Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,689 members, 7,911,882 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:25 PM

Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice (3689 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / Ghanaian Men Are So Nice♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Ngodigha: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop hating it's not good for your health ..take example on CAMEROON cool cool say no to TRIBALISM smiley cool cool
There is no element of hatred on my post but the truth has to be told. I look forward to a time when muslims of Yoruba nation will quit this moronic idea of having numerous wives and many children who are underfed.
This their attitude brings disgrace to yorubaland.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by YorubaOmoge: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ngodigha:
There is no element of hatred on my post but the truth has to be told. I look forward to a time when muslims of Yoruba nation will quit this moronic idea of having numerous wives and many children who are underfed.

tibalistic rant + religion hatred.

Igbo nature.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Ptolomeus(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ngodigha:
I agree with you.
These things and many others are part of "civilization" that Christians and Muslims left a legacy for Africa.
Supposedly, that's part of "development" that these cultures brought to Africa.
infant mortality
hunger
Underdevelopment
AIDS
Well ... we thank the foreign gods that brought blessing to Africa ...
(Irony)
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Ngodigha: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge:

tibalistic rant + religion hatred.

Igbo nature.
This above assumption is nonsensical.
I do not hate Islam or Yorubas, but this idiotic attitude of hiding under islam to marry women x4 or more and raise so many childeren to come and suffer in this world is unacceptable.
Most of us who admire the Yoruba nation will agree here.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Ptolomeus(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge: [size=18pt]YORUBA RELIGIOUS FREEDOM MODEL FOR WORLD PEACE[/size]
An excellent article. Highly illustrative.
Thanks for sharing!
Best wishes!
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ngodigha:
GO AND SIN NO MORE...SAY NO TO TRIBALISM ...CONFESS YOUR SIN....TO HELP YOU LISTEN TO THIS[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUXApV3pjU&feature=colike
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by YorubaOmoge: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ptolomeus:
An excellent article. Highly illustrative.
Thanks for sharing!
Best wishes!

Thanks. smiley
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Ptolomeus(m): 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
I do not think our friend Omoge Yoruba, is defending Islam. He is telling us that there is a great religious tolerance, which allows traditional worship peacefully coexist with Islam or Christianity. That is something that many may seem strange, but it is possible in many countries.
I consider myself an admirer and student of Yoruba culture, however, I do not know nor am I interested in Islam.
I understand that there is also some truth in exposing the Ngodigha friend, when it comes to certain Islamic traditions, but that's not the fault of Yoruba Omoge, or the people, but of cultural penetration. The friend Yoruba Omoge, has never spoken out against the Yoruba traditions, on the contrary.
Often, we accuse religious fanatics on the forum ... we also do not end up in fans ...
A respectful greeting to all!
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by YorubaOmoge: 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ptolomeus: I do not think our friend Omoge Yoruba, is defending Islam. He is telling us that there is a great religious tolerance, which allows traditional worship peacefully coexist with Islam or Christianity. That is something that many may seem strange, but it is possible in many countries.
I consider myself an admirer and student of Yoruba culture, however, I do not know nor am I interested in Islam.
I understand that there is also some truth in exposing the Ngodigha friend, when it comes to certain Islamic traditions, but that's not the fault of Yoruba Omoge, or the people, but of cultural penetration. The friend Yoruba Omoge, has never spoken out against the Yoruba traditions, on the contrary.
Often accuse religious fanatics on the forum ... we also do not end up in fans ...

If Yoruba Muslims had 25 children per household, I'm sure that it would have been documented. His initial post stated that "ALMOST ALL" the YORUBA muslims he'd encountered had 25 children, how foolish was that?

The Igbo tribalist is simply showcasing his ignorance. In an Igbo household, they typically have from 5-9 children, same for any Yoruba household, regardless of religion.

Polygamy is not strictly a Yoruba Muslim affair. . . . it's a Nigerian affair. If Ngodigha1 wasn't as ignorant as he denies, he'd know that religion has nothing to do with polygamy in the Yoruba culture. History is at the end of his finger tips, he should learn before he exposes such ignorance in his community market. When Yoruba males used to war with their neighbors, it led to shortage of men and excess number of Yoruba females. Yoruba men were "encouraged" to pick up more than one woman. Unfortunately, that became part of the culture. However, Ngodigha1 exaggerated his number for his nefarious tribalistic deed.

