Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,888 members, 7,966,320 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:33 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community (25343 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Again / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / Enugu Community Decries Arrest Of 76 Villagers After Feud With Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by honeric01(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: let's go to the essential i have never killed a human being .and i wish i would never.....now i'm a semi troll ....calm down i was just trolling...but tell your guys to respect their hosts....and they would have a deal.....sorry for the insults....i wanted a reaction...peace

You are learning very fast..

Go and sin no more as your siggy says.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by FSU: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
rabzy01:
Please if you get nothing upstairs to say, spear us the space. Isn't it time to go to school?

You better write in Fulani language. Bloody cowish illiterate.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by oluchijud(f): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
namfav: dumb dumb dumb people from enugu, and i thought enugu was a good place, who are they to decide that any cow cannot walk on their land? who does nigeria belong to? klling innnocent people do they think their won't be a reaction? they have to wait
.. NamFart av u always bn ds stupid or are u making a special effort @ stupidity 2day?.. Someone shld come wrecking d house ur dad built n we'll all ask,''hu are u 2 decide wat happens 2 ur aws? Hu does d land where ur house was built belong 2?.. Isnt it nigeria's property?.. Bloody educated-dunce!!..mtcheeeew
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by oluchijud(f): 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
FSU:

You better write in Fulani language. Bloody cowish illiterate.
..lol. He pro'lly lives by d ''spear''...so u wldnt blame hm if his world is centerd arnd it. I wonder y his parents are stil wasting resources on hm.. I'd rada train a cat wt it dan send hm 2 skul if i were hs parents
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by murtalaa(m): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nigerians are one of the most hypocritical set of human beings in the world. You sit on your Behind and enjoy a comfortable plate of pepper soup and forget how it got to your table. Why must you always resort to hate mongering when anything concerns hausa and fulani. You cant even differenciate between the two cultures but you tar them with the same hate filled brush. Fulani nomads clash with hausa farmers on daily basis up north but we dont resort to hate induced violence. Some of these cases are settled in courts, some at police stations, village heads and some on the street just like most civil or criminal cases. Now let me educate you a little bit. Hausa and fulani are two dinstict cultures with two very dinstintive languages. Majority of Fulani people understand and speak hausa because hausa dominate any other language in the north. Thats why berom, kanuri, igala, nupe, idoma and fulani people speaks and understand hausa. A hausa man on the other hand does understand fulani language or nupe or kanuri for that matter.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Forester45(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
T-smooth:
From now on no more meat to south, no more suya for u people. Gosh Igbo people are wicked, how can u killed a defenceless, harmless fulani man just to steal his cows? but i no blame una, I blame Ojukwu. Awon oloshi!
Why do u reason like a fool? Do u nw how many times they have been warned? U sentimental element. U cant even see how d fulani are causing problem in Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Abagworo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
Just like I have always maintained, the Federal Government should create cattle grazing zone across the country because this will continue to happen. The Fulani culture values the cow above crops and regards the crops as God's gift for cow grazing. They don't intentionally destroy peoples farms but just lack the understanding about crops. FG should act fast on this as both the crops and meat are needed for our livelihood.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Obiagu1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
All these problems are caused by our government's inaction. sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Obiagu1: All these problems are caused by our government's inaction. sad

I can see a marked improvement in you so i would attempt to engage you.

I think its the govt that should take action not the citizen. Cos ok If you kill Fulanis, definitely you don't expect them to go home and not do anything

They would come back for revenge(Think to Plateau issues attack and counterattack)

Fulanis are warlike and can lose 1,000 ppl, let me ask Can Igbos for example afford to lose just 100-200 ppl as collateral damage?)

But when the govt through the army or Police take the necesary action, there wont be need for reprisal or counterattacks.

There is no bravery in fighting a mad man who has nothing to lose. Its the Igbos, beroms, yorubas etc who want peace in their land, Fulanis are ok with chaos and weekly bloodshed

Think about it
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by igboboy1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
dayokanu:

I think its the govt that should take action not the citizen. Cos ok If you kill Fulanis, definitely you don't expect them to go home and not do anything

They would come back for revenge(Think to Plateau issues attack and counterattack)

Fulanis are warlike and can lose 1,000 ppl, let me ask Can Igbos for example afford to lose just 100-200 ppl as collateral damage?)

