Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,973 members, 7,890,203 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310416 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
ronakoks:
You have to give the VO an idea of what u stand to benefit from the program and how you will make use of it. I generally refrained from "I will comeback to nigeria" statement. Its a smelling lie... and the VO know it. Rather I tried to give the VO an Idea of the kind of organization i want to work and what kinda work i will be able to do with my degre (A Clear and sensible career goal). In this case i made mention of some reputable Research Institutions in NIgeria. That way I'm indireclty or subconsciously inferring some intent of returning to Nigeria after my studies in a subtle manner. This one is slightly more believable.

You didnt say that you will come back to Nigeria, but it was inferred in your response to the vo when you said that "i will be able to take on technical positions in research institutions like the Institute of Human virology Nigeria or the Nigerian Institute of Medical research or similar organizations and agencies" so its the same thing. As long as you mentioned Nigeria in your goals, thats all they want to hear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
babsharon: Hello house. Pls i need ur advise. I have plan of going for MBA in u.s but the school did not required GMAT or GRE. But just thinking of writing it because of the visa officer here. Pls which of the 2 test can you advise me to write. I will appreciate if someone can reply me. Mr imperioux ur attention is needed pls.
GMAT would be more appropriate for business and management studies. some schools accept GRE in lieu of GMAT though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
babsharon: Good morning . Pls can someone send me GRE material. My email is sheephybaba@rocketmail.com. Again where can i register in lagos and how much can it cost me. Hope to hear from my fellow brother in the house. Thanks all
You can register and take the GRE test at FIRST LOGIC,ikeja lagos(by Wema bank building). I did mine in June 2012 and it cost 39.5k there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote author=Mamacita007]

hahahaa Dont worry. Your visa is in progress!
By the grace of God .. IT IS APPROVED!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ Ronakoks,Congrats mehn! There'll be more good news in the house.Amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2012
Is Dere any available date 4 visa interview in lagos 4 fi visa?pls some1 shud help out...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
ronakoks: My appointment was 10.45am and i arrived at the embassy at 10.50. I was the last person to be interviewed. It was the dreaded VO at window 9. The guy that interogates like FBI. so i was prettey scared and at one point i felt like my heart was goin to jump out of my chest. Ive been to abuja counculate 3 times in the last 3 weeks and i had never seen this guy issue any F1... he always found something to deny applicants. He likes to recite US section 214b to the applicants as he denies them "... you know... US imigration laws are very strict now,... bla bla bla please read the info of this letter carefully so that you can better understand why i am denying a visa at this time bla bla bla... NEXT APPLICANT WINDOW 9!!!"

Vo: Goodmornin
me: Goodmornin sir

Vo: pass me your docs.

(i passed my docs and vo took quite some time lookin at my info on his system. My heart started to raise again, cos i was expecting him to say,.. "I see you were here last week,. what brings you back this time?". but he didnt. He just looked at my I20 and started the interviewee like it was my 1st time there.)

Vo: Why do you want to study at this shool?

(at this point my mouth was very dry as i was very tensed cos all the F1 applicants i saw were interveiwed b4 me were denied and im the last person left. And this vo at window 9 dosn't smile at all. He had a straight face. In fact his eyes were kinda red. Oyinbo man wey him eyes dey red smiley)

Me: I chose to study at ...state university cos the course curriculum the of program im goin to study suites my academic and career aspiration. it emphasizes a perfect combination of my core interests in Microbiology, cell and molecular biology and molecular genetics. I wish to acquire advanced skill sets in these area and the faculty at the department of biology is a great faculty with vast experience in this feild. Also, as a graduate student at the department of biology i will have the opportunity of participating in ongoing research carried out by the faculty. And this is very important to me because it will allow me develop the necessary skills and knowledge I need to advance my career.

