Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,168 members, 7,919,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 01:23 PM

Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (21813 Views)

Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Bella3(f): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2012
Delafruita:

the catholics compiled the Bible.that is a fact.
the rosary was invented in 1090 AD

the doctrine of purgatory came into existence in 1428AD at a time the church was seeking to raise funds to wage warrs of conquest.

the doctrine of trinity came from constanstine who proclaimed "houinoosios" meaning "of one essence".a philosophy he got from plato

there is actually evidence for easter celebration in the Bible.Jesus said "do this in remembrance of me" and since then the apostles and early christians observed the day of his ressurection which fell on 14th day of Nisan.however,the catholics decided to rather celebrate the death rather than the resurrection and brought it to 12th day of Nisan.

i wonder why you cant take a few minutes to do some reading.just arguing baselessly.even a f.ool knows the catholics compiled the Bible and did so selectively.the catholics werent perfect,infact they were far from perfect.Popes had wives,concubines and even committed incest.they waged wars and demanded huge amounts for short stay in purgatory and limbo,but the fact is they created christianity and made it what it is.
hw did the create christainity? By compling the bible? Mumu bolo
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Delafruita(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
you cant just attempt to disprove a fact without any fact.king james had the bible translated to english in 1611 AD.so in your wisdom,you assume there was noBible for 1611 years.the Bible was compiled at the councilof nicea in 325 AD.there was already a compiled old testament as far back as 250 AD.constantine brought together 318 bishops to settle the rift among the "co-mediatrix" group and the others and offered to make christianity the state religion if they could compile a holy book and settle the discord.

history records that constantine was converted by followers of pa/l's doctrine and though he gave up mithreism,he still adapted a lot of its practices such as december 25 and trinity.he had over 300 different books that differed from paul's teachings burnt.other books were edited most famous been the description of the raising of lazarus by Mark because according to the Bishops "it described a mystery cult".thats why there's no account of lazarus been raised in mark.

if you wanna make a point or disprove a point,make sure you have the facts.james was influential to christianity because he had the bible translated to english and allowed it to be mass produced.but he didnt compile it
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Delafruita(m): 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
Bélla3: hw did the create christainity? By compling the bible? Mumu bolo
did you really need to resort to insults?anyways whether you accept it or not,Jesus might have founded christianity,but the catholics created their own version which unfortunately is the most widespread
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Princewell2012(m): 1:57am On Jul 08, 2012
WW
seun_adeolu: YOU ARE A PERFECT "JONKI" grin grin grin
sorry we are not talking of the finacial blessing u achieve from it, or the billions of people worshiping as a chatolics, but we are talking about the salvation of man. The bible scrictly warn us concerning idol worshiping, he said in the book of deutronomychpter5 vervse6 to 11: you shall not worship any other gods beside me, weather they are in heaven or on the earth or under the earth, or whatever that looks like anything in veaven or under the heaven, be.it anything, you shall not bowdown to them or serve them.if you like you take it or leave it, chatorlics are worshiping idol, they are are an idol worshipers, somebody said they wrote the bible, I did not agree with that, if they trully wrote or compiled the bible, they would have remove that very chapter fromthe bible, that kicks against them ,because they would not like to contracdict themselves
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Princewell2012(m): 2:49am On Jul 08, 2012
hillsate: What is this hailing Mary all about. Mary was a common human like me who was favoured to be a channel of the saviour's birth. She did not earn that position, but was only favoured. Anybody could have been that channel. There was nothing special about that. Hailing Mary is simply idolatory. Why didnt Jesus even mention Mary to help him while on the cross?

Secondly, there may be nothing wrong in using the rosary as a means ''guiding'' you through some prayers (if you really call that prayer). Two issues arise from here.
1. Hail Mary is not a prayer. Mary has no relevance in our salvation and our relationship with God. Did even Peter or apostle Paul make any significant mention of Mary? No!!! It simply idolatory and not scriptural
2. Why must the rosary be made in certain quarters if truly it is only a ''guide''. I even wonder where that places the Holy Spirit.
you are contracdicting yourself, you said there is notting wrong in.using the rosery as a guild, then what happen to the holy spirit? What is the role of the holy spirit?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by ramalot(m): 5:29am On Jul 08, 2012
smiley
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by hillsate: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
Princewell2012: you are contracdicting yourself, you said there is notting wrong in.using the rosery as a guild, then what happen to the holy spirit? What is the role of the holy spirit?

