Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,993 members, 7,890,251 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310420 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jaypee207: 11:54am On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

Congrats on the lotto! I gave up on that last year because they never chose me. sad To a certain extent, your career choices greatly affect you here. As a migrant, I'd advise you to pursue a degree that's easily marketable especially if you're gonna reside long term/permanently in the US.
Think critically. The Sciences, Technology, Heathcare...healthcare...healthcare...healthcare and education(quick jobs) = Bliss!
All others like communication,sociology, foreign language, yadda yadda yadda? Yawn. Could work in Nigeria though.
Thanks yvete,well I'm science inclined and I plan to continue in that line..Basically the geosciences/eng. I need suggestions on hw to go about the whole stuff as a new immigrant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jaypee207: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

Congrats on the lotto! I gave up on that last year because they never chose me. sad To a certain extent, your career choices greatly affect you here. As a migrant, I'd advise you to pursue a degree that's easily marketable especially if you're gonna reside long term/permanently in the US.
Think critically. The Sciences, Technology, Heathcare...healthcare...healthcare...healthcare and education(quick jobs) = Bliss!
All others like communication,sociology, foreign language, yadda yadda yadda? Yawn. Could work in Nigeria though.
Why did you give up on it...plssss keep trying jur as u hv nothin to lose.r u in the us presently?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
jaypee207:
Thanks yvete,well I'm science inclined and I plan to continue in that line..Basically the geosciences/eng. I need suggestions on hw to go about the whole stuff as a new immigrant .
jaypee207: Why did you give up on it...plssss keep trying jur as u hv nothin to lose.r u in the us presently?
Coolstuff!
The only difference is that you will pay in-state tuition with your Temp GC. Same process; Study for GRE, send in applications, send test scores, gain admission and show proof of LPR for tuition purposes.

Yea, I'm in the US. While playing the DVL, I went from F-1 to H1B, and trying to drag my Boss to sponsor a LPR. Got tired!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jaypee207: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

Coolstuff! The only difference is that you will pay in-state tuition with your Temp GC. I'll advise you to study/follow this thread. Same process; Study for GRE, send in applications, send test scores, gain admission and show proof of LPR for tuition purposes.
Yea, went from F-1 to H1B, and trying to drag my Boss to sponsor a LPR.
Okk.moving over in jan.Wud start the process once I get in.what schools can u suggest for my field?wats ur boss saying abt it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
Looool please ignore this wrong advice I gave earlier. This is a student visa thread. My bad.
Yvete: I'll advise you to study/follow this thread.

You can get valuable info on this part of your question from here, but its mainly about visas though.
If you're tying to get into O&G/Tech, you already know where to go. Need I say more? grin

jaypee207: I would need advices ... getting my transcripts to the school via WES or by hand, applying for aids nd grants where applicable, GRE &Toefl stuff if I wud need them and any other useful tips that might come in handy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
Does anyone know if thr r available dates in December and what dare is showing in January..
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) American Gold. I'm happy I chose Science from birth but unfortunate to grow in Nigeria that gives no damn about her Science and Technology grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
jaypee207:
Thanks yvete,well I'm science inclined and I plan to continue in that line..Basically the geosciences/eng. I need suggestions on hw to go about the whole stuff as a new immigrant.

Nothing like new immigrant about schooling anywhere. You simply do any necessary test and look for schools that met your career aspiration. No one needs to nurture you on how to look for schools, that's why you are a learned person...... internet, google and wiki....they are for your research.

jaypee207:
Okk.moving over in jan.Wud start the process once I get in. what schools can u suggest for my field? wats ur boss saying abt it?

Imagine!

Yvete: Looool please ignore the wrong advice I gave earlier. This is a students visa thread. My bad. If you're tying to get into O&G/Tech, you already know where to go. Need I say more? grin

I think say your xmas break don start today. Abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
Anthonymighty: Hello House, Can I present 2 sponsors to the VO if asked, because what I filled in my DS-160 form was My dad as the only sponsor but my aunty had just decided to co-sponsor me also. I have her bank statement also. She works in First bank. Can I present the two if asked who's sposoring: shud I say My dad and aunty or I shud just stick to what I filled on my DS 160 form. Moreso, is there anyways I can edit the DS 160 form after already submitting. I await your response.
Yeah you can...just make sure you state it clearly to the VO should in case he or she ask you ok...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
pls house whats up with the dates in lagos cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