Vo: So what will this program do for you?
Me; This program will prepare me adequately for a career in research and with a graduate degree in biological sciences i will be able to take on technical positions in research institutions like the Institute of Human virology Nigeria or the Nigerian Institute of Medical research or similar organizations and agencies where i can apply the advanced skills i would have acquired in ongoin reserch activies that ere generally geared towards enhacing our capability to mitigating cerrtain diseases.

Vo: what kinda research would you want to do?
Me: I would want to work in HIV research. (my brain quickly trigered here and i remembered one article i read some days back on ongoin reseach in that disipline) ....And also research work such as the H3Africa project. I dont knoww if you know about this research initiative sir(I was asking the vo if he new about it but i didnt wait for him to respond ooo lol grin)... It is funded by the the US National Institute of Health (NIH). It is called H3Africa project. H3Africa is stands for Human Heredity and Health in africa. This research project will facilitate studies on different life forms, diseases and interaction between genes and drugs of various populations in Africa and Nigeria in particular, with the aim of better understanding health and diseases affecting us.(As i kept on talking it seemed as if i was begining to digress a little, so i quickly capped it up).. The main point is that such important research work greatly employs the latest and most advanced technology in genomics and molecular bioscience. And with the skills i would be learnnig at the depaartment of biology in SEMO, i will be properly equiped to take up technical roles in this descipline. ....(Im sure he didnt hear all my story, cos i was talking really fast and starmering too.. but my first and last sentence i made sure he heard cos i stressed it..And with the skills i would be learnnig at depaartment of biology in SEMO, i will be properly equiped to take up technical roles in this descipline.)

VO: whos paying for your education.
Me: My mum.

Vo: whats her occupation?
Me: She is a major distributor for dangote group and supply many sub-distributor in abuja and surrounding states cement and other dangote products. bla bla bla.. but she mostly supply cement.

VO: can i see her statement?
Me: yes sir( I passed it to him and looked at it thouroghly)

VO: so who are the owolabis (cos he saw alot of transction with the name owolabi)
Me: They are my mum's employees

Before he finished lookin through my statement I was alread dispaying my gre score to him through the glass separation.

VO: whats that?
Me: My gre scores sir

Vo: Oh,.. please pass it to me ( I passed it and he looked at it thoroughly)

VO: were did you take this exam?
Me: Here in abuja. I took the test in August.

then he started staring at his computer screen and typing alot.

VO : where did you do you undergraduate study
Me: University of Benin

Vo: Ok... (kept on typing and looking at his screen)

VO: Are you married ?
Me: NO sir. Im single

VO: Any kids?
Me Im sorry?...

VO: Do you have any kids
Me: No sir

VO: DO you have any relations in the US?
Me: NO sir, I dont

He kept typing and typing and asked me when my school is resuming

Me: My school resumes 7th january sir

(At this point he already separated my bank statment and I20 and gre report from my ds16o0 and passport. But i didnt want to let my guard down just yet cos the other VO did the same on my first interviewe and i thought she was goin to issue me f1 and she didnt. So i still remained alert).

VO: You are working right?
Me: Yes sir. im currently employed

VO: What do you do?
ME: I work with the University of .... teaching hospital. I work in the Lab that caters solely to the HIV treatment facility there. We have one of the biggest hiv/aids care and treatment facility in the country and i am designated to newly enrolled HIV patients and I run preliminary tests for newly enrolled patients bla bla bla (This is a lie! a big lie.. na medical records i dey oo, not lab grin... but since the vo was still looking at me, i quickly capped with.. its basically HIV related work dat i do there).

Then he returned my docs to me. This time its without my ds160 and passport.