But when the govt through the army or Police take the necesary action, there wont be need for reprisal or counterattacks.

There is no bravery in fighting a mad man who has nothing to lose. Its the Igbos, beroms, yorubas etc who want peace in their land, Fulanis are ok with chaos and weekly bloodshed

Think about it

Let me respond to the bold part of your comment with no ethnic sentiment courtesy of Ileke idi...

But your question funny sha...I know i talk thrash so do you on a weekly basis on NL, but there is a difference between words and Facts...

Words: Other wise known as rhetoric is what some people in Nigeria resort to when they feel pressured, thinking their enemies will be afraid

Fact: It is on record that Igbos are the only ethnic group in Nigeria to fight a war against the whole country for close to 3 years.

You talk about collateral damage. I think this is a question reserved for other part of Nigeria, perhaps your village. YOu shouldn't pose that question to a people who lost all to fight in what they believe in...I mean what bigger collateral loss is there than losing 3m of your people? loosing all you family's wealth (ego, house, business etc)?

Look in the mirror and be honest with yourself dayokanuchukwu biko.....no insults for the next one week. Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
dayokanu:

Think about it

I think this fear of the "BOOGEY" fulani warrior is getting out of hand , are we saying the Fulanis are the only ones licensed to kill while the rest of the Nation especially the Igbos should just fold their hands and smile like some "happy go lucky f00ls"? . Talking about loses , We lost 3million OFFICIALLY (this doesn't count for the people we lost in the pogrom and those that went missing )in the biafran war and well we multiplied more than ten folds . You made mention of "peace in the land" well Sometimes the only way to ensure peace is to use brute force against your enemy something america did right after the Japanese attacked pearl habour and something the jews have done against their neighbouring arab countries . NO ONE HAS THE MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE . The beroms can be intimidated because they are a minority tribe in a very tiny and disputed landscape. The Hausas/Fulanis know better than going against a tribe that stood against the nation + her allies for 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by husmen: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by igboboy1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

I think this fear of the "BOOGEY" fulani warrior is getting out of hand , are we saying the Fulanis are the only ones licensed to kill while the rest of the Nation especially the Igbos should just fold their hands and smile like some "happy go lucky f00ls"? . Talking about loses , We lost 3million OFFICIALLY (this doesn't count for the people we lost in the pogrom and those that went missing )in the biafran war and well we multiplied more than ten folds . You made mention of "peace in the land" well Sometimes the only way to ensure peace is to use brute force against your enemy something america did right after the Japanese attacked pearl habour and something the jews have done against their neighbouring arab countries . NO ONE HAS THE MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE . The beroms can be intimidated because they are a minority tribe in a very tiny and disputed landscape. The Hausas/Fulanis know better than going against a tribe that stood against the nation + her allies for 3 years.

nna hapu ha...Ha si na ha choro ogu nsogbu adiro...k'anyi nowa ogu.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by namfav(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
why insult me?

oluchi jud: .. NamFart av u always bn ds stupid or are u making a special effort @ stupidity 2day?.. Someone shld come wrecking d house ur dad built n we'll all ask,''hu are u 2 decide wat happens 2 ur aws? Hu does d land where ur house was built belong 2?.. Isnt it nigeria's property?.. Bloody educated-dunce!!..mtcheeeew
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Mandelaguy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
honeric01: Everybody propagate hate news against the Fulani because they have no media representation, always claiming the fulani are the ones attacking them even when they intentionally attack the fulani just to part with their cows.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 2 COWS KILLED?

AND THE HERDSMAN KILLED?

I believe they attacked the herdsmen out of hate and also to steal their meat.
You are so blind and biased. Do you know what these cattle readers do to crops? My grandmothers vast farmland had a taste last 4 years. They don't care,they just match the whole shit and their cows feed and match whatever is left. Talking about their cows,that is petty..an Igbo man is not a hungry man and I can proudly as it. In all their years of forage and foray on Igbo soil,how many times were their cows taken or fights ensue? This guys must have hit some angry nerves period!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by namfav(m): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
do you support the victimization, persecution and genocide which we see today against herdsmen?

