Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,306 members, 7,920,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311374 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:06am On Dec 21, 2012
It's a year today.

1:14pm On Dec 21, 2011
imperiouxx: Yea, I was denied by the lady in window 7 for the reason no one could say but I guess not a better luck this time. The down fall of a man isn't the end of his life. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

Few people saw this on that day because spam bot kicked it several times. Luckily I got it from the mail to a friend and I hope the anniversary should be the day to try post it again.

Edited: smileys added

Interviewed by a white B!tch in Abuja

2:32pm On Dec 21, 2011.
imperiouxx: This is how the interview goes
. . . .next,
after normal greetings
VO: (checking my I-20, passport and asking) why did you choose this school?
ME: I go for the school because I'm interested in their ongoing research on protein interactions and their curriculum that includes detailed instrumental analysis and analytical techniques which will improve my analytical skill.
VO: how old are you?
ME: told her
VO: do you write GRE?
ME: My school exempted me because of my track record in related research field and I have a letter with respect to that (about to bring it out but she said no problem and go on with her question)
VO: where do you work?
ME: Institute of Medical Research and as Research assistant
VO: what is molarity because I see you wrote that on your DS160?
ME: it is the amount of solute in mole dissolved in one dm3 of solvent.
VO: do you apply elsewhere?
ME: yes
VO: name them?
ME: named the 3 of them while she listened attentively
VO: what do you want to do with the course?
ME: i'm coming back to my work because I'm on study leave and I'll be starting my own research on protein x-ray crystallography in sickle cell anemia which will aid the advancement of sickle cell research in Nigeria being a country with high sickle cell and also will help reduce its mortality rate.

She typed for some seconds and said sorry I can't grant your visa now.

Then I packed my documents and left in shock because I demonstrated enough home ties and authenticity of being a genuine student even with my full GA on the I-20 and 91% school fee paid by the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2012
.......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
Morning all,
Got a question to ask and I'll welcome everyone's reply,

Does d VO know d list of schools u apply to? Even wn its not stated in the toefl record?,
And do they know whc school rejects u?(if u didn't include such school in ur toefl as well)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

When are you going back to Nigeria to kick off that plan? Nigeria needs you so stop rejoicing about STEM. LOOOOOOL

It's bound to happen. They are enough in Nigeria now, so Nigeria doesn't need my services anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:31am On Dec 21, 2012
s-beauty :
Morning all,
Got a question to ask and I'll welcome everyone's reply,

Does d VO know d list of schools u apply to? Even wn its not stated in the toefl record?,
And do they know whc school rejects u?(if u didn't include such school in ur toefl as well)

Accept might likely have a sevis number assigned to your name which could be traced but reject/incomplete application has nothing to do with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2012
........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed .........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Accept might likely have a sevis number assigned to your name which could be traced but reject/incomplete application has nothing to do with you.

Thanks for that, and do they kw d list of schools applied to thru ur toefl report?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2012
s-beauty :

Thanks for that, and do they kw d list of schools applied to thru ur toefl report?..

Yvete just answered that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Nope, but a smart person needs to mention the same schools on ur Toefl report or SAT/GRE.
Mamacita applied to 2 schools and mentioned 4. Sent GRE report to 4 schools and the VO verified it there.
My cousin applied to only 2 schools, but mentioned 5, the same 5 schools that I listed on his GRE report. Although we didn't apply to those schools. He mentioned Arizona just to erase any migrant intent. wink

Thanks , ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Yvete just answered that.

Seen!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2012
House, hmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn .....sometymz I wonder what I did to deserve dis "Mighty God's favour". I just got my F-1 visa dis morning against all odds. I can't even begin to describe ow scared I was cz I applied to a cc for pre-med and after I read dis thread and saw what people had to say about cc and pre-med, 'my heart cut'. Pls say thank u to God on my behalf cz I talked to him and he listened. For those dat were denied, I use my testimony as a point of contact 4 u....pray,prepare, go d second tym and receive.

For all ur help, I say thank u. God's favour all d way 4 u guys. @ Imperiouxx, u didn't reply my message...am too happy 2 b angry grin . Thanks everyone. My beautiful experience comin soon ....

