Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,657 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310449 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
kpolli:

Y didn't u just send a money order?
so, I have to pay GtN like N13k cos of $26? That's so f*cked up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: so, I have to pay GtN like N13k cos of $26? That's so f*cked up

With GTN, it's going to be your $26 + N3,500 their charge not N13K.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

With GTN, it's going to be your $26 + N3,500 their charge not N13K.
oh! Better. Was kinda confused when u started with †ће bank charges n stuff! I already emailed them too and I'm to pay N7700..for everything
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: oh! Better. Was kinda confused when u started with †ће bank charges n stuff! I already emailed them too and I'm to pay N7700..for everything
thanks imperiouxx.. U'r a life saver
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon: oh! Better. Was kinda confused when u started with †ће bank charges n stuff! I already emailed them too and I'm to pay N7700..for everything

So, you are not getting all my story this while? I quoted what you are going to incur if you are to transfer such small money to me which is almost N13,000 compare to GTN or GIEVA which is around N8,000.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
[q ;Duote author=imperiouxx]

So, you are not getting all my story this while? I quoted what you are going to incur if you are to transfer such small money to me ni which is almost N12,000 compare to GTN or GIEVA will be around N8,000.[/quote]I wasn't..its cool..now I get.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ollydon:

I wasn't..its cool..now I get.. grin

Thank God you do now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

Thank God you do now.
lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
Anybody with the idea of how much I can take to seme for sevis, cos I don't want to hold excess cash. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FIZIK: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for this great thread. It has been extremely insightful.
Does anyone know how to convert the new GRE to the old scale.
My schools requirement is in the ols scale, but i scored 149 on both quantitative and verbal with essay as 3.5.
Contributiion will be appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 11:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
FIZIK: Thanks for this great thread. It has been extremely insightful.
Does anyone know how to convert the new GRE to the old scale.
My schools requirement is in the ols scale, but i scored 149 on both quantitative and verbal with essay as 3.5.
Contributiion will be appreciated
You have an equivalent of 610 in quats and a 440 in your verbal. That's a 1050 combined score... Search on google for gre concodance table..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 3:24am On Nov 25, 2012
ollyboy1: Anybody with the idea of how much I can take to seme for sevis, cos I don't want to hold excess cash. Thanks

Go with 40k. You come back with your remaining cash if there is excess. They have about five border points. Their immigration guys will be asking for tip at each of the point..With bold face,tell them you get nothing to drop. But, if at all you are frustrated (delay) to tip at the first point, tell them that one of the immigration guys should take you through the remaining points unless they will trouble and delay you at every other points. Becareful cos those guys like to exploit Nigerians. Imagine when I went, the immigration guys were asking me for 5k naira (not cephas). I first laughed. When the bike drop you at the ECO Bank,Benin Rep. just ask the bank official that you want to change money, they will ask one of the security guys to take you to a reliable exchanger. After that, you return to bank to complete the form. When you are thru in bank, just pick a bike in front of the bank. Don't pay more than 200/300 naira for the bike.

Try and go early, before 12 noon you are back to Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by uchechuwku: 5:38am On Nov 25, 2012
Hi guys, I'm new here on d thread......
What are d tins I have to do to apply for admission for undergrad.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2012
uchechuwku: Hi guys, I'm new here on d thread......
What are d tins I have to do to apply for admission for undergrad.?

You get school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 6:54am On Nov 25, 2012
@jimtosam, thanks a lot I shall update you when am back.

Go with 40k. You come back with your remaining cash if there is excess. They have about five border points. Their immigration guys will be asking for tip at each of the point..With bold face,tell them you get nothing to drop. But, if at all you are frustrated (delay) to tip at the first point, tell them that one of immigration guys should take you through the remaining points unless they will trouble and delay you at every other points. Becareful cos those guys like to exploits Nigerians. Imagine when I went, the immigration guys were asking me for 5k naira (not cephas). I first laughed. When the bike drop you at the ECO Bank,Benin Rep. just ask the bank official that you want to change money, they will ask one of the security guys to take you to a reliable exchanger. After that, you return to bank to complete the form. When you are thru in bank, just pick a bike in front of the bank. Don't pay more than 200/300 naira for the bike.