Guy, I am not CONTRACDICTING myself about the ROSERY.
Please read my post again.
The rosary is used by Catholics to help them in repetition. Why would you need to keep repeating the same words over and over. is God deaf or daft?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ptolomeus(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
ijawkid:
Why can't we find d words trinity,purgatory,rosary,easter etc in d original texts of d scriptures??

Why??

Dear friend:
It is absolutely impossible that the Bible mentions such concepts as "purgatory" or "trinity", as these concepts were agreed upon in various councils, held cient years of years after the death of Jesus.
That is, that neither the Bible nor Jesus ever spoke of trinity or purgatory.
These inventions of bishops, who ruled the Catholic Church since the year 300.
My respects.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Chidiphilip(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2012
It is absolute clear to me that the writer doesn't understand the catholic faith. I remember saying this somewhere else and i am repeating it again THE CATHOLIC DOESN'T WORSHIP IMAGES..those images and picture are not even JESUS christ cos no one has ever seen JESUS in this generation and those who saw HIM in the past didn't leave a picture of HIM for us. The present picture we are using now is just to stir up the believers and give them a reminder of JESUS: HIS LIFE AND DEATH. FINALLY, it is not everything God does that we are aware of...they are certain UNBELIEVABLE stuffs HE does for us that we are NEVER aware of. What is wrong asking the mother of God to intercede on our behalf? Well,it wil be too long if i continue so i wil rather stop here wit a warning from the bible "BE CAREFUL WIT THE WORDS THAT COMES OUT OF UR MOUTH COS U WIL BE JUDGED BY IT"
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by peterugoobi(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2012
In my own opinion i would say you don't understand the power of intersection. Jesus christ is Lord and redeemer, but mother mary, even saints have the power to interscede on our behalf. Miracles rarely happen but they do happen and l just experienced one lately. Pick up a copy of Glories of mary by alponsun ligori and read about true life act of mary in the life of people. I know this division exist in the catholic church but for you to break away; well is you choice. Some have disposition to mary eg st simon stock, alposus ligori some have disposition to jesus eg st fransis of assis, padre pio some have disposition to the trinity eg st teresaof avila and sent john of the cross. Miracles do happen through mary and i experienced on lately
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by alexleo(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2012
ijawkid:
$

Question is d catholics compiled a book that prohibits or says nothing about d rosary..

It means something is wrong

Thanks for this. They are claiming what they are ignorant of. Nonsense rosary.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by alexleo(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks a lot frosbel. You received genuine salvation. May God continue to draw you closer to him. Amen.
does it mean that the charismatic prays the rosary? I ve heard them preach the real message of salvation and think they dont. I may be wrong though.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2012
[/quote]does it mean that the charismatic prays the rosary? I ve heard them preach the real message of salvation and think they dont. I may be wrong though. [quote]

You really make me laugh.You are asking if the charismatics pray the rosary.That is a really funny question.FYI every catholic beleives and pray the rosary.Almost every catholic activity including the charismatic fellowiships begin with the rosary.

You may need to read the apostles and the nicene creeds to see that every catholic beleives in the veneration of saints which is the fundamental principle behind the rosary
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Joeiordye: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2013
Religious arguements everywhere. I was born by catholic parents and brought up likewise. I do not accept all catholic docterines but i condmn no one. I also attend pentecostal churches. Whatever u choose to believe in is solely ur business, claim right as far as u want. I am convinced dat d person who wrote this, must have written worse things about pentecostals as a catholic. Religious fundamentalism. U r either born wit it or u turn urself into one.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Dagods(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
4 There is only one lawgiver&judge,d one who is able 2 save & 2 destroy,but u,who r u 2 judge ur neighbour?(james 4;12).pls lets not argue a lot over dis,@Goshen360 r u dere? abeg no fall my hand, put mouth now.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
praying with the rosary is Pagan , period !!

How on earth did the Catholics invent this pagan worship , since Jesus never prayed with , or asked his followers to , pray with a rosary.

2 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by truthislight: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Joeiordye: Religious arguements everywhere. I was born by catholic parents and brought up likewise. I do not accept all catholic docterines but i condmn no one. I also attend pentecostal churches. Whatever u choose to believe in is solely ur business, claim right as far as u want. I am convinced dat d person who wrote this, must have written worse things about pentecostals as a catholic. Religious fundamentalism. U r either born wit it or u turn urself into one.

what next will you turn into? Atheist? wink
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by plappville(f): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2013
ijawkid:

The cartholics didn't write d bible did they??
The apostles and prophets of old did so dnt give me that crap...