VO: ok.. you are gonna pick up you visa on Tuesday( he reaches for white paper again. but this time na pick up adress dey on top lol grin)

from then on... i wasnt listening to what he was saying.... it doesnt matter to me any more. My visa has already been approved.. grin grin

I think the difference between this vo and the other vo at window 6 that interviewed me the last time is that he didnt smile or nodd at all. And becos he didnt nodd at my response, i kept talkin and talkin cos if he had nodded after one short sentence/answer, I would have thought he was satisfied with my answer not knowing the nodd is just to give me a false sense of approval or agreement to my response. These people are psycologists to the core.. they laugh with you and make you comfortable until dey pull out the white letter with section 214b. So my advice is that you never let you gaurd down. Dont ever think they are nice and been friendly with you. Its a trick. They are there to do their jobs and have never met u before. so how do u think someone who dosnt know you would all of a sudden like you and start smiling with you... so dont let dem fool you with smiles and nodds,.. in fact if they smile at you dont smile back.... you didnt come to see smiles you came for your visa.. so pour out you mind... dont stop talking until dey cut you... as long as you are makin sense..

Bruva yu nailed it...that booth 9 guy really gats red eyes wit no smiles mayb e dey smoke weed but you clear the weed comot for em eye. Wit how yu answered his Questions he had no other option than to give yu tat Visa mehn. Broda lets go der ooo..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ous am waiting 4 reply

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
Thank u very much for this advice. Is diploma and my o level is waec. I don't av d transcript of d diploma i av only the result and my id card, is dat enough for a proof? I want to give them enough proof for the diploma in my next interview. More so i told the vo i will come back to take over my dad computer biz and also establish a well equipped computer programming sch here wit the help of my parent, so am thinking of taking along a letter from my dad saying dat too. About the standardize test, i don't tink there is time for the result to be out b4 my interview and the next exam date i saw online is early next year and dis is very far to the resumption date. Is it adviceable to book my next interview to lagos or it should be abuja too? Waiting...... Tanx much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2012
ronakoks:

thanks,

I made up my mind that even if the vo denies me again... let it be that i put in my best and express my self totally.. so i was very prepared for for the interveiwe.. i took out tyme to read through almost every interveiwe experience on this thread and noticed the parttern of most successful applicants. You have to give the VO an idea of what u stand to benefit from the program and how you will make use of it. I generally refrained from "I will comeback to nigeria" [/b]statement. Its a smelling lie... and the VO know it. Rather I tried to give the VO an Idea of the kind of organization i want to work and what kinda work i will be able to do with my degre (A Clear and sensible career goal). In this case i made mention of some reputable Research Institutions in NIgeria. That way I'm indireclty or subconsciously inferring some intent of returning to Nigeria after my studies in a subtle manner. This one is slightly more believable.

Also i want to say that i picked a little brain from webstrademus's interveiwe experience and i modified it to suit my case.

Mamacita007:

You didnt say that you will come back to Nigeria, but [b]it was inferred in your response
to the vo when you said that "i will be able to take on technical positions in research institutions like the Institute of Human virology Nigeria or the Nigerian Institute of Medical research or similar organizations and agencies" so its the same thing. As long as you mentioned Nigeria in your goals, thats all they want to hear.

I think what ronakoks meant was that one shouldn't say that statement directly, rather, one should make the vo deduce it him/herself from your goals.

Congrats again, ronakoks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
@dmoney.. if u've paid ur mrv fee and u've nt booked an appointment before, u can check d dates urself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ollydon. Is not a full scholarship, is partial. The sch is going to fund me 3g out of my tuition fee, just a token out of it ni o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
ronakoks:

If he's goin for 3 weeks visit, i think he should simply apply for a B1/B2 category. From my own little understanding, F2 is for F1 dependants... which means he intends to stay with her as a dependant in the US until she completes her study.
But if he's just goin for a 3weeks visit to see her. Its best he applies for a visitors visa. Cos thats wat VO will ask him... Why are u applying for F2 when you are only goin to stay for 3weeks. Except he's goin to apply as a dependant. which means he intends to stay with her as a dependant in the US until she completes her studies in the US.

I might have to disagree with you a little on this one. I think he should go for F2, on the condition that his wife declared him as her husband on her ds160 when she applied. With this, I think he stands at least an equal chance (if not more) of getting is visa approved than applying for B1/B2.

