Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,919 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310402 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
ollyboy1: @ yvete: Thank you. My school gave me international transfer and its 48 months they wrote on my I-20 and I wrote the same 48 months on the ds160. Can you pls expanciate on that. What should I tell them at the embassy. Thank you

Its my pleasure. From what I learned, 24 months seems ideal for International transfer. If you've got a BA/BS, I'd say 24 months because you're not a freshman, but OND/Diploma may take a little longer. You don't need to edit your ds-160 if you've submitted it with 48months.
I donno if you're a married male/female, but your spouse may join you later with the F2. Preferably about a semester to a year later. However, you just never know what may work out for you! Good-luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yvete:

Its my pleasure. From what I learned, 24 months seems ideal for International transfer. If you've got a BA/BS, I'd say 24 months because you're not a freshman, but OND/Diploma may take a little longer. You don't need to edit your ds-160 if you've submitted it with 48months.
I donno if you're a married male/female, but your spouse may join you later with the F2. Preferably about a semester to a year later. However, you just never know what may work out for you! Good-luck.

A very big thank you. Am a married male. If am asked if my family would be joining me,what should be my response? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
I was at abuja cousulate on monday. I was denied the F1. Was interviwed by one very young, deceptively prettey and calm VO at window 6. They say she's new at the embassy and actually she was taking her time and asking many questions and not really issuing F1, like someone who is trying to be meticulus cos of her inexperience. I hope she's not an intern or somethin at DHS cos there was a point durin my interveiwe wen another young lady came to her boot as if to come check on her to see how shes doin on the job and they were looking at my i2o and bank statement and smiling and nodding there heads at each other and sayin somethin to each other as if in the process of learnin or something. I felt really sad cos i was kinda prepared for this interview. At least i really prepped for the main F1 questions. I cant even totally recall how everything that went down.

VO: Good morning
Me : Good morning Ma ( Even though i think this girl is my age or even younger)

VO: So you want to go and study in the US?
Me: Yes at Xyz State university...

=========================================================================================================================================================
cant really remembered conversation here but it had to do with the course im going for. Msc biology/biological sciences. And i told her My concentration is in cell and molecular biology. I think i stuttered a bit here.
======================================================================================================================================

VO: What kinda research will you wana do in cell and molecular biology?
Me: (was slightly taken a back here but my brain quicky triggered and i just quickly taught of somethin)...... research like Elucidation of the molecular and genetic basis for the developmet of resistance by HIV virus to Currently available therapies ...

VO: nodds and said there are many schools in the US were u can do biology. Did u consider other schools in the US?
Me: Yes, I applied to WTAMU at canyon TX,.. ISU at pocatello, ID and UL at monroe, LA

VO: so who's payin for your study.
Me: Mum

Vo: wat does she do?
Me: bla bla bla

VO: do you have a letter or something from her
Me: Yes I passed her bank statement. ... and she lookeed at it thoroughly, looked at i20 too very well to see how much was balance on statement and cost on i20
(at this point i was starting to have some hope cos the student she interveiwed b4 me didnt even get to the point of sponsor. but I was wrong cos she started with another round of questions)

VO: So were did you do ur undergraduate
Me: Univ of Benin

VO: your major?
Me: Microbiology

VO: When did you graduate? ( this is the part i was hoping wont come up)
Me: finished my final exams in nov 2007 and was awarded degree in june 2008

Vo: What have you been doin since then?
Me: NYSC from 2008 to 2009 and starte workin at my current job in 2010

VO: Where do u work and wat do u do there?
Me: Work at UNi.... of .. teachin hospital.. I work at the HIV treatment center at Uni.... teachin hospita,.. I bla bla bla

Vo: if a pregnant woman is tested hiv positive, what do u do to her?
Me: Explained the normal PMTCT proceedure in our facility to her ( Im not sure if shes satisfied or not.. she just keeps noddin and noddin to and makin eye comunication to the other lady in her boot)

VO: did you do any test to get admission to this school?
Me: Yes. took the gre.. i passed her my score print out ( she looks at it thoroughly and types to check something on her system)

Vo: keeps typing... and asks did you consider any school here in Nigeria
Me: No

Vo: How about any other country?
Me: yes, UK.. cosidered the university of Hull. But curriculum isnt very practical and research oriented because its mainly just course work and this wont provide me hands on learning that i need.

