Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? (927 Views)

Love Has Rendered Some Girls Useless(good GIRLS GONE BAD) / What To Do When The Girl You Love Has A Boyfriend / Love Has Ruined Me.i Need Urgent Help: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? by evedgreat(f): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2007
MY COUSIN AS IMPUDIATED SO MANY SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP ALL BECAUSE SHE NEEDED A MAN THAT COMES FROM OUR TRIBLE.
EVEN WHEN I KEPT WHISPERING TO HER EYES "THAT LOVE DOES NOT BASE ON RELIGION" BUT SHE NEVER HEED TO MY WORDS, BUT SHE IS 30 YEARS NOW, UPTILL NOW SHE ASN'T FIND THE RIGHT PARTNER OF ARE CHOICE FROM OUR TRIBE, AFTER THE FRITTER TIME.
WHAT IS YOUR ADVISE TO ME FOR HER NOW COS SHE REALLY WANT TO SETTLE DOWN.
Re: Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? by fabiyi: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2007
Hi my dear,

my candid advice to your friend is for her to stop this nonsense issue of tribe, tribe. With level of her education, I believe she needs not to be living in an unnecesaary bondage.

How is she sure that a man from her tribe would give her happiness or will take good care of her if she eventually got one.

Let me share my experience with you. During my youth service in kogi state, I met a lady who was in her final year then and we were deeply in love that we could hardly leave without each other. But during this period, her parents never wanted me for no other reason than I am a Yoruba man while she is an Igala girl. I tried my best to talk to the dad but he remained unchanged. The pressure was soo heavy on the girl that she had no choice than to follow her parents advice despite my state. They eventually succeded in getting her a guy and they cutted for some months before the guy started treating the chicks like a slave and eventually dumped her.
Now the babe has finished her youth service for a year now and ripe for marriage. One day, she sent me a text reads, " I have not been myself since all this while, would I leave a fulfilled, complete and peaceful life if I did not share my life with you? I have lost appetite on this." To the glory of God I am ok now with my bank job. Though, I still like this babe but and but, we can't just get marry again because if she could leave me for another man despite she claimed to love me, I am of the opinion that if giving a second chance, the worst is looming. Or would her parents be happy with our marriage?

On a final note,please let your friend borrow a lid from my experience as God is love and love neither come from man nor from any tribe. let her seek the face of God for a good husband because marriage is far and far more than that.

cheers!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? by fabiyi: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2007
Hi my dear,

my candid advice to your friend is for her to stop this nonsense issue of tribe, tribe. With  level of her education, I believe she needs not to be living in an unnecesaary bondage.

How is she sure that a man from her tribe would give her happiness or will take good care of her if she eventually got one.

Let me share my experience with you. During my youth service in kogi state, I met a lady who was in her final year then and we were deeply in love that we could hardly leave without each other. But during this period, her parents never wanted me for no other reason than I am a Yoruba man while she is an Igala girl. I tried my best to talk to the dad but he remained unchanged. The pressure was soo heavy on the girl that she had no choice than to follow her parents advice despite my state. They eventually succeded in getting her a guy and they cutted for some months before the guy started treating the chicks like a slave and eventually dumped her.
Now the babe has finished her youth service for a year now and ripe for marriage. One day, she sent me a text reads, " I have not been myself since all this while, would I leave a fulfilled, complete and peaceful life if I did not share my life with you? I have lost appetite on this."  To the glory of God I am ok now with my bank job. Though, I still like this babe but and but, we can't just get marry again because if she could leave me for another man despite she claimed to love me, I am of the opinion that if giving a second chance, the worst is looming. Or would her parents be happy with our marriage?

On a final note,please let your friend borrow a lid from my experience as God is love and love neither come from man nor from any tribe. let her seek the face of God for a good husband because marriage is far and far more than that.

cheers!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? by jkpretty(f): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
Religion can break the deepest love felt by two people. & at the same time It might not just mean a thing to the two people involved. What matters is the attention both parties pay to their "religion" in quote.

It only depends on what matters to u the most, "ur religion" or "the love of ur life".
Re: Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2007
i see no problem marrying from a different tribe.
but religion, if you can cope with the differences, then go ahead.
Re: Dose Love Has Anything To Do With Religion? by Bblak(f): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2007
Absolutely Not.Love conquers barrier.
ThoniaSlim:

but religion, if you can cope with the differences, then go ahead.
Exactly cool.But not always easy. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Ideal Gift For The Season? / Worst Break Up Lines Ever / Could This Be Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.