Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,033 members, 7,890,378 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310427 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
nairaspace:

lol

Name Change lipsrsealed I hate that thing!!!

Sir Shoggie, First of all, make sure you remember details you filled on your DS160. Try am make sure there is no conflicting lipsrsealed. concerning your brother as sponsor, i would advice, stick to that and to have his statement topped up, email me at nairaspace at yahoo.com

To all that was refused and incase you dont know. If you want to fill your ds160 with the same information you filled at the first interview, retrieve your submitted form by the following steps.

get to DS160 page, select the location and click retrieve application.

put in your old application ID and select continue, answer your normal security questions and continue, it will notify you that you already submitted, either print the confirmation page or start a new application.

Select start a new application. this time it will ask you to create a new security question and it will bring your old ds160 data on a new DS160 application id.

Then you can input this new application id when booking for another appointment.

Hope that helps,

@Shoggie, dont forget to email me.

Bro. check your inbox for shoggie.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
Bem_bem: Can anyone pls send me some recent GRE materials. I'm applying for Fall 2013. My major is going to be Professional Communication. Is their any specialized GRE I need to take or the general one?
Thanks.

benineprince@gmail.com
Sent.
Confirm from your proposed department which GRE you aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ meant † write. Its most likely † be the General Revised test. Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
payne4real: Pls i need tofel tutorial.i can not meet up with SAT january exam registration.so i wnt to do tofel insted.
Payne4real@yahoo.com
Sent. Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sorry Fø̲̣̣я̅ the denial my sister. You gave away yourself by giving more information than was necessary. When he asked you if you knew anybody at Texas (he was trying † analyze your ties † the US/your immigration intent), your answer should have been simply 'no'. Also, when he asked you whether you applied † any university in Nigeria, you would have told him 'yes' ø̲̣̣я̅ 'no'. At this point you gave yourself away by mentioning the other school in texas which was not necessary for the question asked in the first place.
And, mentioning the second school in Texas got the VO thinking that you are desperate † join a family member of yours in Texas(which signalled immigration intent † him again!). Even though they know that many F1 students rarely return, at the interview, still, make efforts † prove you don't have the intent (even though you do).
I hope you do learn and prepare yourself better next time. Success!

I will like to emphatically stress this salient important point. DO NOT EVER MENTION IT TO VO that you apply to two schools in the same states even if you do so. It will definitely raise a RED FLAG and if you do so, that is the end of the whole Interview. Those VO's are not nice and will see you as a potential immigrant. Remember, there are 50 states in US. Infact, someone stated a similar remarks made by VO about his interview in one of the recent posts. Seaech for it to catch the picture to avoid similar occurence in near future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sent.
Confirm from your proposed department which GRE you aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ meant † write. Its most likely † be the General Revised test. Success.

Bro, abeg help send the GRE & TOEFL materials to shoggie2001 at yahoo dot com. A friend of mine has been disturbing for it. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
dtabimbola: @ scarlet, @ imperiouxx... thanks for ur reply.
I wrote GRE ( 290) Toefl(71) The scores are too low for my likening.
Am planning of presenting only GRE ( online printout, ETS/NIPOST problem stuff)
PLEASE HOUSE dt Correlation issue is what I need now oo, MASTER IN TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP
AND Nursing Science ( BNSc) imperiouxxx, am stil waitin for ur call as promised sir.
Thanks. 070xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Hey! Remove your phone number and email from this public forum pleeeeeeaaase! I will call you on weekend. Once I leave house in the morning I get back very late at night, broken up and ready to eat and sleep.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
@ous abt d not having som1 in texas I was tinking of getting som1 mayb a distant relation shuld in case d vo askd if I ad som1 I wuld just say yes.cos d last tym he askd and I sed no but I told him abt som1 in nyc.he shook his head I tink he saw 2 d fact dat texas 2 nyc is far nd nt aving som1 in a city like texas myt b risky 4 a girl.or wat do u tink.@ous I really want 2 knw were my mistakes came 4rm.tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
redscarlet: @ous abt d not having som1 in texas I was tinking of getting som1 mayb a distant relation shuld in case d vo askd if I ad som1 I wuld just say yes. cos d last tym he askd and I sed no but I told him abt som1 in nyc.he shook his head I tink he saw 2 d fact dat texas 2 nyc is far nd nt aving som1 in a city like texas myt b risky 4 a girl.or wat do u tink.@ous I really want 2 knw were my mistakes came 4rm.tanks

Don't even...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
redscarlet: @ous abt d not having som1 in texas I was tinking of getting som1 mayb a distant relation shuld in case d vo askd if I ad som1 I wuld just say yes.cos d last tym he askd and I sed no but I told him abt som1 in nyc.he shook his head I tink he saw 2 d fact dat texas 2 nyc is far nd nt aving som1 in a city like texas myt b risky 4 a girl.or wat do u tink.@ous I really want 2 knw were my mistakes came 4rm.tanks