How would some people write up a book that is against there beliefs??
Does it make sense??

Then why compile d book in d 1st place....

Why can't we find d words trinity,purgatory,rosary,easter etc in d original texts of d scriptures??

Why??

if they compiled d bible then mayb they made some mistakes not to add words that wuld support there pagan practices today.....

[size=16pt]Gbam gbam and gbam...finish matter! cool[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by plappville(f): 12:24am On Jan 31, 2013
hillsate:

Guy, I am not CONTRACDICTING myself about the ROSERY.
Please read my post again.
The rosary is used by Catholics to help them in repetition. Why would you need to keep repeating the same words over and over. is God deaf or daft?

grin grin grin
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by plappville(f): 12:29am On Jan 31, 2013
Pacify: Because you do not believe in all the trash you wrote does not mean everyone must follow suit. And because of your lack of faith and disparity, you have not been endowed with the blessings of praying the rosary. If you must know, the CAtholic church still remains the single, most populated religion in the whole world with an estimated ONE BILLION people so as far as the Church is concerned, you are just an insignificant few. And as for the rosary that you ignorantly spoke about, I as a person, has been blessed beyond compare from praying the rosary. I don't have to defend God or fight you over your ignorance, but one thing I must tell you is that neither the Bible, Rosary nor even Jesus Christ can heal you or grant you your heart request if you have no faith. I pray the rosary and I can categorically tell you that I have received EVERY SINGLE THING I ever prayed for through it.

Luke 12:32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Joeiordye: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2013
truthislight:

what next will you turn into? Atheist? wink
Yeah! If that would save me from being narrow minded and thinking i'm the only 'right man' in the world.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by truthislight: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2013
Joeiordye:
Yeah! If that would save me from being narrow minded and thinking i'm the only 'right man' in the world.

yea!

That sounds familiar.

We have so many of them that fed from the same source you were fed from that ended up that way.

1. Logic boy.
2. Calloti
to mention just two.

We are what we eat some times you know?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Anyigala(m): 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Frosbel your hatred for anything Catholic has turned to obsession and you keep digging up all kinds of silly and frankly, weak articles and videos to bash Catholic Church. Every week you will write or dig up one useless article to attack Catholic Church. When you get hammered, you open up another tread. I try as much as possible to ignore your treads but I cannot help it when you deceive so many people that know very little about the topic.

The Rosary is Biblical and from this article, it’s obvious to me that the person that wrote it wasted 20 years of his or her life calling himself a Catholic without a slightest clue of what the Church teaches. It amazes me how people will call themselves Catholic and know nothing about their faith and once they leave the Church, they claim to know everything about the Church. The first part of the rosary is straight from Luke’s gospel, (How Angel Gabriel greeted Mary), the second part continued with how Elizabeth greeted her when she visited her. “Pray of us sinner now and at the hour of our death”, we ask her to pray for us because we believe in intercessory prayer. We believe that the saints and mother of God is in Heaven and she can take our petitions to Jesus, just like she interceded on behalf of the couple in Canaan during the wedding feast. The most important part of the Rosary is also the Mysteries: Joyful- birth and childhood of Jesus Christ, Sorrowful – His passion (agony and death), Glorious - His resurrection, ascension, descending of Holy Spirit and Assumption of Mary and finally, the Luminous - From Baptism of Christ, His 1st Miracle, last Supper and so on. While reciting the rosary, you are meant to mediate on these mysteries of our Lord Jesus Christ. The essence of the rosary is to help you mediate in these important events in the life of Jesus and our salvation. To pray the rosary properly is to not only to read the Bible but to also immense yourself in the life Christ and His mother.

The Mass is full of Bible, every Sunday we have 3 readings, 2 from NT and 1 from OT, together with Psalms. Daily Mass has two readings from the Bible and psalms to go with it. Half of the Eucharistic prayer is straight from the Bible; the responses from the congregation are from Bible. A typical Easter vigil mass has no less than 6 readings from both OT and NT. Catholic Church = Bible!

