Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,787 members, 7,952,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) (21173 Views)

Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Raimond(m): 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
I thought this post was about matters of security...Whats all these no covering of hair stuff.If you're uncomfortable with it, go find a church where the ladies wear sniper-type head gears.*Ignorance is worse than boko haram sef*
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Baawaa(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
Zeddicus:
Seriously. Everyone is preaching the 'stay at home' message but am not buying it yet. If you are scared of BH bombings in the church and sit at home, Will you also sit at home during the weekdays?
I stayed on the queue for 5 minutes last sunday (Living faith) but it won't deter me. If am not meant to die by bomb blast i wont!
For the atheists, stick to your beliefs while we stick to ours just as the ogboni and juju guys will stick to theirs too! Whatever works for you, go on with it and shut up!
You make me believe the picture partially
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Infomizer(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
akagaba: u ar a satanic agent and if u dnt repent nw, ul fry in hell. Havent u read in d bible abt d sabbath day? Why do muslims go 2mosque? If u thnk boko haram and their deadly act wil stop worshipers frm goin 2church, then u must b thnkin thru ur anus cus neva wil it happen. Do u undastand the meanin of "fellowishp" sure u dnt and its a pity 4u. I wud rather die in church while servin God than stay at home in my hous on sunday. Get ths in2 ur empty skull.

My brother/sister, you don't need to be vituperative in your response. This is common sense. If Bingo (a dog) senses danger somewhere, it will only bark from afar but it won't go there. It is simply a survival instinct that God has bestowed us with. Why go against nature?

For judging my occupation as a satanic agent and my destination after death (from your own point of view), don't you think you have violated one of Jesus' (Your lord and personal savior) ethos about judging others?

Yes, I have read the bible about the sabbath and have also read 'my people perish because they lack wisdom'.

You are asking me why muslims go to mosque? Where is the pertinency in that with regards to my statement?

Considering the extent to which people have ingested religious doctrines without reason, I will be mistaken to think that people will quit making a suicidal trip to church despite the looming danger. So apparently, I'm not thinking through my anus.

You were also too quick to doubt my understanding of the meaning of 'fellowishp' [sic]. These days, Wordweb or Google will give me the meaning so it's no pity for me as you opined.

Well, bBest of luck in dying in church while serving God on 'sabbath day' (is it sunday or saturday?) instead of staying safe at home where 'two or three may be gathered in his name'. As for me I'd rather not commit suicide!

P.S. The last time I checked, my skull wasn't empty tongue
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by chijokz(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
ayobase:

So clubbing na for day time in ur domain abi?
Not seeing Bibles meant.......?

No mind the mumu...all his posts no dey get sense..
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by akagaba(f): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Infomizer:

My brother/sister, you don't need to be vituperative in your response. This is common sense. If Bingo (a dog) senses danger somewhere, it will only bark from afar but it won't go there. It is simply a survival instinct that God has bestowed us with. Why go against nature?

For judging my occupation as a satanic agent and my destination after death (from your own point of view), don't you think you have violated one of Jesus' (Your lord and personal savior) ethos about judging others?

Yes, I have read the bible about the sabbath and have also read 'my people perish because they lack wisdom'.

You are asking me why muslims go to mosque? Where is the pertinency in that with regards to my statement?

Considering the extent to which people have ingested religious doctrines without reason, I will be mistaken to think that people will quit making a suicidal trip to church despite the looming danger. So apparently, I'm not thinking through my anus.

You were also too quick to doubt my understanding of the meaning of 'fellowishp' [sic]. These days, Wordweb or Google will give me the meaning so it's no pity for me as you opined.

Well, bBest of luck in dying in church while serving God on 'sabbath day' (is it sunday or saturday?) instead of staying safe at home where 'two or three may be gathered in his name'. As for me I'd rather not commit suicide!

