Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,719 members, 7,969,098 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:28 PM

Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? (3961 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / Obama's Media Team Responsible For APC's "CHANGE" Campaign - Washington FB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by olumight82(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2007
u see, no one is free from this issue, unless and untill we seek for Gog intervention angry
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by skipo87(m): 2:02am On Dec 13, 2007
i think the decay is from the older generation, they were there, there are still there and don't want to leave, i mean the older generation that have been into poitics. , they've enjoyed everything, used up everything and left reminants for we younger generations, ppl like , (we know them) are too old. they shouldnt have had the chance in the first place, the old #@$* are there running things with their brains that can't comprehend stuffs, i think we need younger ppl at the positions,
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by joshjosh(m): 2:41am On Dec 16, 2007
Nigerians are generally good at speaking grammar and telling untruth. now we have graduated to telling ourselves more lies. this is where our wahala is. we enjoy deception as a lifestyle.

i have always said if we swapped places with countries like USA and the UK it would only take Nigerians at most 5 yrs to ruin these places and start looking for visas to the place they ran away from. we don't plan for long term as a people so how are we going to maintain the lovely environment we inherit. by the times the thieves steal all the wealth here and send them to private bank account in old Nigeria how do you guys survive?

and o by the way, are we bringing our lovely police and nepa people along too? God help us there is great use of energy here because of short daylight and cold.

i hear someone talking about what the various tribes would do when they arrive. the question should be what the various tribes here have done so far.

i don't have figures for north America but i guess it wont be different from what we have in Europe. Nigerians are the highest number of prisoners in any European jail and that is not counting the large numbers masquerading themselves as Sierra Leonians, Liberians, Cameroonians, Congolese and Ghanian's.

God has blessed us as a people but there is something in our psyche that just think it is normal to get what you are not entitled to or work for.

some of you complain about the military as if the uniform is your problem. everything you have working in Nigeria today were all done by the military. the hospitals, schools, water and even the bad nepa. all the Nigerian complaining during the buhari/idiagbon regime about being asked to queue up for things are better now for not waiting for their turn. the fact of the matter is that the nation is full of very undisciplined people and i think there is something in the general populace that love disorder because it is the only environment that allows them commit the abominations they don't like the result.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by willy4: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2008
Soundmind:

We are all responsible for what we are passing through today. No one is exempted even me, my parents and relatives.
Fulani/Hausa Northern and their ally in Looting Yoruba Politicians are responsible for the decay and woes of this country.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by almondjoy(f): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2008
willy*2:

Fulani/Hausa Northern and their ally in Looting Yoruba Politicians are responsible for the decay and woes of this country.

I agree!  The Arewa-Oduduwa rotational corruption treaty!  With guns to the rest of the "Nigerian heads"!  Then they indoctrinate and coerce the gullible East and South with carrrots and hang them after doing all the dirty work for them.

I will maintain this belief to ma grave, because looking at history. . . . .you can't deny it unless you are a coward or a "daft".  With the clandestine alliance between those 2 groups. . . . .Nigeria will NEVER progress. 

We can smile at each other from here to tomorrow on Nairaland and Nigeria or even the diaspora.  We are not deceiving anyone but ourselves!  THAT IS THE DAMN TRUTH! kiss Even "agape" cannot help this matter. One day is one day. Monkey will go to the market and shall never return!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Blatant: 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2008
I am beginning to get sick and tired of people who have nothing else on their minds but references to tribal affiliations. THESE SAME PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS QUICK TO BOW TO THE WHITE MAN sad

Can we not just discuss issues without unnecessary diversions? I am not saying there should be no mention od tribal affiliations but we should bettress our points and not throw tribal sentiments at every issue without thinking.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons we are unable to progress: an unwillingness to realise that there is a time for everything and there is a place for everything!
It is unwise to throw baseless remarks when people are having a sensible discussion or debate.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by almondjoy(f): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2008
Unless you realize that Nigeria's problems stem from "tribalistic" frameworks, we can never move an inch!  Like it or not!  We can only deceive ourselves for so long.  Unless you are in the "ruling" class, you can see everything wrong in what the "forefathers" have done. . . .since you benefit immensely from the whole unjust set up----you will always be blind to the facts. . .till your own children die and suffer for the sins of others,

