Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,534 members, 7,917,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back (10585 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July / CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Texther(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
Because they want you to remember them ALWAYS
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Abyjah: 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
qleap2all: because Jesus christ has paid for the debts on the cross
Maybe that' why alot of them(debtors) are sent to be with Jesus by mysterious means--my tot undecided
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by zeejesus(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
†ђξ Canons of Credit must be applied when leding.
Characcter
Capital
Capability
Collateral etc
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
ONE WORD:

[size=18pt]INTEREST![/size]

that is if we are talking credit.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Govtlayer03: 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]To borrow dey sweet but to pay back dey hard. That is the spirit of borrowing.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by IYANGBALI: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
planetuzor: MOD: front page, front page,FRONT PAGE pls s s s s s s s
no mind the yeye people,dem no sabi the meaning of front page at all
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by no1madman(m): 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
About 7 fuckin yrs ago,1 stupid pastor borrowed 80k from me. .
He said "u no dey 4get sth." when i asked 4 my money back. . . . . .and d simple truth is

people who don't pay back r morally weak. .they lack self-discipline and integrity.(Mi dey cut dem off completely,don't need such fuckin people in my life)
D bottom line is:never lend ur money 2 anyone. .it's an easy way 2 lose friends. .

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
no1madman: About 7 fuckin yrs ago,1 stupid pastor borrowed 80k from me. .
He said "u no dey 4get sth." when i asked 4 my money back. . . . . .and d simple truth is

people who don't pay back r morally weak. .they lack self-discipline and integrity.(Mi dey cut dem off completely,don't need such fuckin people in my life)
D bottom line is:never lend ur money 2 anyone. .it's an easy way 2 lose friends. .

Cheap way to get rid of pretentious friends. No true friend will let money get in the way of a good relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by y2kaustin(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ibos,r the highest culprits...Have dealt wit lots of them,confisticating thier properties,and throwin them into guardroom.Permiting them to use their phones while in detention,trust the money wil surface in no short time.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Emma4christ(m): 11:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
Spicyhawt: Why is it that most people enjoy borrowing money but paying back is usually a problem
could u imagine i give my chior member just 1000 naira,just to pay me back nw na wahala.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by no1madman(m): 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
naijababe:

Cheap way to get rid of pretentious friends. No true friend will let money get in the way of a good relationship.
na so!they r not worth keeping!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dantechnig: 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
Am a victim of this I need help please. A lot of people ask me of money I feel d money I give dem is dash but I hv 10k in 5 places that I hv given out just in 2 wks infact I can't feed again cos I hv spent from my monthly allowance n can't feed again. Pls help me0
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by mecussey(m): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2012
feminine A: I don't borrow people money. No matter who you are, sounds harsh but this saves me from lots of headache. If you need to borrow 100k and I feel I can part away with 10k without feeling it, I give you the 10k without asking you for it. If you pay back fine if not that's left for u and your conscience. I just register the money as a seed or bad debt in my mind cause I dislike repeating myself over money
this is it, always give what you can afford to lose. Everybody needs help from everybody, it may be ur turn to borrow tomorrow. Use the trick above to know true friends with conscience
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Biggiestep(m): 12:53am On Jul 13, 2012
Its your money stand and collect it back not withstanding, use the debt of others dat u let go to keep dem runing all der life away from you. 'PAY UP'
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by jerryben12: 1:24am On Jul 13, 2012
If someone comes to borrow N1000 give that person N100 for free and call it a day.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by cophild: 1:52am On Jul 13, 2012
Funny thing be say some peeps commenting on this topic are owing others sef... lol

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by lepasharon(f): 2:19am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by kobikwelu(m): 2:38am On Jul 13, 2012
ill answer this question with an age old adage...

"song wey persin dey sing go farm for morning dey different from wetin him go sing come back for evening"

my dad always said to me, if a friend comes to borrow 10 naira promising to pay 11 naira in one week's time, just 'dash' him 2 naira and tell him to go find the rest from somewhere else.

brothers have almost killed because of the so called borrowing....if a needs money to solve a problem, what are the chances that after solving the problem he would have any money left to pay you back

www.justjanded.com
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by manny4life(m): 4:54am On Jul 13, 2012
Most people have spoken my mind on here, while I borrow friends money, I do not borrow money I'm not prepared to loose. So there u have it. Debtors are inclined at that moment to tell you sweet stories of paying back ONLY to turn back around and stab you in the face. I've had awful experiences, so I learned from my mistakes. Will a dog feed on its own vomit? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by cfours: 5:25am On Jul 13, 2012
Because they don't have money to pay back. Especially if they borrowed the money for an emergency ex. hospital bill, school fees, rent etc
It will be nice if you can arrange payment plans with the person and talk about paying little at a time. The sum might be too big and daunting for the person to pay back all at once.
Next time, don't loan someone money if you are not sure they make enough money to be able to pay it back. I wouldn't loan money to someone if the amount is more than the person's monthly salary, for example.
something to keep in mind in all of this is that one good turn deserves another. You never know if you will find yourself as a borrower tomorrow so do not be too shrewd. Just learn from your mistake and next time, don't loan to someone who can't afford to pay back.
in that case, it will be better to give than to loan.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Trinity101(m): 5:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Abyjah: Hmmm, if oloopa catch me I go bring them come yo hauz shaaa wink
Make i kukuma kip am,go borrow anoda pesin shey na u wan kil am nd i wan assist u in my own little way so u should bear d consequences alone!wink
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by killuminati(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju: This shit pisses me the fhuck off...