I am of the opinion that the vo would wonder why he's applying for B1/B2, if he's qualified to apply for F-2 (just a thought).

And not to say that with F2, he would be able stay or visit anytime for as long as his wife's status is "active" in the US. Renewal is almost automatically approved when requested.

I would only advise him to apply for B1/B2, if and only if his wife didn't declare him as her husband on her visa application. Even with this, he would not state his purpose of travel as going to visit his wife.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
A quote from 7:59am On Nov 11

athlone: please house a friend of mine want to know how he can get his F-2 visa,his wife just left for the US a month ago and he wish to visit her by december...what documents does he need please?

A quote from 8:23pm On Nov 11
Square65:

I hope his wife declared she is married to him on her ds160? Otherwise it might be difficult but not impossible.

Tell your friend to ask his wife to get him his i20(they might need proof of additional finances determined by the school, shdnt be more than $3k extra or so), with copies of her own i20, visa page, i94, proof of enrollment(registration), phone records, etc.

He might also need to go with their wedding certificate. Just like other interviews, he might not be asked to show most of these documents but its better to over-prepare.

Another quote from 11:38am on Dec 15
athlone: please a friend is going for an F-2 interview on thursday.....please what documents and possible questions should he expect from the V.O...his wife is in the US with the F-1 visa,hes just going for a visit for 3 weeks.
Thanks.

??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
phateemah73: @ollydon. Is not a full scholarship, is partial. The sch is going to fund me 3g out of my tuition fee, just a token out of it ni o
that's cool bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2012
ronakoks:

If he's goin for 3 weeks visit, i think he should simply apply for a B1/B2 category. From my own little understanding, F2 is for F1 dependants... which means he intends to stay with her as a dependant in the US until she completes her study.
But if he's just goin for a 3weeks visit to see her. Its best he applies for a visitors visa. Cos thats wat VO will ask him... Why are u applying for F2 when you are only goin to stay for 3weeks. Except he's goin to apply as a dependant. which means he intends to stay with her as a dependant in the US until she completes her studies in the US.
You hit the point on this one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
phateemah73: Thank u very much for this advice. Is diploma and my o level is waec. I don't av d transcript of d diploma i av only the result and my id card, is dat enough for a proof? I want to give them enough proof for the diploma in my next interview. More so i told the vo i will come back to take over my dad computer biz and also establish a well equipped computer programming sch here wit the help of my parent, so am thinking of taking along a letter from my dad saying dat too. About the standardize test, i don't tink there is time for the result to be out b4 my interview and the next exam date i saw online is early next year and dis is very far to the resumption date. Is it adviceable to book my next interview to lagos or it should be abuja too? Waiting...... Tanx much
'I will come back to Nigeria to...'. Try to avoid starting your statement like this next time. Try a more subtle but cogent approach like the one Ronakoks used. Fø̲̣̣я̅ eg 'obtaining this degree would better prepare me with the skills, work and ethic required to take up and run a management position in my father's company while also making ♍ƺ more marketable to other enterprising companies such as XYZ Lagos hε̲̣̣rε̲̣̣ I'll be working part time...' That way the VO will indirectly deduce that you have the required home ties. Starting off with 'I intend to return..' Ø̲̣̣я̅ 'I will return to Nigeria...' may sound pretentious to the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
athlone: please a friend is going for an F-2 interview on thursday.....please what documents and possible questions should he expect from the V.O...his wife is in the US with the F-1 visa,hes just going for a visit for 3 weeks.
Thanks.

I second SQUARE65 on this one.