VO: ok and nodds

Vo: Uhmm let me give u ur docs back

she passes my gre and bank staement back and for a split second i though she would just fold my ds160 with my passport in to her box, but eventually she pulls out the white paper that contains section 214b US imigration bla bla bla and said I'm sorry i cant issue u a visa today.

I have paid another visa fee and booked another appointment. Fortunately, these days there are so many available dates on the portal. I was able to book 3rd of january for Abuja. But my school resumes on the 7th so i made an emergency request. On a second thought, I'm considering scheduling my next interview for lagos embassy as there are closer dates for lagos. Moreso, I dont know if it would be better for me to go to lagos embassy since the VO that interviewed, me initially is in Abuja and not Lagos. Cos, even though, I most likely would be interviewed by another vo in abuja, I have a feeling these VOs work together as a team in their office and another VO might be alittle hesitant to revert on the decision that a close colleague has made so recently. But then, when i consider the fact that I have been there twice already( first time SEVIS fee hadnt reflected), and i've heard and know the pattern of question the VOs in Abuja are asking... I would want to go back to Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
ronakoks:
VO:..........I'm sorry i cant issue u a visa today.

Sorry to hear this. If this was the way you responded, you did pretty well and believe me, it was saved till next time. Keep your spirit high. That MS in US, you are getting there. However, you should have added one small catalyst to ginger the swag of not applying to any Nigerian schools. I got something specially designed for such question during my interview prep.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
ronakoks: I was at abuja cousulate on monday. I was denied the F1. Was interviwed by one very young, deceptively prettey and calm VO at window 6. They say she's new at the embassy and actually she was taking her time and asking many questions and not really issuing F1, like someone who is trying to be meticulus cos of her inexperience. I hope she's not an intern or somethin at DHS cos there was a point durin my interveiwe wen another young lady came to her boot as if to come check on her to see how shes doin on the job and they were looking at my i2o and bank statement and smiling and nodding there heads at each other and sayin somethin to each other as if in the process of learnin or something. I felt really sad cos i was kinda prepared for this interview. At least i really prepped for the main F1 questions. I cant even totally recall how everything that went down.

=========================================================================================================================================================
cant really remembered conversation here but it had to do with the course im going for. Msc biology/biological sciences. And i told her My concentration is in cell and molecular biology. I think i stuttered a bit here.
======================================================================================================================================

Me: (was slightly taken a back here but my brain quicky triggered and i just quickly taught of somethin)...... research like Elucidation of the molecular and genetic basis for the developmet of resistance by HIV virus to Currently available therapies ...

VO: nodds and said there are many schools in the US were u can do biology. Did u consider other schools in the US?
Me: Yes, I applied to WTAMU at canyon TX,.. ISU at pocatello, ID and UL at monroe, LA

Me: Yes I passed her bank statement. ... and she lookeed at it thoroughly, looked at i20 too very well to see how much was balance on statement and cost on i20
(at this point i was starting to have some hope cos the student she interveiwed b4 me didnt even get to the point of sponsor. but I was wrong cos she started with another round of questions)

Me: Work at UNi.... of .. teachin hospital.. I work at the HIV treatment center at Uni.... teachin hospita,.. I bla bla bla

Me: Explained the normal PMTCT proceedure in our facility to her ( Im not sure if shes satisfied or not.. she just keeps noddin and noddin to and makin eye comunication to the other lady in her boot)

Me: Yes. took the gre.. i passed her my score print out ( she looks at it thoroughly and types to check something on her system)

Me: yes, UK.. cosidered the university of Hull. But curriculum isnt very practical and research oriented because its mainly just course work and this wont provide me hands on learning that i need.

she passes my gre and bank staement back and for a split second i though she would just fold my ds160 with my passport in to her box, but eventually she pulls out the white paper that contains section 214b US imigration bla bla bla and said I'm sorry i cant issue u a visa today.

