Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,308 members, 7,943,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead (20185 Views)

No Presidential Aspirants Measures Up To Jonathan - Prof Yusuf Obaje / The Attah Of Igala Dr Aliyu Obaje Is Dead At The Age Of 102 Years / Attah Of Igala, Alhaji Aliyu Obaje, Dies At 102 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Doctorflaky(f): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2012
To Igala people.... Agba oooo, Naago. ojo chateko we chaka. Ojo deyun we chaka. Naago
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Cyberconnect12: 9:19am On Jul 17, 2012
olulove: mod front page pls...this is one
of nigeria's prominent monarch
of the igala kingdom for over
55yrs...ALHAJI (DR). ALIYU
OBAJE...AGABA IDU...may is soul
rest in peace
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Baawaa(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2012
Why and who kill this man I hope is not witch and wizard kill this man May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by agog: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2012
Adagba1: na Maulag now abi you don forget now now.
na wa o
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by engrj(m): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2012
Which of the university? de former unilag or?
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Ajengogo(m): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2012
idu kpala ny'omi!
eju b'eju ayilo!
akabale ki a ch'abale!
ojiji ogbekwu gbekwu!
Attah ododo!
The only king that came out to confront the Biafran fighter plane during the civil war!
The most educated and highly enlightened amongst the kings of his time!
Adieu His Royal Higness, Agaba Idu. You have fought a good fight and passed the baton on to a worthy successor. Rest in peace as we continue to propagate your message of unity across the globe. We are proud of your accomplishments. Good bye!
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Adagba1: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ajengogo: idu kpala ny'omi!
eju b'eju ayilo!
akabale ki a ch'abale!
ojiji ogbekwu gbekwu!
Attah ododo!
The only king that came out to confront the Biafran fighter plane during the civil war!
Adieu His Royal Higness, Agaba Idu. You have fought a good fight and passed the baton on to a worthy successor. Rest in peace as we continue to propagate your message of unity across the globe. We are proud of your accomplishments. Good bye!

Oma Igala eche ochochi.

1 Like

Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
vinibabe: . AGABA IDU is for OCI'IDOMA that is the traditional Chief of Idoma, like ATTA IGAlA

Now I am confused; Seems like Idoma,Igbo and Igala has more in common than they actually know. Well Vinibabe,aletheia thinks differently. He thinks is an Igala expression for " Great lion" while I think its an Igbo expression for "a great man" or " great masqurade" so you tell me what "Agaba Idu" means in Idoma language. Thanks dear.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
Revolva: Rest in peace attah. Read more here http://africanspotlight.com/2012/07/attah-of-igala-and-chancellor-university-of-lagos-dies/

Me olu le attah agaba idu proudly igala and shame to anyone that does not know about the great attah because he kept him self from politics and the word agaba idu can be also used by the northern igbos that is to show you that igbos from that area have igala origin especially aguleri community in anambra

My he the AGABA IDU rest in most peaceful bossom of our God. But dude,the Agulueri you mentioned are children of Eri and Nri i much more older than Igala so how can you say you are older than your papa?? There is no doubt in my mind that we the Nri are related to Igala but we are yet to come about when and how that occured. Most Anambra,Delta Igbo,parts of Idoma and Igala lands are the offsprings of Nri Enwelana which a son of Eri.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
MacLovington: .

I am not Ibo but I know that Ika people refer to Bini/Edo as Idu. Parts of Yoruba land also refer to Bini as Ado.

I would be interesting to know how these words "Idu and Ado" originated.

But this being Nairaland, the whole thing will soon degenerate into a fight for tribal supremacy.

Very interesting. An Igala guy I conversed with earlier told me " Idu" means lion and now this is my first time of hearing Bini was called " Ado n' Idu" which is what Onicha are affectionatelly. And there are two words in that phrase " Ado n' Idu" which depicts two different thing. Meaning "Ado" means something and ""Idu" another. I will like to know what "Idu" and " Ado" mean in Bini.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by bamuhanya: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
redcliff:

Pack this ur allah shit and leave this thread. U go tell me who send u make u pray for am.

^^^^^You have reached the climax of stupidity. E dey vex you witch.Why should he not pray for him.Abi you think this is some well-keep with beer parlour drinking going round.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
eju b'eju ayilo!
akabale ki a ch'abale!
ojiji ogbekwu gbekwu!
Attah ododo!

