Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,751 members, 7,965,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:16 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1847287 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
High_Chief:

Really, thats my set as well 1996. With them Denchukwu brothers and Akpaka, Nice one brother.

Yea, Akpaka Njamina. That would be ME

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
Odunnu:
Barry Gold. . .sounds familiar. Where in N/Haven? NAIKO is too far and I dont like the area plus i'll hate to bump into Tonto Dike or Ramsey Noah. cheesy

big babe? Na nnee di? Whatever suggests i'm a big babe? I'm just your regular chic, tryin to survive.
Now lemme have the names please

Barry Gold is directly opposite New Heaven Police station. Yep Naiko is near the Gariki area but there another Naiko near the old artisan by ogui road. I have seen them actors there too but everyone on his or her own. I always become an actor each time i go there

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
Thanx bro. I go do small 'scoping' tomorrow
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 2mch(m): 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
Not different or better than Akure or Ekiti tongue. Just a glorified village like any other state that is not Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan or Kano. I was hoping to see something cosmopolitan. And it looks like 80% of the city is missing. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Crayola1: 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
namfav: does it matter if their ibo in enugu? yes you find many ibo people their, we're all nigerians, we rub shoulders with each others, how is it wrong for someone who is nigerian to visit a state in nigeria

You have the problem with Igbo people not me kiss
You remembered that they are Nigerians like you? That's progress for sure shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
2mch: Not different or better than Akure or Ekiti tongue. Just a glorified village like any other state that is not Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan or Kano. I was hoping to see something cosmopolitan. And it looks like 80% of the city is missing. grin

80% of the city missing? We better raise an alarm for that, somebody should find the missing part of the city fast!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
ZUBY77:

Yea, Akpaka Njamina. That would be ME

You mean the Akpaka Njamina of Coal Camp!? shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PHIPEX(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
@ spyder880, Am proud of your zeal, I've followed you from the first page and still asking for more. Bravo!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 2mch(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
spyder880:

80% of the city missing? We better raise an alarm for that, somebody should find the missing part of the city fast!

Include more cosmopolitan places. Not local champion things that only wow villagers. Give outsiders a view of why it is the pride of the east. Not one random library or building here and there na.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
PHIPEX: @ spyder880, Am proud of your zeal, I've followed you from the first page and still asking for more. Bravo!!!

You know I mentioned in page one of this thread that even if I post a million pictures, it is still not enough to explain this city called Enugu. We are yet to see about 8 different sections of Enugu and each of them has a story to tell. More will follow later. Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2012
2mch:

Include more cosmopolitan places. Not local champion things that only wow villagers. Give outsiders a view of why it is the pride of the east. Not one random library or building here and there na.

I have uploaded nearly 500 pictures here, please upload only 5 pictures of your own state, we need to see how "cosmopolitan" your own state is, thank you in advance cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 2mch(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
spyder880:

I have uploaded nearly 500 pictures here, please upload only 5 pictures of your own state, we need to see how "cosmopolitan" your own state is, thank you in advance cool

You really dont want me to do that. Unfair advantage because i am from Lag grin. But you would be putting your city on the map by focusing on natural things and things that make the city different from others. Even the middle class homes are no different from Ojuelegba or Mushin. undecided. The whole red dusty setup and washed out buildings look like Akure. Anyway i know you have more up your sleeves so let me just leave you alone for NOW. Spyder do better.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
2mch:

You really dont want me to do that. Unfair advantage because i am from Lag grin. But you would be putting your city on the map by focusing on natural things and things that make the city different from others. Even the middle class homes are no different from Ojuelegba or Mushin. undecided. The whole red dusty setup and washed out buildings look like Akure. Anyway i know you have more up your sleeves so let me just leave you alone for NOW. Spyder do better.

In case missed the topic, is says in very simple English, "Enugu, the pride of the east" which one concern Lagos and Akure with the east?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 2mch(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
spyder880:

In case missed the topic, is says in very simple English, "Enugu, the pride of the east" which one concern Lagos and Akure with the east?
You said i should upload from my state and i am responding. Abeg reread and no let your blood hot. Just facts man. It looks like Akure. tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2012
2mch:
You said i should upload from my state and i am responding. Abeg reread and no let your blood hot. Just facts man. It looks like Akure. tongue

Okay sir, you are very right sir, it really really looks like Akure, and we have Akure street in Enugu sef. Thank you for your very good points.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
Another very lovely building in Enugu, and I heard this bungalow is for rent, shocked will you like to live here, please consider these; this house is very close to nature, no cement was used to build this house, no rods and certainly no radioactive substances or harmful materials. This house is Eco-friendly cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cecegorz(m): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
Spyder Odogwu Nwoke!
Great job you are doing here as usual. This is really a huge unconventional travelogue for Enugu. Hope Sullivan gives you an award. Lol
Remember I told you in the property section that I'll like to see you whenever I breeze in.
Will you be free at lunch time tomorrow? Let me know if we can meet @d Barcelos or Chitis, Independence

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
cecegorz: Spyder Odogwu Nwoke!
Great job you are doing here as usual. This is really a huge unconventional travelogue for Enugu. Hope Sullivan gives you an award. Lol
Remember I told you in the property section that I'll like to see you whenever I breeze in.
Will you be free at lunch time tomorrow? Let me know if we can meet @d Barcelos or Chitis, Independence

Welcome my brother, I will see how I can reshuffle some of my earlier commitments, thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by johnboyy(m): 12:04am On Jul 10, 2012
@spyder, you called me out when you mentioned Calabar Street.
If you lived on that street, and I have no reason to doubt you did, then you and I must be acquinted with each other or have common acquintances or friends. Does Spring garden ring a bell?

