Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,152 members, 7,913,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:24 PM

States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (14852 Views)

Poll: The state with the best infrastructure in Nigeria

Akwa-Ibom: 17% (41 votes)
Enugu: 16% (37 votes)
Kaduna: 3% (7 votes)
Lagos: 56% (131 votes)
Rivers: 6% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which state has the best infrastructure in Nigeria aside from Lagos (a former FCT)?

Akwa-Ibom: 36% (9 votes)
Enugu: 40% (10 votes)
Rivers: 24% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

5 States With Poorest Infrastructure In The Nigeria / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Dhelake: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Beaf:

Delta state is not a one city state.
Everybody in Nigeria has heard of Warri, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka etc.
tell me who hasnt heard of V.I, Ikeja, Lekki, Oshodi and so on ... Comparin Delta to Lagos ... U only made ma laffin spree continue .. Afta hearin some pple claimin Osun and Ebonyi av more infrastructure ... The OP is nt askin 4 ur state of origin
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by henrydickson: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
Any which way na way... Na •̸ϞƔ‎​‎​‎​ state oƒ‎​ mind
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Reference(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
I think Cross-River state trumps here. Relatively of course. No private power but there is a power plant being built outside Calabar.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Cleanman(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ejiné: Of course the answer is Lagos.

I was just about to laugh at a guy who said "Osun State", only to see another who said "Ebonyi"!!!!! shocked LMFAO!!
..hey!..have u(Beaf included) been 2 osun state recently?..lotta construction weck gwan-on bru...d guv'nor is defnately wecking.... State of d virtuous!.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Elueme: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: says who FG invested oil money in lagos,if you say agriculture money fine!since the advent of this crude oil,tinubu and fash can account di amount FG had invested to the state...have you forgotten that obasanjo refused to pay allocation to lagos for years...@op you ursef know appropriate answer to this question,even if you ask a new born baby he will definately tell you LASGIDi
Your analogy is wrong. Lagos was very much developed before states like Akwaibom was created... Relatively, considering the rate of infrastructural development, within 4 years that state had become a model state with first class road networks, tourist centre, booming economy etc.. I give it to Akwaibom ibom
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
opoke: Ebonyi State has excelled in all that you mentioned. Carry go Chief Martin Elechi the peoples Governor.

There should be a slap button for people like you

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Dhelake: tell me who hasnt heard of V.I, Ikeja, Lekki, Oshodi and so on ... Comparin Delta to Lagos ... U only made ma laffin spree continue .. Afta hearin some pple claimin Osun and Ebonyi av more infrastructure ... The OP is nt askin 4 ur state of origin

I didn't compare Delta to Lagos, I simply made it clear that Delta is not a one city state like the others. cool

Delta state generates by far more money for Nigeria than Lagos anyway, it also has a higher Human Development Index (HDI)... If you want to draw things out, I'm ready to shock you.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Cleanman: ..hey!..have u(Beaf included) been 2 osun state recently?..lotta construction weck gwan-on bru...d guv'nor is defnately wecking.... State of d virtuous!.

Dude, there is no part of Osun state that is not like a village compared to other states.
You people had better learn to travel a bit more and expand your horizons, bringing Osun up in a discussion about infrastructure if really laughable.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Beaf:

I didn't compare Delta to Lagos, I simply made it clear that Delta is not a one city state like the others. cool

Delta state generates by far more money for Nigeria than Lagos anyway, it also has a higher Human Development Index (HDI)... If you want to draw things out, I'm ready to shock you.

Who is this dude?

You have to be the dumbest dude ever.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
According to figures from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Annual Report and Statement of Accounts for 2009, Lagos came top by generating 62.14 per cent of its total revenue (TR) through IGR.

The TR comprises gross statutory allocation, augmentation, share of excess oil revenue, VAT, IGR, grants as well as stabilisation funds and others.

For the 2009 fiscal year under review, out of a total of N224 billion realised by Lagos as income, N139.20 billion was generated from IGR.

Sokoto, which followed with 47.74 per cent, had N72.90 billion, out of which N34.80 billion was IGR.