Crayola1: If namfav represents the average mentality of Fulani people then they truly are callous and cold hearted bunch. Only concerned with their needs others be damned. I will never agree with violence unless in the case of self defence but for you to side with only with the cattle herders speaks to your character.

Nigeria is hard for everyone, both farmer and the people who raise cattle. But to you its ok for someone's cows to eat months sometimes a year plus of work that someone toiled over because you want to basteedize the constitution to agree with your side is a very cold hearted thing. Are the farmers not worthy of pity too? Do you know what they intended to do with those crops? That was someone's grocery money, someone's school fees, someone's hospital expenses, someone's rent money...gone.

Instead of blaming all parties, its the farmers who are struggling just like everyone else to put food on the table that deserves your scorn.

Your attempt to twist the constitution is so pathetic in of itself. Going with your idiotic logic your house and the place you work are free game since no one technically owns property in Nigeria. So post up your address you we can all lay claim to your home, technically the land its on is not yours so by default the house is not yours either.

Your deliberate ignorance and unwillingness to admit that things are not ok with your people will end badly for them. If you think a man is going to let a damn cow chow down on his hard work, you are delusional. Be thankful that average Nigerians do not have access to serious firepower because this is where things are heading.

Instead of finding a solution you are here justifying madness and criminality.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by tribalism(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Great questions.
northerners don't travel, fulanis only move about and due to the nature of their business don't need to buy land, build mighty houses and the rest. so it is clear why notherners don't own properties in the east or west.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by tnktosin(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
similar incident occurred in my community years back -a fulani herdsman grazed his cows on a chief's farm, when he was accosted by his workers he threatened to attack them with his bow and arrow, guess what; he was shot in the head EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by tribalism(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
@Abagworo
do the fulanis eat only meat all their life. they know what they are doing. even if the government provides grazing areas, they will still go beyond it. the truth is that an average fulani is timid and a law braker.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Zeruchi: 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
namfav:
do you support the victimization, persecution and genocide which we see today against herdsmen?

Do you support the killing of innocent men, women, and children all because they wanted to protect what they worked hard for what they produced?

Because if you are honest you would admit that going on to private property and destroying someone's crops is a crime in most societies. In the US a farmer would have total justification for immobilizing a tresspasser, and that is the "evil west".

Does that mean I support the killing of the Fulani cattle herders? No, but they are as guilty as the people who attacked them. Respect people's property and 9 times out of 10 most people will leave you alone.

Do the Fulani ask farmers for permission to graze? Or apologize when their cattle mistakenly eat someone's crops? Try to make ammends? It's amazing how if you appologize for an error on your part people will be more willing to forgive and work with you. If you think it's going to work in reverse where you eat a person's crops and then they are willing to negotiate you are not being serious.

You keep saying that people attack the Fulani herders before they even destroy farmer's crops, but do you honestly think with the way things are going that people will not start to treat Fulani that way in their community? Instead of waiting for them to destroy their crops people will chase them out or even kill them, because that's what the Fulani are becoming known for (destroying property).

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
::Andrew:::
If i may ask, where are the two dead cows grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy exhibits

Hahahahaha! Suya on ur mind abi? But seriously, these Fulani herdsmen shld tred carefully. D main fact that they are transient and passing through another man's land is reason enough for them to behave. Enugu isn't Jos o!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Yujin(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
dayokanu:

Think about it

Dayokanu, some people are not known for cowardice. Heavily armed youths can pursue any aggressor in the forests of the SE. The Berom elders were foolish for not arming their youths. Fulanis have made a name for themselves and so the Igbos.
Alas! Its few minutes before midnight. We can barely wait. @namfav, how is the sky tonight in Katsina?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by EzePromoe: 11:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
namfav: 1. who is attacked every week? do you think people (herdsmen) just wake up and start attacking, the story here suggests that a herdsmen was killed, cows killed which may have enraged are people, any sane man will defend himself in that situation, but the media will only blame one side
2. at the end of the day we are talking about livelihoods, a businessman wants to survive, a herdsman is also trying to survive the legal way, if anyone is complaining that his land is being destroyed you find fences, herdsmen never pass through any place which is fenced, blame your own community, for provoking and not for being considerate

namfav = nama favourite or more or less nama fever. I think you bear this quality.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by ebere1712: 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
If you give a centimeter, they request a mile. This is time for igbo brothers to relocate their investments. Uwazurike has been telling them for a long time and they have refused. Igbo youth corpers should simply not go to any northern state for service, 18000 naira a month is not equals to 1/1000000000 igbo life. Stay at home and work at home.Travel only to places with sane people as citizens. Igbo representatives in this shithole called Nigeria shd make it a priority to refuse this stoopid land use act that these cows have memorized and continuously use as an excuse for trespass and criminal looting of the poor igbo farmer's property. These people should henceforth stop grazing even on public, undeveloped land in alaigbo. They have bit the finger that fed them. If they think they are a super hero tribe, well bring it on. Be ready to fight to the last living thing.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Abagworo(m): 1:05am On Jul 19, 2012
Sometimes I kind of come to terms with some derogatory remarks made against black Africans. We lack that ability to coexist as a result of a brain disorder which only the sane ones like myself do notice. Everything is all about tribe and land to these insane people.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by PhysicsQED(m): 1:23am On Jul 19, 2012
I don't understand how people are insinuating that the Fulani (in this case, one man) are probably victims based on pure conjecture about what was done to them, but haven't engaged in the same amount of speculation about what they may have done to others. Unless one has real details about what started this directly from the police officers that resolved the dispute, people are just going off of wild speculation.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by iykak47: 3:40am On Jul 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Think about it
shocked shocked Is this real, comments about Igbos devoid of insults? Somebody praise the Lord, i say praise the Lord.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by ezeagu(m): 3:45am On Jul 19, 2012
Abagworo: Sometimes I kind of come to terms with some derogatory remarks made against black Africans. We lack that ability to coexist as a result of a brain disorder which only the sane ones like myself do notice. Everything is all about tribe and land to these insane people.

The same throughout the whole world. If you want to give the Fulani grazing lands, have you got any space in your homeland?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by honeric01(m): 4:04am On Jul 19, 2012
Mandelaguy: You are so blind and biased. Do you know what these cattle readers do to crops? My grandmothers vast farmland had a taste last 4 years. They don't care,they just match the whole shit and their cows feed and match whatever is left. Talking about their cows,that is petty..an Igbo man is not a hungry man and I can proudly as it. In all their years of forage and foray on Igbo soil,how many times were their cows taken or fights ensue? This guys must have hit some angry nerves period!

Please how do you tell a cow where to step on and where not to step on?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by honeric01(m): 4:06am On Jul 19, 2012
tribalism: @Abagworo
do the fulanis eat only meat all their life. they know what they are doing. even if the government provides grazing areas, they will still go beyond it. the truth is that an average fulani is timid and a law braker.

Have they provided the grazing areas yet to say they will go beyond it? this your statement proves the hate and the pre-conditioned mindset you have against the herdsmen.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 19, 2012
honeric01:

You are learning very fast..

Go and sin no more as your siggy says.
like i said your fulani cameroonian know their place or we gonna clean them...tribal cleansing is the solution to every ethnicity which don't want to co-exist peacefully with the others....i dislike barbaric methods but it appears that it's the only things you guys understand......facts are there..so instead of beating your chest with things like do you know the history of my ethnicity in terms of violence(there is nothing to be proud in violent/criminal acts) you better educate your people about how to live in the 21st century.otherwise they are heading to an extermination....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 19, 2012
honeric01:

Please how do you tell a cow where to step on and where not to step on?
fences and specific area where your cows will gaze in peace ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Vote For Jonathan Is A Vote For God Says A New PDP Advert On Nta (Picture) / President Buhari Reacts To Tribunal Verdict: I Wasn’t Worried All Along / Fintiri: Edo Is Technically A PDP State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.