Don't give up on it just yet dearie, even as you are already in the states you can still use it to change your status from F-1 to a PR....well me still play am ooo even though i don dey yankee maybe until the STEM issue is resolved in the senate...i don't even know who to support on that one cos both affects me..if they cancel Visa lottery and give the green cards to STEM major i go get am and if they decided not to...i can still play the lottery and change my status...if it clicks!..... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
walex57:
Don't give up on it just yet dearie, even as you are already in the states you can still use it to change your status from F-1 to a PR....well me still play am ooo even though i don dey yankee maybe until the STEM issue is resolved in the senate...i don't even know who to support on that one cos both affects me..if they cancel Visa lottery and give the green cards to STEM major i go get am and if they decided not to...i can still play the lottery and change my status...if it clicks! ..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're right. Honestly, I gave up on it last year. Didn't play this year too though Ive seen people win it here in the US. I don tire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

You're right. Honestly, I gave up on it last year. Didn't play this year too though Ive seen people win it here in the US. I don tire

Waassup NLers I was part of them dat won it last yr in the Usa was on F-1 too but finally i won it here in the US so don stop trying u neva kno wen u goin win....@ walex hope say California dey treat u well; @mr chris better luck next time... Happy Xmas Y'all!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
walex57:
Don't give up on it just yet dearie, even as you are already in the states you can still use it to change your status from F-1 to a PR....well me still play am ooo even though i don dey yankee maybe until the STEM issue is resolved in the senate...i don't even know who to support on that one cos both affects me..if they cancel Visa lottery and give the green cards to STEM major i go get am and if they decided not to...i can still play the lottery and change my status...if it clicks!..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dont give up keep playing you might just be anoda lucky guy like me!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
Chi-town Base:
Waassup NLers I was part of them dat won it last yr in the Usa was on F-1 too but finally i won it here in the US so don stop trying u neva kno wen u goin win....Happy Xmas Y'all!!!

Wow! Really? ... I'm jealous cry. My job conditions with my employer includes part of my Grad school tuition and future sponsorship after 3 years with them so I just chilled (bad idea). I've been disappointed many times with that thingy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
Chi-town Base:

Waassup NLers I was part of them dat won it last yr in the Usa was on F-1 too but finally i won it here in the US so don stop trying u neva kno wen u goin win....@ walex hope say California dey treat u well; @mr chris better luck next time... Happy Xmas Y'all!!!

Where`s the emotion for really big eyes?
Hi Nairalanders. I`ve been away because of my tripple life. My son turns 7 today (sigh..... now he has the liberty to think I`m not as smart as his first grade teacher). Everyone is invited to come grab a cup cake with angry bird rings.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
biofem2000:

Hi Nairalanders. I`ve been away because of my tripple life. My son turns 7 today (sigh..... now he has the liberty to think I`m not as smart as his first grade teacher). Everyone is invited to come grab a cup cake with angry bird rings.

Where is the venue?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
Success 2 those going 4 interview 2morrow morning,,,,d lord is wit u guys.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
Yvete:

Wow! Really? ... I'm jealous cry. My job conditions with my employer includes part of my Grad school tuition and future sponsorship after 3 years with them so I just chilled (bad idea). I've been disappointed many times with that thingy.

@yvete Wow part payment of ur tuition on grad skool tuition plus sponsorship mehn dats a pretty good deal...you will still end up been a PR soon too anyway grin grin grin cheesy and i hope this senate of thing comes out with favour of students here....so all my people too go smile grin grin grin grin...shout to everyone contributing to this thread, y'all kno urselves happy xmas Y'all in advance....................... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy..YOLO!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
Thanks a lot Chi-town Base! Hope you are doing fine. Merry Xmas to you too!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
biofem2000:

E kaabo smiley LOL at bolded. I assume you r speaking from experience....experience from back when you were 7 years old too.lol. Congratulations to him & you as well. We've indeed missed your contributions on here but Imperiouxx, Yvete & co have been holding forte nicely.

back to my silent followership mode smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:04am On Dec 20, 2012
Chi-town Base:

@yvete Wow part payment of ur tuition on grad skool tuition plus sponsorship mehn dats a pretty good deal...you will still end up been a PR soon too anyway grin grin grin cheesy and i hope this senate of thing comes out with favour of students here....so all my people too go smile grin grin grin grin...shout to everyone contributing to this thread, y'all kno urselves happy xmas Y'all in advance....................... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy..YOLO!!!