Try and go early, before 12 noon you are back to Lagos.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by uchechuwku: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2012
imperiouxx:

You get school.

No, not yet

I finished second skul inn 2006 and I just finished in the university this year (5yrs course) with a third class degree.
where do I stand a better chance?
Another undergrad program or a PGD?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 11:51am On Nov 25, 2012
Hi, pls how much will WES charge for course by course evalution?..I have WAEC and High sch transcript to send or what r d document to send having completed High sch?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
jimtosam:

Go with 40k. You come back with your remaining cash if there is excess. They have about five border points. Their immigration guys will be asking for tip at each of the point..With bold face,tell them you get nothing to drop. But, if at all you are frustrated (delay) to tip at the first point, tell them that one of the immigration guys should take you through the remaining points unless they will trouble and delay you at every other points. Becareful cos those guys like to exploit Nigerians. Imagine when I went, the immigration guys were asking me for 5k naira (not cephas). I first laughed. When the bike drop you at the ECO Bank,Benin Rep. just ask the bank official that you want to change money, they will ask one of the security guys to take you to a reliable exchanger. After that, you return to bank to complete the form. When you are thru in bank, just pick a bike in front of the bank. Don't pay more than 200/300 naira for the bike.

Try and go early, before 12 noon you are back to Lagos.
he shouldnt enta bike oh because they will signal the immigration officers to stop him he should jes trek from where the cab dropped him dah is much beta and also hide ur money wella oh because if them see am na OYO for u oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
hi guys my interview is set for tuesday i need a checklist of documents i need to take along when going for the interview and give me some tips thanks Y'all.......i don pray tire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
elkharpone: hi guys my interview is set for tuesday i need a checklist of documents i need to take along when going for the interview and give me some tips thanks Y'all.......i don pray tire

Abuja or Lagos? Mine's Tuesday too. I wish you God's grace n favour. To all spring applicants, success is yours!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
elkharpone: he shouldnt enta bike oh because they will signal the immigration officers to stop him he should jes trek from where the cab dropped him dah is much beta and also hide ur money wella oh because if them see am na OYO for u oh

@ elkharpone. Thanks for your response. Pls like how much did you spend altogether when you went to pay yours. Best of luck in your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hi, pls how does sending High school transcript to WES for evaluation work? B'cos i don't think my High School is a recognised sch. to them...
Pls advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
talk2D: Hi, pls how does sending High school transcript to WES for evaluation work? B'cos i don't think my High School is a recognised sch. to them...
Pls advise

All you need is on their site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by princeRomeo(m): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Euma:

Abuja or Lagos? Mine's Tuesday too. I wish you God's grace n favour. To all spring applicants, success is yours!
thanks very much will be going for †ђξ interview in lagos wish u success too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by princeRomeo(m): 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
ollyboy1:

@ elkharpone. Thanks for your response. Pls like how much did you spend altogether when you went to pay yours. Best of luck in your interview.
like 43k-44k including transport fare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
princeRomeo: like 43k-44k including transport fare
yea 43k-44k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Euma:

lagos how bout u? Wish u success too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FIZIK: 12:12am On Nov 26, 2012
ronakoks:
You have an equivalent of 610 in quats and a 440 in your verbal. That's a 1050 combined score... Search on google for gre concodance table..

thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:15am On Nov 26, 2012
uchechuwku:

No, not yet

I finished second skul inn 2006 and I just finished in the university this year (5yrs course) with a third class degree.
where do I stand a better chance?
Another undergrad program or a PGD?

You just finished university, serve and try to put your best in the company so they can retain you. . . This gives you work experience and take certified exams. . . This would repackage your application. . .

I have friends who are doing masters with 3rd class in USA n UK, its just by increasing your portfolio. . . Some skools even say second class or 3yrs working experience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 26, 2012
elkharpone: lagos how bout u? Wish u success too

Lagos. smiley
elkharpone: lagos how bout u? Wish u success too

Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FIZIK: 4:43am On Nov 26, 2012
bigfrancis21: Any prospective graduate students for the US fall semester 2013 here? Lets gather and discuss.

binechukss@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Kbsuper: 5:18am On Nov 26, 2012
@ll, pls help, is NECO result presentable @ d embassy. Goin 4 my interview nxt wk. Expectin ur response plsssssss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.