I don't think that the conditions on the F2 requires a spouse to be fully resident in the US. In other words, your friend can visit his wife with it or reside in the US as long as the F1 holder is in status. From Square65, I would only advise him to apply for B1/B2, if and only if his wife didn't declare him as her husband on her visa application. Even with this, he would not state his purpose of travel as going to visit his wife.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
phateemah73: Thank u very much for this advice. Is diploma and my o level is waec. I don't av d transcript of d diploma i av only the result and my id card, is dat enough for a proof? ...... Tanx much

You're welcome. You didn't answer if your diploma is from a higher institution.

dmoney104: why did u say VIU again...HOPE ALL IS WELL OR U ARE HIDING SOMETHING,,,,,and how can i contact my schoolmates
dmoney104: @yvete,,still waiting 4 ur respond..

cheesy cheesy hehehe.. Please pay no attention to this laughing jacka$$ (me). I know nothing about Virginia International University. Watch out for this guy @airroseice. You would be attending the same school for Spring '13 - Coolstuff. Wish you luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
Yvete: Starting off with "I will come back to Nigeria ..." is not a likely reason for denial. Convincing stories, credible reasons for coming back and maybe the VO's mood/temperament/readiness-to-listen is what matters. Overconfident and extra-prepared students have been denied 1-2-3 times without this statement. My 2 cents...

I must add that overconfidence can be quite off-putting, IMO. (Noticed obvious cockiness here today).

The reason why you shouldnt begin your statement with "I will come back to Nigeria.." is because in most cases the VO isnt really directly asking if you intend to come back to Nigeria. VO is simply asking you why do you want to study this program? or what will this program do for?.. or what will you do after completing the program?.. and not exactly askin you whether u will come back to Nigeria. Even though they know from their statistics that most wont. So if your reponse is "I will come back to Nigeria"... you didnt answer the question. you are simply telling the vo what you think he wants to hear. So always state clearly your career plans then followed by how you can make use of your degree in Nigeria or Internationally(execpt in the US grin). No need reiterating that you will come back to Nigeria because thats wat you are expected to do after ur studies. Even if you dont mention it.. VO can deduce from the interveiwe whether or not you are likely to return after your studies. Another reason you shouldnt is because thats what most pple say. And if you begin your statement that way, it may be the only thing the vo hears( if vo is the impatient type). Try to be more creative and appear more sincere and convincing with you response.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
Square65:

I might have to disagree with you a little on this one. I think he should go for F2, on the condition that his wife declared him as her husband on her ds160 when she applied. With this, I think he stands at least an equal chance (if not more) of getting is visa approved than applying for B1/B2.

I am of the opinion that the vo would wonder why he's applying for B1/B2, if he's qualified to apply for F-2 (just a thought).

And not to say that with F2, he would be able stay or visit anytime for as long as his wife's status is "active" in the US. Renewal is almost automatically approved when requested.

I would only advise him to apply for B1/B2, if and only if his wife didn't declare him as her husband on her visa application. Even with this, he would not state his purpose of travel as going to visit his wife.

thanks for your response i appreciate...she declared her stat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote author=athlone]
thanks for your response i appreciate...she declared her status has been married and it will afford him the opportunity to visit her anytime he wishes......he also stand a better chance of getting his f-2 approve than a B1/B2.....thanks i aprct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2012
Yvete: Overconfident and extra-prepared students have been denied 1-2-3 times without this statement. My 2 cents...

I must add that overconfidence can be quite off-putting, IMO. (Noticed obvious cockiness here today).

overconfidence can truly be quite off-puting, especially wen you are talkin off point. My first interview i was quite confident and very calm and i was still denied. But my second interviewe i very scared and shaky and i stammered a lot... but i still managed to express myself clearly and i was granted... the VO's mood/temperament/readiness-to-listen can sometimes be a factor..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
@Ronakoks thanks for your contributions too,i appreciate your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ATHLONE

Please do you sell used cars? Im trying to sell my car before friday and don't how to reach you. Please see the link below. Can you be of help to me cos im desperate right now? Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1128163/2006-chrysler-pt-cruiser-sale#13322057
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by airroseice(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hey Guys,

