Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,350 members, 7,978,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:33 PM

Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade (1284 Views)

SHOCKING!.. Manchester United Striker, Wayne Rooney Lays Out Wwe's Wade Barrett / Heat(lebron,bosch, Wade) Vs Knicks(lin). / Kobe Or Wade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by Ameh2(m): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2007
tracy mcgrady & dwane wade whoo plays better

Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by ochocinco1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2007
A tough one. . .but I am going to have to go for T Mac. . .

Simply because he has range. . .can take the ball inside and can shoot the three consistently.

D Wade on the other hand is much more of a mid range guy. . .
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by maden9ja(m): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2007
Tmac and Dwade, hmmmm

WEll from a one on one perspective, I'd go with Tmac,

But when I'd rather have Dwade as a teammate cos he's a better playmaker and he's shown that he can take over in the playoffs,
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by OEPHIUS(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2007
T-mac is the better if you look at it from the point of long time consistency but right now wade is better
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by WadeFTW: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2007
Wade:
Finals MVP
Ring
Proven Champion
SI Sportsman OF The Year

T-Mac:
Choker and Underacheiver
0 rings in 12 seasons

I'll take Wade
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by OEPHIUS(m): 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2007
since we are on comparism who is the better sixth man ginogili or barbosa
personally i will give you my reply later
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by WadeFTW: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2007
OEPHIUS:

since we are on comparism who is the better sixth man ginogili or barbosa
personally i will give you my reply later

Before I comment, I just want to let you guys know I possess far greater knowledge of the game than anyone on here.

To answer your question, Barbosa isn't even in Ginobli stratosphere. Manu Ginobli is arguably the best SG this year. He leads the league in Player Efficiency Ratings among SGs this year (including Kobe)
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by OEPHIUS(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2007
Before I comment, I just want to let you guys know I possess far greater knowledge of the game than anyone on here.

boaster save it for someone who cares
i am not talking about the best SG but hte better sixth man and if you know a lot about the game like you claim then you will know the meaning of sixth man
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by maden9ja(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2007
Wade FTW,

what does FTW mean, I bet it means Wade For The Win, tell me i'm wrong

But Oephius, pardon him, I like meeting pple with confidence,

Hopefully as time goes by, we'll make him eat his words,

But anyways abt the sixth man, Yes Ginobili is good, bla bla bla, But I personally prefer Barbosa, cos Ginobli is a dirty player, he likes to flop at the time, u knw the refs and Comm ish Stern are all biased in Spurs's favor (Re: last yr playoffs; west. semi finals), and the Spurs are the most boring team in the world,

So there u have it,
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by WadeFTW: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2007
made.n.9ja:

Wade FTW,

But anyways about the sixth man, Yes Ginobili is good, bla bla bla, But I personally prefer Barbosa, because Ginobli is a dirty player, he likes to flop at the time, u knw the refs and Comm ish Stern are all biased in Spurs's favor (Re: last yr playoffs; west. semi finals), and the Spurs are the most boring team in the world,

So there u have it,

Just another reason why Manu is better than Barbosa.

Lets look at the facts. Lets look at the numbers.

Something you might want to look at. Here are some advanced statistics using ABPR metrics from 82games.com Each player's +/- (impact on the team when they are on or off the floor).

First, Manu

http://www.82games.com/0708/07SAS3D.HTM

Then, Barbosa.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07PHO3D.HTM

As you can see from that, Manu actually seems to be a bigger influence on the offensive side. On offense Barbosa per 100 possessions has a 3.2 NET loss. That means that Barbosa actually makes his team worse offensively when he's on the court. Manu per 100 possessions has a 10.5 NET gain. That's a difference of 13.7.

Looking at those stats, I prefer Manu.

Barbosa is only faster. . .other than that, it's not really close. You may call Manu a flopper, but he's still twice the defender as Barbosa. Here's some proof by using the same system:

Manu on defense with a NET loss of 8.1 as compared to 1.9 NET loss for Barbosa. This means that Spurs allow 8.1 less points (per 100 possessions) w/ Manu on the court while Phoenix only allow 1.9 less.

Some real OWNAGE right there
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by A40(m): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2007
First T-mac and Wade and now its Barbosa and Ginobili you guys are really funny.Well till T-Mac comes up with a ring and final MVP i dont think theres anything to compare
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by WadeFTW: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
A-40:

First T-mac and Wade and now its Barbosa and Ginobili you guys are really funny.Well till T-Mac comes up with a ring and final MVP i don't think theres anything to compare

CO-SIGN THIS POST
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by A40(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2007
roflmao
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by OEPHIUS(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2007
@wade ftw can you please post without givin us some link you got from your neigbour the question is by watching the both of them what do you think mr know all keep your stats to yourself

I did say i will comment later i prefer ginobili cos i think the only thing barbosa has going for him is speed manu on the other hand is a better all round player i mean you do not become one of the magic three of spurs by jazz (juju not utah)
and you say ginobili is dirty try kobe he makes the contact before shooting to get the chance of a three point play
another comparism whose fuse is shorter rasheed or ben wallace
my vote is rasheed too many technicals
Re: Tracy Mcgrady/ Dwane Wade by WadeFTW: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2007
OEPHIUS:

@wade ftw can you please post without givin us some link you got from your neigbour the question is by watching the both of them what do you think mr know all keep your stats to yourself

I did say i will comment later i prefer ginobili because i think the only thing barbosa has going for him is speed manu on the other hand is a better all round player i mean you do not become one of the magic three of spurs by jazz (juju not utah)
and you say ginobili is dirty try kobe he makes the contact before shooting to get the chance of a three point play
another comparism whose fuse is shorter rasheed or ben wallace
my vote is rasheed too many technicals
You're an idiot. I'm actually posting subjective and factual evidence on why I believe Ginobli is better and you're telling me that those stats are not legit? On top of it all, you want me to give you an opinionated view on why Ginobli is better and you're also questioning the credibility of my link, hence the site 82games.com. 82games is one of the most accurate and credible NBA sites and in most cases those sabermetrics are right on.

Even if you look at the comparison of Ginobli vs Barbosa at face value, there's no explanation needed why Ginobli is obviously the superior player.

Real NBA fans know that "Barbosa" and "Ginobli" shouldn't appear in the same sentence.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Hottest Finisher In The English Premier League? / Mikel Obi Sets To Wed His Russian Girl Friend / Big Snake Killed At Warri Wolves Fc Camp - This Evening (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.