I have paid another visa fee and booked another appointment. Fortunately, these days there are so many available dates on the portal. I was able to book 3rd of january for Abuja. But my school resumes on the 7th so i made an emergency request. On a second thought, I'm considering scheduling my next interview for lagos embassy as there are closer dates for lagos. Moreso, I dont know if it would be better for me to go to lagos embassy since the VO that interviewed, me initially is in Abuja and not Lagos. Cos, even though, I most likely would be interviewed by another vo in abuja, I have a feeling these VOs work together as a team in their office and another VO might be alittle hesitant to revert on the decision that a close colleague has made so recently. But then, when i consider the fact that I have been there twice already( first time SEVIS fee hadnt reflected), and i've heard and know the pattern of question the VOs in Abuja are asking... I would want to go back to Abuja.

you did well just pray for GOD'S FAVOUR dats all and work on 9ja skool question of a thing becos i kno really see any reason dey shud deny u except maybe ur sponsor's occupation.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
Also ronakoks,

I'm sorry for being unable to answer your last mail. My schedule has been so tightly packed by research that I can only briefly access computer once/not at all during the day and I get home at night feeling like I'm going to sleep for 2 days without waking. You will come back to give good testimony, just believe that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
ronakoks: I was at abuja cousulate on monday. I was denied the F1. Was interviwed by one very young, deceptively prettey and calm VO at window 6. They say she's new at the embassy and actually she was taking her time and asking many questions and not really issuing F1, like someone who is trying to be meticulus cos of her inexperience . I hope she's not an intern or somethin at DHS cos there was a point durin my interveiwe wen another young lady came to her boot as if to come check on her to see how shes doin on the job and they were looking at my i2o and bank statement and smiling and nodding there heads at each other and sayin somethin to each other as if in the process of learnin or something. I felt really sad cos i was kinda prepared for this interview. At least i really prepped for the main F1 questions. I cant even totally recall how everything that went down. I have paid another visa fee and booked another appointment. Fortunately, these days there are so many available dates on the portal.

Don't give up. You did well on your interview. I hope she wasn't trying to impress her supervisor (the other woman). Sometimes, you never know what works for some VO. Try again, but give reasonable time in-between. I hope the denial has nothing to do with your bank statement/sponsor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
@imperiouxx

should i go to lagos embassy for my next interveiwe? closest date i got at Abuja is 3rd January. Im thinking about canceling and booking lagos. cos as at yesterday, i saw 21st dec at lagos. Only chalenge will be having to travel to lagos. Im currently in abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yvete:

Don't give up. You did well on your interview. I hope she wasn't trying to impress her supervisor (the other woman). Sometimes, you never know what works for some VO. Try again, but give reasonable time in-between. I hope the denial has nothing to do with your bank statement/sponsor.

I really don't know, but my sponsor bank statement had funds that is more than 2x the cost of study per year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
ronakoks: I really don't know, but my sponsor bank statement had funds that is more than 2x the cost of study per year.

Yea, its annoying really. Not to discourage you, but I'm not a fan of changing consulates because the record is centrally located in a computer system. What matters is working against the reason for denial which could be presumption of immigrant intent.
Read this interview below. I sincerely hope changing consulates don't raise eyebrows. (Not mine...copied from a previous interview)
VO: Why MBA when you are in Business?
Me: Ma’am I think MBA will not help me enhance my knowledge but will also help me polish my skills as I plan to work in my fathers business after my Masters.
VO: I’m Sorry I am not convinced
Me: OK Thankyou
Second time I applied on 16th July,2012 and this time it was young man. After passing my documents, the VO stared at the screen for around 2 minutes, reading the previous comments and then started on
VO: Ok, so I see you were interviewed by my colleague last week
Me: Yes Sir
VO: So, what went wrong?
Me: I could not convince the VO that I was a credible F1 Student
VO: How many universities you applied to?
Me: Five universities
VO: Ok, but you said three universities in your previous interview?
Me: I mean I applied to three universities only, but Ive sent my GMAT scores to five universities
VO: I’m sorry I cannot issue you a visa, I do not see any change in your profile

You'd have to answer your next questions thoughtfully and carefully emphasizing ties like the need for experienced ...(who is paying for study? My Mum, then explain what she does confidently, like she's capable). You didn't do poorly at your interview,but you don't know what the first VO wrote on their system so you can work against that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yvete:

Yea, its annoying really. Not to discourage you, but I'm not a fan of changing consulates because the record is centrally located in a computer system. What matters is working against the reason for denial which could be presumption of immigrant intent.
Read this interview below. I sincerely hope changing consulates don't raise eyebrows. (Not mine...copied from a previous interview)
VO: Why MBA when you are in Business?
Me: Ma’am I think MBA will not help me enhance my knowledge but will also help me polish my skills as I plan to work in my fathers business after my Masters.
VO: I’m Sorry I am not convinced
Me: OK Thankyou
Second time I applied on 16th July,2012 and this time it was young man. After passing my documents, the VO stared at the screen for around 2 minutes, reading the previous comments and then started on
VO: Ok, so I see you were interviewed by my colleague last week
Me: Yes Sir
VO: So, what went wrong?
Me: I could not convince the VO that I was a credible F1 Student
VO: How many universities you applied to?
Me: Five universities
VO: Ok, but you said three universities in your previous interview?
Me: I mean I applied to three universities only, but Ive sent my GMAT scores to five universities
VO: I’m sorry I cannot issue you a visa, I do not see any change in your profile

You'd have to answer your next questions thoughtfully and carefully emphasizing ties like the need for experienced ...(who is paying for study? My Mum, then explain what she does confidently, like she's capable). You didn't do poorly at your interview,but you don't know what the first VO wrote on their system so you can work against that.

so these vos actually type to record our conversation word for word on their system... shocked shocked ... this is serious and might make second interview even more dificult undecided

I have to ensure i don't give different response to some of the basic questions i was asked in my previous interveiwe.

it wasnt just not my day on monday.. cos some questions the vo asked some students b4 me i was hopin she would ask me so that i will just gesticulate and ace them.

== What courses will you be taking at xyz uni this semester?
== How will this degree/program help you.?

those two questions was wat the VOs were using to decide if student was genuine/credible because dey werent checkin or askin for test score or transcripts..

But she didnt even ask me those,... at one point it was as if she didnt even know wat to ask me again sef... ..(and said uhmmm... ok.. let me give u ur docs back...)

I was really hoping to meet the vo at windo 7 that gave me the G-letter last week. Heard she's nice and she issued my cosin f1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by makaveli16(m): 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sent.
Thanks so much bro. JAH bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^@Ronakoks: My suggestion would be to try this time again at the Lagos embassy. If for nothing, oga imperiouxx did the same and got it the second time at the Lagos embassy. If you have a place † sleep over at Lagos, that would be fine. Your responses were just †o okay jare. You did well. You just weren't lucky as you fell into the hands of an 'officer in-training'. Also be prepared this second time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
ollyboy1:

@ yvete:A very big thank you. Am a married male. If am asked if my family would be joining me,what should be my response? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yes, of course they will! even if it's just for a visit (we all know it won't be 'just a visit'). and if they ask when? (they shouldn't anyway) tell them - anytime after you have settled down and that you are still planning although nothing has been chiseled in stone yet.

Trust me, if u say your family isnt joining you, they would start wondering if you are a family man at all . . . that's how I see it anyway.
Yvete:

[quote author=ollyboy1]

A very big thank you. Am a married male. If am asked if my family would be joining me,what should be my response? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 12:14am On Dec 06, 2012
Pls house, I need ur urgent response, my cousin his facing a little challenge, she has reshedule her appointment dis month twice due to some of her documents tat was not yet. Now she jst realized that she can't pay for her servis charge here in Nigeria. Now her appointment is suppose to be nextwk tuesday, can she still reshedule her appointment and will she hav to pay another visa fee? And pls hw long does servis charge payment takes to reflect when someone in US pays on ones behalf n is it necessary to send ur i-20 to d person...Pls house I need ur responses...she has been on my neck all day...tanx y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sanciro: 12:59am On Dec 06, 2012
hello house,good to be here.i just need the house to help me out with useful information.I av an HND instead of degree for like 3years ago and i av been working with it buh as it is now,i need to further my academics career preferably in USA buh where problem lies is my HND of a thing which i cant do a graduate programme wiv it for masters.i just want to ask the house that is there any school in USA that offer a year topup programme to convert my HND to Degree like the one in university of sunderland,UK.Will be very glad if the house could respond to this ASAP.

