Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,198 members, 7,919,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 02:30 PM

Starting Web Programming(newbie) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting Web Programming(newbie) (754 Views)

Im A Wapka Newbie Pls Help Wapmasters / The Woork Handbook: Css, Html, Ajax, Web Programming, Mootools, Scriptaculous / Which Web Programming Language Are The Hardest & The Easiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting Web Programming(newbie) by worldbest(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hello.I have decided to leave software programming for web programming and i was wonderin if anybody can tell me with language is better,powerful and can perform a wider variety of task.If i decide to use php,do i need a strong understandin of html?What about coldfusion and java script?Another question is,after the initial codin of a site,how are those fancy interface done eg yahoo.Com,msn etc ?
Re: Starting Web Programming(newbie) by bakenda(m): 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
Of course.If you are going into web programming you need to have
some knowledge of web design:html,css-even if you are not going
to be doing the design yourself and regardless of the scripting language
you choose to use.
What scripting language? Since you have been involved in desktop
software programming,you are probably familiar with Microsoft's
suite of development tools,so migrating to ASP.NET should be a cinch.
It gives you a wide range of languages to choose from;C++,VB,C# etc.
However PHP is highly recommended,it is the most popular scripting
language on the WEB,it is widely and freely available and has a lot of
suppport.
Re: Starting Web Programming(newbie) by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Dec 06, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Request For Any Ebooks/tutorial And Its Yours / How Much Should I Charge / How Much Can I Charge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.