Ogun with a total revenue of N54.80 billion had IGR of N16.10, had 29.38 per cent of its total income, while Rivers, an oil-rich state, which collected the highest total revenue - that is, N248 billion (with 13 per cent derivation fund) - could only generate N71.30 billion, translating to 28.75 per cent.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107180475.html

The Delta State Government’s internally generated revenue has soared to a record N36 billion naira per annum more than double its previous earnings of N15 billion per annum grossed in the last two years, according to its Board of Internal Revenue.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/delta-internally-generated-revenue-soars-n36b

This forum is laughable.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
According to the World Bank and DFID, Lagos’ 2009 GDP is estimated at N4.163tn. Lagos which is a mega-city is the largest contributor to the national GDP at 18%. Lagos’ GDP ranks 6th after Cairo ($98 billion); Johannesburg ($79 billion); Cape Town ($75 billion). Its GDP equals that of Kenya ($29.5 billion) which has a higher population (30million) than Lagos. Lagos boasts of a higher GDP than Cameroun ($20.6 billion), Cote d’ Ivoire ($19.6 billion) and Ghana ($15.2 billion) which have populations of 19, 21 and 24 million people respectively.

Lagos contributes 18% of Nigeria's GDP.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Who is this dude?

You have to be the dumbest dude ever.

If you think I am dumb, then you are really foolish and ignorant.

The following states keep Nigeria alive:

Rivers
Delta
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom

They pay your governors salaries, your LG bosses salaries etc. Without the states mentioned, dumb people like you would be no better than citizens of Somalia, because Nigeria exists on awuf. A country where the people are so phucked up, they can't even manufacture a pin.

I can't understand what someone who is no better than a beggar has to boast about.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
Beaf:
If you think I am dumb, then you are really foolish and ignorant.

[s]The following states keep Nigeria alive:

Rivers
Delta
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom

They pay your governors salaries, your LG bosses salaries etc. Without the states mentioned, dumb people like you would be no better than citizens of Somalia, because Nigeria exists on awuf. A country where the people are so phucked up, they can't even manufacture a pin.

I can't understand what someone who is no better than a beggar has to boast about.
[/s]

Lagos feeds your family, without Lagos you won't have a PC right now. A state with a higher GDP than all the countries in West Africa, and most countries in East Africa is not to be messed with. You're not a very smart chap.

Empty barrels!

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

This forum is laughable.

IGR does not include oil money which you parasite on, bro.

According to your own figures, Delta state which has one third of Lagos states population, produced IGR that is comparable to that of Lagos on a per capita basis. That makes you look a right id!ot. No?

Secondly, as long as the awuf culture remains; the oil money from Delta state will always dwarf anything Lagos can dream of generating, from now until eternity.

2 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
london2lasgidi: [/s]

Lagos feeds your family, without Lagos you won't have a PC right now. A state with a higher GDP than all the countries in West Africa, and most countries in East Africa is not to be messed with. You're not a very smart chap.

Empty barrels!

I am sure you are a mere kid. Without oil, you would be like a Somalian.
Anyway, you talk like every other parasite I've encountered. All hot air, lies and no sense.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by musty1987(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
my state has it all. the best state in naija grin grin grin grin
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Beaf:
[s]IGR does not include oil money which you parasite on, bro.

According to your own figures, Delta state which has one third of Lagos states population, produced IGR that is comparable to that of Lagos on a per capita basis. That makes you look a right id!ot. No?

Secondly, as long as the awuf culture remains; the oil money from Delta state will always dwarf anything Lagos can dream of generating, from now until eternity.
[/s]

Who in Nigeria has benefited from the oil money, except your man at the helm of affairs and his cronies. Keep your oil and your oil money, and divide the country already.

I'm more worried about Islamists destroying the ancient city of Timbuktu, than another potential militant rat from the narrow-minded region, in a mistake of a geographical creation called, Nigeria Nigger-area.

Empty barrels!

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Beaf:
[s]I am sure you are a mere kid. Without oil, you would be like a Somalian.
Anyway, you talk like every other parasite I've encountered. All hot air, lies and no sense.
[/s]
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
london2lasgidi: [/s]

Who in Nigeria has benefited from the oil money, except your man at the helm of affairs and his cronies. Keep your oil and your oil money, and divide the country already.

I'm more worried about Islamists destroying the ancient city of Timbuktu, than another potential militant rat from the narrow-minded region, in a mistake of a geographical creation called, Nigeria Nigger-area.

Empty barrels!

Ask your governor if his salary is from IGR.
What a clown!