So,the atta igala achieved greatness by confronting Biafrian fighter plane. Always wanna start war when there is none. You know Igbo are still saddened by the genocide carried out on them by your Nigerian armies yet you come here to make mockery of that? I will advice you to curb you tongue for the best interest of you and your tribes men.

Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by bamuhanya: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
Dr. Wise:
RIP the great Chancellor of Unilag.

May Allah(piss be unto him) SWA receive you into his kingdom (if there's any)

I use to love the chunk of gold on your neck during your convocation outing though you struck me like a deity.

^^^^Learn to respect others and mind how you utter such senseless words,cause they may come back to you.Fool!!!
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by StaceyBanks(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
meksroland: Only now that he's dead that I know that there is Ata Igalla. What has he contributed to naija after the war
are u an igala? If ur not, then u must be a mugu grin to come here and start commenting anyhow.
He has done alot 4 d igala people. And since we the igalas are nigerians, he has done good 4 nigeria... M-U-M-U grin
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by bamuhanya: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
May Allah SWA grant you eternal rest and have mercy on you.May Allah SWA place you amongst the righteous (Amin). cry cry cry cry cry RIP in peace Attah of Igala.My heart goes to the family and the good people of Igalaland.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by DoctorAbu(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by omoijoba1: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2012
I used to admire his oratory while delivering speeches during convocation ceremonies in UNILAG in my undergraduate days. As an academic doctor, he lived a life worthy of emulation. May his soul RIP
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by AlhajiPastor: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Where do you guys get this " Agaba Idu" from? I swear its an Igbo word. We always call a great person " Agaba Idu" in Anambra where I come from. Is it also used by Igalas. I know what "Agaba" means but the "Idu" I dont know. I am very curous and needs some explanation. Onicha is also affectionatelly called " Onicha Ado n' Idu".
Must every word come from Ibo? very soon you will say 'Kabiesi' is a word used by your ancestors in Isiala Ngwa and Abakaliki to greet their Igwe...haba, must you always comment?
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
Must every word come from Ibo? very soon you will say 'Kabiesi' is a word used by your ancestors in Isiala Ngwa and Abakaliki to greet their Igwe...haba, must you always comment?

You are uncivil hence I cant converse with you.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by mkoabiola: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
floriana: Igala people are evil anywhere you have more than one of them at work. Like GEJ would say: "I don't give a damn"!
Lol
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Ajengogo(m): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Ajengogo: idu kpala ny'omi!
eju b'eju ayilo!
akabale ki a ch'abale!
ojiji ogbekwu gbekwu!
Attah ododo!

So,the atta igala achieved greatness by confronting Biafrian fighter plane. Always wanna start war when there is none. You know Igbo are still saddened by the genocide carried out on them by your Nigerian armies yet you come here to make mockery of that? I will advice you to curb you tongue for the best interest of you and your tribes men.

I was only praising the gallantry of my ebullient Attah of Igala without any intention of whipping up tribal sentiment. If you ever had a king in your kingdom that has the charisma, the sagacity, the oratory, the awe, etc. that characterised the late Agaba idu; and you failed to praise these attributes, then you must be something else
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Ajengogo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
floriana: Igala people are evil anywhere you have more than one of them at work. Like GEJ would say: "I don't give a damn"!:

A typical Igala person is not a boot-leaker, praise-singer, back-bitter or gossipmonger. A typical Igala person is honest and trustworthy to the core. We don't hesitate in pointing out your weaknesses to your face no matter your status. If that makes us evil, then so be it.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ajengogo:

I was only praising the gallantry of my ebullient Attah of Igala without any intention of whipping up tribal sentiment. If you ever had a king in your kingdom that has the charisma, the sagacity, the oratory, the awe, etc. that characterised the late Agaba idu; and you failed to praise these attributes, then you must be something else

Abeegi go sidown; You make sound as if Igala defeated Biafra or that Igala as insignificant as they are can stand close the Igbos! Later now you will be crying you are being oppressed because you are minority! Dont start what you cant finish !
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by ektbear: 12:46am On Jul 18, 2012
shegzy4luv: I can't imagine wen we shall start having goodnews in dis country,anytime i log in,all i always see is death news,bombings,gun attack,plane crash,tanker explosions,robbery,kidnapping,money ritual,raping etc all in NIGERIA.I NEED GOODNEWS PLS.

So. You were expecting a 102 year old man never to die? grin
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by MOBBDEEP: 8:01am On Jul 18, 2012
phildon: Crap! What xactly do they do? Sit on tall chair n face loyalists? Mtcheeeew!