If Catholic Church has been deceiving billions of people of the last 2000, how come all Christians still use the Bible they compiled? If you all are convinced that Catholic Church is evil and not Christian, the logical thing to do is to do away with anything associated with Catholic Church that includes the Bible. And for the person that said that King James compiled the Bible, you must be kidding! Really, so the Bible is 600yrs old then? KJV wasn’t even the first English Bible; John Wycliffe achieved that in 1380 AD, 150 before the reformation.

Jesus did not write on single word down, and he did not instruct anyone to write a book. The Old Testament was there and that was what he and the apostles read from. He did ask his disciples to do certain things in memory of Him and to spread the good news to the ends of the earth. That Church He promised to build upon the Rock (Peter) is still as strong as ever, 2000 years and counting. The Church that Roman Empire, Barbarians, Communist Russia and so many other powerful empires couldn’t defeat, the Church (Body of Christ) that has seen off countless heresies. Christ promised that the gates of Hades will NOT overcome His Church and He doesn’t lie!

The Church has presence all over the world, teaching, educating and saving souls. The Church decided which books should be included in the Bible and what shouldn’t out of so many books and letters circulating in the 1st and 2nd century. (The Church existed before Bible and not the other way round). The Church fought and defended the integrity of the Bible from all sorts of heresies. For more than 1000 years before the 1st printing press, Christians rely on the Church to read and teach them the word of God because it would cost equivalent of 10 years wages to buy one Bible. Your “I am Bible believing, I only follow the Scripture” rants would have been useless and unattainable 1300 years ago because could not afford a Bible then, if even if you could, you probably would not be able to read.

I am a devout unapologetic Catholic Bible-believing, Charismatic, Rosary-praying Christian. Deeply in Love with God The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and not forgetting Mother Mary. Her fiat to God made all the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by truthislight: 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
Anyigala: Frosbel your hatred for anything Catholic has turned to obsession and you keep digging up all kinds of silly and frankly, weak articles and videos to bash Catholic Church. Every week you will write or dig up one useless article to attack Catholic Church. When you get hammered, you open up another tread. I try as much as possible to ignore your treads but I cannot help it when you deceive so many people that know very little about the topic.

The Rosary is Biblical and from this article, it’s obvious to me that the person that wrote it wasted 20 years of his or her life calling himself a Catholic without a slightest clue of what the Church teaches. It amazes me how people will call themselves Catholic and know nothing about their faith and once they leave the Church, they claim to know everything about the Church. The first part of the rosary is straight from Luke’s gospel, (How Angel Gabriel greeted Mary), the second part continued with how Elizabeth greeted her when she visited her. “Pray of us sinner now and at the hour of our death”, we ask her to pray for us because we believe in intercessory prayer. We believe that the saints and mother of God is in Heaven and she can take our petitions to Jesus, just like she interceded on behalf of the couple in Canaan during the wedding feast. The most important part of the Rosary is also the Mysteries: Joyful- birth and childhood of Jesus Christ, Sorrowful – His passion (agony and death), Glorious - His resurrection, ascension, descending of Holy Spirit and Assumption of Mary and finally, the Luminous - From Baptism of Christ, His 1st Miracle, last Supper and so on. While reciting the rosary, you are meant to mediate on these mysteries of our Lord Jesus Christ. The essence of the rosary is to help you mediate in these important events in the life of Jesus and our salvation. To pray the rosary properly is to not only to read the Bible but to also immense yourself in the life Christ and His mother.

The Mass is full of Bible, every Sunday we have 3 readings, 2 from NT and 1 from OT, together with Psalms. Daily Mass has two readings from the Bible and psalms to go with it. Half of the Eucharistic prayer is straight from the Bible; the responses from the congregation are from Bible. A typical Easter vigil mass has no less than 6 readings from both OT and NT. Catholic Church = Bible!

If Catholic Church has been deceiving billions of people of the last 2000, how come all Christians still use the Bible they compiled? If you all are convinced that Catholic Church is evil and not Christian, the logical thing to do is to do away with anything associated with Catholic Church that includes the Bible. And for the person that said that King James compiled the Bible, you must be kidding! Really, so the Bible is 600yrs old then? KJV wasn’t even the first English Bible; John Wycliffe achieved that in 1380 AD, 150 before the reformation.

Jesus did not write on single word down, and he did not instruct anyone to write a book. The Old Testament was there and that was what he and the apostles read from. He did ask his disciples to do certain things in memory of Him and to spread the good news to the ends of the earth. That Church He promised to build upon the Rock (Peter) is still as strong as ever, 2000 years and counting. The Church that Roman Empire, Barbarians, Communist Russia and so many other powerful empires couldn’t defeat, the Church (Body of Christ) that has seen off countless heresies. Christ promised that the gates of Hades will NOT overcome His Church and He doesn’t lie!

