Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,065 members, 7,919,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311365 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2012
Square65:

95% of these cases end up in visas and I've not even heard of the other 5%. I had a somewhat similar experience.

Same thinh happened to ne. Your sevis ffe hasn't shown up on there data base at the embassy.. Dey don't check femjfee.com for sevis. They have their own data base. It wee reflect. After about 24 to 48 hours. So give your selflike five days and go back. There's nothing like 90% visa approval yet oo.. So don't let your gaurd down because she hasn't interveiwed u yet... Ingact the next time you go back. She may not be the one that willin ;Dtervwew. U... It depends on who ever dey give ur docs to.. Just. Pray its not windo 6vo. .. Na only smaile she dey smile to students she no dey giv like dat.. I think She does it to give u a false sense of approval... So that u think u are talking well... In which case , if u talk trash, she smiles and nodds, so that u keep talking some more trash..... grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shakers(m): 9:34am On Dec 06, 2012
Hello house,
I don't know what could be wrong, I had an F1 interview on the 21st of Nov and was approved and asked to pick up on d 28th, then I got a call from the embassy on d 23rd that I should bring my sevis fee payment receipt which they collected from me that interview date, she later saw it that I paid on the 19th and she said it takes 5 working days to process that they would call me back if need be. Till today I've still not been able to pick up my visa as it is not at the collection center, I've tried to call them they told me to email them which I did and I've not gotten a reply.
Has anyone in this forum experienced sumtin like this before and what could be the problem for I'm getting really worried now...
Thanks my people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2012
Does anyone kno w if there is December date in lagos as at today?.. I want to cancel my january appointment in abuja and book lagos. But I can't check uless I cancel and I don't want to cancel until I'm sure there is date in lagos as of today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lalla89: 10:28am On Dec 06, 2012
ronakoks: Does anyone kno w if there is December date in lagos as at today?.. I want to cancel my january appointment in abuja and book lagos. But I can't check uless I cancel and I don't want to cancel until I'm sure there is date in lagos as of today
ya i thnk 21st of dec is stil available at lag bt to check b4 u cancel bt why do u wanna cancel ur jan date at abuja ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2012
lalla89: ya i thnk 21st of dec is stil available at lag bt to check b4 u cancel bt why do u wanna cancel ur jan date at abuja ?

He feels he's known and kinda too sudden heading there again within few days. I think Lagos will be proper for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 11:34am On Dec 06, 2012
Has anybody being helpful to you in this thread? nominate that person here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119661/nominate-travel-section-poster-year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2012
ronakoks:

Same thinh happened to ne. Your sevis ffe hasn't shown up on there data base at the embassy.. Dey don't check femjfee.com for sevis. They have their own data base. It wee reflect. After about 24 to 48 hours. So give your selflike five days and go back. There's nothing like 90% visa approval yet oo.. So don't let your gaurd down because she hasn't interveiwed u yet... Ingact the next time you go back. She may not be the one that willin ;Dtervwew. U... It depends on who ever dey give ur docs to.. Just. Pray its not windo 6vo. .. Na only smaile she dey smile to students she no dey giv like dat.. I think She does it to give u a false sense of approval... So that u think u are talking well... In which case , if u talk trash, she smiles and nodds, so that u keep talking some more trash..... grin

Do i need to Pay Mrv fee again at GT BANK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
emmanuelkim:

Do i need to Pay Mrv fee again at GT BANK?

No u don't need to pay mrv again... Just take the letter they Gave u to the embassy any day btw mon to thurs at 7am in the morning they'll attend to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
lalla89: ya i thnk 21st of dec is stil available at lag bt to check b4 u cancel bt why do u wanna cancel ur jan date at abuja ?

Did u see 21st as at today? Or was it yester u checked. ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hi, pls is it alright to apply for Summer 2013 Ug admission.How is interview around March through April? Do they grant F-1 well around that time?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
talk2D: Hi, pls is it alright to apply for Summer 2013 Ug admission.How is interview around March through April? Do they grant F-1 well around that time?
Thanks

