Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss (10928 Views)

Nigeria Automobile Sector To Contribute 4.5% Of 2016 Global Sales / How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? / "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by sashaa(f): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2012
chipmunkey: Although his success is phenomenal, he should not sound like what his accomplished is not achievable by someone else.
I know i travelled from school somewhere in Old Ondo state to Lagos at age 13. So i don't see anything special about his early struggles.
woa! I smell envy
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by sashaa(f): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2012
alaoeri: Every success story is sweet but they won't disclose the real turn around in their life.
i think so too
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2012
No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Kick Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by jaymyk(m): 10:36am On Jul 08, 2012
Really inspiring. But truely, life is not a bed of roses. And over 90% of the wealthy men you know now have at some point in their lives faced difficulties and challenges. Take a look at the likes of Dangote...etc
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by aryzgreat: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2012
if bluetooth is not banned for life after this silly comment on this inspiring thread, i will assume NL moderators are also tribalist
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by maigaskiya1: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2012
chipmunkey: Although his success is phenomenal, he should not sound like what his accomplished is not achievable by someone else.
I know i travelled from school somewhere in Old Ondo state to Lagos at age 13. So i don't see anything special about his early struggles.
if na yoruc man nw u go se a thousnd atribute.jealousy
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by mikolo80: 10:46am On Jul 08, 2012
etchel: too long to read the whole article. a summary will always do
BLACK MEN CANT READ
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by maigaskiya1: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2012
Ds yoruba pepl re simply pathetic imagne bluethot d soon of an amala eatng gboro farmg sayng rubish.u yorubas re d most tribalistic idiots in nija.wether u lyk it or nt ud ibos re greater dan d yorubas in nija.u kan hang if u dnt belev it

2 Likes

Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: The generation of Apprenticeship at 7 is gone, offer the youth of computer age better advise that is relevant in this age and time.

My guy your too much!I love your statement
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by OAM4J: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf: @OAM4J

I can see you are viewing this thread. I'm waiting patiently for you to ban bluetooth.

Just seeing this.

Haba! am not a super moderator now.

This is not my section, but will notify the supermod to look at it.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
mai gaskiya: Ds yoruba pepl re simply pathetic imagne bluethot d soon of an amala eatng gboro farmg sayng rubish.u yorubas re d most tribalistic idiots in nija.wether u lyk it or nt ud ibos re greater dan d yorubas in nija.u kan hang if u dnt belev it

And 2 mor*ons like this ? shocked pathetic idiots.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Abeskey: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
too long to read the whole article. a summary will always do

Learn to pay the price.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Rilikoko(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
Comments I disgust most reading on NL is "dis piece is too long,can sumone summarize"...even wen d piece is nt up to a page! Aaaarrgh!!
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by JerrCa(m): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
CosCharis has worked real hard for his money and God's grace located him well. For people like us who know him well, I can't stand and see people write evil of him. Work hard 4 ur own money ladies and gents and quit villifying successful people. With the level of poverty in Nigeria, Its high time we give thanks to the Almighty for the few jobs he creates for our people thru people like him who worked for their true success. These days, its easy for people to still millions with ballpoint than at gunpoint, and thats whats happenning in our govt.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Revolva(m): 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
Well that happened in the good old days of nigeria when the atmosphere was a little pleasant and not so much competition and the economy was somehow ok

Had it been a youth of oga cosmos age want to start life the way he did his in the 21st century of naija advancement where small boiz eye don open and small gals dey wear next to notin and couple with the hardship of the natiom I don't think that youth will even have a heart to be rich like him

The youth have been fraustrated a lot in this nation no vocational training even if you attend one to get handwork ,you are on ur own no support from credit houses for small loan to start life unless you have a reliable family

Oga cosmas you are a BOSS infact BIGGEST BOSS
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Challas(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
And that's a great success story.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by crackhouse(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
This story doesn't sound well at all. It sounds like a cut & join story. I wonder how sb that went about weighing people's weight on a scale managed to get that kind of money to start importation within that short time, and a family man with kids for that matter? even if they didn't eat at all. True true sth is missing here. He should go back and rewrite the story or betterstill tell it to the kindergarton kids. I am sure my father bought his 504 peugeot car for 5000naira from his friend in 1981, so tell me how he managed to save 1kobo up to the amount enough to import goods within that period of time. The story he told abt removing the label of cartons of goods shows he have a criminal tendency so he must have done sth to raise the money he used to import goods. However, God should take the glory if his money is genuine. But i still doubt some very rich men and their success story.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
The bottom of wealth is highly irritating. People hardly say the absolute thruth on how they made their money. I may be small, but I have lived in this country long enough and a lot of the time, the people who know the secret of our success or successes do not have access to where or the medium or media where we brag about how had it has been.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by viperman: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Nice! shocked
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by kettykin: 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
The truth about some Nigerians is this , once you you are a Sucess they do check and find out that you did not steal Government Money like most of their tribal people do , you did not sit on Government big failed contracts like most of their tribes men do, you did not lick the boot of a Northerner like they have been doing all their lives, you did not betray your fellow country man like they are know for, then automatically they will believe you were involved in Money Rituals .

