Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,380 members, 7,968,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:12 PM

Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US (13949 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / President Jonathan Inspected The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
all4naija: A single look at the last photo posted by naptu2 makes me wanna puke.

I s there no modern part in any Nigerian city? What's going on with the leaders?!

BRT in Curitiba, in a third world country.

Wait a second . . . looking at that picture, I cannot help but wonder if the gloss on that Photoshopped picture is what you are enamored by. What is it that you see that is wrong with the Lagos in the last image? undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
Omexonomy:
since[b] thier[/b] are 30 laptops in abuja then thier might be 15 in lagos
Maybe you need a better laptop yourself; take a look at the bolded.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Wait a second . . . looking at that picture, I cannot help but wonder if the gloss on that Photoshopped picture is what you are enamored by. What is it that you see that is wrong with the Lagos in the last image? undecided undecided
I already told you long time ago to desist from quoting my comments! Keep celebrating dirtiness!
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by AjanleKoko: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
all4naija: A single look at the last photo posted by naptu2 makes me wanna puke.

I s there no modern part in any Nigerian city? What's going on with the leaders?!

BRT in Curitiba, in a third world country.

Bros,
Brazil ain't a 3rd world country.
The GDP of the African continent, including the Great South Africa, is not up to that of Brazil.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Bros,
Brazil ain't a 3rd world country.
The GDP of the African continent, including the Great South Africa, is not up to that of Brazil.
It is! India GDP is well above that of Africa as well yet a third world country. GDP is not a yardstick to measure a healthy and neat work though.

Nigerian leaders should learn to accept the best! Why are Nigerian works done haphazardly?
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by OAM4J: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
redsun:

How on earth can a bigoted minded person like u become a moderator in a suppose impatial and progressive forum? No wonder this place has turn to miniature nigeria,a place where intolerance and primitive tribal sentiment thrive over reasoning and collective progress.

Sometimes you guys just throw any word that comes to your brain without thinking. What is the meaning of bigotry? What is bigotry about my post? Who am I suppose to be neutral to as a NL moderator? Fashola & GEJ? Where did you get the impression that moderators are not entitled to their opinions on public matters?

I am a stakeholder in the Project Lagos and Nigeria. I am from Lagos and a Nigerian, and I am damm entitled to express my opinion on how these projects are being managed. I have every right to commend or condemn wherever and whenever I so feel like and it has nothing to do with my job as a moderator here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by manny4life(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

No, that is not what he is saying.

Take a lesson from Americans. Many of those who LOVE OBAMA, and already plan to vote him back in office in November, readily admit that he is doing good but there is still a whole lot of improvement needed, and a lot of misses too. And they can go at length with you on these. This is why I admire a lot of them.
Even the celebrities(I know we like to think that many of them are out of the touch when it comes to the concerns of the average man), they are educated on the issues enough to give you details on what Obama has done wrong, and what is he still doing wrong and where he needs to change but at the end of the day, they are still wearing there "Vote Obama" teeshirts. And this applies to the ordinary Americans out there too. They criticize even those they support, OPENLY too, and would readily jump boats if their choice decides to take them, or Americans, for granted. They are not puppets. They are intelligent beings who are do not have their tongues stuck to the arse of politicians.

These are the kind of people Nigeria needs. We don't need puppets for the Politicians or arse-lickers. We need real Nigerians, not afraid to criticize even when they choose to stand.

Exactly!

I'm one of those people who love Obama BUT still criticize few of his policies and decision, for instance when he announced the FG will no longer defend DOMA.

But you still have given us the FREE FEIN websites thoug
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
manny4life: But you still have given us the FREE FEIN websites thoug

um . . . first show me where, in my own words, I state that I was talking of some FREE FEIN website, or promised to provide you with one.

I ignored you all yesterday thinking you would probably re-read to get a clue but I see I was wrong to expect you to use your head there.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
redsun:

How on earth can a bigoted minded person like u become a moderator in a suppose impatial and progressive forum? No wonder this place has turn to miniature nigeria,a place where intolerance and primitive tribal sentiment thrive over reasoning and collective progress.

Let's say the truth and let the truth set us free? TBH, I see nothing wrong in what he has said, he simply aired his opinion that he would rather pick one job for the other. He did not insult GEJ, he said he rather work for Fashola than GEJ. That is not a bigotry statement but a statement of CHOICE. Should we now assume becos he choose one he's a bigot?

Besides, just because he's moderator doesn't strip his right away to freedom of speech and expression. In as long as his comment doesn't infringe on yours, neither does his words nor actions hurt you in any way nor harm you or other forum members, then he's good. If he's forcing forum memebers to agree with his opinions that's different. If he bans or expels you because of expressing negative opinions about Fashola, that's different.