I dont think they give out admission durring summer to international student... I think its only meant for folks who reside within the state..... But if you are fortunate to get one.... The visa room is open 247 for genuine candidate. shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
shakers: Hello house,
I don't know what could be wrong, I had an F1 interview on the 21st of Nov and was approved and asked to pick up on d 28th, then I got a call from the embassy on d 23rd that I should bring my sevis fee payment receipt which they collected from me that interview date, she later saw it that I paid on the 19th and she said it takes 5 working days to process that they would call me back if need be. Till today I've still not been able to pick up my visa as it is not at the collection center, I've tried to call them they told me to email them which I did and I've not gotten a reply.
Has anyone in this forum experienced sumtin like this before and what could be the problem for I'm getting really worried now...
Thanks my people

There was a fall guy who nearly killed himself with anxiety because of something similar to this. I can't remember his username anymore, like I told him....Chill men! The visa is already yours. I got my call within 2 days because my resumption was 2 weeks to class starts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shakers(m): 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
imperiouxx:

There was a fall guy who nearly killed himself with anxiety because of something similar to this. I can't remember his username anymore, like I told him....Chill men! The visa is already yours. I got my call within 2 days because my resumption was 2 weeks to class starts.

Thanks bro, your encouraging words have gone a long way to calming my situation down, I was really getting scared here men
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hello House,

Is it possible to make sevis payment without the I-20? I know my sevis I-20 number but I haven't received my I-20. Also, is it ok to write naija address on the western union quick pay form since the payment will be made outside Nigerian? Thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
shakers:

Thanks bro, your encouraging words have gone a long way to calming my situation down, I was really getting scared here men

Nothing to fear about, before tomorrow or mid next week, you will get their call. Just believe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
ollyboy1: @ yvete: Thank you. I will be expecting from you and also what his response was if atall they asked from him then if his family would be joining him. Thank you.

Sorry for the late response. Here's what he said, its always advisable for all dependents to apply at the same time with the F1 applicant if he wants them to come over any time. There is a high chance that you guys will get through because they don't expect couples to stay apart. If your family interview at different times, they may screw you more for no responsible man would leave his family behind. You need to state that adequate preparation has been made for their upkeep for the time you'll be away.

They asked why he's not traveling with his family at this time and he said that he wanted to take them along, but doesn't want to disrupt his wife's ongoing certification course and she's also working as an independent contractor with a company( <<He said he made this up anyways). When its complete, she can come over for a visit and take a rest because she's been working so hard all these years. When she went for her interview, her answers were similar to her husbands. They asked questions to verify if she was really doing any certification course at that time. Hope this helps.

If you can afford it, go as a family. They can always join you later anyways. IMO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
Snazzygirl: Hello House, Is it possible to make sevis payment without the I-20? I know my sevis I-20 number but I haven't received my I-20. Also, is it ok to write naija address on the western union quick pay form since the payment will be made outside Nigerian? Thank u.

Yes you can if you have the right sevis number. I paid in the US with a Nigerian address so I'll say yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yvete:

Yes you can if you have the right sevis number. I paid in the US with a Nigerian address so I'll say yes.

Do you know that twice, the western union system only accepts US address from me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
imperiouxx: Do you know that twice, the western union system only accepts US address from me?

Loool to catch you if there's a fraud.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yvete:

Loool to catch you if there's a fraud.

lolz, and that will always be my undiscovered character.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bawizle: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hey guys, i got my visa sometime in july, and i've been in texas all the way, if you have any question, let me know how i can help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ Yvete, thanks dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Thanks all, i later saw the mail, in it i was told to reschedule and appointment and took the sevis receipt to go, but later when we chat, the lady told me i dnt need to reschedule again, i should just come with the white slip, please the guy that pay it for me is in us, how can he send the receipt from now till on sunday? they say they want the original receipt that was posted to the address in us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nairaspace: 3:05am On Dec 07, 2012
ronakoks: Does anyone kno w if there is December date in lagos as at today?.. I want to cancel my january appointment in abuja and book lagos. But I can't check uless I cancel and I don't want to cancel until I'm sure there is date in lagos as of today

There is 18, 19, 20, 27 Dec, 2012 as of 8pm Central US Time.. If you want to know which dates are available, just let me know and i can check for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 3:12am On Dec 07, 2012
emmanuelkim: Thanks all, i later saw the mail, in it i was told to reschedule and appointment and took the sevis receipt to go, but later when we chat, the lady told me i dnt need to reschedule again, i should just come with the white slip, please the guy that pay it for me is in us, how can he send the receipt from now till on sunday? they say they want the original receipt that was posted to the address in us