U still don't get it , why he (vo) shook his head was dt it didn't mk any sense to him why u will hv someone in new York and yet apply to 2 schools in Texas .. And thr is nothing about risk going to a any of the states cz I'm sure 75% of people dt travel do not hv anyone in d states they r going to..
Lesson u should learn: don't give urself away by giving too many info dt will mk it seem like ure migrating..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
redscarlet: @ous abt d not having som1 in texas I was tinking of getting som1 mayb a distant relation shuld in case d vo askd if I ad som1 I wuld just say yes.cos d last tym he askd and I sed no but I told him abt som1 in nyc.he shook his head I tink he saw 2 d fact dat texas 2 nyc is far nd nt aving som1 in a city like texas myt b risky 4 a girl.or wat do u tink.@ous I really want 2 knw were my mistakes came 4rm.tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2012

They've told u what ur mistakes are but u still don't understand. Contact me so I can explain everytin 2 ur understanding. I'm going 2 Texas for xmas next week friday and I'll go to school from there. If u want, I can help u mail ur documents to apply to a uni there. As it is, community college is not always favorable for visa interviews. Its like ur confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mamacita007:

They've told u what ur mistakes are but u still don't understand. Contact me so I can explain everytin 2 ur understanding. I'm going 2 Texas for xmas next week friday and I'll go to school from there. If u want, I can help u mail ur documents to apply to a uni there. As it is, community college is not always favorable for visa interviews. Its like ur confused.

Aaaaooooo, you get mouth oo, wetin you want we wey never reach Texas do about our xmas ooo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mystiqme: So I have been on this thread since 2010 and I have been following up throughout my GRE and TOEFL process, through my application process and through my spring rejects but I finally had my interview last Friday and this is how it went down.
It was pretty short (about 3 mins) as I told God I wanted the previous day and out of my over 20 documents, only 2 were requested by the VO.
I was at the Lagos embassy and about 4 VOs were interviewing:the African-American on Counter 1,one white guy on 2,one elderly guy on 3, and one other guy on the last counter.
The guy on C2 refused all the women that came for visiting(Did he think they were pregnant undecided). Anyway my token number was 174 and when i saw 173 on C2, I don dey fear but I don dey prepare my mind for a difficult interview even though I was sure I would make it.Suddenly C1 flashed 174 and I walked up to him on jelly legs. It seemed I had forgotten everything I had rehearsed. Anyway....
The Interview
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass your documents, please.
Me: I passed them. He scrutinized them and at the same time was looking at my face. Maybe he dey look this small boi wey dey go do PhD.
VO: Did you take the GRE?
Me: Yes I took it (I passed him my scores).
VO: Do you have your transcript?
Me: Yes, I do. I pass am.
VO: Looked at my transcript and asked 'What is ecology?' I guess this question came up because I studied Botany and I am going for a PhD in Ecology.
Me: I don already dey blow answer afterall na my turf na, but he stopped me and asked:
VO: What is the difference between Botany and Ecology?
Me: Botany is basically the study of plants while Ecology is the study of plants in their environment..both biotic and abiotic. Short like that, I no sabi talk too much wink
VO: So what will this degree do for you?
Me: Well, I already work here as a ...... so it will enable me get promoted more rapidly in my place of work.
As I was answering the last question He was already tearing the green ticket.
VO: Alright, I am granting you your Visa, go and collect it on Wednesday at Ikeja.
Me: In a small voice..thank you. I was trying to hide a smile but I was not successful. grin
All the best guys, I will try to be available to answer any questions. Cheers!

@mystiqme,i see you gained a Phd admission. please were u interviewed on phone by your intended school at the time? can you please share the interview experience(school,not embassy) so i can learn from it? Thanks a lot.
oga imperiouxx,any ideas/tips?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:38am On Dec 14, 2012
winbyforce:
@mystiqme,i see you gained a Phd admission. please were u interviewed on phone by your intended school at the time? can you please share the interview experience(school,not embassy) so i can learn from it? Thanks a lot.
oga imperiouxx,any ideas/tips?

Sure, many schools will ask you for a phone interview rather than campus visiting interview, so by that internationals can be given opportunities. I have a colleague who was interviewed on phone and he is doing his PhD in Pharmacology in South Florida. Some like University of Washington will invite you on campus for interview with traveling expenses within the US paid, that means their PhD is mainly for those in the US. Since you will be applying from Nigeria, be expecting phone interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:44am On Dec 14, 2012
Square will you be in Houston on Dec 26? Will be there with a friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:09am On Dec 14, 2012
imperiouxx:

Aaaaooooo, you get mouth oo, wetin you want we wey never reach Texas do about our xmas ooo?