I have a nigga who owes me money and hasn't paid back for over 6 months... I met the nigga a few weeks back and guess what he said?

I never called him so he thought I had dashed him.... angry

300,000 naira o!
na wa for u OoOoo, you dey always form story sha.. Anyway, I dey feel u shagrin.... How u dey?
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Ndata(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2012
Because the bible says"The wicked man borrows but doesn't pay back"

Also
Proverbs 22:7
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

These are the reasons.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by spendogram: 8:05am On Jul 13, 2012
The reason why people won't pay back their debts is simple. Mathematically speaking for example if you have an asset(i.e money or it's equivalent) of say N100,000 and you are owing a debt of say N80,000. It means you are worth
Your Worth = YourAssets - YourDebts=100,000-80,000=20,000=twenty thousand naira.

However, a person who has N100,000 but is worth just twenty naira in reality from the above calculation, will not like the feeling of having a worth of just 20,000. Hence, he will prefer to hold on to the money he is owing so as to have a feeling of being worth N100,000.

Collateral is the best option.

Consider the same debtor with asset of 100,000 and debt of 80,000 but has used his asset of 100,000 as collateral to obtain the 80,000 loan. He has the asset of 100,000 with him but he knows he will lose it if he doesn't pay the 80,000 debt. If he loses it he will now worth 0 (zero) naira. He won't want that.

Hence,
1 Collateral is important
2 The value of the collateral MUST be greater than the loan sought.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Okijajuju1(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2012
killuminati: na wa for u OoOoo, you dey always form story sha.. Anyway, I dey feel u shagrin.... How u dey?

Unfortunately, No be forming story matter..

The number of people wey dey owe me money too plenty!! The total everywhere fit pass 500,000'K Naira.. I thank God say atleast na me dey give.. Insha Allah, e go continue to dey like that..

I'd rather be a lender than a borrower!!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2012
90% of the time, i will just givn a token amount of the requested sum - ask me to lend you n100,000, i may simply give you 10-15k; that way if its a real issue, i won't have it on my conscience , and i wont have to chase you later for my money
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dokunbam(m): 8:52am On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

When I lend money, I don't take any collateral because I believe one good turn deserves another.. Just because I'm ontop today, doesn't mean I won't be needing help tomorrow... However some niggas have no conscience..

How do I take a collateral from a friend who borrowed money in the name of business...
yes oo

But Its really a problem haba. I don't know how pple has turn me to bank. Two of my friends borrowed moni but to pay nawa. I borrow two of my frnds moni since last year. The first pay 20k out of 50k. The other pay 10 out of 15. The moni is not the issue but am now the bad person. Wen I ask for the moni its always a problem.The funiest thing is the my other friend that borrowed 15k was telling that y should I lend the 1st moni that he wiLl not pay whereas he is owning too.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by spendogram: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2012
spendogram: The reason why people won't pay back their debts is simple. Mathematically speaking for example if you have an asset(i.e money or it's equivalent) of say N100,000 and you are owing a debt of say N80,000. It means you are worth
Your Worth = YourAssets - YourDebts=100,000-80,000=20,000=twenty thousand naira.

However, a person who has N100,000 but is worth just twenty naira in reality from the above calculation, will not like the feeling of having a worth of just 20,000. Hence, he will prefer to hold on to the money he is owing so as to have a feeling of being worth N100,000.

Collateral is the best option.

Consider the same debtor with asset of 100,000 and debt of 80,000 but has used his asset of 100,000 as collateral to obtain the 80,000 loan. He has the asset of 100,000 with him but he knows he will lose it if he doesn't pay the 80,000 debt. If he loses it he will now worth 0 (zero) naira. He won't want that.

Hence,
1 Collateral is important
2 The value of the collateral MUST be greater than the loan sought.

Just to make the issue of collateral clear from my former post., collateral does not always have to be material things especially when dealing with friends and families.It may be the reputation the person's reputation. In that case there is still collateral since the person's reputation serves as the collateral.If he doesn't pay back he loses his reputation.
Hence, do not lend a person more than the amount you think the person's reputation is worth with you.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by popin5(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2012
Spicyhawt: Why is it that most people enjoy borrowing money but paying back is usually a problem
i.e its easier to recieve than to give. Its in d human psyche. Always endeavor to state it categorically that its a loan.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by buchai: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Ds guy came wit gud intention 4 me 2 lend him moni on early May ds yr promis'g 2 pay me bk dt May endg. Dt May i clld him he sid i shld bear wit him til June endg. 2wards June endg i clld he refusd pickg my calls 2 make d mata worst he doesnt cal bk n he wrks in a bnk. 2dys bk he paid me half thru of his coll'gue, his coll'gue pleadd wit me 2 gv him more tym dt he doesnt kn wat he uses his moni 4 n dt he's also a victing 2 him. Dat soften my approach 4 now, if nt i've alrdy made up my mind 2 report him 2 his superiors.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by apoti(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2012
I borrowed a friend £2000 last year March, when he was planning his wedding. He told me he wasn't going to spend it, he just wanted to fund his account so as to meet the maintenance requirements for his wife's visa.
His wife came in May and I was expecting my money back, he didn't even mention it. I asked him around August, he said he was sorry he just had to used the money for some other things. Till today he has been giving one excuse or the other. It sooo annoying and painful angry I've learnt my lessons tho undecided
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by AbuRuqayya1(m): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2012
same reason as what makes creditors difficult to pay back....too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Expert Says Inflation Is Out Of Cbn’s Control / Five Million To Invest / Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.