P.S. The last time I checked, my skull wasn't empty tongue
wow, atheist guy, jst got 2kno who u ar naw. Im sorry 4u, ur condition is worst dan dat of boko Haram. If only u kno that life is mor dan wat u see, then ul be thnkin more abt ur soul. Goddd! Im sory 4u.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by ooHBee: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Akagaba
P/s I nid to be educated here. the bible christians believe is the word of God and following the bible could lead to heaven.my question is if the bible clearly states in corinth. that women should cover their hair while in certain situations(environment), shudn't it b obeyed by xtrians? and if we think that part of the bible is not completely correct and we can afford to disobey it, then how do we convince the "unbelievers" that the other bible stories are true. I mean if one part can be incorrect how are we sure the other stories were not made up? I completely understd ur take on righteousness and true holiness from the inside but should we disobey the bible? remember the bible is d word of God.this and many more are my concern and i realy need answers..

1 Like

Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Infomizer(m): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
akagaba: wow, atheist guy, jst got 2kno who u ar naw. Im sorry 4u, ur condition is worst dan dat of boko Haram. If only u kno that life is mor dan wat u see, then ul be thnkin more abt ur soul. Goddd! Im sory 4u.

There you go again. Jumping into conclusions and judging others.

Imma break your heart now dude, I'm not an atheist and from my previous post, you didn't have to be too knowledgeable to figure that out.

I don't even need your lecture on life being more than the physical or your advice on what to do with my thoughts. Obviously, we've both got differing views about life and believe me, we've both got much to learn about this enigma called life.

Well, I don't intend arguing with your kind here and all I'm saying is: use the tools that God put at your disposal to survive (and that includes common sense)

P.S: Don't waste your time feeling sorry for me. You've got enough on your plate to worry about.

Cheers
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by akagaba(f): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2012
[quote auqthor=Infomizer]

There you go again. Jumping into conclusions and judging others.

Imma break your heart now dude, I'm not an atheist and from my previous post, you didn't have to be too knowledgeable to figure that out.

I don't even need your lecture on life being more than the physical or your advice on what to do with my thoughts. Obviously, we've both got differing views about life and believe me, we've both got much to learn about this enigma called life.

Well, I don't intend arguing with your kind here and all I'm saying is: use the tools that God put at your disposal to survive (and that includes common sense)

P.S: Don't waste your time feeling sorry for me. You've got enough on your plate to worry about.

Cheers[/quote] my dear, there is nothng like "common sense" wen it has 2do wit d thngs of God. Ur common sense is foolishnes be4 God. If u thnk ur common sense is so relevant in life, then ul be up evry nite 2calculate ur dreams and wat shud happen to ur life, and ofcus liv without mistakes in life. See, guy, life is more spiritual, and d best way 2live is 2live by d word of God. insinuating that stayin bak frm church on sunday is a 'common sense' to save ur life frm Boko haram menace is quite appolling and ridiculous. So wat wil u say abt those who wer d victims of d same calamity at their offices "ths day office and d rest?. Wil u tel me thats its rather beta to die at work than church? So funny. Are u aware dat why thes unscrupulous characters ar attackin churches specifically is jst 2thwart and eridicate christianity? And by ur stayin bak frm church in order 2escape this catastrophe is jst d best way of fulfilling and actualisin their goals/purpose?, are u aware?. If the muslims wil b so dreaded and deadly as to endulge in suicide bombin (dieing 4their belief, whch is even false) then tell me why we, christians, shudnt even go extra miles jst 4d sake of d gospel, that we kno is real and true, even if it means dieing 4it like Stephen in d bible. I wish ur eyes wil b opened 2 ths truth. Remember, ul certainly die someday. So guy, its so sad that becus of d fear of boko Haram, u decide 2stop worshipin in church. So nw u fear boko Haram mor dan God, to u, God wil undastand ur fear? Abi? wao, its really so sad, so so sad and i cry in my spirit. Wat a weak and a coward xtian u ar if at al u ar a xtian? Wat wil u hav 2tel God if in d proces of U tryin 2save ths ur "life" u happen 2loose it, probably thru another means? My dear, Until u undastand d efficacy and value of d gospel, then u wont eva be able 2tok d way im doing or even undastand my plight. But listen, for me and my house, if it means, diein 4d gospel whle servin God, then we wil do it a million times. There is a way out 4all thes thngs and its vry simple and it vexes dat peopl die without ths knowlege bt meanwhle If u thnk that ur common sense is ur tool 4life, then i wish u luck.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by akagaba(f): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
AB$I:
Stop being a punk ass.emergency prayer in a bus or whereva is different from going to the church.read ur bible and practice it&stop twisting the scripture to satisfy ur mood.
Hey, take it easy and present ur points if at all u hav any, apart frm ths ur sentimental jagons. So in dat ur skull, u feel that wen its emergency crisis in d bus that GOD undastands? Hahahahaha. God, people ar truly religious slaves. Guy, so u feel God is a man and shud thnk like u do wit in dat ur dumb head. Wen u die, ur spirit that leaves ties headtie and if u ar a woman, ul probably wear long gown on top long sleeves and head out of ur body, abi?. U nid 2study ur bibl more. Seriously.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by bsparks: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2012
Tropilo:

Its a lie! They must be queuing to enter a night club not church.
vanstanzy:

U sure say this peops bin dey go church? The background wan resemble UNILAG.

JEEZ!!! Enuf already. angry That's DEFINITELY a queque for The Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA).
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Infomizer(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
akagaba:
my dear, there is nothng like "common sense" wen it has 2do wit d thngs of God. Ur common sense is foolishnes be4 God. If u thnk ur common sense is so relevant in life, then ul be up evry nite 2calculate ur dreams and wat shud happen to ur life, and ofcus liv without mistakes in life.

Are you serious? If I may ask, who are you to make such an assertion? Why are you so sure that there is nothing like common sense before God? Why did he give us a brain? Is it not to think? If common sense is not so relevant to life, try caressing a hungry lion because your pastor said so or because of your faith in God's protection. Here is my advice, in order not to appear foolish before God, leave your family behind, and go open a church in Maiduguri. Going by your point of view, it will be the smartest thing to do. My point is this: committing a suicidal act in the name of religion is anti-nature and goes against the dynamics of survival.

See, guy, life is more spiritual, and d best way 2live is 2live by d word of God.

If you tell me life is more 'spiritual', then I may agree with you to an extent, though the fact that there are somethings that cannot be explained yet does not mean that they are spiritual! Now, telling me that living in the 21st century, by the word of God people that lived in another millennia, is the best way to live, is totally preposterous. That is argument for another thread though!

insinuating that stayin bak frm church on sunday is a 'common sense' to save ur life frm Boko haram menace is quite appolling and ridiculous. So wat wil u say abt those who wer d victims of d same calamity at their offices "ths day office and d rest?. Wil u tel me thats its rather beta to die at work than church? So funny.

How is 'staying safe' a ridiculous claim? We've not even ironed out that part of the bible where God said that you MUST go to church on sunday as a criteria for entering heaven? What happened to other more important rules like the Golden Rule?

Now don't get me wrong here! I'm not saying that you are safe from the Boko haram menace in the comfort of your homes! Life is a risk and there are more than a thousand ways to die unprepared. Who knows if cyanide is in the air that I'm breathing at this very moment? Nobody is promised tomorrow, not even Obama. Quick question here: Will you knowingly/willingly board a plane that you've been told wants to be managed for a particular fight due to its technical hitches? I don't think so and if you would, then I'm sorry for wasting your time and mine on this thread. However, if you wouldn't then you just followed my advice by staying safe. Though a bomb blast at the departure lounge in the airport may still take your life o!, but you've averted the one that can be averted. So answering your question, it is better not to commit suicide!!!!!