Perpetrators never feel any guilt till the tables are turned and they become the victims!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by willy4: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2008
Fulani/Hausa and their collaborators in looting Yoruba Politicians are responsible for the down fall of this country.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by bawomolo(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2008
The Arewa-Oduduwa rotational corruption treaty!

bullcrap, when was this treaty signed. wasn't alex ekwueme VP at some point. wasn't aguyi ironsi a millitary rule. wasn't Nnamdi Azikwe a president. haven't igbo's like nzeribe or okadigbo had the senate president seat. the three major groups are well represented in power. the people that are really marginalized are the minor ethnic groups. it's a myth that the hausa's control the power. southerners have had power but have done nothing with it. there are many examples such as igbenideon or iwu to go around. it's the mentality of nigerians that is messed up, not our ethnic makeup.

Unless you realize that Nigeria's problems stem from "tribalistic" frameworks

tribalisms problems mainly rose due to the "coalition" governments of the 60's. the political parties aroused tribalist sentiments to get votes.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by bawomolo(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2008
Fulani/Hausa and their collaborators in looting Yoruba Politicians are responsible for the down fall of this country.

great, nigerians love to play the blame game.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by almondjoy(f): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2008
bawomolo:

bullcrap, when was this treaty signed. wasn't alex ekwueme[b] VP [/b] at some point. wasn't aguyi ironsi a millitary rule. wasn't Nnamdi Azikwe a president. haven't igbo's like nzeribe or okadigbo had the senate president seat. the three major groups are well represented in power. the people that are really marginalized are the minor ethnic groups. it's a myth that the hausa's control the power. southerners have had power but have done nothing with it. there are many examples such as igbenideon or iwu to go around. it's the mentality of nigerians that is messed up, not our ethnic makeup.

tribalisms problems mainly rose due to the "coalition" governments of the 60's. the political parties aroused tribalist sentiments to get votes.

Just like Atiku was "figure head" VP! Why don't you try taking the senate presidency and the VP slot so a southerner or Easterner can smell the presidency and see how being an underdog without a gun to point at others feels. Senate president and VP my pinky finger.  Which three major groups?  Ironsi for 6 months out of 48 years. . killed out of office like they kill the rest of the Southerners and Easterners? cheesy Senate presidency?  Minority groups?  I am happy you know they are marginalized.  I wonder who is doing the marginalizing.  The minority groups?

You are right. . . the coalition government of the 60s. . . The Arewa-Oduduwa Looters Accord? he he he he he he.  You are really trying hard to find new labels for old problems.  Keep it up!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by bawomolo(m): 1:36am On Mar 11, 2008
You are right. . . the coalition government of the 60s. . . The Arewa-Oduduwa Looters Accord?

nnamdi azikwe's party with the NCNC and the north were the head of nigeria's first coalition government. AG with awolowo were the opposition. nnamdi azike wasn't was just a figurehead, he actually almost removed tafewa balewa in 1965 during a crisis. it's pretty fun how u are desperately trying to portray igbo's as saints in nigeria's political process. so nzeribe and okadigbo were powerless. we are all to blame
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:53am On Mar 11, 2008
Thank You Bawomolo, behind Abacha there were people from allover Nigeria looting along with him,
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by demex(m): 3:17am On Mar 11, 2008
nigeria is not decay, but baje
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 11, 2008
Nigerians themselves caused their own woes. . .na it be Hausa, Yoruba, or Igbo or the rest of them tribes in Nigeria, they all had sth to do with its corruptions, esp. its unsanitary system lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by mccloud224(m): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
Nigerians are responsible.No one else.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by MrCartha: 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
We are all responsible for 9jeria's decay, PERIOD!!! If not, how many of you their papa dem dey pay tax?! Abeg make I hear word o'jare!!!!!! angry
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by adubiay: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mr. Cartha:
We are all responsible for 9jeria's decay, PERIOD!!! If not, how many of you their papa dem dey pay tax?! Abeg make I hear word o'jare!!!!!! angry
How can u say we are all responsible.
hw did i contribute to.d problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1 Northerner Vs 99 Southerner = Nairaland Contribution / Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply / Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.