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 9:59am On Dec 21, 2012
Chi-town Base:

Waassup NLers I was part of them dat won it last yr in the Usa was on F-1 too but finally i won it here in the US so don stop trying u neva kno wen u goin win....@ walex hope say California dey treat u well; @mr chris better luck next time... Happy Xmas Y'all!!!
CA dey oo...thank God it doesn't snow where I am...thanks for the advise...yes ooo i dey play am wella...Make God favor me also ooo...how things nah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2012
Tee.tee:
Nw I'm really jealous of all you stem pple o!! *Crying* it's not fair joo! Wht would an Economics major like me nau do??! They shld better pass a bill for us aswel!
My advice...marry a STEM guy and you are inside the loop! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2012
walex57: My advice...marry a STEM guy and you are inside the loop! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol preferably, no blue passport, no marriage
No H1b, no marriage .... Stay away from A-k-*-*a, the ratchet ones though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2012
Has anyone tried to bring Mr. Biggs meat pie from Nigeria? How about Suya? If they purchase the suya tonight without onions, do you it they will spoil on a 16hr direct flight?
Can you gimme ideas on how to preserve it from spoiling? That's d only thing I need from Nigeria right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Lol preferably, no blue passport,no marriage
No H1b, no marriage .... Stay away from A-k-*-*a, the rachet ones though.
Lol...yes ooo...even the "unrachet" ones sef one must not marry...so wait till the guy gets either his blue passport or H1B.... grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete: Has anyone tried to bring Mr. Biggs meat pie from Nigeria? How about Suya? If they purchase the suya tonight without onions, do you it they will spoil on a 16hr direct flight?

Can you gimme ideas on your preserve it from spoiling? That's d only thing I need from Nigeria right now.
see ya mouth! you better go and eat their beef jerky here which is their own "suya"...and eats some tacos and burritos...no let ya mouth begin water oooo...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2012
walex57:
My advice...marry a STEM guy and you are inside the loop! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahaha! Ehn ehn.. Thnx o! I'll keep dat in mind! Infact, if It's not a stem guy, I'm not interested cheesy cheesy Lol....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2012
walex57:
see ya mouth! you better go and eat their beef jerky here which is their own "suya"...and eats some tacos and burritos...no let ya mouth begin water oooo...lol

Beef Jerky no be am. I want Mallam style suya. The ones at the junction/bus-stop with smoke flavor.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Lol preferably, no blue passport, no marriage
No H1b, no marriage .... Stay away from A-k-*-*a, the ratchet ones though.

Lol! Exactly o! They must bring their credentials first self
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Beef Jerky no be am. I want Mallam style suya. The ones at the junction/bus-stop with smoke flavor.

Lmao! Srzly, all I can do is laugh ryt nw! Some pple r stressing bout visa nd all... You pple r worried bout "SUYA" lol! I want to b lyk you o!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2012
@imperious and @yvete
Tanx for d info on the health insurance, can I pay for it in
Nigeria before leaving, pls my ogas enlighten me more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Hmmm..now you are beginning to let my taste buds get watery ooo..yeah the on with dry pepper and knorr maggi...e be like say mesuya dem go apply for F-1 visa also ooo...we need them here in America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2012
Tee.tee:

Lmao! Srzly, all I can do is laugh ryt nw! Some pple r stressing bout visa nd all... You pple r worried bout "SUYA" lol! I want to b lyk you o!
Abi nah...the semester is over or almost over for some so na flexing remain ooo...who wants to accompany me to disneyland and hollywood in LA for some xmas grooving?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2012
Pls dont commit suicide. With my own observation of ur interview,I feel ur denial was because of ur I-20 not reflecting ur course. The vo just didn't allow u to know why he denied you.pls contact the school and tell them to make the correction by writing ur course major on your 1-20.its not too late to collect another one.u only need to pay for dhl or fedex. Am talking from experience.
dtabimbola: House, I was denied F1 visa yesterday o... Having spent alot, and reading ds thread part by part. Sad indeed. Here it is: Normal first stupid biometric chain of protocol...
vo: good morning
me: good morning sir.
Vo: y r u goin to U.S
me: my goin for my master prog. Bleep univerty florida
Vo: wc sku
me... Cccy univty.
Vo: how many sku did u appply to
me: 3.. Name dem... Xyz florida... Ccc...chicago and yyy university Texas.

