Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,269 members, 7,928,888 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 02:21 AM

Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan (18888 Views)

Jonathan Bans Gmb From Receiving International Visitors And Guests Till May 29 / Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

One day,all of you will go back to your ancestral home of ile-ife.

And one day the "Oghene" will go back to his ancestral home too. grin
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
In the 19th century, the British were imprisoning their people for debt and executing others for all sundry crimes. It was not termed 'Human sacrifices'. But needed reasons to come to 'beknighted' Africa.Slavery and human sacrifices were some of them.The more graphic their depiction of events,the more moral excuse they had for their invasions.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

And one day the "Oghene" will go back to his ancestral home too. grin

Haha.Nice reply that.Actually, they will move to the Arabian Peninsula.Road far o.And all those beduins with their samurai-like swords and do not understand 'e jo' will be waiting. Or because of that the migration na from Lekki peninsula nau?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by eseosa77(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
why are u people saying what didnt know?,am a son of bini soil.The oba did not in any way avoid the president or his entourage,if he said for one reason or the other he is not allow to receive any visitor due to the fact that he is performing a traditional rite,is not scornful.If he is actually avoiding them,why did he receive the vice president last month who was in benin last month over the same pupose?.Please u people should mind the way u talk to our oba if u people would not want to go the way of one administative gorvernor who once insulted him.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by crackhouse(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Nwokem, you are toying with madness.. Becareful lest you become a performer in the market.. The Gods are wise..
gods and not Gods
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Victorcastrol: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
mitofag:

Abomination! You never blame the gods.
who are the gods? The bible declears ye r gods & children of the most Hiigh!
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Dede1(m): 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ibos dont have a kingdom but small villages which I'm sure had very hardened criminals at that time.

I guess you meant the hardened criminals the Nupe and Fulani chased away from Oyo ile which was 30+ miles north of present day Ilorin.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by tzone: 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
oba me bullocks. d so called queer oba only exhibited a high degree of disrespect n irresponsiblity 2 d president of nigeria. wot a shame 2 d entire ppl of benin. hez a disgrace 2 d entire monarchs.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ogaemma: 12:16am On Jul 05, 2012
There is already a press release from the bini traditional council regarding this false story. Pls you guys should stop posting junk on the front page of nairaland.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 12:27am On Jul 05, 2012
Keneking: Pls read in-between the lines. Look at the last paragraph of the letter from the palace. Who were they refering to?
Anyway, Oba still dey use Nitel number for his palace na waoh.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ifihearam: 1:08am On Jul 05, 2012
This yeye bini people just dey over rate this their oba
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by realsammie(m): 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
I'M A KING WHERE I CAME FROM
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
crackhouse: gods and not Gods

All gods na God..
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by madjune(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Which normal person would love to see GEJ? And to listen to his monotonous speeches that make no sense.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Docklands: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
bye mr president ----
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Docklands: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
read between the lines ---Bye Bye mr president or change direction period
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dede1:

Oba of Benin was told in no uncertain language to sit quietly in Benin City and avoid certain human endeavors by the western regional governemnt under Awo. I guess you remembered the famous political quote that made rounds in the old western region of Nigeria. The little authority of Oba of Benin wielded prior to the British invasion ended in 1897.

Of course, you would argue the dead bodies and in some cases headless ones were those of criminals and destitute people who never had a proper burial as if Benin Empire was jungle. Anyway, Benin Empire was what it was, village. The statement from you about British claim or lack thereof is plain laughable.

It is noted in history books that Oba dying in Calabar was not as result of the power wielded by Oba. What different does it make if Oba died happily or crazily?

Dude, why do you always have to go around disparaging others' culture and beliefs? If youre not insulting Yorubas then its the Hausas, if its not Ijaws its the Binis. Like , SERIOUSLY, whats your problem? Do you have mental issues or is it just low self esteem? You always insult people with civilizations thousands of years old, with no respect for their past. How old is your ancestry or is it that you come from a place where theres no recognized authority thus confusion always reigns? Is it "every man for himself" where youre from or is there a hierarchy of sorts? How do you wake up your parents when they're asleep: do you gently touch them or do you give them violent Field-Goal type kicks to the back to remind them that its that time to get ready for work?

I ask all these questions because you come off as a beast that wasnt raised in a society/household that promotes "respect for others". I'll be very joyed if you'd reply me with an answer me as soon as possible, so that if theres any sort of misunderstanding from me (towards you) regarding your seemingly undomesticated attitude, all doubts can be put to rest and any necessary apologies can be tendered ASAP.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
realsammie: I'M A KING WHERE I CAME FROM
Even the Jungle has a hierarchy . . . is your ancestral home WORSE than the Jungle? undecided
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by realsammie(m): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
kingoflag: Even the Jungle has a hierarchy . . . is your ancestral home WORSE than the Jungle? undecided
cow
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Heard somewhere that the Omo n'Oba wanted to save the President from embarassment. One of the Bini chiefs was going to tell the President not to waste his time campaigning for PDP in Edo State as Oshiomole was going to win!This would have been during prayers for the PDP candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' / Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office / Magnus Abe Inagurate Bats-Vanguard In Obio/Akpor And Port Harcourt LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.