BEST REGARDS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 1:02am On Dec 06, 2012
Square65: Yes, of course they will! even if it's just for a visit (we all know it won't be 'just a visit'). and if they ask when? (they shouldn't anyway) tell them - anytime after you have settled down and that you are still planning although nothing has been chiseled in stone yet. Trust me, if u say your family isnt joining you, they would start wondering if you are a family man at all . . . that's how I see it anyway.
Seconded.

@Ollyboy1 :- Sorry, I don't want to advise you on something I don't really know much about. I'll ask a Church member how he brought his wife. He graduated this May '12, but the wife joined him in Dec '11 with their daughter. Whatever he says, I'll let you know after Church tonight.

sanciro: my HND of a thing which i cant do a graduate programme wiv it for masters.I just want to ask the house that is there any school in USA that offer a year topup programme to convert my HND to Degree like the one in university of sunderland,UK. Will be very glad if the house could respond to this ASAP.

@Sanciro :- Go back to page 138 and read the comment about the Second bachelors to Masters program. There's also an interview in part 2 with a similar experience (HND - Bachelors).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 3:45am On Dec 06, 2012
@ Chi Town Base, these same questions of yours was asked from my brother on 4th of December, 2012.
They denied him o because he don't write SAT and the school did not send him waiver letter. He has registered for d January SAT exam now.

House, my own concern too, I'm gonna go for my visa interview soon, my school no require GRE and I'm going for MSc in Engineering. Toefl is d only intl exam dt they requiered. Shd I mail d school to send me a waiver letter or what shd I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 4:48am On Dec 06, 2012
PLEASE I NEED SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

I was at Abuja for my interview, I Meet the lady on counter 8, and she greeted me and say pass me your doc, which i did, she just took my Gt receipt and my ds-160 number, then she started to type, what i heard next was shocking, *Mr kim you have not pay your SEVIS Fee, i ask her how, she say it is not showing on their website, the next thing i see, is that she just bring a white slip, but this is not 214b denial, it read

Dear Kim
tocontinue with your non-immigrant visa application, you will need to provide additional documemntation. providing this document is optional, but we cannot complete your case without it, if you wish to proceed, please return to the consular section with this letter and all requested document Monday through thursday, within six months of the date above.

she went further to tick this option

An 1-901 or other evidence that you have paid the SEVIS fee. for more info on SEVIS fees and paymenmt, go to www. fmjfee.com

House what does this mean? because when i went back i check at the SEVIS website and i see my detail on it that i have paid the money, so how come she did not see it?

When i ask her what to do, she say i should go and pay the SEVIS Fee and come back with that white slip she gave to me, i ask her if i am going to book another appointment and pay for Visa application fees, she said no, i just come with the white slip,

THE CONSULAR OFFICERS IN ABUJA ARE NEW PEOPLE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE THAT I SAW IN JULY

HOUSE WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 5:02am On Dec 06, 2012
emmanuelkim: PLEASE I NEED SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

I was at Abuja for my interview, I Meet the lady on counter 8, and she greeted me and say pass me your doc, which i did, she just took my Gt receipt and my ds-160 number, then she started to type, what i heard next was shocking, *Mr kim you have not pay your SEVIS Fee, i ask her how, she say it is not showing on their website, the next thing i see, is that she just bring a white slip, but this is not 214b denial, it read

Dear Kim
tocontinue with your non-immigrant visa application, you will need to provide additional documemntation. providing this document is optional, but we cannot complete your case without it, if you wish to proceed, please return to the consular section with this letter and all requested document Monday through thursday, within six months of the date above.

An 1-901 or other evidence that you have paid the SEVIS fee. for more info on SEVIS fees and paymenmt, go to www. fmjfee.com

House what does this mean? because when i went back i check at the SEVIS website and i see my detail on it that i have paid the money, so how come she did not see it?

When i ask her what to do, she say i should go and pay the SEVIS Fee and come back with that white slip she gave to me, i ask her if i am going to book another appointment and pay for Visa application fees, she said no, i just come with the white slip,

THE CONSULAR OFFICERS IN ABUJA ARE NEW PEOPLE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE THAT I SAW IN JULY

First thank ya star, you are already 90% close to ya visa....

