Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,532 members, 7,972,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:48 PM

Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. (30574 Views)

The 10 Leading Family Businesses In Africa / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? / Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
oluchi jud: ... We gv birth cos we see children as God's gift n not as 'animals' cos i guess d@z d way ur parents see their offspringz.. No wonder u behave lyk one..

come give me a massage babe. I could use a forth Nigerian wife!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by rhymz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
We need genuine Nigerians doing business in Ghana to actually speak out and tell us what exactly is the case in Ghana. There are reports in some Ghanain newspapers' publication that Nigerians and other ECOWAS members were not affected by this obnoxious trade law.
I believe it is in the best interest of Ghana and its government to desist from the application of anti-competition policies that victimizes non-Ghanaians. It will be folly for any Ghanaian citizen to underestimate the negetive effects a retaliatory policy from other west African countries especially Nigeria will have on the emerging economy of Ghana.
Whether the likes of Petrodollar and his ilks like to admit it or not, the economy of Ghana-both the formal and informal sector- is still very much in the hands of these foreigners, a diplomatic row with anyone especially Nigeria will b very much felt. I don't want to go into details of how core areas of their economy can be sabotaged should push come to shove. Nigeria for instance supplies Ghana's ECG with very cheap and affordable Gas that improved greatly the out of the national grid, whatever FDI attraction the manufacturing sector is getting depended greatly on this improvement. If the Nigeria government decides to teach Ghana a lesson by increase the price of her gas just as Russia uses her oil and gas as a political tool to tame Georgia and the other former USSR countries.
The Ghanaian government needs to stop decieving her citizens by giving them the impression that whatever inefficiencies that is found in their system is caused by foreigners and fellow Africans in particular.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2012
The truth is that I never said anything about Ghanaian elitists but their silly elites. The group which the indolent prof that insulted Nigerians and Nigerian president belong to.

Ghanaians are just another envious Africans!

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
lol@the post in this thread
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by sweetcheecks(f): 12:02am On Jul 08, 2012
Nigerian men please stop being this emotional, you always react to things but not respond. There are laws that govern countries and need to be adhered to, even the bible says that. And the article says illegal trading. Why do you cry foul everytime you are called to order especially in your illegal dealings? Dont you think that is why Nigeria struggles to have a working legislation that put checks and balances to ensure a smooth running governmental system?You are rendering your country ungovernable now you want to do the same, in other countries?

You are one of the most brilliant people in the continant please abondone emotions and use the amazing God given grey matter in your heads to do what is right. Now you are just talk!!!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 08, 2012
I was actually enjoying the Tribalism talk in this thread...

Ping Pong Wing Hong Ping.....Dark Black Ugly...ect...

Yall need to get this thing Live Again.

For tha Record, I think Ghanaian People are Gorgeous.

Especially tha Ga and tha Fanti tongue

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by LTaiye(m): 2:41am On Jul 08, 2012
Ndata: What about the Chinese who came into Nigeria under the pretense of opening factories only to start importing and retailing goods?What are our government doing about it? And they use low price to drive Nigerian retailers out of business.And now some of them who have relocated to Ghana to continue their retail business are being driven out.What are they suppose to do now.Our government should look seriously into this issues.I wonder what our immigration department is doing?Most of these Chinese don't have legal document to work in Nigeria.Many don't even have valid visas.Yet they are here running our country men out of business and repatriating the proceeds from this retail business back to their country.

YOU SOUND JUST LIKE THE GHANIANS. The point is our country has so much untapped potential that it should only be an option for any Nigerian to seek business abroad not a necessity. I absolutely disagree with those who say our economy is saturated. The multitude of under-developed sectors that can contribute to our national GDP is evident of that. It's our leaders that we should turn on. They drag the country into the gutter but we all share in the humiliation.

On the part of Ghanians, they display the same brashness and short-sightedness of which most African countries are guilty. It wasn't too long ago that Ghanians were treated like lepers in Cóte d'Ivoire. Going even, but not too, further back puts us at a time where Ghanians were on food rations. Cóte d'Ivoire ran into crisis and Ivoiriens flocked to Ghana and other countries they previously considered inferior - hat in hand if I might add. Ghanians should realise that their prosperous economy is partly as a result of the misfortunes of their neibouring countries. As someone rightly said, simply redirecting investment away from Ghana into neighbouring countries is enough to wreck their economy - their economy is simply not big nor evolved enough to withstand such a shock. They might even be underestimating the contribution of those so- called traders to their economy.