Very typical and demeaning mindset if you may ask me. if They Bill Gates, Mark Zuckeberg , Larry page and Sergin Brin were all Nigerian only God knows the untold hardship they would have been subjected to by the above poster who believes more in Ritual Money than in God Favour.
I still recall how Ibeto's Business was closed down at the instance of Dangote by OBJ ,question is was Ibeto involved in Ritual Money too or was Savannah bank and Slok Airlines involved in Ritual Money .

Very Typical of some one who is afraid of Comeption and progress.

1 Like

Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by igboboy1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Atleast those ones didnt have to offer their mothers for money rituals.

People like coscharis, innoson motors founder and Ibeto unlike their Yoruba conunterparts all started with nothing based on pure hard work..

adenuga, abiola, otedola, obj, all their wealth cannot be traced to pure hard work. We all know that they all had either favours, from military head of state at one point in time or the famous paddy paddy levels cos their guy be presido(adenuga, abiola, otedola) or they stole money directly (obj)...

Name one Yoruba mogul whose wealth is free from controversy? Is it Tinubu? Negro please

1 Like

Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
As expected.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by igboboy1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
As expected.

I told you smiley
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by 3rdparty: 3:39am On Jul 09, 2012
blacklion:

Please get your history right.

The import license of 1982 was for motor cycle spare parts, not BMW auto sales franchise. Until 1986, by law all businessmen in Nigeria had to obtain import license from Federal Ministry of Finance/CBN to import goods of any kind. IBB abolished it as part of the SAP policy. So import license has NOTHING to do with auto sales franchise.

FYI, Coscharis was not the original BMW franchisee in Nigeria. Ultimate Motors held the franchise from about 1985/6 until around 1998/99 when Coscharis got it. Their office was at Apapa back then. Coscharis was not into automobile sales or even spare parts in 1982; by 1982, he was still mostly in the motorcycle spare parts business. His warehouse was at Kirikiri then. Ultimate Motors was owned by Indians or Lebanese, I believe. I don't know how exactly they lost the BMW franchise and Coscharis got it - or whether they sold it to him.

It was after Coscharis got the Ford franchise (which also came with BMW and Landrover) that he built that showroom at VI - Adeola Odeku.

People should make effort to learn before putting down others.

Something tells me this OP is Coscharis himself, or his corporate affairs manager.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by umunnatim(m): 4:35am On Jul 09, 2012
how would he tell you he visited Okija shrine?bros abeg carry scale make we see how much you go make in 20years,Make that Coscharis no come fool himself here.The story never finish.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Bluekapon(m): 4:49am On Jul 09, 2012
alaoeri: Every success story is sweet but they won't disclose the real turn around in their life, to every great success there's always a great crime.
Somehow, i doubt that
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Bluekapon(m): 4:56am On Jul 09, 2012
9ijaprince: in as much as the whole story is inspiring but i still find it hard to believe that he married at 19. Also Nnewi man will never tell you how he made his money.
Now, thats something i've always wondered about. He wedded in a church to someone who's probably younger than him, say 18 or 17 or even 16! Will a church wed a couple at that age?
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Revolva(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Look I don't know why people here on this forum like long talk without thinking that even in abroad which their society is transparent a bit, major companies started with crime money Bank of america started that way with the italians poineers and there is a force somewhere to people sucess and I don't care if coshcharis went to okija to get fame or ogboni as long as he used it to help the economy and the society -abi if coshcharis dash you 100k you no go take-money na money blood money clean money all na money
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by megachuks(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2012
I love your story
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by blacklion(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
3rdparty:

Something tells me this OP is Coscharis himself, or his corporate affairs manager.

Something tells me this poster was born no more than 15-20 years ago and assumes everyone on nairaland is his age mate.
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by MagicBoss: 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
[b][/b]
braveheart2012: His story has MANY holes and inconsistencies. How do you go from N3,000 capital to winning one of ten car import licenses? I also find it very strange that he parted ways with all his business partners because of "ideological differences". What differences specifically? Did he cheat them of their money? We'll never know.

Maduka claims that he was smoking and drinking at some point between the age of 9 and 14 (most likely between the ages of 10 and 13). Did children smoke and drink in Nigeria in the seventies? Also, he stops mentioning his relationship with God and his affiliation with the Redeemed Church after he got kicked out of his uncle's shop. What happened after he got kicked out? What church does he attend now? He tries to attribute his success to God but we can't just automatically link his current wealth with his encounter with God when he was 14! What happened between the ages of 14 and now? In what ways did God intervene to turn-around his situation? Miracles are specific. I can't find any specific instances of divine intervention in this story. All I see are unsubstantiated platitudes and a story about a plucky, lucky man.

Something about this story isn't completely logical but if this sanitized version of reality encourages others, then it's OK. However, Nigerian journalists need to start thinking critically and asking some hard questions. In this day and age of "all na packaging" and "anything goes", they can't just present unsubstantiated stories like these and expect smart, thinking Nigerians to buy it completely. I have an uncle that looted the Nigerian government blind (is is most definitely a member of secret cults). However if you ask him how he got rich, he will say it was because of God and point to his title from the Anglican church. All na packaging! That's Naija for you!

SPOT ON!!
Re: I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2012
etchel: too long to read the whole article. a summary will always do
yet your type will scream that JAMB is wrong for failing under performing nigerians or better still read long reports about GEJ just to mock him...SMH @ you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Fx35 On Sale? / "Facebook Account Hack" -- Innoson CEO Denies Report Of Shutting Down Production / NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.