Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,912 members, 7,890,027 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310413 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2012
. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by babsharon(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
Good day peepz.........anybody with GMAT Material. please send to sheephybaba@rocketmail.com .
GMAT suit for my program cos am going for MBA.

Thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
Imperiouxx reply me na.....Abeg it's urgent.

quote author=Anthonymighty]

Bro.....to request for emergency date I will have to attach my I-20 and sevis receipt along with my request right? I have not done this b4.....kindly explain. Thanks becos I'm confused.....look at the email I got from visa help desk concerning my enquiry

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for contacting the US Visa Information Service.

As an applicant applying for student visa, if you have been refused a visa in the last 6 months, you are not eligible to request for an emergency appointment.

For questions or further assistance please visit our website at www.ustraveldocs.com or call to speak with a call center representative on 09-4601748

Best Regards,
[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
Pls do anyone in d house know a good/cheap hotel in V/I? My friend need a place to logde on wednesday for his interview on thursday! He's not based in Lagos. Thanks pls.
You can also caLl on 08091535393
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
Anthonymighty: Imperiouxx reply me na.....Abeg it's urgent.

quote author=Anthonymighty]

Bro.....to request for emergency date I will have to attach my I-20 and sevis receipt along with my request right? I have not done this b4.....kindly explain. Thanks becos I'm confused.....look at the email I got from visa help desk concerning my enquiry

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for contacting the US Visa Information Service.

As an applicant applying for student visa, if you have been refused a visa in the last 6 months, you are not eligible to request for an emergency appointment.

For questions or further assistance please visit our website at www.ustraveldocs.com or call to speak with a call center representative on 09-4601748

Best Regards,
If u have not used an emergency appointment before I think u might be approved for one , why don't u do what they say, attach a copy of ur i-20 to the email u will send to them stating a reason why u want an emergency appointment, besides didn't someone say thr r still available dates as of yesterday(or this morning).. Why don't u check dates available first .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by babsharon(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
Good day peepz.........anybody with GMAT Material. please send to sheephybaba@rocketmail.com .
GMAT suit for my program cos am going for MBA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by toseen123: 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
ABEG HOUSE, HOW BIG IS THE CHANCE OF GETTING A VISA WITH A SAT SCORE OF 1400.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
s-beauty :

If u have not used an emergency appointment before I think u might be approved for one , why don't u do what they say, attach a copy of ur i-20 to the email u will send to them stating a reason why u want an emergency appointment, besides didn't someone say thr r still available dates as of yesterday(or this morning).. Why don't u check dates available first .

Dates in December? I don't know o....please I need a date in December...I already booked January 3rd because I didn't see any date in December ....even the calander month for December didn't even appear when I wanted to book. It started showing from January 2013. Pls if you know any available date in December as of now. 17th December 1:56pm.....pls holla now so I can cancel the one already booked and quickly book the December date. I will appreciate any help here. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
s-beauty :

Thanks bro....I just took the risk to cancel my previous appointment and schedule another one....I was lucky to get useful dates....I now have 27th of December....thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Thanks bro....I just took the risk to cancel my previous appointment and schedule another one....I was lucky to get useful dates....I now have 27th of December....thanks a lot.

Lol! I'm not a Bro , won't b d first thou, and definitely as far as NL! Won't b d last for we babes on here .. U welcome!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by effyfortune: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
fittty:

Lol.... if na u get the school nko, shey u no go want students ni cheesy.

Good question. Inquiries and replies in my email almost amount to 700 when I was hunting for schools.

1) I didn't look for schools elsewhere other than mid west, South-west, east and west (except CA).
2) I didn't apply to private schools.
3) If the school is not among the American Chemical Society.....forget it!
4) I went for schools that promised to give me funding.
5) I applied to 5 schools and got 2 admissions.
6) www.usnews.edu, http://en.wikipedia.org, www.google.com were my informants. Even this VIU wasn't recognized by http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/#VT
7) I no dey go patronize agents for admission or visa stuffs.

With these, VIU or devry or Phoneix is far from someone like me. You got to have a good game plan for you not to be disappointed. So to your question: if na me get the school and see say dem no meet up with one/two of my criteria up there, I no go go but pray make God give me better schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shakers(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
athlone: Pls do anyone in d house know a good/cheap hotel in V/I? My friend need a place to logde on wednesday for his interview on thursday! He's not based in Lagos. Thanks pls.
You can also caLl on 08091535393

you can try crown guest house at 46 bamgbose street, cms.... thats where i slept before my interview, its 6k a night...
you can get a drop to the consulate for like 1k from there or walk to cms and enter bus.
goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Oh, he is an India guy but I can ask him to write out those questions asked from him. Give me time over the weekend when I will be chance to inquire for you.
imperiouxx baba, how far with your south florida guy? any luck?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
dtabimbola: pls house help me critisise ds answer..

Prog: Master of transformative leadership.
For now...Nursing Sci {BNSc} m workin wt Health Insurance Company...

VO: why d course...
Me: Apart from better position and renumeration in my current job when I finish d program, I also, have plan of bkmin boss of my future... Holistic nursing career{ as in Setting up NGO}... And having worked in both clinicals and non clinical setting, I discovered there is need to bring about well refined health policy and better leadership style to nursing professn for effective healthcare delivery to the country, esply those at d grass roots.

Pls help me out here, my interview is ds Thursday oo.
Thks

You're on track my bro. Keep more reasons aside too in case the VO is digging too much. Nursing, Health Insurance Company, better leadership, NGO, Holistic nursing.....all are related. Pray to God. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
winbyforce:
imperiouxx baba, how far with your south florida guy? any luck?