Are u aware dat why thes unscrupulous characters ar attackin churches specifically is jst 2thwart and eridicate christianity? And by ur stayin bak frm church in order 2escape this catastrophe is jst d best way of fulfilling and actualisin their goals/purpose?, are u aware?. If the muslims wil b so dreaded and deadly as to endulge in suicide bombin (dieing 4their belief, whch is even false) then tell me why we, christians, shudnt even go extra miles jst 4d sake of d gospel, that we kno is real and true, even if it means dieing 4it like Stephen in d bible. I wish ur eyes wil b opened 2 ths truth.

I'm fully aware bro, and they cannot succeed (Just as the roman-catholic church could not put out the flames of science and free thinking with their inquisition). But, what makes you think that their belief is false? Who are you to judge? Can't you just worship your God without judging other belief systems? Is that the Great Commission? Aha, Brother Stephen? The only difference between that bro and a BH suicide bomber is that he wasn't killing people (after all, they both died for what they believe in). Bro, I should be the one wishing that your eyes be opened to the truth about your belief system. There is a lot you don't know bro, I'm serious!!!

Remember, ul certainly die someday.

I have never forgotten that fact!!!

So guy, its so sad that becus of d fear of boko Haram, u decide 2stop worshipin in church. So nw u fear boko Haram mor dan God, to u, God wil undastand ur fear? Abi? wao, its really so sad, so so sad and i cry in my spirit.

I have told you to go start a ministry in Maiduguri since you are not afraid of BH o! Better still, try door-to-door evangelizing. God will definitely understand even if he doesn't protect you since your reward is in heaven (wherever that is)

[Quote] Wat a weak and a coward xtian u ar if at al u ar a xtian? Wat wil u hav 2tel God if in d proces of U tryin 2save ths ur "life" u happen 2loose it, probably thru another means?

Call me whatever you want to, coming from you, I'm used to it. As per what I will tell God? What makes you think he is interested in my explanations? I was born to die anyway, so however that happens is left to me and him.

My dear, Until u undastand d efficacy and value of d gospel, then u wont eva be able 2tok d way im doing or even undastand my plight. But listen, for me and my house, if it means, diein 4d gospel whle servin God, then we wil do it a million times. There is a way out 4all thes thngs and its vry simple and it vexes dat peopl die without ths knowlege bt meanwhle If u thnk that ur common sense is ur tool 4life, then i wish u luck.

WoW! What a closing remark! Fortunately, I've been there, done that, and found it wanting! I was once in your shoes and would have said the same years ago, but the gospel has little to offer a truth seeker. Best of luck in trying to die for the gospel (don't forget the Maiduguri trip!!!). You won't be the first or the last. As for me, while I try to avoid death (and I will fail eventually!), I will stick to my reason and common sense.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by lomprico(m): 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
[quote author=tpia@]

good points.

lord have mercy sha.

and true, i dont see any evidence linking them with a church.[/quote

Hey dats how they search on sundays in churches in abuja and those with cars park some distance from d church building or compound. So this picture is 95% true.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by sheunfunmi(f): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
akagaba: headtie my foot, then why did God give them hair? Wil tieing of headtie lead them 2heaven? Or wil it indicate that sin has been tied away in their lives? Religious fanatism. Go and read john 7 vs 24.
. Indeed, u are a true preacher. Didn't your bible say women are to cover their heads during prayers in 1corinthians 11, or rat has eaten that protion of your bible? We are fast to past compliments on and wave things that ought to be strictly taken.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by elysianevents: 2:59am On Nov 14, 2015
sexysunnyb:
are you sure they are Queuing for Church or Club ? cos i cant see Bible what i see here is sexy girls going to Club Na wa ooo for Churches of Now a days
churches are not perfect points they are building places...so if you see every1 like angels in church then check it...even in heaven lucifer rose up..among Jesus company...judas rose...annaias and his wife...my brother...u need to start seeing beyond girls..to beautiful women of GOD..proverbs 23.7...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Things You May Not Know About #goodfriday / Tayo Demola Blasts Father Mbaka Over His Embarrassment Of Peter Obi / Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.