Left to me I hope it doesn't come to that. I'll hate to see another budding African economy collapse, but collapse it can, and the Ghanians should know that. They should note the most recent example, Zimbabwe, and quit being so glum.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 08, 2012
manny4life:

Your post was very interesting till the last part. China feeds who with Technology? Technology in what exactly? Besides, what does SA have that Nigeria (if focused) will not have? Nigeria just needs to buckle up and be prepared because other African nations are out to disdain Nigeria at all cost. If all things were equal, the two countries you listed will be looking up to Nigeria but unfortunately, reverse is the case... WAKE UP NIGERIANS, hold your leaders accountable.
Thank you for the word buckle up! Right now we haven't buckle, what I say still stands as the truth lol
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by IncomeTutor: 5:07am On Jul 08, 2012
Nobody will teach you how to keep
your house safe and secure. Self
first.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2012
WHere is the physics nerd!!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 6:46am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim: WHere is the physics nerd!!

In ya mama's cooch.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 6:55am On Jul 08, 2012
oluchi jud: .. Are u effing kidding me?.. Dude pls stop makin a stupid joke of urself.. Go check worldwide stats..hw many ghanain intellectuals have achieved up2 chinua achebe,chimamanda,wole soyinka,ojukwu,evn in d computer world,dere is stil contempt as 2 ownership of ICT btwn Bill gates and a nigerian.. D best black student in d UK is a 9jerian. I cld go on but i'd rather implore u upgrade ur IQ,do some diging on ur own..i dnt need 2 be ur teacher cos u cnt afford ma pay.. Leggo!!!

Your grammar suggests you are not the 1000th best black Student!!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

In ya mama's cooch.

You must be looking at the fact that I schooled you yesterday. Yes I am a troll but, I come to teach lessons and I am serious about many of my posts. I started posting here when Nigerians were being massacred like dogs in Libya! A country calling itself a giant treated like dogs! I will make civilized men of you ladies... Maybe when I am done I can shape you girls up to be men!!! Maybe I can make you half of the man that a Ghanaman is.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

In ya mama's cooch.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is it the full moon? Even Manny4Lyf has been affected.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Don't be shocked.

I was invited.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Don't be shocked.

I was invited.

Your mothers cooch is so hairy that it will take 1000 years to begin the business if you know what I mean.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim:

You must be looking at the fact that I schooled you yesterday. Yes I am a troll but, I come to teach lessons and I am serious about many of my posts. I started posting here when Nigerians were being massacred like dogs in Libya! A country calling itself a giant treated like dogs! I will make civilized men of you ladies... Maybe when I am done I can shape you girls up to be men!!! Maybe I can make you half of the man that a Ghanaman is.

Even in Nigeria.
sad
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 7:05am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim:

You must be looking at the fact that I schooled you yesterday.

For the one millionth time, you don't even understand that direct written evidence already exists confirming what I was telling you - that Asante was apprehensive of war with Oyo, period. That you're not well read enough to have come across it already is your problem.

All of this other crap from you is just dishonesty. At one point you were claiming to be a Nigerian though (here), so I really shouldn't have expected anything other than dishonesty from you here. Don't know why I bothered.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 7:06am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Your mothers cooch is so hairy that it will take 1000 years to begin the business if you know what I mean.

"So hairy that it will take 1000 years to begin the business"

What kind of dumb comeback is that?
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Don't be shocked.

I was invited.

Ah. Okay I see.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

"So hairy that it will take 1000 years to begin the business"

What kind of dumb comeback is that?

the business is love making...but, with a forest there no sane man will go in that district cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Even in Nigeria.
sad

MORE Ghanaian LEADERSHIP in the REGION NOW!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 7:10am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim:

the business is love making...but, with a forest there no sane man will go in that district cheesy

Of course "the business" is love making - that's obvious. But it's still a dumb comeback, dumbass.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:13am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Of course "the business" is love making - that's obvious. But it's still a dumb comeback, dumbass.

Dumbass! Call me SIR!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Dumbass! Call me SIR!

Sir Dumbass of Ghana,

That was a dumb comeback.

wink
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Sir Dumbass of Ghana,

That was a dumb comeback.

wink

Ghanaian leadership NOW!!!!

When Ghana rises to the top the region will be great once again. If the Failed state of Nigeria does not get out of the way West Africa is finished.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2012
PhysicsQED:

For the one millionth time, you don't even understand that direct written evidence already exists confirming what I was telling you - that Asante was apprehensive of war with Oyo, period. That you're not well read enough to have come across it already is your problem.

All of this other crap from you is just dishonesty. At one point you were claiming to be a Nigerian though (here), so I really shouldn't have expected anything other than dishonesty from you here. Don't know why I bothered.
I was trolling while giving a serious history lesson... Once again, they were apprehensive of Akan allies joining with Oyo AND Dahomey... Which is exactly what happened... 6 vs 1.. I should be charging for this lesson
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by rhymz(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2012
sweetcheecks: Nigerian men please stop being this emotional, you always react to things but not respond. There are laws that govern countries and need to be adhered to, even the bible says that. And the article says illegal trading. Why do you cry foul everytime you are called to order especially in your illegal dealings? Dont you think that is why Nigeria struggles to have a working legislation that put checks and balances to ensure a smooth running governmental system?You are rendering your country ungovernable now you want to do the same, in other countries?