Only problem is that people would now come here and be asking "pls what is the step to apply for admission into a stem course in any uni in usa"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BossyBawws: 12:21am On Dec 20, 2012
Greetings everyone,
Please lets discuss. I was granted admission to Devry University's Keller Graduate School of Business for MBA in project management in Virgina, USA. The school has it on their webstite that "they do not require completion of the GRE and GMAT exams if your undergraduate gpa is at least 2.70" of which most us of meet this requirement. I have a ba in Philosophy. Why are the vo's denying visas for this purpose? why?

I have another interview on friday morning and have been searching for answers until i found this website and saw all these questions unanswered by the EXPERIENCED PARTICIPANTS of this forum. please explain why we must write gre and gmat when our schools said no. Let us all VIU & Devry students join heads to defend our schools with the help of gurus to make good answers to the vo concerning these tests. 2012 already coming to an end and there is no way we can write gre or gmat at this time of the year.
I look forward to everyone's input about this important unfair condition by the vo at the american Embassy. People go to UK without any exams so why must the vo speak for different schools in america. their job is to issue visa only.

Regards,
BB.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:51am On Dec 20, 2012
kpolli:

Only problem is that people would now come here and be asking "pls what is the step to apply for admission into a stem course in any uni in usa"

You got me right! One of the most dum.bas.s questions is ''tell me what to study''...... imperiouxxology is good too, it's part of STEM.... LWKMD ooooo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:25am On Dec 20, 2012
BossyBawws: Greetings everyone,
.....I have another interview on friday morning and have been searching for answers until i found this website and saw all these questions unanswered by the EXPERIENCED PARTICIPANTS of this forum. please explain why we must write gre and gmat when our schools said no. Let us all VIU & Devry students join heads to defend our schools with the help of gurus to make good answers to the vo concerning these tests. 2012 already coming to an end and there is no way we can write gre or gmat at this time of the year.
I look forward to everyone's input about this important unfair condition by the vo at the american Embassy. People go to UK without any exams so why must the vo speak for different schools in america. their job is to issue visa only.

Regards,
BB.

To the VOs, they want you to show your readiness for studying. Secondly, they look for all means to reduce the number of student visa approved and on the other hand, students fall victims. Their job is to issue visa but not like ''everyone bend down select''. Moreover, some amounts towards your school fee must be paid to get a UK admission letter, therefore, absconding makes you a big time loser but in US, school fee isn't necessary for admission and absconding might mean you're smarter than the US system. So VOs help separate chaff from grain right from the embassy..... painful though.

I know a friend who got Devry admission, he was contacting a Nigerian guy in Dervy (who got his at third trial) now this friend had tried thrice even with his GMAT but all were storyland cases. Individual case is unique, so I wish you best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:18am On Dec 20, 2012
BossyBawws: Greetings everyone,
Please lets discuss. I was granted admission to Devry University's Keller Graduate School of Business for MBA in project management in Virgina, USA. The school has it on their webstite that "they do not require completion of the GRE and GMAT exams if your undergraduate gpa is at least 2.70" of which most us of meet this requirement. I have a ba in Philosophy. Why are the vo's denying visas for this purpose? why?

I have another interview on friday morning and have been searching for answers until i found this website and saw all these questions unanswered by the EXPERIENCED PARTICIPANTS of this forum. please explain why we must write gre and gmat when our schools said no. Let us all VIU & Devry students join heads to defend our schools with the help of gurus to make good answers to the vo concerning these tests. 2012 already coming to an end and there is no way we can write gre or gmat at this time of the year.

Regards,
BB.

Do you want a degree that no employer would accept? Then go to Devry, the VOs are helping you by denying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:59am On Dec 20, 2012
Find Out!:
back to my silent followership mode smiley

grin Looks like someone sneaked out of his hiding place last night! Guess its no longer cozy in there.
@Biofem2000 Congrats to your son.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2012
Dos age hav any effect on visa granting,,,becos am 22yrs going 4 my master.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:40am On Dec 20, 2012
Hope some people did not change their majors today right after reading the STEM posts. Teeheehee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 7:53am On Dec 20, 2012
@yvette... Pls what's the deal with liberty university lynchburg, virginia. Hope the sch is not bad sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2012
phateemah73: @yvette... Pls what's the deal with liberty university lynchburg, virginia. Hope the sch is not bad sha

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.