Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,894 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310501 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:03am On Oct 25, 2012
mark4see: •̸Ϟ•̸¥ email address is mark4see@yahoo.com I will really love and appreciate that. ‎​‎​☀◦◦°˚Thanks˚°◦◦☀‎​‎​and God bless.
•̸Ϟ•̸¥ CURRENT SITUATION REPORt.
The third interview was on march this year. And after that interview I realized that •̸Ϟ•̸¥ profile was shabby and two friend of mine were issued visa during this •̸Ϟ•̸¥ time of junkyness. •̸Ϟ•̸¥ friends naw advised me to do the standardized test and apply to A̶̲̥̅ better school where I could get A̶̲̥̅ GA and A̶̲̥̅ school that's reckoned with and to halt the notion of entering to Jama Jama but to come in for study. With the help of A̶̲̥̅ friend that was introduced to me over there in the states, I changed •̸Ϟ•̸¥ orientation completely and nursed the ambition to further •̸Ϟ•̸¥ study and also to settle as an academician. Naw I wrote •̸Ϟ•̸¥ Toefl and I scored 98 and with the help of •̸Ϟ•̸¥ friend I applied to WIU MA economics and have been granted an admission for the spring session and •̸Ϟ•̸¥ i-20 is right next to •̸Ϟ•̸¥ door and I also wrote the gre. Here •̸Ϟ•̸¥ GRE score is damn low because the school did not require me to do it A̶̲̥̅s A̶̲̥̅ prerequisite but I did it incase am being asked at the embassy so because it wasn't A̶̲̥̅ prerequisite, I was slack about the preparation and I scored very low of 283. That's •̸Ϟ•̸¥ situation report for naw º°˚..... Naw I need all the advice and help that I can get. What and what is not yet right about •̸Ϟ•̸¥ profile. Currently am assisting A̶̲̥̅ Dr in the department where I graduated from at OAU. I would like to appear at the embassy by either first week or second week of December and house, all the gurus in this house I will need all the candid and instructive advice that I can get either constructive or destructive I just need you guys help. What is needed, what is still lacking and what can be done. I remain loyal º°˚....
I'm quite impressed that you had a change of orientation completely, became serious and brushed up on your profile.
Just make sure that this current university's tuition isn't superfluous, as to make the VO deny you again. And make sure that the knowldege you have of your course and school isn't superficial - arm yourself with some good information. Also, did you get a GA from WIU? Cos if you did, that would be a strong point to your credit during the interview. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 1:15am On Oct 25, 2012
Going for my interview soon but one thing is that I applied to only one uni. And its a private christian university. Now my question is,if the VO ask me that why the school? Can I just say I choose it because its a private christian university and going for my undergraduate studies there will help me become knowledgeable about my future career and my relationship with God.
Or can I say, XYZ Uni is an amazing university for students who what to excel academically as well as grow spiritually.
Or can I also say that I choose this uni becos I will be getting an outstanding academic education in my major and I will also be giving the spiritual part of my life a chance to grow.
House please let me know which of the three reasons I listed above you think would suit the answer and any contributions will be highly welcome. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:17am On Oct 25, 2012
Ishowdels: @tochion and my entire house,my email is agbode09@yahoo.com...i need gre and toefl materials plz
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:25am On Oct 25, 2012
mcqt21: @tochion n my felow nairalandrrs...help a bro out..I need toel n gre materials...plsssss......ridimic@gmail.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 2:05am On Oct 25, 2012
mark4see: •̸Ϟ•̸¥ email address is mark4see@yahoo.com I will really love and appreciate that. ‎​‎​☀◦◦°˚Thanks˚°◦◦☀‎​‎​and God bless.
•̸Ϟ•̸¥ CURRENT SITUATION REPORt.
The third interview was on march this year. And after that interview I realized that •̸Ϟ•̸¥ profile was shabby and two friend of mine were issued visa during this •̸Ϟ•̸¥ time of junkyness. •̸Ϟ•̸¥ friends naw advised me to do the standardized test and apply to A̶̲̥̅ better school where I could get A̶̲̥̅ GA and A̶̲̥̅ school that's reckoned with and to halt the notion of entering to Jama Jama but to come in for study. With the help of A̶̲̥̅ friend that was introduced to me over there in the states, I changed •̸Ϟ•̸¥ orientation completely and nursed the ambition to further •̸Ϟ•̸¥ study and also to settle as an academician. Naw I wrote •̸Ϟ•̸¥ Toefl and I scored 98 and with the help of •̸Ϟ•̸¥ friend I applied to WIU MA economics and have been granted an admission for the spring session and •̸Ϟ•̸¥ i-20 is right next to •̸Ϟ•̸¥ door and I also wrote the gre. Here •̸Ϟ•̸¥ GRE score is damn low because the school did not require me to do it A̶̲̥̅s A̶̲̥̅ prerequisite but I did it incase am being asked at the embassy so because it wasn't A̶̲̥̅ prerequisite, I was slack about the preparation and I scored very low of 283. That's •̸Ϟ•̸¥ situation report for naw º°˚..... Naw I need all the advice and help that I can get. What and what is not yet right about •̸Ϟ•̸¥ profile. Currently am assisting A̶̲̥̅ Dr in the department where I graduated from at OAU. I would like to appear at the embassy by either first week or second week of December and house, all the gurus in this house I will need all the candid and instructive advice that I can get either constructive or destructive I just need you guys help. What is needed, what is still lacking and what can be done. I remain loyal º°˚....