Reschedule gini..... Bro e be like say you get money to waste... Go on good and see so many similar case to yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2012
Hey...this thread is very useful to prospective students in the US since it provides a good insight on the application down to visa interviews. The other thread 'Life as a student in the USA' has been really dormant. I think all the students that recently got their F1 approved and all the Oldies the house to really become active on that thread to really give us newcomers good advice on what exactly to expect when we arrive and avoid mistakes made by others in the past. The oldies in the house can give us advice on flight, getting accomodation, initial money required and any other necessary information needed. We could also even post our schools you neva knw we may have people here going to same school..so bottom line is recently approved F-1 students and oldies in the house please lets revive that thread....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2012
Thanks Tee.tee and Kpolli. grin ronakoks i think the lagos vo's will favor you. just pray for divine favour next tym.
Oga imperrioux i cant run from nairaland oh. I'll try.
emmanuelkim tell the person to use an airline to send it to nigeria becuz fedex will take longer. i received a document from houston through united airlines. your document will come with the next flight to Lagos. its like next day delivery. ask yvete how much she paid. thats the fastest way for you to receive it before sunday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2012
dr.slip:
The other thread 'Life as a student in the USA' has been really dormant. The oldies in the house can give us advice on flight, getting accomodation, initial money required and any other necessary information needed. We could also even post our schools you neva knw we may have people here going to same school..so bottom line is recently approved F-1 students and oldies in the house please lets revive that thread....

Good idea. i think justwise should combine both threads. this page has some of that information about settling in the USA. i chose Arizona over Houston becuz of my GA and their SCM program is ranked top 5. I dont even know anybody in Phoenix so advice would be very helpful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2012
Mamacita007:

Good idea. i think justwise should combine both threads. this page has some of that information about settling in the USA. i chose Arizona over Houston becuz of my GA and their SCM program is ranked top 5. I dont even know anybody in Phoenix so advice would be very helpful.

Yu av a GA? Tats good ooo...yu № get wahala be tat na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
Best poster(s) in this thread deserve your vote.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119661/nominate-travel-section-poster-year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Yvete:

Sorry for the late response. Here's what he said, its always advisable for all dependents to apply at the same time with the F1 applicant if he wants them to come over any time. There is a high chance that you guys will get through because they don't expect couples to stay apart. If you guys interview at different times, they may screw you more for no responsible man would leave his family behind. You need to state that adequate preparation has been made for their upkeep for the time you'll be away.

They asked why he's not traveling with his family at this time and he said that he wanted to take them along, but doesn't want to disrupt his wife's ongoing certification course and she's also working as an independent contractor with a company( <<He said he made this up anyways). When its complete, she can come over for a visit and take a rest because she's been working so hard all these years. When she went for her interview, her answers were similar to her husbands. They asked questions to verify if she was really doing any certification course at that time. Hope this helps.

If you can afford it, go as a family. They can always join you later anyways. IMO

Thanks so very much. That was very helpful. I really do appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by airroseice(m): 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

*sigh* I've followed the thread (Part 1 - 3) and have done a couple of researches on F1 Interview Tips and will like to outline my case.
I applied and got accepted (for the August semester) into a school in Virginia but I had to defer to the Spring of January because of work.
I got my new i-20 for the spring 2013 semester and have applied for my interview date.
I applied for an expedited date and was told that the emergency calendar will be opened for me on Monday the 10th, that's when I'll know my specific interview date.

My question however is that the university does not require GRE or TOEFEL and I didn't bother to write these exams - do you think this will reduce my chances?
Furthermore, I have never been out of the country before and my passport is fresh out of the box. Unstamped and BLANK.
I stutter when I'm tensed - my friends think I'm a confident persoon, I have confidence in myself however. *embarassed*
I studied geography and regional planning and graduated in 2009 (Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma)
Served (NYSC) in Abuja from 2010 - 2011; Got a Job @ a real estate firm (in Abuja) in Feb 2012 and want to proceed to get my MS in Information System.
How does I.S. relate to my undergraduate degree? Not much besides GIS (Geographic Information System) which I'm a huge fan of because of the computer application.
Generally I am sucker for computers and I.T. My passion for it is concentrated. Enough ranting...

Please, I could use all the advise I can get besides the "wear a genuine smile, eye contact and being concise" tips.
I understand I have to be there at least an hour before.
I'm not the best religious person there is ...
*LE SIGH* ... & oh one more thing, I smile too much. Like I laugh alot - what do you guys think?

Please Advise,
Eros.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.