I'm back again ... Like iForgot my Blackberry charger ... Jokes aside, my VISA was denied cry
I'll try to narrate my ordeal if I'm able to recollect details from ill-fated day.
It was a sunny Thursday morning in Abuja, woke up early and felt really energized (Me Mah had prayed for me and I did my push-ups, Sit-ups and what-not)
So I arrived the embassy a tad late... say 15 minutes late and I met this crowd outside, I took a seat and followed the line movement.
Fast forward to my experience with the V.O ... before I proceed I must say that I envy y'all that are able to remember the conversation with the V.O. because it's a challenge for me ... probably because I didn't get the Visa grin
Anyway, I'll never forget her cold-blue-pretty eyes in a Hurry... the V.O @ Windows 8 in the Abuja Consulate.
What I remember:

V.O: Good afternoon, Please pass your documents.
Me: Good afternoon - how are you? - Passed my documents.
V.O: I'm fine - typing stuffs into her computer.
V.O: What did you study for Undergraduate?
Me: Regional Planning and Geography.
V.O: How did you hear about this school?
Me: A Friend graduated from the school and recommended it.
V.O: Why Information Systems?
Me: Information Technology has always been my area of interested and my passion for it is concentrated.
V.O: What's your GRE Score?
Me: I didn't take the test because V.I.U. said I'll take a test upon my arrival.
V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: V.I.U and University of Idaho (iLied here because I only applied to VIU)
V.O: Did you hear back from the other school?
Me: No I did not. (I think I messed up here)
V.O: Why did you finally decide to study information systems at V.I.U
Me: *Gave her the info-system speech*
V.O: Why did you decided to study at V.I.U over the other school?
Me: I did my research and checked out their campus and facilities, the academic and social environment, value for money and the tech advancement in the USA.
V.O: What do you do for work?
Me: I'm an investment adviser at a real estate firm.
V.O: What are you going to do after your study?
Me: I'm going to return and work for my current employer for at least 3 years but my long range goal is to set up my own I.T. firm to provide solution that bridges businesses and computer science.

I'll save you from this pathetic convo, she said she couldn't issue me the VISA at this time. I asked what the problem was but she didn't give me any specific reason. I asked how soon I could re-apply and she said to "Wait a while". I was really cordial and had all my documents ready. So tell me what you think. Also the Chat with the V.O. didn't exactly happened in that sequence.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can you guys please recommend an inexpensive school with good reputation in the USA that I can apply to for Masters in I.T related course?
2. Is it possible for any school to request tuition (maybe part payment) upfront and consequently send my name to the embassy for easy interview?
3. If yes to Q2, Can you please list any?

I'm going to get my Masters in I.T. and so help me God it will be in the USA; the funds is available and I have a lot of reasons to come back to Nigeria (Trust Me). I am a fighter and I don't give up easily. I like to think that I made a mistake and it can be fixed. It's funny how I handled the rejection self. Hehehe.

Please let me know your thoughts on my case before I start with my research.

With respect,
Eros.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2012
airroseice: Hey Guys,

1. Can you guys please recommend an inexpensive school with good reputation in the USA that I can apply to for Masters in I.T related course? I am a fighter and I don't give up easily. I like to think that I made a mistake and it can be fixed.

awww sorry. Forget about your interview for now and focus on Question 1. Write GRE, apply to a reputable school, prepare and the visa is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
Mamacita007: @ATHLONE

Please do you sell used cars? Im trying to sell my car before friday and don't how to reach you. Please see the link below. Can you be of help to me cos im desperate right now? Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1128163/2006-chrysler-pt-cruiser-sale#13322057

you can reach me on 08091535393....might be able to help out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelson20: 12:21am On Dec 16, 2012
"Seasons Greetings to you all " :-)l
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 6:57am On Dec 16, 2012
@@airroseice, sori 4 nt getting your visa , dnt gve up keep try ing man, pls send me ur number I will be going 4 my interview soon @ lagos d same school(viu) I need som little help 4rm u....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2012
airroseice: Hey Guys,