I didn't even know you have applied to WIU before I recommended that..Start troubling your HOD, Polley for GA.

Start calling him now. I believe you will get it by God's Grace.

About VISA:
1. In the first place, remove the memory of the past and strongly believe no one can stop you this time. It's not do or die affair. The statistics says, 80% of those that take VISA application lightly, get it. Speak with the VO like a friend.
2. Package your documents well and if you have gaps, prepare very well to defend them.
3. Who is your sponsor now?
4. Prepare your Home ties. r u taking study leave? or r u married?

See u in January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ishowdels(m): 2:28am On Oct 25, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sent.
Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:32am On Oct 25, 2012
imperiouxx:

It's almost everywhere. They restrict themselves to some kind of courses at the graduate level (in science: mostly in Health or Biology). Internationals dominate many departments and I think that is why US offers admission to many internationals at graduate levels.

SO there are actually jobs but since only internationals are qualified enuff and few companies are ready to sponsor, the vacancies are hardly filled
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:49am On Oct 25, 2012
Mckenziii Drake University? Why u nor follow go Lil Wayne University? Public schools don finish for America? Kpolli; I don hear oh. I sleep on this nairaland page and may God reward all of u for ur kind contributions. Its my homepage now sef. God help us Spring applicants. We shall overcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:56am On Oct 25, 2012
Has anyone registered with EducationUSA at the US Embassy-LAG? I registered with them today for 15k and saw a bunch of confused people that have no idea and are nervous. Thank God for nairaland. They even bounced one guy in his late 30's because he's too old to school in America. The centre helps students that want to school in america with school research, application, free study area for members once a week for GRE/TOEFL and mock interview for f1 visa. They are all Nigerians oh. No consular person involved. They even help to pay SEVIS fee for their members ( but you'll pay them first in Naira).
They have meetings every wednesday. I went today with my bro so the woman did mock interview with us and discouraged my brother because he's going for 2nd degree bachelors, but he no send am. Her questions do not really tally with peoples stories here on nairaland. I just tire. Has anyone used them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2012
I atteded EDUCATIONUSA at the Abuja Embassy back in the days 2009...They help with everything you mention,then We call them US EDUCATIONAL ADVISER...BUT KUDOS TO Nairaland best place to be everyday,If you are on this thread and know what you doing, you will surely get your VISA...WITH NL US VISA is like water mixed with garri.....EASY grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 25, 2012
Mamacita007: Has anyone registered with EducationUSA at the US Embassy-LAG? I registered with them today for 15k and saw a bunch of confused people that have no idea and are nervous. Thank God for nairaland. They even bounced one guy in his late 30's because he's too old to school in America. The centre helps students that want to school in america with school research, application, free study area for members once a week for GRE/TOEFL and mock interview for f1 visa. They are all Nigerians oh. No consular person involved. They even help to pay SEVIS fee for their members ( but you'll pay them first in Naira).
They have meetings every wednesday. I went today with my bro so the woman did mock interview with us and discouraged my brother because he's going for 2nd degree bachelors, but he no send am. Her questions do not really tally with peoples stories here on nairaland. I just tire. Has anyone used them?

Is the bold going for Bsc or Ms?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2012
@mamacita is drake uni not a gud skool in d state?pls I just nid to knw despite d fact is nt a public skoll.pls ur response is highly needed n also anybodi dat has facts can kindly contribute.God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2012
"I choose it because its a private christian university ... will help me become knowledgeable about my future career and my relationship with God ... XYZ Uni is an amazing (really?? shocked) university for students to excel academically as well as grow spiritually.. I will be getting an outstanding academic education in my major and I will also be giving the spiritual part of my life a chance to grow." It defiles logic that you've decided to leave all the Church affiliated colleges in Nigeria to pursue a US education to further your relationship with God. Focus on the course, department and maybe the benefits of a private university over large public or research-oriented institutions. Why didn't you apply to other public colleges if I may ask? Did they admit you w/o standardized tests?

lol @ Drake University. Mamacita you've got issues. grin I think Drake is aiight, but you never know. Never heard of it till now.