2nd.... What about the online reciept?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 5:21am On Dec 06, 2012
ronakoks: I was at abuja cousulate on monday. I was denied the F1. Was interviwed by one very young, deceptively prettey and calm VO at window 6. They say she's new at the embassy and actually she was taking her time and asking many questions and not really issuing F1, like someone who is trying to be meticulus cos of her inexperience. I hope she's not an intern or somethin at DHS cos there was a point durin my interveiwe wen another young lady came to her boot as if to come check on her to see how shes doin on the job and they were looking at my i2o and bank statement and smiling and nodding there heads at each other and sayin somethin to each other as if in the process of learnin or something. I felt really sad cos i was kinda prepared for this interview. At least i really prepped for the main F1 questions. I cant even totally recall how everything that went down.

I WAS THERE THAT SAME DAY, THAT LADY IN COUNTER SIX DENIED ALMOST TEN PEOPLE, SHE WILL JUST SMILE WITH YOU AND KEEP ON PLAYING WITH YOU, WELL THAT IS HOW A TRAINED PSYCHOLOGIST IS SUPPOSE TO BEHAVE, GUY NOR BE YOUR FAULT, O. EVEN THE LADY AT COUNTER 6 SAY I NOR PAY SEVIS FEE O, APPLY AND GO TO LAGOS TO TRY THEM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 5:55am On Dec 06, 2012
seedord247:

First thank ya star, you are already 90% close to ya visa....

2nd.... What about the online receipt?

seedord247 why did you say am 90 percent close?

secondly i printed the receipt, when i was showing her, she did not look at it, she just take the DS160 that my passport was staple on and My GT Bank visa fee receipt

I NEED SOLUTIONS,WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW PLEASE ADVICE ME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lalla89: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2012
emmanuelkim:

secondly i printed the receipt, when i was showing her, she did not look at it, she just take the DS160 that my passport was staple on and My GT Bank visa fee receipt

I NEED SOLUTIONS,WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW PLEASE ADVICE ME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
bro dat means u got ur visa ,wat u a gng to do now is that contact the person that help you pay ur sevis fee to send you a reciept of payment and make sure the payment has been reflect in dere website. Contact me on fb as Abdullahi Lalla for more advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2012
emmanuelkim:

Broo you dont have no worries..... Make sure you print like 10 copies of the online receipt... .. Print it colors... So many fellas that have passed thru this always come out positive... So be calm and have it in mind that you are on board.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 8:15am On Dec 06, 2012
lalla89: bro dat means u got ur visa ,wat u a gng to do now is that contact the person that help you pay ur sevis fee to send you a reciept of payment and make sure the payment has been reflect in dere website. Contact me on fb as Abdullahi Lalla for more advice

Ok, what is your advice, atleaset so that those who are here can learn how to solve same issues, although i sent you a request too, check your facebook
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2012
emmanuelkim: seedord247 why did you say am 90 percent close?secondly i printed the receipt, when i was showing her, she did not look at it, she just take the DS160 that my passport was staple on and My GT Bank visa fee receipt

First, verify it online that it shows paid.
Hope your payment is not over 1 year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2012
Although i have sent the Embassy e-mail and i copied my school admission officer, also i copy sevis, should i just go there or i should wait for them to reply me back before i go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 8:36am On Dec 06, 2012
emmanuelkim: PLEASE I NEED SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

Dear Kim

95% of these cases end up in visas and I've not even heard of the other 5%. I had a somewhat similar experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2012
Square65:
Yes, of course they will! even if it's just for a visit (we all know it won't be 'just a visit'). and if they ask when? (they shouldn't anyway) tell them - anytime after you have settled down and that you are still planning although nothing has been chiseled in stone yet.

Trust me, if u say your family isnt joining you, they would start wondering if you are a family man at all . . . that's how I see it anyway.

Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2012
Yvete:
Seconded.

@Ollyboy1 :- Sorry, I don't want to advise you on something I don't really know much about. I'll ask a Church member how he brought his wife. He graduated this MS May '12, but the wife joined him in Dec '11 with their daughter. Whatever he says, I'll let you know after Church tonight.

@Sanciro :- Go back to page 138 and read the comment about the Second bachelors to Masters program. There's also an interview in part 2 with a similar experience (HND - Bachelors).

@ yvete: Thank you. I will be expecting from you and also what his response was if atall they asked from him then if his family would be joining him. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.