Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,230 members, 7,880,872 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older (17083 Views)

How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / Can You Tell If A Girl Is Going To Get Fat When She Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by DammyFx: 4:23am On Jul 13, 2012
The Age difference between the both of you will only make the relationship Stronger And Better..
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by davidrichard22(m): 4:26am On Jul 13, 2012
[quote author=Mrs.Chima]Okay....what do you want Nairaland to do? I need job
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Burrito(f): 4:44am On Jul 13, 2012
Policewoman: I would NEVER allow my son to marry his mate not to talk of someone older. Women age faster. Thats a fact.

I hope you raise your son to be wise, independent and MAN enough to make his own decisions. Then when he holds his ground against your frivolous reasoning, i'd like to know how you would FORCE him to do anything

3 Likes

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Sagamite(m): 4:44am On Jul 13, 2012
DammyFx: The Age difference between the both of you will only make the relationship Stronger And Better..

Huh?

Why do some of you people just open your mouth and just vomit illogical shyt? undecided

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by antitpiah: 5:03am On Jul 13, 2012
Sagamite:

Huh?

Why do some of you people just open your mouth and just vomit illogical shyt? undecided

Because illogical shyt is what they teach us at Bristol, instead of teaching us real grammarz

ODe oshi!
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by EXCELLENCEAbia: 5:04am On Jul 13, 2012
age na number beside when marriage of a thing starts no age where mention unless u re lookin for a strategy to...........(i no say any thing)
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Sagamite(m): 5:07am On Jul 13, 2012
antitpiah:

Because illogical shyt is what they teach us at Bristol, instead of teaching us real grammarz

ODe oshi!

person, so what do they teach you at community college?

Frustration and trolling? grin
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by djeezy(m): 5:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Eminentsam: I began to develop feelings for her when i noticed her in my church and i started considering her for marriage but on approachin and drawing closer to her i discovered she is abt 2 yrs older than me but stil looks very young like d same age or even younger than me and i hav proposed to her already pls advice me bc i realy like her and am an only son.
In this case, the age doesn't really matter. You should look beyond that. You affirmed that you love her and that she looks younger and that looks pretty cool to me. Now 2yrs is not a huge dissimiltude as long as she respects and love you as the man.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by antitpiah: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2012
Sagamite:

They teach me how to study hard so I wouldnt end up at Bristol. cool
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Eminentsam: I began to develop feelings for her when i noticed her in my church and i started considering her for marriage but on approachin and drawing closer to her i discovered she is abt 2 yrs older than me but stil looks very young like d same age or even younger than me and i hav proposed to her already pls advice me bc i realy like her and am an only son.

Brace yourself, I am about to hit you real hard!

You are a monumental disgrace to the league of *only sons*! It is also indicative that there are so many other things you do not know about her as well. angry

Retrace your steps. Do not marry her! Forget all these *churchy babes. If you do not show some level of doggedness in your approach to such matters, then you are doomed!
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Aringon(m): 7:28am On Jul 13, 2012
@Eminentsam,

My Uncle is married to a woman older than him and they hv been married for the past 25yrs and no wahala, so go ahead and marry her and don't give excuses of age here cos it dosent affect your love for her. It just for her to respect u no matter the diff in age and u will livve happily after ok.

Don't put the young lady in emotional turmoil
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by ireke(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2012
SMH... I wonder what people know about people they want to marry. How can you propose to marry a woman when you don't even know her age. What did you kow about her then? Everybody wants a good marriage but we hardly do the works or lay the foundation for one.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by vanstanzy(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2012
Different strokes for diff. folks. I once seized dating a lady i would have loved to marry ever since i found out she was older, but lied to me initially of being younger than i am. I never wanted to marry one older than i am, right from childhood. But my brother on the other hand didn't care about such, and that informed his choice of marriage. As he married one older than him, and all is well.
So poster if u love her and are disposed to her character, go for her. BEST OF LUCK!
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by mrperfect(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2012
That isn't a problem.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by MacLovington(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2012

@ Poster,
Your information is incomplete:

(1) How old are both of you?

If you're both in your 20s or under 38, I can't see any problem. Reason is as an only son, I assume you want to have kids to preserve family name. If she's 51 and you are 49, I would say no.

(2) Is there anything about her character that bothers you right now e.g:
Does she overrule your decisions because she thinks she's older and wiser?
Does she not give you enough respect and regard or you fear such might happen later?

If 1 & 2 above don't apply but you're just worried about what people will say or you're just inhibited by tradition, go ahead and wed.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Phrankin(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2012
Eminentsam: Pls nairalander help with ur sincere advice not tragecomic one.she finishd high school 4 yrs b4 me bt at a very tender age while mine was at older age
Dumb! dumber!! dumbest!!! Go and read your books, stop thinking of marriage at this age till you're mature to think like a man. Now thats my advice.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by deshclones(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2012
antitpiah:

They teach me how to study hard so I wouldnt end up at Bristol. cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by georgesylva(m): 8:05am On Jul 13, 2012
Bro personally i would have love 2 say, jump down 3rd mainland bridge but cos this is a real issue, i hold my peace.
4 goodness sake the questns 2 ask urself are
Am i in love with her?
Can i really prove she loves me?
Is she the type 2 settle down with? E.t.c
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Wabiazo(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2012
Eminentsam: Pls nairalander help with ur sincere advice not tragecomic one.she finishd high school 4 yrs b4 me bt at a very tender age while mine was at older age
What is her real age? that ll help us more in giving u proper advise
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Timtoke: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2012
Ma man.age does nt matter in a relationship
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Phrankin(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2012
berem: Age is nothing but a number.the age difference isn't much! Abi u want make she tell u her football age? Abeg go put a ring on that finger joor!
and reduce the competition.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by judeicy(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2012
[url][/url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/men_shealth/5426895/Men-live-longer-if-they-marry-a-younger-woman.html

A man's chances of dying early are cut by a fifth if their bride is between 15 and 17 years their junior.