So a 30-something year old man has no hope for a college education? That's wrong on many levels. For those with NIG bachelors that intend to pursue another bachelors, please use the Post-bacc option for 18-24months instead of spending 4 years at College. Most people desire second chances especially if they do not find their 1st degree useful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2012
kpolli:

You forgot standardized tests
Kpolli nwannem I did oh!
Abeg mek we do am even when our schls no ask 4 am. God bless you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:29am On Oct 25, 2012
@ Mckenzii

How did you know about Drake? Do you know anyone that has been there? I looked their review online and it seems like an OK school with very high moral standards like no smoking/drinking, curfews,..etc. Whats your intended major?

Stay clear of Everest, Devry, University of Phoenix, ITT Tech, Kaplan College, Walden, etc. Degrees earned here are substandard or near-worthless. I'd rather attend a Junior college than unpopular highly priced private(for-profit) schools, but hey, that's my preference. All the best with Drake! Keep the faith!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2012
@Yvete, you did make a good point 'leaving all the church affilated colleges in Nigeria but lets come to think of it, All the church affialted colleges in Nigeria are very low standard compare to any US colleges when talking about standard education system and technology wise too. My major is Computer Sc. and i'm going to the named Uni for my undergraduate and its the only school i was able to applied to due to the time limit as well as the stress. Yes they admitted me without writing a standardized tests and the reason is that when they received my secondary school transcript they said writing a standardized test won't be necessary and they waived it for me.
Please all i need now is your contribution on how i can convince the VO base on why i chose the private christian university and less i forget, i did like the school strict rules like no drinking and smoking, no hug more than few seconds and no kissing lol. Further contribution would be highly welcome. thanks[b][/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=dnpasion]@Yvete, you did make a good point 'leaving all the church affilated colleges in Nigeria but lets come to think of it, All the church affialted colleges in Nigeria are very low standard compare to any US colleges when talking about standard education system and technology wise too. My major is Computer Sc. and i'm going to the named Uni for my undergraduate and its the only school i was able to applied to due to the time limit as well as the stress. Yes they admitted me without writing a standardized tests and the reason is that when they received my secondary school transcript they said writing a standardized test won't be necessary and they waived it for me.
Please all i need now is your contribution on how i can convince the VO base on why i chose the private christian university and less i forget, i did like the school strict rules like no drinking and smoking, no hug more than few seconds and no kissing lol. Further contribution would be highly welcome. thanks

Check this out......... I chose XYZ uni because the school offers an Intelligence cognate which combines the key elements of Computer Science with the skills needed to needed for work in the intelligence community and this will prepares me to serve my great country Nigeria in the Intelligence and Security Sectors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 10:38am On Oct 25, 2012
Yvete: @ Mckenzii

How did you know about Drake? Do you know anyone that has been there? I looked their review online and it seems like an OK school with very high moral standards like no smoking/drinking, curfews,..etc. Whats your intended major?

Stay clear of Everest, Devry, University of Phoenix, ITT Tech, Kaplan College, Walden, etc. Degrees earned here are substandard or near-worthless. I'd rather attend a Junior college than unpopular highly priced private(for-profit) schools, but hey, that's my preference. All the best with Drake! Keep the faith!
.@yvete.I made my research n I felt to ask cos 2 heads r beta dan one,my intended major is masters in public administration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2012
Euma:

@Olami1224

Google search schools that offer your chosen course. Check their requirements. Then shortlist a number of schools that are closer to your area of study & availability of financial aids/scholarships/grants or any other form of waivers,check school's rankings (it mustn't be an ivy league school) also consider school's location, cost of living, weather conditions.
Meet all application deadlines, take the standardized tests.
When you are accepted into the school, you'll be requested to submit some financial documents, proof that student has financial support with or without assistance from the school. when you meet all requirements, an I-20 form(Admission letter) will be mailed to you.
Pay a SEVIS fee at any ECOBank in Cotonou or Seme border or If you have anyone in the states, the person can pay online for you. NB: You'll need the receipt for your interview so, be mindful.
Visit the US embassy website to fill an onlne application DS-160 form. i think it varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for.(not certain)
Visit any GTBank to pay a visa application fee. You'll be issued an MRV receipt(whatever its called)lol
With all these things done, visit the usembassy website and schedule a visa interview appointment. You should know the rest.

@House Anyone can add more tips to this. If I'm missing out some details.

To all the Spring'13 students, I wish you all God's grace as you prepare. Amen!