Sir, you are actually right.
The authority of the Traditional-Rulers has been questioned & its being reduced daily in this modern age.
Their office has been reduced to mainly performing ceremonial functions since modern day politics & goverment have cleverly taken over the legislative, executive & judiciary organs/arms of the State, which were actually theirs before the herald of the Military Rule & the Republics.
Being that as it may, you still find that some of the successful & highly educated Trad rulers are more able to touch so many lives because of the platform the kingship affords them.
Also, they still find their usefulness in the Machiavellian-politics of Modern day, especially for the incumbent governments of the cities or states where traditions held strong e.g Lagos, Edo, Sokoto, Anambra, Osun, Oyo, Imo etc
In my opinion, their office should actually be scrapped because of its redundancy, duplication of organ of government & unnecessary wastage of Public fund.
But some people hold second thought & think otherwise.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Revolva(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Now I am confused; Seems like Idoma,Igbo and Igala has more in common than they actually know. Well Vinibabe,aletheia thinks differently. He thinks is an Igala expression for " Great lion" while I think its an Igbo expression for "a great man" or " great masqurade" so you tell me what "Agaba Idu" means in Idoma language. Thanks dear.

Yeah now you see bro and I even heard that the attah of igala's mum is igbo, every igbo man should try know much about his fellow brother the igalas and idomas are you closest brother don't look as if regional shift and politics has made everty thing changed where am from in igalaland we and igbos share so much in common the way we do things you will think we are igbos but we speak igala ok this is due to the fact we share very close borders to anambra and do you guy know that the attah was the very first to be a muslim and the longest reigning monarch in Nigeria -
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by jaybim: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2012
torkaka: R.i.p Attah igala!
for those of you being sarcastic saying you don't know him, SHAME ON YOU!
you don't know him because he kept himself out of govt circles,avoided controversies,avoided unnecessary media attention and didn't juice from the national fruit!
dude park well joor... D man has been out of political circles lately cos he's been feeble wit age... Didnt he flirt wit audu durin d later's term as governor? Dont come here n paint him like a saint.. N wat has he really done EVEN in igala land? Do try to b objective n without prejudice. Besides must we all know him? Do u want to compare him wit d likes of Alaafin of oyo or d oba o benin or ooni of ife? Igalas always want to sound like their tribe is mega, u r still a minority, know dat.
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Revolva(m): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2012
jaybim:
dude park well joor... D man has been out of political circles lately cos he's been feeble wit age... Didnt he flirt wit audu durin d later's term as governor? Dont come here n paint him like a saint.. N wat has he really done EVEN in igala land? Do try to b objective n without prejudice. Besides must we all know him? Do u want to compare him wit d likes of Alaafin of oyo or d oba o benin or ooni of ife? Igalas always want to sound like their tribe is mega, u r still a minority, know dat.

Mr man what's ya wahala with what he has done in igala land are you living there or an igalan so why will you know more then the indigenes -before he slept he is the longest living monarch in Nigeria and the most educated ok amongst . Who cares about minority or majority that won't take you anywhere pls read dis

https://www.nairaland.com/993235/igala-nation-prominent-pre-colonial-nigerian-entity
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by Ajengogo(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Abeegi go sidown; You make sound as if Igala defeated Biafra or that Igala as insignificant as they are can stand close the Igbos! Later now you will be crying you are being oppressed because you are minority! Dont start what you cant finish !

Pls go hug transformer for all I care. Biafra was doomed to defeat any time any day. Just get that into your empty skull. As for your reference to Igala as insignificant, let me educate you that Igala land in particular, and Kogi state in general has provided more means of livelihood to your normadic ibo folks than the entire igbo land has ever provided for my Igala folks. In other words, our spirit of accommodation has made your people feel more at ease/home in our kingdom than in their so called ancestral igbo land. Yet you sit in one corner of your joint to refer to us as insignificant? My guy, don't ever bite the finger that feeds you. Ok?
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by jaybim: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2012
eju b'eju ayilo!
akabale ki a ch'abale!
ojiji ogbekwu gbekwu!
Attah ododo!

Has a successor been named already?
Re: Attah Igala (Aliyu Obaje) Is Dead by aletheia(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

^
This paper highlights some of the linkages between Igala and Igbo. It may help your research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full List Of All The States That Shared N388.304 Billion / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] / A Comparison Between APC Vs PDP Inaugural State Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.