Vo :Who is ur sponsor
me: my mum..
vo: doin what?
Me: medical Dr.
Vo: statemt of acct?
Me: gave him, ... Tryin to chk, while i was emphasising her medical acheivment.
Vo: any exam : GRE or GMAt, and d score
me: GRE, gav him... He was tryin to chk scruintly.
Vo: started typin seriously on his stupid PC
me: i was so much convident dt ds thing is sure today,
little had i kn...Vo: raised his ugly head up; sorrry i cant grant u visa ds tym, bla bla bla...
My observatn: my course didnt appear on I-20 but on my, admssn letter... D sku only wrote.... Area study: Other on I-20.
Secondly, i couldnt hear him well via d audio speaker... So there were alot o... U said...
Pls house, show me my lapses and area of improvement for future refrence . And can i reapply bfor Jan 15th my resumptn date, if yes, how...
Pls and pls.
Suicide mood activated already...
Thks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2012
@snzzgirl, congrat , Am very much hapi 4 u oooo...Tanx 2 God Almighty..Waiting 4 ur beautiful experience,,,,,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 21, 2012
House, i am new to this forum. Let me start by stating my case. I hold a BA degree in Linguistics and Communication studies, i applied for a BS degree in Electronic Media and Film and was denied visa. Now i want to write GRE and apply for a masters programme. Pls advice me on how to go about registering for GRE and if you have any GRE material you can send to me pls: charles4real2005@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mamacita007:
Ok now some of my spring people av nt posted deir experience yet like Mr Chris. Abi una don 4get una password? Let's celebrate wit u
Glory be to GOD Almighty. His Grace is Sufficient for us all to excel in all things. Did you say celebrate with me! But you are travelling to houston soon, make we dey celebrate am on "air", Lol! - safe trip my dear. Thanks to you guys; Yvete, Chi-townbase, Imperiouxx-(keep up the good work), & everyone else! Wish everyone yet to get their visas approved GOD's Favour in their next interview IJN AMEN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Nope, but a smart person needs to mention the same schools on ur Toefl report or SAT/GRE.
Mamacita applied to 2 schools and mentioned 4. Sent GRE report to 4 schools and the VO verified it there.
My cousin applied to only 2 schools, but mentioned 5, the same 5 schools that I listed on his GRE report. Although we didn't apply to those schools. He mentioned Arizona just to erase any migrant intent. wink
Lolol. HƠ̴̴̴̴͡w does mentioning Arizona do the job? Ι̥s̶̲̥̅̊ the place quite uninhabitable Fø̲̣̣я̅ Nigerians that they wouldn't wanna stay behind after their study? Lolol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Eewoo...suya even ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ hungry yankee ppl dem...and ♍ƺ I ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ naija ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ complain...oya I don ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ go my street suya joint to enjoy hot well-roasted beef and chicken suya well cut † fine bits, laced with fresh cabbage, sweet onions, and enough pepper together with a bottle of chilled malt † wash it down!...oya let's go there...
*i hear many stomachs rumbling loudly*
*lights candle and runs away...*
Lmao!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
slimmy05: House, i am new to this forum. Let me start by stating my case. I hold a BA degree in Linguistics and Communication studies, i applied for a BS degree in Electronic Media and Film and was denied visa. Now i want to write GRE and apply for a masters programme. Pls advice me on how to go about registering for GRE and if you have any GRE material you can send to me pls: charles4real2005@yahoo.com
Thanks
Sent.
The GRE registration fee is N40,000, registered through agents in Nigeria, since online registration by self in Nigeria ι̥s̶̲̥̅̊ banned (official fee on the GRE website, www.ets.org, is $175 ø̲̣̣я̅ N28,000). There aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ many agents you can register with and the exam(computer-based test) is written only at abuja and lagos.
But, if you have someone abroad † help you register, that would be fine †o as you'll register at the official fee which would be cheaper if you wanna save cost.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Lolol. HƠ̴̴̴̴͡w does mentioning Arizona do the job? Ι̥s̶̲̥̅̊ the place quite uninhabitable Fø̲̣̣я̅ Nigerians that they wouldn't wanna stay behind after their study? Lolol

Arizona has the most stringent immigration laws. I think the police even has the right to stop you only just to question/investigate your immigration status.

Imperiouxx thanks for yesterday's call will give a feedback as soon as am done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.