Brother, DON'T confuse someone's job with freedom. OAM4J has every GOD given rights like you and I to express his views, as long as his views is moderate and NOT imposing, he can express them and still carry on his duties. He has every right to choose who he stands with, he may be a GEJ or Fashola supporter and still be neutral about his comments.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by manny4life(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . first show me where, in my own, words, you have me stating that there is a FREE FEIN website. I ignored you all yesterday thinking you would probably re-read to get a better clue on what was said but I guess you were long gone.

LOL, you forgot so quickly... WELL, you ONLY ignore people when you find that your case/argument is white wash. After all, you continued your ramblings through out the thread. I'll bet $100 to NL that if you had found the FEIN for those companies, you would have hurriedly posted it. However and unfortunately for you, you couldn't obtain the FEIN for the largest corporations in the U.S., even WALMART, the largest corporation in the world...LOL

Abeg, go and sleep and sometimes, leave blind arguments. I thought you were gonna call IRS after all it's free information...lol, no argument it's not free, but hey, where is it? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
manny4life:

LOL, you forgot so quickly... WELL, you ONLY ignore people when you find that your case/argument is white wash. After all, you continued your ramblings through out the thread. I'll bet $100 to NL that if you had found the FEIN for those companies, you would have hurriedly posted it. However and unfortunately for you, you couldn't obtain the FEIN for the largest corporations in the U.S., even WALMART, the largest corporation in the world...LOL

Abeg, go and sleep and sometimes, leave blind arguments. I thought you were gonna call IRS after all it's free information...lol, no argument it's not free, but hey, where is it? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Again

Kobojunkie:

[size=16pt]um . . . first show me where, in my own words, I state that I was talking of some FREE FEIN website, or promised to provide you with one. [/size]

I ignored you all yesterday thinking you would probably re-read to get a clue but I see I was wrong to expect you to use your head there.

This should not be hard for you given that the search for FEIN only happened less than 24 hours ago, and the very thread is still on the front page. There is no need for the additional brain-farts just re-post my own words stating any of what you suggest I did there. What are you waiting for?
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by manny4life(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
LOL,

House, please can someone interpret this for KOBO, she sounds lost at the moment

um . . . FEIN of companies registered in America is not CLASSIFIED information lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You have free access to them online, or by phone (call the IRS directly).

Ok o, please free access to them online, online from where? IRS website... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
manny4life: LOL,

House, please can someone interpret this for KOBO, she sounds lost at the moment
Ok o, please free access to them online, online from where? IRS website... cheesy cheesy cheesy
[size=15pt]
So free access online MUST MEAN Free Website? So, if I email a company, or the IRS, or the BBB(all of them with an ONLINE presence), for information on a Company, the company sends me document(via ONLINE email in 90% of the case) on their company, include their FEIN, that is a Free FEIN website?
[/size]undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by OAM4J: 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

No, that is not what he is saying.

Take a lesson from Americans. Many of those who LOVE OBAMA, and already plan to vote him back in office in November, readily admit that he is doing good but there is still a whole lot of improvement needed, and a lot of misses too. And they can go at length with you on these. This is why I admire a lot of them.
Even the celebrities(I know we like to think that many of them are out of the touch when it comes to the concerns of the average man), they are educated on the issues enough to give you details on what Obama has done wrong, and what is he still doing wrong and where he needs to change but at the end of the day, they are still wearing there "Vote Obama" teeshirts. And this applies to the ordinary Americans out there too. They criticize even those they support, OPENLY too, and would readily jump boats if their choice decides to take them, or Americans, for granted. They are not puppets. They are intelligent beings who are do not have their tongues stuck to the arse of politicians.

These are the kind of people Nigeria needs. We don't need puppets for the Politicians or arse-lickers. We need real Nigerians, not afraid to criticize even when they choose to stand.

So he is right calling me a bigot? Unlike many here I do not condemn anything/everything that has GEJ on it, I openly here supported some of his decisions like the appointment of NOI and the current police IG. Neither do I give a blanket support or commendation to anything/everything Fashola. I am not an ACN supporter either. So I wonder where you get your brief of his advocacy from defending him with your post above.

So stay on my post that he commented on. It is not a rocket science that Fashola's 'laptop members' has little work to do compare to GEJ 'laptop members'. That does not in any way mean (if they exist) they will do no work or implies that am saying Fashola is perfect.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
OAM4J:

So he is right calling me a bigot? Unlike many here I do not condemn anything/everything that has GEJ on it, I openly here supported some of his decisions like the appointment of NOI and the current police IG. Neither do I give a blanket support or commendation to anything/everything Fashola. I am not an ACN supporter either. So I wonder where you get your brief of his advocacy from defending him with your post above.