@Euma, I appreciate your comment. some schools indicate on their website for the items to be submitted for admission, they say you show proof of financial abiltity when applying for admission. Is it mandatory for us to show bank statement to get admission. Because this doesn't make sense. My Daddy's friend who is sponsoring is only willing to show his Bank statement after I have gotten admission and to get 1-20..
Or wht do u think..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2012
Pls want to ask a? Is it immediately one send d financial aid to d skl,is it immediately dey send d i-20 or wot or is d bank dey wuld notify dat dey hv seen it.pls dnt knw hw it works, for peeps dat hv received dier i-20 hw does it works pls I nid a download of it.wuld appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bukahands(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
Omo this thread is da bomb, I gat 2 months to prep for GRE, guys u all rock and success in all your endavours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mamacita007: Mckenziii Drake University? Why u nor follow go Lil Wayne University? Public schools don finish for America? Kpolli; I don hear oh. I sleep on this nairaland page and may God reward all of u for ur kind contributions. Its my homepage now sef. God help us Spring applicants. We shall overcome.
AMEN!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Looking for schools? Only check on PUBLIC schools. Don't say you were not advised. Chikena!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bukahands(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
imperiouxx: Looking for schools? Only check on PUBLIC schools. Don't say you are not advised. Chikena!

Why public schools ? Anyway I am thinking texas-austin sha which is public
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
@imperiouxx and house, my i20 from missouri state uni finally arrived guys and am awaiting another from idaho state uni . Pls @ sir imperiouxx frm ur professional view point based on ur experience what are the next preparation guidelines of for phase2 ie embassy. I would mind an email to me with a checkilist of the things to prepare for and docs to caryy. I will appreciate your reply on this. Thank u all and May God bless only d good pple wiv a heart to carry others along o. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
imperiouxx: Looking for schools? Only check on PUBLIC schools. Don't say you are not advised. Chikena!

@Oga imperiouxx are u refering to me. Is it all public schools that request for Bank statement after admission is given... Shed more light on this Boss!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Wot abt d private skl?wetin do dem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mckenziiii: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
ronald2g1: @imperiouxx and house, my i20 from missouri state uni finally arrived guys and am awaiting another from idaho state uni . Pls @ sir imperiouxx frm ur professional view point based on ur experience what are the next preparation guidelines of for phase2 ie embassy. I would mind an email to me with a checkilist of the things to prepare for and docs to caryy. I will appreciate your reply on this. Thank u all and May God bless only d good pple wiv a heart to carry others along o. Amen
.sorrie pls hw many dayz does it take for ur i-20 to arrive pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
The first place you get grant is in public schools because they are government funded schools. In other words, public schools offer affordable tuition, some tuition waiver and all give grants from government. Most private institutions are also good but more expensive (since they try to maximize their profits) just like in Nigeria.

@mr. Swagg,

I'm talking in general. About bank statement, yea all schools request for that. They need it to be sure you/your sponsor got fund in bank for your studies so that you don't come and depend on public fund and that's the government rule for schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
ronald2g1: @imperiouxx and house, my i20 from missouri state uni finally arrived guys and am awaiting another from idaho state uni . Pls @ sir imperiouxx frm ur professional view point based on ur experience what are the next preparation guidelines of for phase2 ie embassy. I would mind an email to me with a checkilist of the things to prepare for and docs to caryy. I will appreciate your reply on this. Thank u all and May God bless only d good pple wiv a heart to carry others along o. Amen

Really, updated info about this is on this thread (part 3). The most important now which can slow you down greatly is getting your sevis fee paid while you use your school code to search for interview date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
imperiouxx: The first place you get grant is in public schools because they are government funded schools. In other words, public schools offer affordable tuition, some tuition waiver and all give grants from government. Most private institutions are also good but more expensive (since they try to maximize their profits) just like in Nigeria.

@mr. Swagg,

I'm talking in general. About bank statement, yea all schools request for that. They need it to be sure you/sponsor got fund in bank for your studies. So that you don't come and depend on public fund and that's the government rule for schools.
imperiouxx: The first place you get grant is in public schools because they are government funded schools. In other words, public schools offer affordable tuition, some tuition waiver and all give grants from government. Most private institutions are also good but more expensive (since they try to maximize their profits) just like in Nigeria.

@mr. Swagg,

I'm talking in general. About bank statement, yea all schools request for that. They need it to be sure you/sponsor got fund in bank for your studies. So that you don't come and depend on public fund and that's the government rule for schools.

@imperiouxx I appreciate your comment. I understand wht u said, but wht I'm asking is that do schools request for this Bank statement before you apply for admission or AFTER you have been ADMITTED and ready to get the I-20....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mcqt21: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
@bukahand n evry1...pls I need gre materials urgently...pks hlp me ooooOoooooooo..I hv been askin since last week...hlp a broda out pls....I dnt hv d slightest idea of d exam

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.