Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS (6083 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by edicolove: 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
bakila: @beaf and ediclove those who know the Petroluem industry bill know it and what it portends. The lie about increasing earnings seven fold is so obvious, coming from you sha is normal. We go pless owur hand for umblera, no worry.

What have you actually said? My problem with some of you is that you have become so blinded by hate that you cant even have a good discuss. You have to paint everything negative to stay alive! It aint cool at all i must say.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Beaf: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
bakila: @beaf and ediclove those who know the Petroluem industry bill know it and what it portends. The lie about increasing earnings seven fold is so obvious, coming from you sha is normal. We go pless owur hand for umblera, no worry.

Tell us what you know about it then. Or you think anybody is here to trade carmel p[i]i[/i]ss or boko haram tactics with you?
Speak, and be disgraced. cool
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 12, 2012
Mandelaguy: Did you investigate and implicate her? People whose brain process gossips should leave this thread fast!

She heads the ministry under which NNPC falls under. With all the rubbish going on there, the minimum any person with self worth would do is resign.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 12, 2012
I do agree with trogunn. It's not a matter of if she has been investigated yet or not, we-ve read about the kpmg report on our oil industry and the wanton corruption in the nnpc, her ministry is in charge of the oil/gas industry with the nnpc as the back-bone. It is only honourable that she resigns from the ministry to show commitment to the growth of the oil industry. There is no doubt that she has had made in-roads in the oil and gas sector, with the local content law the flagship of her C.V and the PIB if it gets passed, but with the levels of corruption in the oil industry, especially the nnpc, she should reason.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by ypzilanti: 12:59am On Jul 12, 2012
I will applaud when the senate and house passes it and it is fully implemented.

For now, it is all talk.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by james1(m): 1:06am On Jul 12, 2012
The GEJ led government means well;a step in the right direction.
More on the way.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Beaf: 1:17am On Jul 12, 2012
Henry120: I do agree with trogunn. It's not a matter of if she has been investigated yet or not, we-ve read about the kpmg report on our oil industry and the wanton corruption in the nnpc, her ministry is in charge of the oil/gas industry with the nnpc as the back-bone. It is only honourable that she resigns from the ministry to show commitment to the growth of the oil industry. There is no doubt that she has had made in-roads in the oil and gas sector, with the local content law the flagship of her C.V and the PIB if it gets passed, but with the levels of corruption in the oil industry, especially the nnpc, she should reason.

She did not set up NNPC, Buhari did. It is weak to go after her, cos she is a woman.
The truth about why most people hate her is that she belongs to the "wrong" ethnic group. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by ypzilanti: 1:43am On Jul 12, 2012
Beaf:

She did not set up NNPC, Buhari did. It is weak to go after her, cos she is a woman.
The truth about why most people hate her is that she belongs to the "wrong" ethnic group. Period.

So which is the right ethnic group if I may ask. Most Nigerians love Oshiomole...maybe Edo North is the right ethnic group? Kindly enlighten us. What a dumb comment.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by dedeike: 1:50am On Jul 12, 2012
I am beginning to think that the best thing that happened to NIGERIA at this time is JONATHAN.

Let's face facts and leave sentiments.

The groundbreaking reforms going on in every sector is outstanding. This govt became the first to enact the Freedom of Information bill which was neglected by previous administrations.

This govt was the first to impose higher barriers in the template for 2012/13 template for the crude export market.

This govt was the first to appoint an opponent to oversee its major source of revenue

This govt was the first to take drastic steps thru the Orosanye committee to reduce the number of parastatals and agencies In Nigeria

This govt was the first to take steps towards deregulation thru the withdrawal of subsidy.

Now the New PIB is set to be forwarded
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by dedeike: 1:53am On Jul 12, 2012
I am beginning to think that the best thing that happened to NIGERIA at this time is JONATHAN.

Let's face facts and leave sentiments.

The groundbreaking reforms going on in every sector is outstanding.

This govt has reformed and sanitised the ports.

This govt has revived the reforms of the power sector thru the NIPP and the review of tariffs.

This govt is the first to appoint a woman to head an arm of govt as CJN.

This govt is reforming govt payment systems and going bio metric in the capture of data.

This govt reformed wage structure and increased minimum wage significantly.

This govt became the first to enact the Freedom of Information bill which was neglected by previous administrations.

This govt was the first to impose higher barriers in the template for 2012/13 template for the crude export market.

This govt was the first to appoint an opponent to oversee its major source of revenue

This govt was the first to take drastic steps thru the Orosanye committee to reduce the number of parastatals and agencies In Nigeria

This is the first govt to initiate several probes and audits in NNPC.

This govt was the first to take steps towards deregulation thru the withdrawal of subsidy.

This govt established 9 new federal universities in one year.

This govt broke the jinx and is constructing the Benin-Ore -Sagamu highway which previous govts abandoned.

Now the New comprehensive PIB is set to be forwarded to the National Assembly.

