Stats: 3,191,219 members, 7,943,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? (20756 Views)

Things (technology) A Man Needs In His Life To Be Complete! (2) (3) (4)

Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by jydeayanx: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
When we talk abt technology, someone said "We've reached a point when science and technology have advanced at such an exponential rate for so long, it may be way beyond our ability to regulate and control them." Though in so many areas of our lives, technology has been so helpful, but also it has caused so much damage. Personally I think it has been much more of a curse than blessing, it is from this technology that man was able to build nuclear weapons that could wipe out a whole continent and more, it is this technology that was used to create phones that enables us to reach our loved ones anytime, any day. So to u, is technology more of a blessing than it is of a curse. @Moderator, Pls stick this to the homepage for pple to be able to gain and contribute, fenks.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Freiburger(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2013
I think it is just too early to label today's technology a curse, but my concern is the fact that the today's kids are leaning more towards being smart than working hard, and hard work paved the way to the techs we 're seeing today. So if these kid only rely on their finger tipps to get things done in every aspect of life, that will create a huge loophole which the world will require another whole generation to cover up.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by slightlyMad(f): 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
Technology has been both a blessing and a curse.
without tech, many industry you can think off today may be non-existent and guys like dbanj, jayz, beyonce will be local musicians in their respective countries.

Then we would have no idea how our president looks like cos there will be no picture,
and there will be no salary for the 50-man laptop team cos there will be no nairaland, no mark zukerberg, no google, no iphone, no bbm, no TV, no internet, no light.
no candles, not even shakabula cos there will be no kerosene, na Fitila we go dey fuel with palm oil
and goodluck will visit each state by foot and will have no reason to use his legendary line "I had no shoes"

The weather will be more cooler cos global warning will be millions of year in the future.
no fear of nuclear war but if you ask me sincerely, i prefer living 40 years of sweet technology than roam the planet for 80years on bare foot.

besides, am 3rd to comment. grin

16 Likes

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by MaJBlige(f): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
this kain front page topic na wa.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by packman: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
all this moderator self angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by plaetton: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
Only a Dumb Nigeran nitwit would ask such a question.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Im a blessing grin grin

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by checkdate(m): 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please do not post adverts in this section, to
avoid being banned.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by stephano100(m): 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
ask google

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by alotofgrace(m): 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
technology was the by-product during creation...Lucifer took it and gave it to those who are ready to sell their souls....so blessing initially....curse in the end...towards the ETT syndrome

gbagaun! gbagaun!!

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Lilimax(f): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
It is both ways. What ever you want it to be...You can decide to make it a blessing or a curse.
The choice is yours

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
What kind of stupid question is this?

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by xclusive43(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Technology is a blessing because it's helping us
to learn more and be able to advance in many
different things. It facilitates easier learning,
providing us with resources at the click of a
button. It produces better work in business
environments and certainly better production.
It offers so many more opportunities.

Also

It's a little bit of both. It's definitely a blessing
because it helps to make work easier for
individuals and organisations. At the same
time, it is a curse because young people hardly
use their brain anymore. They use technology
to answer almost all their questions.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by damosky12(m): 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
The question is: "Who are the mods on nairaland??"
small time now, topics like: "Farmer is better than teacher", "Girl is better than boy" would start being publicised.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by tosan200(m): 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by kennyonthrone(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
Both but its more of a blessin dan a curse
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by clans(f): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
i personally call technology the "anti christ". call me crazy or whatever. it seems to have an answer to what ever wrong that is going on. a massive hole suddenly appears somewhere and they say technology has found out there was PROBABLY a mining hole there before, before. but why dont u look at it this way, what if thats the link to hell fire . okey bye
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by natureem: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
I'll say both cos i've got new machines that can run things 4 me indirectly making me lazy

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by YoshiMaster: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
I think it is a curse, I miss those good ol days when I and my lover used to communicate via smoke signal.

Whenever there was smoke in the sky, southern direction, I knew she was thinking of me smiley

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by creativemusic: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by kerijay(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
plaetton: Only a Dumb Nigeran nitwit would ask such a question.

Then you are prolly the real dumbest dude to say so

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by homesteady(m): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Its a curse in disguise! smiley

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
70% blessing, 30% curse.
Last Bullet:
The advantages of technology is more than its disadvantages.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Technology is just technology. Sin is the problem...
Will you say God creating Eve was a curse?.

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by chimchim1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
I suspect U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Boko Haram member. Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω can a technology be a curse?

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by donsmall94(m): 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
[size=20pt]SPACE BOOKED angry[/size]
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Ruq: 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
it's a blessing that'll turn out to be a curse. But in all cases
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
The year 1994 can you and I communicate as we are doing now? I'm asking you

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by buoye1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
It's a blessing to me..dunno abt u

Rarest Kind Of Interspecies Love / I Buy Used Inverter Batteries, Condemned Car Batteries, All Dead Batteries / NigComSat-1, Nigeria's Satellite In The Orbit: What Is The Situation Now?