Oga imperrioux which kain bad belle be dis nau? U no say na fresh passport I take get dis visa. E dey shack me oo buh I wanted to help the gal sha. Make I go enjoy Xmas for Houston with my cousins before school resumes in Jan 7. i Ve never moved out of my parents hse in my life so I'm scared about this new journey. i
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:14am On Dec 14, 2012
Mamacita007:

Oga imperrioux which kain bad belle be dis nau? U no say na fresh passport I take get dis visa. E dey shack me oo buh I wanted to help the gal sha. Make I go enjoy Xmas for Houston with my cousins before school resumes in Jan 7. i Ve never moved out of my parents hse in my life so I'm scared about this new journey. i

lolzzzz.... Ok ooo, happy for you o. I'm might be in Houston too but depends on this my Brit supervisor. Take enough pix with her because I'm looking forward to see who the bonita is. You know where I will see sha?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:31am On Dec 14, 2012
imperiouxx: ... might be in Houston too but depends on this my Brit supervisor. Take enough pix with her because I'm looking forward to see who the bonita is. You know where I will see sha?

Wow! So Mr. Imperiouxx would be visiting Houston and he tells Mamacita before me. cool

Hey, let's do lunch if you've got free time that day. Would be nice to see you in person (though I already know how you look grin). Mamacita is yellow paw-paw like sunlight so you don't need to see her. looooool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by odowetalu(m): 7:16am On Dec 14, 2012
My interview is next week and I haven't gotten my i20. Please what is the minimum time for cancelling appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sent.

I would not mind if anyone can help send GRE materials to this email shoggie2001 at yahoo dot com. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:33am On Dec 14, 2012
shoggie:

I would not mind if anyone can help send GRE materials to this email shoggie2001 at yahoo dot com. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Hello house......can a person who has been rejected visa within the last 6 months request an emergency date? I await your responses. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dejik2002: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hello house, please I need a quick answer to my enquiry. Has anyone travelled with Turkish airlines. Must you purchase a return ticket when u are travelling for the first time. Is their cancellation policy reliable. Pls house I need a quick response. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
Helio house,

Just got my f1 approved about 30 mins ago...

I'm so excited.
Ill be shearin my experience saoon I'm on myb way home.. I can't type to well on my BB touch.. So I will post my experiece wen I geet in front of my laptop

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
dejik2002: Hello house, please I need a quick answer to my enquiry. Has anyone travelled with Turkish airlines. Must you purchase a return ticket when u are travelling for the first time. Is their cancellation policy reliable. Pls house I need a quick response. Thanks

They always like people to get a return ticket.Why? They are trying to enforce this because immigration law says if someone is rejected at the port of entry, the airline must bear the cost of returning the person back to where he boarded. This has caused a great loss for airlines. Cos, many Africans are returned at the port of entry may be due to some illegal stuffs (fake visa,drugs fake docs and co).Airline bear the cost before POE, the Government bear the deportation cost after POE.

Just try and book for one way. Cos, return is a waste unless u plan to go Naija in less than 1yr. If they don't allow in their office, use agent.In their office, they will tell u that station manager will not allow u to fly. Forget that, no one can stop u from flying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
ronakoks: Helio house,

I'm so excited.
Ill be shearin my experience saoon I'm on myb way home.. I can't type to well on my BB touch.. So I will post my experiece wen I geet in front of my laptop
Men! That's great news! The lagos embassy finally did the job. Your journey from Abuja † Lagos wasn't a waste finally. Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Men! That's great news! The lagos embassy finally did the job. Your journey from Abuja † Lagos wasn't a waste finally. Congratulations!

yeah he is good to go!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
bigfrancis21:

thanks @bigfrancis21!

it was in abuja consulate. i just couldnt find an excuse to take another several days off work for me to travel to lagos. They approved my emergency request in abuja, so l canceled my 18 december appointment in lagos and reschedule another apointmnt in abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
ronakoks: Helio house,

I'm so excited.
@ronakoks... Mhen congratulations bruva, I'm happi u made it cos its good u didn't quit d first time, a very good comeback story and sumtin for odas yet to apply to learn from.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
@Ronakoks Congrats!! That's a nice way to round up the year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
dejik2002: Hello house, please I need a quick answer to my enquiry. Has anyone travelled with Turkish airlines. Must you purchase a return ticket when u are travelling for the first time. Is their cancellation policy reliable. Pls house I need a quick response. Thanks

I will advice u to book a return nd choose a september date den later reschedule or cancel cos the thin is even if u choose oneway, they will charge u same amount as a 2way ticket infact sum airlines dnt even hv oneway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dtabimbola(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
hi, guru in the house................
MOST of my certificated are laminated, please wont this torpedo me during interview next week.
don pray tire oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.