You are one of the most brilliant people in the continant please abondone emotions and use the amazing God given grey matter in your heads to do what is right. Now you are just talk!!!

Even though you sound way better and mature than than your brothers here on NL that have been busy giving us reasons to realy hate Ghanaians with their ignorant boasting, however, I think some times Ghanaians make statements that seem to either exaggerate or downplay certain realities in Ghana. May be it has to do with attitudinal difference between Nigerians and Ghana; the former will damn common sense and courtesy and say his father's prick is small even in the presense of strangers while the latter will ignore or downplay the small size of his father's pr!ck and instead, laugh and make jest of the former's unrestrained and tactless statements even though in reality, they both have small pr!cks.
You are so quick to talk about Nigeria not having a working legislature, yet "the almighty Ghana legislature" sat down and actually deliberated on an obnoxious law that defiles common sense, a law that seems to suggest that an average Ghanaian does not have the wherewithal or ability to compete in a free market.
A law that makes very unrealistic demands from non-Ghanaians, all in a bid to force them out. Your system has checks and balances yet a law that existed since 1994 was not implemented until recently, why the long wait, now when non-Ghanaians are begining to make a living from a sector that an average Ghanaian probably overlooked, envy.
Your legislature is working like you claim yet they allowed Ghana to be signatories to the ECOWAS free trade agreement knowing fully well that there already exist laws in the Ghanaian constitution that frowns at foreigners doing unrestricticted business-whether formal or informal-in Ghana.
And by the way, what do you mean by illegal business?
These are business men that came to Ghana, rented space and shops legitimately from Ghanaians who knew about the GIPC laws and also knew that these foreigners were going to start doing business in these shops and spaces, yet you call them illegal?
Are they supposed to know about the GIPC Law coming from their own countries or the Ghanaian authorities are supposed to have prevented them in the first place citing the redundant GIPC laws as the recourse of their actions.
It seems to me the Ghanaian authorities arbitrarily wield their constitutional powers out of envy and jealousy for the successes of these foreigners have achieved in sectors where an average Ghanaian has failed or overlooked.
Just out of curiosity, did your "perfect legislature" also passed a high tarrif law on Nigeria's movies and restricted Nigerian actors from shooting in Ghana or featuring in Ghanaian movies. I heard they also have been asked to pay certain fees in dollars as well to scale any restrictions. I am wondering, how many of these obnoxious laws have been lying fallow in the Ghanaian constitution that are just begining to emerge all of a sudden.
Obviously, Ghanaians are begining to have an exaggerated sense of their importance to others; you lots should not forget, Ghana is still a third world country just like Nigera, there is still gargantuan corruption in Ghana just like in the case of your big brother, Ghanaians should always remember that!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 7:58am On Jul 08, 2012
rhymz: Even though you sound way better and mature than than your brothers here on NL that have been busy giving us reasons to realy hate Ghanaians with their ignorant boasting, however, I think some times Ghanaians make statements that seem to either exaggerate or downplay certain realities in Ghana. May be it has to do with attitudinal difference between Nigerians and Ghana; the former will damn common sense and courtesy and say his father's prick is small even in the presense of strangers while the latter will ignore or downplay the small size of his father's pr!ck and instead, laugh and make jest of the former's unrestrained and tactless statements even though in reality, they both have small pr!cks.
You are so quick to talk about Nigeria not having a working legislature, yet "the almighty Ghana legislature" sat down and actually deliberated on an obnoxious law that defiles common sense, a law that seems to suggest that an average Ghanaian does not have the wherewithal or ability to compete in a free market.
A law that makes very unrealistic demands from non-Ghanaians, all in a bid to force them out. Your system has checks and balances yet a law that existed since 1994 was not implemented until recently, why the long wait, now when non-Ghanaians are begining to make a living from a sector that an average Ghanaian probably overlooked, envy.
Your legislature is working like you claim yet they allowed Ghana to be signatories to the ECOWAS free trade agreement knowing fully well that there already exist laws in the Ghanaian constitution that frowns at foreigners doing unrestricticted business-whether formal or informal-in Ghana.
And by the way, what do you mean by illegal business?
These are business men that came to Ghana, rented space and shops legitimately from Ghanaians who knew about the GIPC laws and also knew that these foreigners were going to start doing business in these shops and spaces, yet you call them illegal?
Are they supposed to know about the GIPC Law coming from their own countries or the Ghanaian authorities are supposed to have prevented them in the first place citing the redundant GIPC laws as the recourse of their actions.
It seems to me the Ghanaian authorities arbitrarily wield their constitutional powers out of envy and jealousy for the successes of these foreigners have achieved in sectors where an average Ghanaian has failed or overlooked.