The Church has presence all over the world, teaching, educating and saving souls. The Church decided which books should be included in the Bible and what shouldn’t out of so many books and letters circulating in the 1st and 2nd century. (The Church existed before Bible and not the other way round). The Church fought and defended the integrity of the Bible from all sorts of heresies. For more than 1000 years before the 1st printing press, Christians rely on the Church to read and teach them the word of God because it would cost equivalent of 10 years wages to buy one Bible. Your “I am Bible believing, I only follow the Scripture” rants would have been useless and unattainable 1300 years ago because could not afford a Bible then, if even if you could, you probably would not be able to read.

I am a devout unapologetic Catholic Bible-believing, Charismatic, Rosary-praying Christian. Deeply in Love with God The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and not forgetting Mother Mary. Her fiat to God made all the difference.

are you "christian" or "Jewish?

1. Who gave the directive for such rosary worship? Do you just decide for yourselves how to worship God?

2. Your bible statement is erroniouse.
Should we abandon christianity because those claiming christianity today have gone astray? No, the right way is there in the bible still.

Should we abandon the bible because you have gone off on a tangent off the bible? No.

All men will answer for himself.

Your claim to have a link with those that brought the epistle of christ apostles together does not make the bible your own.

This are the epistles of christ apostles through the holy spirit meant for christ followers, that you deviate does not mean that RCC deviation is cause by the bible.

The bible still remain for all followers of christ since it was meant for them, infact, it was meant for all of mankind.

3. The head of the christian congregation is christ and not peter.

Sticking to the instruction of the apostles is the right way to follow christ, therein lies the christian manuals.

How proud are you for the numbers of your fellow RCC members that have turned atheist?

That ^ i think is an indicator to what end RCC is taking people to with the obvious deviation from the instruction for christians in the NT.

Following the bible is safer considering that the gate is narrow.
Dont you think so?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:52am On Feb 01, 2013
alexleo: Thanks a lot frosbel. You received genuine salvation. May God continue to draw you closer to him. Amen.
does it mean that the charismatic prays the rosary? I ve heard them preach the real message of salvation and think they dont. I may be wrong though.
rosary is just a form of meditative prayer if u know how to say it, it has a distinct christological character for those who are meditative. It is a form of meditative prayer, not d only form. It is popular but not compulsory. All d charismatics i know are heavy rosorian. Most of them alway carry a rosary in their person and with concentration can pray it anywhere.
But as i said b4 it is popular but not compulsory, i also have a friend who cant pray the rosary, he cant concentrate on it so he prays d devine office instead.
The message u hear d charismatics preach is d same message d catholic church preaches. The charismatics are a ministry within d church.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:55am On Feb 01, 2013
frosbel: praying with the rosary is Pagan , period !!

How on earth did the Catholics invent this pagan worship , since Jesus never prayed with , or asked his followers to , pray with a rosary.
i cant find a passage of d bible dat condemn holding a string of beads while praying. Are u now making ur own laws?

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:17am On Feb 01, 2013
truthislight:
are you "christian" or "Jewish?
1. Who gave the directive for such rosary worship? Do you just decide for yourselves how to worship God?
first of all what do u mean by rosary worship? Does ur pastor worship d microphone becos he preaches with it?

2. Your bible statement is erroniouse.
Should we abandon christianity because those claiming christianity today have gone astray? No, the right way is there in the bible still.
Should we abandon the bible because you have gone off on a tangent off the bible? No.
All men will answer for himself.
Your claim to have a link with those that brought the epistle of christ apostles together does not make the bible your own.
This are the epistles of christ apostles through the holy spirit meant for christ followers, that you deviate does not mean that RCC deviation is cause by the bible.
The bible still remain for all followers of christ since it was meant for them, infact, it was meant for all of mankind.
hahaha, they compiled d bible with d help of d holyspirit yet u dont think dat same holyspirit will help them interprete it abi?
One till u protestants fail to notice is dat xtianity didnt die off with d death of d apostles and start off again with matin luther. The church has been there all along down to our present age.
U claim i went off on a tangent, i think dose words shuld be refered to u. So we end up argueing, yet u claim some allknowingness dat make me wrong abi?
3. The head of the christian congregation is christ and not peter.
and christ appointed human sherpherd to lead and serve dat congregation among those men is peter.

