self-sufficient. It is equally a beautiful city.

In a nutshell each and every SE city should have some elements of hospitality and commerce either industrial for self sustaining. Owerri being hospitality city should equally add up some other elements that are found in Aba and vice versa. When we get all these in place our cities will be a one-stop-shop, where everything is set and good to go. No part of SE will have to depend on another part for sustenance. For Biafra to succeed there is need for confederation.

Btw, you cannot deny your Igboness because of mere fight between brothers. However we fight, we are still brothers. I will keep saying it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
Chino48:

Now you know better..

Apology accepted. I keep saying it, there is no need designating any city out of the east as our capital, every state should go and develop their state simple. Even if Biafra comes today, no present city can emerge the capital city for Biafra. An entirely virgin place could be mapped out, acquired by Biafran government to be developed as the capital of Biafra.

All the states of SE can be economically powerful due to healthy competition. The present infrastructural upgrade sweeping through Onitsha is a welcome development. In as much as it is an economic city, the addition of five star hotel, modern shopping centers like shoprite and amusement parks is equally good for mix development. Enugu being a civil servant's city cannot remain thus, there is need for some level of economic-commercial activities to make it equally self-sufficient.

In a nutshell each and every SE city should have some elements of hospitality and commerce either industrial for self sustaining. Owerri being hospitality city should equally add up some other elements that are found in Aba and vice versa. When we get all these in place our cities will be a one-stop-shop, where everything is set and good to go. No part of SE will have to depend on another part for sustenance. For Biafra to succeed there is need for confederation.
Is there any city in the world without a capital? There must be a capital. What you should be clamoring for is for us to copy the South African model where more than one cities are made the capital. Enugu can be the Executive capital while another city can be the legislative capital and so on. Every city should be allowed to develop at their own pace while the Eastern government would focus on regional integration which includes building rail lines that runs through all the cities and so on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (710) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.