Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,269 members, 7,932,156 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:42 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1834117 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mekaboy(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
osile2012:

while you guys strengthen the connection with US, we at home work hard to ensure people can find property easily back home.

when your ready to invest in landed property dont forget to click on the link in my signature.

Nice concept. I am glad at the rate the value of property in enugu is appreciating. I think I will sell a part of my land somewhere in independence layout and buy more towards the airport.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Personally, no matter the type of development those who call the shots want for Enugu, the city's relatively clean and green environment must be protected.
More tree planting should be encouraged, and laws to protect old trees in the city must be enacted. Those beautiful mango trees in old Enugu ( Iva-Valley, Coal Camp areas around UNTH, GRA , etc), were painstakingly planted by lovers of green environment.
Late C C Onoh took it further by planting many palm trees around his properties at GRA.
The canopy of hills which stretches from Agwu area through Enugu, and ends at 9th Mile area of Udi, is the only such landscape in Igboland. The hill no doubt gave the city its unique name.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
For those that complain about unavailability of lands in Igboland, there is no place one will find abundance of land in South East like in areas around Enugu. From Agwu to Udi, Nkanu to Ezeagu areas, massive empty lands for residential or industrial estates are abound.
Some savvy investors are already buying lands even in areas such as Amechi- Idodo and Umulumgbe.
As other ethnic groups in Nigeria become more intolerant toward Ndigbo, more bungalows and duplexes will be springing up in hundreds in areas 30km radius from Coal City - built by returnees.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
Please, is anyone experiencing this epileptic power situation in Enugu? Or is it just my area?
I came into Enugu thursday evening and i am just seeing light for the first time at 10pm this nyte!

I can count how many business places or households i entered that had light!!
What's going on? Ndi no Enugu, kedu ihe n'eme?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mekaboy(m): 12:20am On Aug 10, 2013
Emperoh: Please, is anyone experiencing this epileptic power situation in Enugu? Or is it just my area?
I came into Enugu thursday evening and i am just seeing light for the first time at 10pm this nyte!

I can count how many business places or households i entered that had light!!
What's going on? Ndi no Enugu, kedu ihe n'eme?

Are you on evangelism? Why u dey waka house to house? Lol.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2013
Nightshift, i neva new u noticed it,ppl are now buyin land everywhere even in remote places lyk Emene or Abakpa/Nkanu areas. But if u"ve gat d money, check out some cool houses in places lyk Liberty estate which also has a liquid bar(i still dont understand d meanin), Zoo estate(most beautiful of dem all), Golf estate(d largest of dem all), Zion hills aetate(still under construction along ugwu onyeama express road). I'm not hapi dat such development can't reach Udi areas b/c of d Hill. Dat hill is jux an obstruction. CHECK DIS OUT! www.michelleniniblog.com http://www.enugulifestyleandgolfcity.com/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by osile2012: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
mekaboy:

Nice concept. I am glad at the rate the value of property in enugu is appreciating. I think I will sell a part of my land somewhere in independence layout and buy more towards the airport.

good idea since the airport is going international. there is an area called jerusalem layout, land sells for 800k now. the government is about to create a link road from independence layout phase 2 to that area.

as soon as this is done, the price will skyrocket.

you can click the link in my signature for more property deals.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by collynzo2(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Owerri is very similar to Enugu but has more nightlife and oringo. But i will prefer for Owerri to focus more on being an educational town. As for Orlu, it should just be a residential town with minimal commercial activiity.
Is there anything like 'educational town'? Every modern city has a little bit of everything, there are a lot of industries in London to provide jobs for people, but that didn't stop it from being a tourist attraction or having quality educational institutions, same with Jo'burg. Every city in the east should be made to have just enough of everything. Nothing like commercial city, educational town and all that. It doesn't make sense. People will only build houses and stay in those places when they have jobs to go to everyday. Having industries to provide jobs for people shoudn't stop any place from being a tourist attraction or having good schools. Do we want the situation wherby graduates from the many higher institutions in Owerri flock to places like PH and Lagos for jobs to continue? Even during IT periods, some of the students want to remain in Owerri and do their internship, but no where to do it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: Is there anything like 'educational town'? Every modern city has a little bit of everything, there are a lot of industries in London to provide job for people, but that didn't stop it from being a tourist attraction or having quality educational institutions, same with Jo'burg. Every city in the east should be made to have just enough of everything. Nothing like commercial city, educational town and all that. It doesn't make sense. People will only build houses and stay in those places when they have jobs to go to everyday. Having industries to provide jobs for people shoudn't stop any place from being a tourist attraction or having good schools. Do we want the situation wherby graduates from the many higher institutions in Owerri flock to places like PH and Lagos for jobs to continue? Even during IT periods, some of the students want to remain in Owerri and do their internship, but no where to do it.