Sticking to the instruction of the apostles is the right way to follow christ, therein lies the christian manuals.
How proud are you for the numbers of your fellow RCC members that have turned atheist?
That ^ i think is an indicator to what end RCC is taking people to with the obvious deviation from the instruction for christians in the NT.
this is a joke! Do u know how many protestant pastors have turned and are turning atheist? Lets leave d congregation, do u know how many pastor's are becoming atheist? I'm very sure u are unaware abt d tends of d present world. U are talking of individuals i'm talking pastors who may as well carry their congregation along with them to atheism. That shuld terrify u.
Following the bible is safer considering that the gate is narrow.
Dont you think so?
and d church compiled d nt. Wow!

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:20am On Feb 01, 2013
EMILO2STAY: @pacify.
If u cant defend the rosary with any scriptural backing then shut up! u are the ignorant one. The catholic having more than 1bilion members does not make it a true church afteral the bible says that false christ and prophets shall arise and decieve MANY.
and did d article attack with scriptural backing?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:35am On Feb 01, 2013
ijawkid:
$

Question is d catholics compiled a book that prohibits or says nothing about d rosary..

It means something is wrong
wow, i see rosary whenever i open d bible, infact i open my bible at time in order to say rosary. All d aim of d rosary is to meditate on d life of christ.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:39am On Feb 01, 2013
ijawkid:

The cartholics didn't write d bible did they??
The apostles and prophets of old did so dnt give me that crap...

How would some people write up a book that is against there beliefs??
Does it make sense??

Then why compile d book in d 1st place....

Why??

if they compiled d bible then mayb they made some mistakes not to add words that wuld support there pagan practices today.....
they didnt need to add anything, it wasnt neccesary, those words were formed to state in one word what the xtians believed. They didnt need to add it.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:10am On Feb 01, 2013
hailing mary is about lk 1: 48b for behold from henceforth all generations will call me blessed the rosary fulfils dat prophesy.
hillsate: What is this hailing Mary all about. Mary was a common human like me who was favoured to be a channel of the saviour's birth. She did not earn that position, but was only favoured.
amen. She was favoured, it wasnt earned and blessed is he whom d lord favours. She was human correct, just extremely favoured.
Anybody could have been that channel.
not true, God doesnt act abitraryly, not just anybody but a particular person a virgin.
There was nothing special about that. Hailing Mary is simply idolatory. Why didnt Jesus even mention Mary to help him while on the cross?
did Jesus even call his father to help him on d cross? No instead he said eli, eli, lama sabatani, he didnt need mary to help him on d cross. Mary had another role to play and he said it on d cross. John 19:26 and her job was to be a mother to d beloved disciple. A role she plays.
Secondly, there may be nothing wrong in using the rosary as a means ''guiding'' you through some prayers (if you really call that prayer). Two issues arise from here.
1. Hail Mary is not a prayer. Mary has no relevance in our salvation and our relationship with God. Did even Peter or apostle Paul make any significant mention of Mary? No!!! It simply idolatory and not scriptural
first of all what do u understand by the word "pray". And where did u here mary is totally insignificant in ur salvation? Did Jesus fall from heaven to redeem u? So actually he "let it be" (fiat) make a real significance in ur salvation and at least paul remember to tell us that christ was "born of a woman" and all d mention peter needed to make, mark helped him make. What is idolatrous there? Or have u redefined d word idolatry?
2. Why must the rosary be made in certain quarters if truly it is only a ''guide''. I even wonder where that places the Holy Spirit.
what do u mean by the bolded? Sorry d rosary is not made in certain quarters, there was a time in my life when i made rosaries, except d chain and diamond rosaries dat are hard to make. The rosary isnt made in "certain quarters" i have made many and i know people who still make many. It is used for counting and doesnt replace d guidiance of d holyspirit at all. Infact befor every rosary prayer u invite d holyspirit.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:12am On Feb 01, 2013
Delafruita:
that is becausse the rosary was invented by peter the hermit in 1090 AD and he claimed to have received it from Mary.pope augustine accepted it and ordered its use in prayer
it preceeded peter d hermit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atta-Mills’ Son Visits TB Joshua In Nigeria / Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com / Photos From The Burial Of Father Paul Offu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.