What a govt!

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Beaf: 1:57am On Jul 12, 2012
ypzilanti:

So which is the right ethnic group if I may ask. Most Nigerians love Oshiomole...maybe Edo North is the right ethnic group? Kindly enlighten us. What a dumb comment.

You are quite an id!ot. I wonder how much El Rufai gave you to sell your soul and ask daft questions?
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Dainfamous: 2:02am On Jul 12, 2012
Poo is about to get hectic sad sad
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by jumobi1(m): 2:32am On Jul 12, 2012
Da infamous:
Poo is about to get hectic sad sad
Lol ur really a Mobb Deep fan
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Dainfamous: 3:19am On Jul 12, 2012
jumobi1:
Lol ur really a Mobb Deep fan
real mobb fan cool
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by james1(m): 5:51am On Jul 12, 2012
Hello peeps.
I have always said it,the GEJ led administration means well,it wants and will deliver only the best for Nigeria and Nigerians, eventually.
We as a people should exercise patience and criticise logically.
Many more economy and people friendly policies on the way.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by pomporiking: 6:00am On Jul 12, 2012
Beta wash...with her eyeballs wey dey swallow money crook oshi..na una boko haram suppose dey kill
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2012
These northern Senators who are hard bent in making sure that the Niger Delta will never benefit from the oil in their land will kill this PIB bill on its arrival. Trust me!
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by israelbenzion: 8:18am On Jul 12, 2012
Beaf: The PIB will gradually increase our earnings from the petroleum sector, from about $100billion to just under $700billion. A seven fold increase!
Surely, thats got to be healthy. cool
Na small money be that? The tin is just to put it to gud use. That's all.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by CHIMSKY(m): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2012
The bill is a doctored,hollowed and watered down version of the initial one.It favours the oil majors.As a matter of fact it was these same IOCs that ensured that one of their own (Diezani) became Petroleum Minister in order to have a strong hand in drafting it.Besides no matter how great the bill is it has to be implemented when it becomes law.If it is not followed,it is as good as there being no law.Or have you forgotten that Nigeria has laws in the criminal and penal codes that criminalize If so,why do Nigerians continue to steal like there's no tomorrow.!
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by donguutti: 8:45am On Jul 12, 2012
can we have a sample of the PIB bill?so many different opinions on what it does,cant be so sure
of i dont see it. the only part which i am worried about is that concerning the oil communities, they
would bear the cost of pipeline vandalization but wont be compensated for oil spills and gas flares.
i really hope its false,
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by davechika(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2012
TroGunn:

She heads the ministry under which NNPC falls under. With all the rubbish going on there, the minimum any person with self worth would do is resign.

so because she heads ministry under NNPC falls under she should resign...what ones that were there before her with all those rubbish then did they resign?,u think everytin started during her on tenure?,pls am not a fan of DAM but many shrewd men in oil and gas business are after her cause of the importance of that ministry to some sections of the country that have long monopolised and even acquired the oil producing regions by Proxy.little one wonders during OBJ tenure theres notin like Petroluem minister cos he knws then wat has been goin on there before now.if not for GEJ tenure(am not a fan of GEJ either) would anyone be knowledged on the endemic corruption that has been there for years.abeg make una leave that woman alone for now.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2012
CHIMSKY: The bill is a doctored,hollowed and watered down version of the initial one.It favours the oil majors.As a matter of fact it was these same IOCs that ensured that one of their own (Diezani) became Petroleum Minister in order to have a strong hand in drafting it.Besides no matter how great the bill is it has to be implemented when it becomes law.If it is not followed,it is as good as there being no law.Or have you forgotten that Nigeria has laws in the criminal and penal codes that criminalize If so,why do Nigerians continue to steal like there's no tomorrow.!

The original bill was not marketed well enough or maybe was not good enough. The whole Incorporated JVs issue was not properly clarified - so Pengassan and the IOCs were against it.. The new bill is not perfect but a step in the right direction- NNPC needs to be broken up.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by Reference(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2012
TroGunn: Nice one. And people, a little positivity won't kill you. The minimum wage was implemented by FG, only state govts messing around with it. Also local content bill is really helping Nigerian companies in the oil and gas industry- insiders know this, though not perfect but better than before.

If only GEJ would privatise power, allow State Police, scrap the federal road rubbish and send the monies to the states.

Couldn't have said it better. Particularly like the roads thing. Every road lies with a state boundary. The Federal government should not be doing roads but through a regulatory agency ensure proper standards and guarantee connectivity.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill: FEC Approves Bill, Sends To NASS by tork(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2012
I have long being waiting for this bill, I think this is the beginning of a new thing in my life. THANK GOD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does Igbo People Hate Buhari Administration?- A Call For Unity / Declaration Of Public Holiday In Port Harcourt Today And Tomorrow / Viral Photos Of El-rufai's Son In Compromising Situations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.