I'm back again ... Like iForgot my Blackberry charger ... Jokes aside, my VISA was denied cry
I'll try to narrate my ordeal if I'm able to recollect details from ill-fated day.
It was a sunny Thursday morning in Abuja, woke up early and felt really energized (Me Mah had prayed for me and I did my push-ups, Sit-ups and what-not)
So I arrived the embassy a tad late... say 15 minutes late and I met this crowd outside, I took a seat and followed the line movement.
Fast forward to my experience with the V.O ... before I proceed I must say that I envy y'all that are able to remember the conversation with the V.O. because it's a challenge for me ... probably because I didn't get the Visa grin
Anyway, I'll never forget her cold-blue-pretty eyes in a Hurry... the V.O @ Windows 8 in the Abuja Consulate.
What I remember:

V.O: Good afternoon, Please pass your documents.
Me: Good afternoon - how are you? - Passed my documents.
V.O: I'm fine - typing stuffs into her computer.
V.O: What did you study for Undergraduate?
Me: Regional Planning and Geography.
V.O: How did you hear about this school?
Me: A Friend graduated from the school and recommended it.
V.O: Why Information Systems?
Me: Information Technology has always been my area of interested and my passion for it is concentrated.
V.O: What's your GRE Score?
Me: I didn't take the test because V.I.U. said I'll take a test upon my arrival.
V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: V.I.U and University of Idaho (iLied here because I only applied to VIU)
V.O: Did you hear back from the other school?
Me: No I did not. (I think I messed up here)
V.O: Why did you finally decide to study information systems at V.I.U
Me: *Gave her the info-system speech*
V.O: Why did you decided to study at V.I.U over the other school?
Me: I did my research and checked out their campus and facilities, the academic and social environment, value for money and the tech advancement in the USA.
V.O: What do you do for work?
Me: I'm an investment adviser at a real estate firm.
V.O: What are you going to do after your study?
Me: I'm going to return and work for my current employer for at least 3 years but my long range goal is to set up my own I.T. firm to provide solution that bridges businesses and computer science.

I'll save you from this pathetic convo, she said she couldn't issue me the VISA at this time. I asked what the problem was but she didn't give me any specific reason. I asked how soon I could re-apply and she said to "Wait a while". I was really cordial and had all my documents ready. So tell me what you think. Also the Chat with the V.O. didn't exactly happened in that sequence.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can you guys please recommend an inexpensive school with good reputation in the USA that I can apply to for Masters in I.T related course?
2. Is it possible for any school to request tuition (maybe part payment) upfront and consequently send my name to the embassy for easy interview?
3. If yes to Q2, Can you please list any?

I'm going to get my Masters in I.T. and so help me God it will be in the USA; the funds is available and I have a lot of reasons to come back to Nigeria (Trust Me). I am a fighter and I don't give up easily. I like to think that I made a mistake and it can be fixed. It's funny how I handled the rejection self. Hehehe.

With respect,
Eros.

Yea i remember that woman in booth 8 with blue eyes.
Bruva your responses are too generalized. Make it more specific and these are my simple rules for getting the visa.
1. Please take GRE and TOEFL. TOEFL is not so important but if you have the money do it.
2 Apply to programs that relates to your undergraduate program or @ least it should relate to your current work.
Search aggressively for schools and apply to @ least 3 using your GPA, GRE and TOEFL to gauge your chances of admission.
Prepare hard for the interview. When i mean prepare hard i mean read all the questions because in all honesty Nairaland is expo. The questions the VO will ask will not change. Its the same question evryday. Read about your course, know it inside out, know the faculty members just read evrytin readable so if the VO tries to deviate you are flexible enough to answer the questions.
Final and most importantly. .Pray harder than you have prepared for the interview. I can say this with so much confidence. It worked for 3 pple on this thread. Ronald2g1 gave me the code..i used it worked like magic. Then my broda ronakoks used it and it worked.
In summary: Prepare hard and pray harder that's the key to F-1

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.