You're right, I'm not a muslim lol.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ptolomeus: I do not think our friend Omoge Yoruba, is defending Islam. He is telling us that there is a great religious tolerance, which allows traditional worship peacefully coexist with Islam or Christianity. That is something that many may seem strange, but it is possible in many countries.
Often, we accuse religious fanatics on the forum ... we also do not end up in fans ...
yes esp in Cameroon Muslim and Christian are teaching a lesson to the world ....... cool
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Ngodigha1(m): 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge:

If Yoruba Muslims had 25 children per household, I'm sure that it would have been documented. His initial post stated that "ALMOST ALL" the YORUBA muslims he'd encountered had 25 children, how foolish was that?

The Igbo tribalist is simply showcasing his ignorance. In an Igbo household, they typically have from 5-9 children, same for any Yoruba household, regardless of religion.

Polygamy is not strictly a Yoruba Muslim affair. . . . it's a Nigerian affair. If Ngodigha1 wasn't as ignorant as he denies, he'd know that religion has nothing to do with polygamy in the Yoruba culture. History is at the end of his finger tips, he should learn before he exposes such ignorance in his community market. When Yoruba males used to war with their neighbors, it led to shortage of men and excess number of Yoruba females. Yoruba men were "encouraged" to pick up more than one woman. Unfortunately, that became part of the culture. However, Ngodigha1 exaggerated his number for his nefarious tribalistic deed.

You're right, I'm not a muslim lol.
All this your long epistle will not help matters. Westernisation came and stopped old and cruel ways of doing things. Yet it has not changed the mindset of Yoruba muslims.There may be some yoruba households with fewer numbers that I ealier quoted but the ones I have come across dwels on my figures.
Because most of them read the quoran turned upside down makes them feel it is cool to do so. Am happy their christian counterparts are not same though some of them are polygamous. Have a look at the photo here to see the result of this wickedness of Yoruba muslims.

Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by tpia5: 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Polygamy is more of a cultural thing when it comes to nigeria.

It might also be genetic but i'm not sure.

The fact remains it comes easier to every tribe except the ones east of the niger where it is almost an abomination and families can be entirely destroyed if they embark on it.

People tie it to religion but i think its more of culture and tradition. Both are stronger than people want to admit.

Lord have mercy.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by tpia5: 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ topic

Yorubas are nice to outsiders, period.

And not necessarily a good thing.

Besides na so you go open mouth till whoever you're yapping about, sells you.
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by YorubaOmoge: 12:17am On Jul 21, 2012
Ngodigha1:
All this your long epistle will not help matters. Westernisation came and stopped old and cruel ways of doing things. Yet it has not changed the mindset of Yoruba muslims.There may be some yoruba households with fewer numbers that I ealier quoted but the ones I have come across dwels on my figures.
Because most of them read the quoran turned upside down makes them feel it is cool to do so. Am happy their christian counterparts are not same though some of them are polygamous. Have a look at the photo here to see the result of this wickedness of Yoruba muslims.

sweety, I wasn't wasting my time educating a nonentity like you.

The post was for someone who is more interesting in learning. Your childish posts added little to nothing to the sustenance of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 21, 2012
tpia@:
Polygamy is more of a cultural thing when it comes to nigeria.

It might also be genetic but i'm not sure.

The fact remains it comes easier to every tribe except the ones east of the niger where it is almost an abomination and families can be entirely destroyed if they embark on it.

People tie it to religion but i think its more of culture and tradition. Both are stronger than people want to admit.

Lord have mercy.
ETHNICITY not tribe
Re: Yoruba Muslims Are So Nice by Mustay(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge:

Polygamy is not strictly a Yoruba Muslim affair. . . . it's a Nigerian affair. If Ngodigha1 wasn't as ignorant as he denies, he'd know that religion has nothing to do with polygamy in the Yoruba culture.

iLike when people 'clarify' issues when ignorance rears its ugly head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yewande & George’s Elegant Efik & Yoruba Wedding With A Vintage Touch! / Yoruba Women Vs Igbo Women: Who De Fat Pass? / The 'sh' Sound In The Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.