The risk of premature death is reduced by 11 per cent if they marry a woman seven to nine years younger.

The study at Germany's Max Planck Institute also found that men marrying older women are more likely to die early.

The results suggest that women do not experience the same benefits of marrying a toy boy or a sugar daddy.

Wives with husbands older or younger by between seven and nine years increase their chances of dying early by 20 per cent.

This rises to 30 per cent if the age difference is close to 15 and 17 years.

Scientists say the figures for men may be the result of natural selection – that only the healthiest, most successful older men are able to attract younger mates.

"Another theory is that a younger woman will care for a man better and therefore he will live longer," said institute spokesman Sven Drefahl.

The study examined deaths between 1990 and 2005 for the entire population of Denmark.

On average in Europe, most men marry women around three years younger.

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Azidogen2: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2012
YOUR BRAIN DEY INSIDE YOUR BIG BELLY. Yo just be mumu.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by sunnix: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2012
My guy, to give you my candid advice, age does not really matter in a relationship,you are only saying this because she opened up to you. Most girls/ladies will never tell you their age , you know they always cliam to be younger all the times. So please go ahead if you guys are compatible and love it urselves.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by richeyy(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Why did you approach and propose to her in the first place? If your love is genuine, a 2 years gap in age should not be an issue. Love and understanding is what counts! As it is now, I don't mind get married to a 70 year old lady from Jupiter. Lolzz
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by eastman11: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Have you bleeped her? do you enjoy doing it with her? does she enjoy it? is she less than 40yrs? does she respect you? do you respect her? do you enjoy her company as much as she enjoys yours?
If the answer to these is yes, then go ahead and marry her otherwise back-off.

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by amaba: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Young man u would have known her age before proposing. why d rush.
anyways if u strongly believe she has d qualities you want in a wife kindly go ahead
age is nothing but number.
goodluck man

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Jettage: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2012
http://africanissuestoday./2011/08/04/i-will-marry-tomorrow-2/

I will marry tomorrow
My wedding is tomorrow!
Foul, these vain desires;
Blame it on me.
Maybe tomorrow
To the altar’s oath.
Like many,
We shall walk the aisle.
I, grinning in my genteel gaunt beside blanched ebony.

I will this honour bequeath my beloved tomorrow.

Tomorrow,

The lure of untainted flower,

Its sweet perfume encased in a whorl.

Alas! That which I await is scarce.
This memory will be banished tomorrow.

Tomorrow ,

I must satisfy her.
My labour waits for her belly:
The weary days
The sun

The rains of my struggles
Bear fruit tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

She said, “I will come tomorrow”
Her many delays must end tomorrow
‘cos her quest for vanities are fully spent.
Our wedding shall be tomorrow.

Tomorrow,

Her lust shall be feted
Her feathers of courtship plucked!
The downs, I know, shall be not be rubied
But tomorrow we shall deceitfully walk to the altar.

Tomorrow.
I bid you, wait till tomorrow.
She goes home now to break her bond
With him that was in her dreams only yesterday.

I, shall wait till tomorrow

To make her drink from her fountain of lust.
Her secret desire of a ride to a far country
On her lover’s back, a wish not penny can grant.

Tomorrow.
I must nurture the wounds and scars of another
And regret I never made the first cut.
Yet, she must do it again as before.
But we shall start tomorrow.

Tomorrow
She shall dance like a maiden untouched;
All her lovers in the pew,
Mocking my folly with unspoken memories of their voyages
And I, a victim of blemished womanhood,
Ready to fool the world in “unholy matrimony.”

Tomorrow,
When she parades foolishness for fashion

Then, call her not my wife.
When she fights on the street in rage and fury
Oh, call her not my wife.
When she slips into darkness to drink from the cup of a rival
Please, call her not my wife.
When the stench of her reputation chokes the neighbourhood
Then, remember her not as my wife.
When she regales her mates with tall tales to my hurt
Please, call her not my wife,
When she wraps herself in fineries yet uglier than a mummy
Please, call her not my wife,
When godliness is exited and the fear of God abolished
Please, call her not my wife
Think no shame on me
Then, when she becomes a Matron over innocent children.

But,
I must marry

Tomorrow

Be it for a day before I die.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Oluesther(f): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Okay....what do you want Nairaland to do?

He wants Nairaland to advice him, whether he should go ahead with the marriage or not.

My advice is you should marry her if you really love her, if you feel she will be submissive to you, and if her age is not a threat to you.

Age does not really matter. What matters is people's perception of life.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Sagamite:

Dear Cretin Police,
CRETIN ALERT!! I repeat - CRETIN ALERT!!
I think you need to view this thread. Too many cretins for you to "arrest".... smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/988220/rita-dominic-turns-37-today
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by McCoded007(m): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
My grlfrnd z 5yrs older dan i am..but u'l neva knw cos we undrstnd each other n respect each other as well....n nothing seems to be diffrnt ever since we both knew...so wat d keck r u tlkng bout...with jst 2 yrs n u r sayngs dis...well ma advice 4 u z..age haz nofin 2 do with luv..it only deepends on how u guys understnd each other...chikena....except if one of u z havng som other thing in mind
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by BeraBera(f): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
@OP: pls go ahead and marry her. Age is just a number. Afterall u said she looks younger than her age. As long as she would respect u as d head of d house there's no problem @ all. Or would u prefer marrying a younger person who would give u problems?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Topic! / How Do You Approach A Girl You Don't Know And Impress Her / Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.