The least you can do, is be grateful to those who feed you, either directly or indirectly. I'll list them again:

Rivers
Delta
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
[s]
Beaf:

Ask your governor if his salary is from IGR.
What a clown!

The least you can do, is be grateful to those who feed you, either directly or indirectly. I'll list them again:

Rivers
Delta
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom
[/s]

Highest IGR in Nigeria

- Lagos.
- Ogun.

The least you can do is divide Nigeria Nigger-area already.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
Na wa o
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Dainfamous: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
na2day
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
london2lasgidi: [s][/s]

Highest IGR in Nigeria

- Lagos.
- Ogun.

The least you can do is divide Nigeria Nigger-area already.

What an id!ot!
Ok, you win; I've got better things to do than argue with a tree stump.

“Do not argue with an id!ot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
grin grin grin
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Dainfamous: 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
lets be honest to ourselves,with out oil&gas nigeria by now,will be in deep shiiit,look at sudan everything has gone up food transport etc the foreighn exchange we got from oil is why activities is happening in nigeria,our farmers dont bring up to 20% in the country GDP,american interest is on niger delta they dont realy care about the rest of the country lets be honest.For oil to flow without interruption they need to work with the owners...boko haram will never get the same attention like the militants in ND,power tussle haahahaha that is what we are seeing in nigeria N hav lost it and they dont want to accept it..........
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by kcreal(f): 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
Nobody wants his/her state to be left out, even Ebonyis and Osuns are mentioning theirs. My own state nko? I no see am for the list. lol
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by kcreal(f): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
Nobody wants his/her state to be left out, even Ebonyis and Osuns are mentioning theirs. My own state nko? I no see am for the list. lol
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
opoke: Ebonyi State has excelled in all that you mentioned. Carry go Chief Martin Elechi the peoples Governor.
hehehe, this is laughable my dear. Quite funny.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
Most Nigerians are simply deluded. The damnable crude oil and gas sector is the third highest earner or contributor to Nigeria’s GNP.

2 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by maigaskiya1: 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
bashr8: lagos abuja and rivers, those are states where federal government have invested oil money the most, everyother state are on their own.
my broda u just spoke my mind.isues lyk ds lagos abuja nd ph shoud be left out,especaly lagos an ex fct wic every tribe in nija contributd 2 its suces.dy shud bring any westrn state infact travel 2d west there u wil knw dy re just noise makers

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by DaLover(m): 11:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: says who FG invested oil money in lagos,if you say agriculture money fine!since the advent of this crude oil,tinubu and fash can account di amount FG had invested to the state...have you forgotten that obasanjo refused to pay allocation to lagos for years...@op you ursef know appropriate answer to this question,even if you ask a new born baby he will definately tell you LASGIDi

This poster can't be more than 23 years old....i can bet my life on it
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by DaLover(m): 11:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

According to figures from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Annual Report and Statement of Accounts for 2009, Lagos came top by generating 62.14 per cent of its total revenue (TR) through IGR.

The TR comprises gross statutory allocation, augmentation, share of excess oil revenue, VAT, IGR, grants as well as stabilisation funds and others.

For the 2009 fiscal year under review, out of a total of N224 billion realised by Lagos as income, N139.20 billion was generated from IGR.

Sokoto, which followed with 47.74 per cent, had N72.90 billion, out of which N34.80 billion was IGR.

Ogun with a total revenue of N54.80 billion had IGR of N16.10, had 29.38 per cent of its total income, while Rivers, an oil-rich state, which collected the highest total revenue - that is, N248 billion (with 13 per cent derivation fund) - could only generate N71.30 billion, translating to 28.75 per cent.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107180475.html

The Delta State Government’s internally generated revenue has soared to a record N36 billion naira per annum more than double its previous earnings of N15 billion per annum grossed in the last two years, according to its Board of Internal Revenue.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/delta-internally-generated-revenue-soars-n36b

This forum is laughable.

Really laughable I swear...especially when someone says the oil generated from a state does not contribute to its IGR..
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by london2lasgidi(m): 11:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
Dede1: Most Nigerians are simply deluded. [size=18pt]The damnable crude oil and gas sector is the third highest earner or contributor to Nigeria’s GNP.[/size]

Bless you! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anslem Okojie Endorses Obaseki Of APC, Says PDP Bribed Them With N6M / Atiku Meets EU Ambassadors In Abuja (photos) / Ghana Cuts Fuel Subsidies, Fuel Rises To N184 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.