So stay on my post that he commented on. It is not a rocket science that Fashola's 'laptop members' has little work to do compare to GEJ 'laptop members'. That does not in any way mean (if they exist) they will do no work or implies that am saying Fashola is perfect.

Stop trying to explain yourself to me. I really don't give a darn . . . you made the statement he indicted you for, so learn to OWN it and all that comes with it. I am simply explaining what we want in our Nigerian people.

As far as I am concerned, Fashola "Lap-toppers" are the same as GoodLuck Jonathan "Lap-toppers". You all try to twist the facts and blow sweet scented fumes up the arses of people to make them all think all is well. You all do the same thing and that is discourage the people from holding those they have in Government accountable for all that is going on.

I am not against the occasional pat on the back what we need more of in this stage of our development is people to openly criticize and hold their Governors, Presidents, local reps, National Reps accountable and to higher standards than is currently obtained in anywhere Nigeria. What you Politically hired "lap-toppers" do goes against progress and should not condemned not encouraged in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by manny4life(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:
[size=15pt]
So free access online MUST MEAN Free Website? So, if I email a company, or the IRS, or the BBB, for information on a Company, the company sends me document on their company, include their FEIN, that is a Free FEIN website?
[/size]undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Chai, YOU NEED HELP. Someone please tutor madam kobo on English, because she's fumbling at the moment

You said ONLINE, is online not website? You clearly said "free access to them online", where you go to access them online, is it not a free website? Do you pay subscription to access them? Open websites like NL.com is free, washington post.com is free, Target.com is free, amazon.com is free, BBB.com is free, YouTube.com is free, are they not open, free website where you and I access information... YOU NEED HELP.

Oh now, you're emailing the company or the IRS? shocked shocked shocked LOL,

Again, you said

[size=16pt]free access to them online[/size]

Which means, you can view information ONLINE. I gave you an example, you know how people info is public record and how you do reverse look-up, that's "free access to them online", if you cannot access the information online, then it's no longer ONLINE, it's called OFFLINE.

You see, so the company sends you the info either through email/letter/mail, so in your theory, that's "free access to them online".....LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

BTW, information online comes either "FREE ACCESS" or "PAID ACCESS" aka subscription

[size=20pt]KOBO NEEDS HELP[/size]
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by babapupa: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
Unfortunately for these sadists with no pride and self worth, lagos is on the move and the trajectory remains on the positive side. It's heart warming that the outside world is now waking up to the same realities like ours. This is the 3rd positive write up about lagos writen by foreign media within a week.

When BRT was launched, the same sadists were here crying and yelling like they do everyday, they are still losing sleep over metro rail, fashola ordered 60 new ferry boats for water transportation and they went berserk.

Fashola commission hospital, road, bridge, schools and power plants, they make sure we know these positives makes them sad.

They say something bad about your country, you get mad, they say something good about your country, you still get mad go crazy.

Sadists have no place or future in any progressive society because sadness is their only portion in life.

Eko I ni baje lai lai.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
babapupa: Unfortunately for these sadists with no pride and self worth, lagos is on the move and the trajectory remains on the positive side. It's heart warming that the outside world is now waking up to the same realities like ours. This is the 3rd positive write up about lagos writen by foreign media within a work.

When BRT was laubched, the same sadists were here crying and yelling like they do everyday, they are still losing sleep over metro rail, fashola ordered 60 new ferry boats for water transportation and they went berserk.

Fashola commission hospital, road, bridge, schools and power plants, they make sure we know these positives makes them sad.

They say something bad about your country, you get mad, they say something good about your country, you still get mad go crazy.

Sadists have no place or future in any progressive society because sadness is their only portion in life.

Eko I ni baje lai lai.

Nobody is against what Fashola is doing. I am among those who applaud his works but, things can be done better. They have to come out clean, sophisticated, modern, Pleasing to the eyes,etc. Not after spending precious time and money on a project and ends up with poorly done works.

Come on! How long are we going to stay that way? It doesn't tell good of us. If we are going to implement the metro system, at least we should beautify the area close to it. Dirty environment is just not good for anybody. We should say the truth and shun poorly done works.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Akanbiedu(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
babapupa: Unfortunately for these sadists with no pride and self worth, lagos is on the move and the trajectory remains on the positive side. It's heart warming that the outside world is now waking up to the same realities like ours. This is the 3rd positive write up about lagos writen by foreign media within a work.