To be sincere with you, I forget and I've inbox him as we speak. If that didn't work by tomorrow, I will have to collect his phone number from other Indians and call him. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Good question. Inquiries and replies in my email almost amount to 700 when I was hunting for schools.

1) I didn't look for schools elsewhere other than mid west, South-west, east and west (except CA).
2) I didn't apply to private schools.
3) If the school is not among the American Chemical Society.....forget it!
4) I went for schools that promised to give me funding.
5) I applied to 5 schools and got 2 admissions.
6) www.usnews.edu, http://en.wikipedia.org, www.google.com were my informants. Even this VIU wasn't recognized by http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/#VT
7) I no dey go patronize agents for admission or visa stuffs.

With these, VIU or devry or Phoneix is far from someone like me. You got to have a good game plan for you not to be disappointed. So to your question: if na me get the school and see say dem no meet up with one/two of my criteria up there, I no go go but pray make God give me better schools.

Good point bruv, but that's from the students perspective... But I actually meant if you were the owner of the school, wouldn't you admit whoever applies for admission into your institution?. Lol. Afterall na private school and na your money dem need. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
fittty:

Good point bruv, but that's from the students perspective... But I actually meant if you were the owner of the school, wouldn't you admit whoever applies for admission into your institution?. Lol. Afterall na private school and na your money dem need. Lol

Sure, school owners invested money and they want profits back. The blame is always on ignorant international students, even here, American make fun of such schools. Such school is meant for housewives, people that need a degree sharp sharp, aged guys that intimidation forced to go back to school and those that know they are not sound academically to be in school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shakers(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
yetflakkie: Hello house,I was also at d abuja embassy last mnth bt my visa was denied*sad face*,I applied to VIU for MBA bt d skul doesn't require gmat bt I did gmat(though didn't pass) only for embassy purpose cuz I ws told they normally deny most students cuz of it,d VO dat interviewed me said she doesn't believe my gmat result cuz I did it after d skul sent my i-20 and dat she expected d skul to have verified d result before sending my i-20,I explained to her dat d skul doesn't require a gmat bt all explanations fell on her deaf ears. Wat do u suggest I do pls? Am thinking of registering for anoda gmat exam and apply to other skuls and not VIU again,maybe skuls dat wud require gmat. Pls suggest other options for me cuz am totally fed up.

i think you might have a more serious problem here than you think, VO said she didn't believe your GMAT result that means she think its fake and you know they don't take fake documents softly, how could you have made that kind of mistake.....
i hope its not as bad as i think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
athlone: Pls do anyone in d house know a good/cheap hotel in V/I? My friend need a place to logde on wednesday for his interview on thursday! He's not based in Lagos. Thanks pls.
You can also caLl on 080xxxxxxxx

No need to display your phone number here. There is a second part for Travel Ads on this Travel section, there you get info about lodging.

https://www.nairaland.com/travel-ads
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
toseen123: ABEG HOUSE, HOW BIG IS THE CHANCE OF GETTING A VISA WITH A SAT SCORE OF 1400.....

Your SAT+TOEFL 2/5 big.
Your comportment 2/5 big
Your papers 1/5 big
Your luck 3/5 big
Your God (I mean the one and only God/Allah) 5/5 big.

Hope you're clear now?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

To be sincere with you, I forget and I've inbox him as we speak. If that didn't work by tomorrow, I will have to collect his phone number from other Indians and call him. Best of luck
OK,thanks. please keep me posted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MsNas(f): 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
Yvete:

cheesy grin LMAO! I seriously had a hearty laugh with this one. Sorry dear, will reply right now. Hahahahaaha. Stalkers beware! No frivolous stuff on a Sunday morning.

LMBO!! Yes o, I felt the need to clarify myself, because if it were to be me I would be suspecting me o! Loool. My intentions are honorable and genuine. The time difference is what I always manage to forget! Sorry. Btw ma'am, I'm yet to receive any email from you nowwww sad sad. Answer me jor wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Na you sabi. I still dey enjoy the garri you mailed me sha! If I'm chanced this week I'm gonna call you. Cheers!

Egbon I d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ beg I need GRE materials
Inspirizu@yahoo.com #GBU#
Can I pass by just studying the material alone without tutorials also wats the pass mark, though I know different university have different cut off bur I need average and admittable score. Am going masters if you are wondering
Tanks broz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yetflakkie(f): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
Hello house,pls anyone with gmat material. Kindly send to me pls :yettyadiatu@yahoo.com
U guys are doing a great job here. Thumbs up to u!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by babsharon(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
I need ur help on GMAT material. Pls send to sheephybaba@rocketmail.com.

Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
shakers:

you can try crown guest house at 46 bamgbose street, cms.... thats where i slept before my interview, its 6k a night...
you can get a drop to the consulate for like 1k from there or walk to cms and enter bus.
goodluck.
Thanks bro for d info I aprct!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by athlone: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

No need to display your phone number here. There is a second part for Travel Ads on this Travel section, there you get info about lodging.

https://www.nairaland.com/travel-ads
Bro imperiouxx......its a crime to display my number? All I asked for is an info!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Na just to apply online and pay application fee, you don become their student be that.... Cheap admission making US embassy rich.

Its all about the benjamins. Some people have too much money to waste on schools like VIU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:17am On Dec 18, 2012
How many times have I said VIU, Devry and co can not sponsor international students una no dey hear word. . . Graduates of those schools can not be employed by big companies. . . They are what we call technical schools, that's where awon mechanics (blue collar jobs) dey go learn. . . .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:41am On Dec 18, 2012
athlone:
Bro imperiouxx......its a crime to display my number? All I asked for is an info!

Ha! Sorry o, hope you didn't vex too much sir? I know sometimes reward of being good isn't goodness but nice slap.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.