Oh well, my next building project just got cheaper grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:09am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 4:14am On Jul 10, 2012
centje: Spyder. Weldone man. Am in enugu and i hv bn followin this thread since it started. Another aspect of enugu is d number of artistes that hv emerged frm d state. Dekumzy,flavor,j marthins,slow dog,nigga raw,bracket,desperate chics,resonance,wizboy,and so on. And enugu once had d best entertainment station in nigeria ,cosmo fm(24hrs service),built by former governor chimaroke,but ws closed dwn by efcc. Men! I miss that radio station. One of d presenter,space man,also a musician now works in cool fm. D station waz really helpin up comin artistes showcase their talent. Wish they wil bring back dat fm. Then alot of nigeria actor and actress reside in enugu. The same goes for d weathly ppl of igbo land, most of them reside in enugu bc of d serenity, security and peaceful nature of d state. Sullivan did alot in terms of restorin peace and order in enugu. I really appreciate his leadership style. Well organised and hs a target. Igbo kwenu! We keep doin d much we can not mindin d marginalization we hv bn experiencin since after d biafran war.

Cenje, your name sounds familiar from UNN/UNEC/UNTH.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Jul 10, 2012
centje: Spyder. Weldone man. Am in enugu and i hv bn followin this thread since it started. Another aspect of enugu is d number of artistes that hv emerged frm d state. Dekumzy,flavor,j marthins,slow dog,nigga raw,bracket,desperate chics,resonance,wizboy,and so on. And enugu once had d best entertainment station in nigeria ,cosmo fm(24hrs service),built by former governor chimaroke,but ws closed dwn by efcc. Men! I miss that radio station. One of d presenter,space man,also a musician now works in cool fm. D station waz really helpin up comin artistes showcase their talent. Wish they wil bring back dat fm. Then alot of nigeria actor and actress reside in enugu. The same goes for d weathly ppl of igbo land, most of them reside in enugu bc of d serenity, security and peaceful nature of d state. Sullivan did alot in terms of restorin peace and order in enugu. I really appreciate his leadership style. Well organised and hs a target. Igbo kwenu! We keep doin d much we can not mindin d marginalization we hv bn experiencin since after d biafran war.

Thanks for bringing up those facts, I was goung to comment on the entertainment side of things but still compiling names. Chimaroke was a controversial worker but Sullivan is a quiet achiever.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2012
johnboyy: @spyder, you called me out when you mentioned Calabar Street.
If you lived on that street, and I have no reason to doubt you did, then you and I must be acquinted with each other or have common acquintances or friends. Does Spring garden ring a bell?

Oh well, my next building project just got cheaper grin

I spent 6 of my growing up years in lower Calabar street, we dont often come up to Spring gardens but I know the place very well. Ok,Ok, you will have have a discount in the project my man. cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 8:39am On Jul 10, 2012
centje:
Lolz. Ur right grin

he he he grin grin grin I've unearthed one of my friends on this anonymous forum. Ladies and gentlemen, it's my honour to introduce to you the most handsome, attractive, coolheaded, and a very young doctor, in the name of Ejike. Ladies, this dude is so admirable,yet down-to-earth. Just make sure u stalk him.
I'm not gonna blow my cover to you. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2012
let me help you 2 face(imt) klint d drunk , poliano, slim brown, hype mc, oguns baba, t j, illblis and on.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2012
Eifeh: let me help you 2 face(imt) klint d drunk , poliano, slim brown, hype mc, oguns baba, t j, illblis and on.

Even from back in the old days, add Xty Essien, Sunny Okosuns and Chris okotie

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2012
spyder880:

Also add Sam Loco Efe and Saheed Balogun(Yoruba actor)

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2012
spyder880

When are you going to post the pictures of Trans Ekulu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2012
One_Naira: spyder880

When are you going to post the pictures of Trans Ekulu?

I have posted some, I was in a hurry on that day so I just got only 10 shots in a hurry. Its here, just a few pages back.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2012
spyder880:

J J okocha, Assorted, Dialect, mc lope, soi boy, greg melody, waggy g, ramsom an coming back.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by namfav(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
are you ibo?
of course i have no problem with ibo in general, i never did

Crayola1:

You have the problem with Igbo people not me kiss
You remembered that they are Nigerians like you? That's progress for sure shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.