Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:47 PM

Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers (10687 Views)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by otilowaju(f): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
It's schools' end-of-year again and as usual teachers except gift items from parents of their students. My daugher has passed through several teachers and has many of them as friends (apart from her current class teacher). I'm not too buoyant myself so I'm wondering what to give that won't create hole in my purse. Anyone has a suggestion on a moderate note? I've given textiles (tye and dye) and those tall stainless tea cups (used in offices) in the past. Thanks as you give your suggestion, and pls note, my budget is N1k maximum per person.

POSTED ON BEHALF OF A COLLEAGUE. THANKS
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by horny4u(f): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
Customised leather wallet with their name written on it.

Soory there prices have gone up I guess due to high cost of raw materials used them all the time as gifts

http://www.danielsrealleather.com/currencywallets.html
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by tobechi20(m): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hmmm...let me try
Chalk
cane
packet of red biro

1 Like

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
You guys have started Abi. Stop buying these teachers gift! That was how they gave me 25 th position out of 35 people because my parent didn't get gifts for them. That was my first time in that school at the age of 8yrs. In my present the first position was a girl who they popular know her mother as chAir lady.

The trouble I made ehnn....the next term they gave me my right position.

To answer your question, anything not related to what the other kids will benefit from, then don't give bribe....ops..I mean gift
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by otilowaju(f): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
[
quote author=horny4u]Customised leather wallet with their name written on it.

Soory there prices have gone up I guess due to high cost of raw materials used them all the time as gifts

http://www.danielsrealleather.com/currencywallets.html
[/quote]

Thanks, horny4u. My friends didn't find the wallets appealing but I checked the site all the same and fell in love with their shoes & bags. Copied their contact details and am gonna visit their showroom on one of these days. True, I love those shoes/bags kiss and they are quite affordable.

tobechi20: Hmmm...let me try
Chalk
cane
packet of red biro

You must have attended Evening School wink

[
quote author=Vikin]You guys have started Abi. Stop buying these teachers gift! That was how they gave me 25 th position out of 35 people because my parent didn't get gifts for them. That was my first time in that school at the age of 8yrs. In my present the first position was a girl who they popular know her mother as chAir lady.

To answer your question, anything not related to what the other kids will benefit from, then don't give bribe....ops..I mean gift
[/quote]
It's not bribe oh, its just a way of appreciating the teacher(s) who taught your child successfully for a whole session.

4 Likes

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by horny4u(f): 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
otilowaju: [

Thanks, horny4u. My friends didn't find the wallets appealing but I checked the site all the same and fell in love with their shoes & bags. Copied their contact details and am gonna visit their showroom on one of these days. True, I love those shoes/bags kiss and they are quite affordable.

You must have attended Evening School wink

[quote author=Vikin]You guys have started Abi. Stop buying these teachers gift! That was how they gave me 25 th position out of 35 people because my parent didn't get gifts for them. That was my first time in that school at the age of 8yrs. In my present the first position was a girl who they popular know her mother as chAir lady.

It's not bribe oh, its just a way of appreciating the teacher(s) who taught your child successfully for a whole session.

The owners of the company are a lovely, honest and very hardworking couple.

( I am not a fan of their shoes but they use very good made in Nigeria leather )

I give out the wallets to mostly male clients.

Its good to be appreciative of people definitely not bribe.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by Ndipe(m): 1:28am On Jul 07, 2012
It's wrong to buy gifts to your children's teacher because indirectly, they might favor your children over the rest of the non giving students. In America, it's really frowned upon. Please dont! A teacher's duty is to educate their students and you have already done your duty by paying thier school fees which is actually their salary.
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by otilowaju(f): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
(1)[quote author=Ndipe]It's wrong to buy gifts to your children's teacher because indirectly, they might favor your children over the rest of the non giving students. In America, it's really frowned upon. Please dont! A teacher's duty is to educate their students and you have already done your duty by paying thier school fees which is actually their salary. [/quote]

(2)
It's schools' end-of-year again[color=#006600][/color] and as usual teachers except gift items from parents of their students. My daugher has passed through several teachers and has many of them as friends (apart from her current class teacher). I'm not too buoyant myself so I'm wondering what to give that won't create hole in my purse. Anyone has a suggestion on a moderate note? I've given textiles (tye and dye) and those tall stainless tea cups (used in offices) in the past. Thanks as you give your suggestion, and pls note, my budget is N1k maximum per person.

(1) In the school under discussion, one teacher does not teach the same child twice so long the child is promoted to the next class so there's no room for favoritism
(2) 'End-of-year' means the action is being done (proposed) after the teacher has taught your child since the beginning of the session/year to the end so its not bribery which is usually given in order to get a favour.

Well, this is Naija and such things are common and not out of place. Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by chii8(f): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2012
otilowaju: (1)[quote author=Ndipe]It's wrong to buy gifts to your children's teacher because indirectly, they might favor your children over the rest of the non giving students. In America, it's really frowned upon. Please dont! A teacher's duty is to educate their students and you have already done your duty by paying thier school fees which is actually their salary.

(2) It's schools' end-of-year again[color=#006600][/color] and as usual teachers except gift items from parents of their students. My daugher has passed through several teachers and has many of them as friends (apart from her current class teacher). I'm not too buoyant myself so I'm wondering what to give that won't create hole in my purse. Anyone has a suggestion on a moderate note? I've given textiles (tye and dye) and those tall stainless tea cups (used in offices) in the past. Thanks as you give your suggestion, and pls note, my budget is N1k maximum per person.

(1) In the school under discussion, one teacher does not teach the same child twice so long the child is promoted to the next class so there's no room for favoritism
(2) 'End-of-year' means the action is being done (proposed) after the teacher has taught your child since the beginning of the session/year to the end so its not bribery which is usually given in order to get a favour.