Your analysis is on point! Every city should have a bit of everything.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
The thing that has made Igbo land strong in the context of Africa is that it's a land of equals

no one state has been allowed to have everything, and the leads one state has in one area, are only marginal.

I don't want a situation like the SW where Lagos is everything and investors/businessmen have little to no reason to go to places like Ekiti and Osun. This is why I advocate every state and city treat themselves like a sovereign nation and have everything, instead of having one thing and waiting for their neighbor to have another. Imo needs industry and Anambra needs cleanliness and tourism. It's only in the case of Ebonyi state and Enugu that I was holistic focus on agriculture because they simply have more available land, but I want all other states to use their available land for farm or factories.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
I also don't know why we have been convinced that PH (Igwe Ocha) is not Igbo land. We have to remember that Rivers is an integral part of Igbo land and Igbo history. It is governed by igbos, the most common language is Igbo, and the majority is igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikengawo: I also don't know why we have been convinced that PH (Igwe Ocha) is not Igbo land. We have to remember that Rivers is an integral part of Igbo land and Igbo history. It is governed by igbos, the most common language is Igbo, and the majority is igbo.
No, it's not. I'm tired of these whole Rivers Igbo debacle. Let's focus on the SE states.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: Is there anything like 'educational town'? Every modern city has a little bit of everything, there are a lot of industries in London to provide jobs for people, but that didn't stop it from being a tourist attraction or having quality educational institutions, same with Jo'burg. Every city in the east should be made to have just enough of everything. Nothing like commercial city, educational town and all that. It doesn't make sense. People will only build houses and stay in those places when they have jobs to go to everyday. Having industries to provide jobs for people shoudn't stop any place from being a tourist attraction or having good schools. Do we want the situation wherby graduates from the many higher institutions in Owerri flock to places like PH and Lagos for jobs to continue? Even during IT periods, some of the students want to remain in Owerri and do their internship, but no where to do it.
Of course every modern city must have a bit of everything but it must be known for something. That's the most important thing. Calabar and Cross Rivers state has schools, churches etc but is known mostly with Tourism. Every city and state need to carve a niche for themselves and that has to be done after accessing the potentials that such city has to offer. For instance, i'm more convinced more than ever before that Ebonyi state can be a food basket and can be known for that. That doesn't mean that it cannot have schools, banks, IT companies. But it should focus on it's strong point.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2013

Which one is Jerusalem Layout now kwa?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikengawo: I also don't know why we have been convinced that PH (Igwe Ocha) is not Igbo land. We have to remember that Rivers is an integral part of Igbo land and Igbo history. It is governed by igbos, the most common language is Igbo, and the majority is igbo.

Leave "Igwe Ocha." That city is not our concern. If Akpabio can make this Ibaka dream come to fruition, we can deal with our true partners in the East.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikengawo: The thing that has made Igbo land strong in the context of Africa is that it's a land of equals

no one state has been allowed to have everything, and the leads one state has in one area, are only marginal.

I don't want a situation like the SW where Lagos is everything and investors/businessmen have little to no reason to go to places like Ekiti and Osun. This is why I advocate every state and city treat themselves like a sovereign nation and have everything, instead of having one thing and waiting for their neighbor to have another. Imo needs industry and Anambra needs cleanliness and tourism. It's only in the case of Ebonyi state and Enugu that I was holistic focus on agriculture because they simply have more available land, but I want all other states to use their available land for farm or factories.

Not every city can become king in Igboland. Enugu should be our capital. And it should be our main concern now.

I know people may disagree with me, but this is how I rank Igbo cities in order of importance.