When BRT was laubched, the same sadists were here crying and yelling like they do everyday, they are still losing sleep over metro rail, fashola ordered 60 new ferry boats for water transportation and they went berserk.

Eko I ni baje lai lai.

As usual, on point.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Katsumoto: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
OAM4J:

Sometimes you guys just throw any word that comes to your brain without thinking. What is the meaning of bigotry? What is bigotry about my post? Who am I suppose to be neutral to as a NL moderator? Fashola & GEJ? Where did you get the impression that moderators are not entitled to their opinions on public matters?

I am a stakeholder in the Project Lagos and Nigeria. I am from Lagos and a Nigerian, and I am damm entitled to express my opinion on how these projects are being managed. I have every right to commend or condemn wherever and whenever I so feel like and it has nothing to do with my job as a moderator here.

You really shouldn't defend yourself against those who don't know the meanings of words they throw around and/or who believe that being a moderator on an anonymous forum means you have no opinion even if you are a stakeholder.

Some comments just expose gaps in the posters education.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Katsumoto: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2012

Eko I ni baje lai lai.

O ba je ti
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by LagosStar: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
All these haters and see no good people sef.

If you dont like Fashola and Lagos, stay in your state or jump over 3rd mainland bridge.

We true Lagosians are not complaining, if you have a governor half as good as Fashola in your states you all wont be running to Lagos in thousands everyday giving our governor more work to do.

Cant you people just appreciate someone performing for once. Have you killed or removed other governors not doing tenth of what Fashola is doing?

Whether you like it or not, Eko o ni baje forever! Haters!!!
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
And just like that this thread is fast looking same as the Goodluck Jonathan threads. Na wa ooo!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
We can do better. To be contented with less is not encouraging to any development!
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2012

Eko I ni baje lai lai.

That's a good one. When they criticized blindly, they would not articulate the alternatives. In a thoroughly badly congested Lagos as it is, BRT is a good innovation that's worth commending and recommending to similar cities across Africa.We don't even need someone in Washington to tell us this. He's still working on other several transportation alternatives including monorail, rehabilitation and expansion of strategic roads across the states.

The same good job is being replicated in handful of states such as Edo, Ondo, Rivers and Akwa Ibom. These guys should be commended. If they pocketed the money as Akala, Oyinlola, Agagu once did, what would the internet warriors that never see anything good in government do?
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
Check out . ..

Kobojunkie: And just like that this thread is fast looking same as the Goodluck Jonathan threads. Na wa ooo!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Exponental(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
ekt_bear: "moved more than 170 million people in its first three years of operation"

sounds like a win to me
hw can it carry more than 170million people wen nigeria has abt 170 million pple.
170 passenger would be better said.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Is anybody against BRT or just the quality of works done around the project? Like the roads, the bus stop and the surroundings of the entire Lagos state.

Please, let not allow sentiment to becloud what we can do better and accept less. We can be as good in development as any other developed nations. Some third world countries are doing it clean and better. So, why can we do the same?
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Exponental:
hw can it carry more than 170million people wen nigeria has abt 170 million pple.
It says in 3 years after it inception. Yes! It is possible.
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Katsumoto: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
all4naija: Nobody is against what Fashola is doing. I am among those who applaud his works but, things can be done better. They have to come out clean, sophisticated, modern, Pleasing to the eyes,etc. Not after spending precious time and money on a project and ends up with poorly done works.

Come on! How long are we going to stay that way? It doesn't tell good of us. If we are going to implement the metro system, at least we should beautify the area close to it. Dirty environment is just not good for anybody. We should say the truth and shun poorly done works.

Your post ignores a few things

1. The effect of extensive migration on scarce resources. A project may have been commissioned to cater for 100 people but by the time it is finished, 150 are using it leading to significant deterioration.

2. Resources are scarce and many infrastructure have been left to rot for many years. If a new administrator focuses on a few of many, he/she will be seen as a failure. However, if he/she tries to use scarce funds on many projects, the likelihood is that the end project will not be top notch. But you can at least put it in a state that makes the job easier for the next administrator. Its simply a case of lose either way.

Expecting Lagos to look like Dubai when Lagos has 5% of Dubai's budget and 1000% of its population is asking too much. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Akanbiedu(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
Exponental:

Do you have a brain at all?
Re: Lagos Mass Transit Model Good For Africa – US by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
See reasons . .. . excuses .. . insults flying . . ..

same elements you find on your typical Goodluck Jonathan thread . .. same tactics used by the Goodluck Jonathan jobbers. Na wa ooo!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December / EXPOSED!! Full List Of Boko Haram Sponsors In Nigeria / 2019: Middle Belt Will Slug It Out With Far North —Hon Bitrus Kaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.