Just out of curiosity, did your "perfect legislature" also passed a high tarrif law on Nigeria's movies and restricted Nigerian actors from shooting in Ghana or featuring in Ghanaian movies. I heard they also have been asked to pay certain fees in dollars as well to scale any restrictions. I am wondering, how many of these obnoxious laws have been lying fallow in the Ghanaian constitution that are just begining to emerge all of a sudden.
Obviously, Ghanaians are begining to have an exaggerated sense of their importance to others; you lots should not forget, Ghana is still a third world country just like Nigera, there is still gargantuan corruption in Ghana just like in the case of your big brother, Ghanaians should always remember that!
Ghana is MUCH better than nigeria
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by rhymz(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana is MUCH better than nigeria
Ghana is much better than Nigeria in relative terms. The reality is this; just like Nigeria, Ghana is still very much struggling with everything Nigeria is struggling with, from corruption, lack of infrastructural development, a developed economy to even insecurity but in the case of Nigeria, it is much more bigger and pronounced. The reasons are obvious.
One thing I have found out with many Ghanaians is the fact that they like to be in denial, they will rather blindly follow popular government opinion or policy than scrutinize the usefulness of the policy. For instance, if all these foreigners are driven away from their businesses and shops, who is going to rent those shops and occupy these spaces?
How many Ghanaian business men will go to the length these traders go to get these goods to Ghana.
How many Ghanaian business people even have the financial wherewithal and knowledge of the intricacies of bringing and trading in these goods and services.
Thesame Ghanaians that could not fill in this space and rent this shops will be the ones to take up these shops? No?
They seem to act like they don't have any gains from these foreign occupants. It is a very dangerous trend for everyone to have such unison in thoughts such trend breeds mediocrity and laziness to think out of the box.
One thing you can't take away from Nigerians is their ability to tell themselves the truth and disagree when the need arises but with Ghanaians, it is a one-way street, charly-charly things. Nigerians must be forced out, they are corrupt bastard, all of them are criminals, fraudulents and are the reasons Ghana is having problems in these areas. You all should stop this herd mentality and criticize constructively and purposefully too. Demand for better ways to solve Ghana's economic problems than support a move that seeks to collect the business from foreigners and give it to Ghanaians. If the claims of economic gains are not trickling down to the common people of Ghana, Ghanaians should demand it from their government, they should ask for empowerment from their government to help them compete.
And let me correct an impression here, there is a big difference between the emigration to Ghana and say to a place like US and Uk, while in the former it is mostly for business, education and professiona work transfer, in the latter it is purely mostly for economic reasons(better opportunities) and education.
Very few Nigerians will leave the country to Ghana for the sole aim of getting a better life or for greener pastures as they say, e never reach like that. All the people I know that stay in places like Ghana are there purely for business and market expansion. Fact is that even if Nigeria becomes better than US today, you will still find Nigerians in other west African countries, this is common sense; to expand opportunitie in business, find an untapped market and so on. . The motive is purely driven by such these reasons and not because Ghana has turned Eldorado and Nigeria has become Hellfire.
Go to Onitsha alone and see the sheer volume of business that goes on there, you will agree with me that Ghana is an untapped market, not to talk of Lagos, Aba, Kano, Kaduna, Nnewi markets. .
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Zutchy: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana is MUCH better than nigeria
BIG FAT LIE.you should be ashamed of yourself,comparing a country the size of Ghana with Nigeria,that's like comparing Cuba with the U.S or comparing Georgia or Chechnya with Russia.pls there are no basis for comparison,considering how small Ghana is,it should have gone farther than where they are now,one of Nigeria's major problem is its size and ethnic diversity,which has led to disunity,this is what is dragging the country back.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by PhysicsQED(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim: I was trolling while giving a serious history lesson... Once again, they were apprehensive of Akan allies joining with Oyo AND Dahomey... Which is exactly what happened... 6 vs 1.. I should be charging for this lesson

You're a dumbass and a fake scholar.

They went out and attacked Dahomey (to defeat the Akan allies' new external ally as a preemptive move) and lost and were apprehensive of getting revenge on Dahomey at that particular time afterward out of fear of Oyo. That's the apprehension I was referring to and it's the reality. If you weren't too lazy to actually try and find out about this stuff, there would never have been serious disagreement about this to begin with. You foolishly thought that the apprehension about Oyo that I was referring to was apprehension over a potential alliance with the Akan allies because you don't know anything to begin with.

Just keep your delusions to yourself, and stop trying to force them on people who already know better and have actually bothered to read up on this stuff.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates Across Forex Market / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar Wedding Dinner In Abuja (Photos) / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.