1. Enugu
2. Onitsha
3. Aba
4. Owerri
5. Nnewi
6. Umuahia
7. Awka
8. Orlu
9. Abakaliki

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by collynzo2(m): 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Of course every modern city must have a bit of everything but it must be known for something. That's the most important thing. Calabar and Cross Rivers state has schools, churches etc but is known mostly with Tourism. Every city and state need to carve a niche for themselves and that has to be done after accessing the potentials that such city has to offer. For instance, i'm more convinced more than ever before that Ebonyi state can be a food basket and can be known for that. That doesn't mean that it cannot have schools, banks, IT companies. But it should focus on it's strong point.
As long as the city can provide jobs for a vast majority of its inhabitants, I don't mind what it is known for.
A city like Johannesburg is known for everything. That's how a place should be like.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Not every city can become king in Igboland. Enugu should be our capital. And it should be our main concern now.

I know people may disagree with me, but this is how I rank Igbo cities in order of importance.

1. Enugu
2. Onitsha
3. Aba
4. Owerri
5. Nnewi
6. Umuahia
7. Awka
8. Orlu
9. Abakaliki
and Nsukka, anoda potential fud basket, dnt 4get Adani Rice and also a host 2 our 1st generation university. D town nids upgrade in anticipation of foreign student kuming 2 our proposed Havard of Africa

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nebeuwa:

1. Enugu
2. Onitsha
3. Aba
4. Owerri
5. Nnewi
6. Umuahia
7. Awka
8. Orlu
9. Abakaliki
Even Nnewi and Orlu is ranked above Abakaliki?
nawa o!. . .under which level nah?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
It's not a matter of every state being king, it's a matter of every state being developed! This has been a strength in Igbo land that we can't neglect, every village should view it's self as king. Making lists is being defeatist and saying the rest of history is set in stone. Owerri should compete to surpass Onitcha in industry, Onitcha should compete to surpass Enugu in tourism.

Competition is a strong driver of development than a list of who's who. If Orlu is your home, then no, Onitcha is not more important than it and it should be treated that way. We much focus on the fact that people live in cities not regions, and work to develop our cities. Villages as well.
diversify and compete. Don't put all your money into hotels because you think nnewi should put all it's money towards factories.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Leave "Igwe Ocha." That city is not our concern. If Akpabio can make this Ibaka dream come to fruition, we can deal with our true partners in the East.

You're saying Awka Ibom is closer to use than Rivers? explain
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikengawo:

You're saying Awka Ibom is closer to use than Rivers? explain

That is not what I am saying. I am saying that the people of Awka Ibom state have shown that they are friends of the Ndigbo, unlike certain Igbo subgroups that shall remain nameless.

The abandoned property saga in Port Harcourt still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikengawo: It's not a matter of every state being king, it's a matter of every state being developed! This has been a strength in Igbo land that we can't neglect, every village should view it's self as king. Making lists is being defeatist and saying the rest of history is set in stone. Owerri should compete to surpass Onitcha in industry, Onitcha should compete to surpass Enugu in tourism.

Competition is a strong driver of development than a list of who's who. If Orlu is your home, then no, Onitcha is not more important than it and it should be treated that way. We much focus on the fact that people live in cities not regions, and work to develop our cities. Villages as well.
diversify and compete. Don't put all your money into hotels because you think nnewi should put all it's money towards factories.

We disagree on a very fundamental level.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by osile2012: 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
SimonAndal:
Which one is Jerusalem Layout now kwa?

Its towards the express after NNPC Mega Station. The way you are asking now, is how people use to ask where is independence layout, today the cheapest plot of land in independence layout is N12m.

There is also a new bungalow for sale in thinkers corner for 7.5m. For more information, click the link on my signature.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
Can we have new pics from our Enugu brethren?.....it's one year now since the initial pics, so we'd like to know if things are improving or stagnant. smiley

Pic is Enugu-Eha Alumona rural road constructed by Chime gov't:

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
Enugu-Awgu road:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
Chime Avenue Enugu:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
UNN- Eha Alumona road:

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pics not showing for some funny reason!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
Assembly plant in Enugu:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
More Chime Avenue:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
>

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.