Well, this is Naija and such things are common and not out of place. Thanks anyways.
yes ur right.Thats Nigerian mentality,i have been a teacher for three years now and i understand what your saying,in some school here,parents appreciate teachers but its depending on the mental literacy of parents in such schools.And i dont see it as collecting bribe in anyway,teaching is a lot of jobs in one,you have to shape the academically,spiritually,emotionally,psychologically and otherwise.Mind you,a teacher in Nigeria especially in a private organisations are always underpaid,they kept on,because we really want the children we are building up to be great men and women someday,we will help change the situation of our country

2 Likes

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by jaybee3(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2012
What's the essence of the gift?
Is the teacher celebrating a birthday a something?
I bet there are no policies on gift declarations in Naija schools or corporate institutions.
Nonsense
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by tjskii(f): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2012
I realy hate d idea of giving my kids teachers gifts,wich kain mumu appreciation,am I not paying thru my nose as it is to pay schoolfees,which is eventually used as salary for dem,am I not d one even doin dia job for them,wen they giv my kids assignments theyv not even covered in skool yet and xpect him to com to skool d followin day with d answers,or giv d tiny kid assignments on d internet and xpect it to be printed out and bound,after workin my butt off all day at work so dt I can pay his skoolfees,I stil com home to meet unreasonabl skool homework,yet I'm xpcted to 'appreciate' the teachers at year end,kmt,thunder fire dia fat lazy behinds

2 Likes

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by dominique(f): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2012
^^^ they'll all like that. my nephew n nieces keep bringing annoying internet homeworks for me to help them with too. we didn't do any of that during our time and we turned out fine. i dont blame them too much sha. what kind of productivity do you expect from them when they're so damn underpaid? some of them get paid as low as 15k. when my kid starts school, i aint giving any teacher shishi. the day i hear they're maltreatin my son cos i no dey give them nada, that day they go hear am. gift ko, gift ni tongue
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by Bluemoon1(f): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
A good book... i remember giving my teacher a book called Hadassah. she loved it
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by tjskii(f): 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
tjskii:
I realy hate d idea of giving my kids teachers gifts,wich kain mumu appreciation,am I not paying thru my nose as it is to pay schoolfees,which is eventually used as salary for dem,am I not d one even doin dia job for them,wen they giv my kids assignments theyv not even covered in skool yet and xpect him to com to skool d followin day with d answers,or giv d tiny kid assignments on d internet and xpect it to be printed out and bound,after workin my butt off all day at work so dt I can pay his skoolfees,I stil com home to meet unreasonabl skool homework,yet I'm xpcted to 'appreciate' the teachers at year end,kmt,thunder fire dia fat lazy behinds

Na wa o, I really dey vex for here o,hian, with age has come a little more wisdom,appreciate ur children's teachers o,make dem no discriminate against ur pikins,besides the work of teachers ain't easy,imagine having to chase after those lil scamps all day...I shudder at the thought,appreciate dem biko

2 Likes

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by maureensylvia(f): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
onegai zaynie alphahandmaiden, helovesme ramcie what's ur take on this?
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by Ezionye(f): 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Is it a government free education centre or are the teachers not paid from the school fees you pay?

If you must give gifts, any serious teacher will value a book. Look for a nice book. May be a customised note pad and packet of fancy biro

1 Like

Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by MsFaith: 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
At January this year, I thought in a sec school where my salary was #13,000. At the beginning of February I was paid #7,000. I kon look myself finish, after 5years in the university ,studied hard and graduated, what I deserved from this school is 7k , omo, the following week na to go drop their textbook and lesson note o. sey I no dey do again
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by zaynie(f): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2017
maureensylvia:

This topic is from 2012 na cheesy
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by Zinny25(f): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
It's not a bad idea to appreciate teachers. Especially the good ones, a teacher is like the parent of that child once that child is in school. Has your child improved academically, morally, and otherwise? Then you should know it took the effort of a teacher. Teachers are underpaid especially those in the private sector. It's not a way of bribing the teacher to favour your child it's just a way to show u appreciate his/her effort. Even if you don't have a gift to give, just telling the teacher you appreciate what she's doing in your child's life goes a long way to encourage her. At least she knows despite being underpaid, parents value her work and it serves as an encouragement. Please ma appreciate ur child's teacher. One day when I have my own children I will appreciate them especially the primary school teachers.
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by Ramcie(f): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
maureensylvia:

My dear congratulations on your baby. Kissses to him from me . I still dey waddle o! August is here already. Just can't wait
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by helovesme(f): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
maureensylvia:

My gift of choice is usually a bottle of perfume. Christmas time is when I give perfumes to the key nursery staff that have looked after the wellbeing of my son.
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by bedivine: 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
You can get colourfully perfumed shea butters for the teachers that will certainly come in handy during the harmattan

https://okumaorganics.com/pages/nigerian-christmas-gifts
Re: Gift Ideas For My Child's Teachers by HeyHey(f): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2021
otilowaju:

POSTED ON BEHALF OF A COLLEAGUE. THANKS

Thank you for this. I got a lot of insights on what to gift my kids teachers at end of year.
The aim is to appreciate the teachers for their efforts throughout the term. It’s not a bribe in anyway plus, the child is already leaving that class to a new grade/teacher. Also it’s not easy, that’s why parent are very happy when school resumes and they can have a neat quiet home again�.

Appreciate teachers always

(1) (Reply)

Sex With More Than 20 Women Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer / Know Your Spouse Personals':- Score Yourself! / A Male Child Or Female(which Is More Important)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.