Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,426 members, 7,978,348 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312807 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
ferdiii:

Nigerian rural and urban sec.schools have no clue about a transcript. If he needs a sample I will mail it to his mailbox ASAP. I did that shiit myself when I was made to understand that they can't do it and do not have an idea.

Are you implying that you made everything up and the school stamped it for you?

Which primary or secondary school in Nigeria that doesn't know what transcript is?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Shoccs: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
jimtosam:

Transcript is like your report sheet from JSS1 to SSS3. It has the breakdown of all the subjects and their scores.

Go to the Secondary School where you had your Secondary School Education and request for it.

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
jimtosam:

Transcript is like your report sheet from JSS1 to SSS3. It has the breakdown of all the subjects and their scores.

Go to the Secondary School where you had your Secondary School Education and request for it.

A++
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Are you implying that you made everything up and the school stamped it for you?

Which primary or secondary school in Nigeria that doesn't know what transcript is?

Yep and I have my term reports but they won't arrange it well.Won't even want to have a look at ur concern.It is not in their scheme of paperworks. Go figure!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Shoccs:

Please bros send it to my Email, yinksdave@yahoo.com And someone told me to go to WAEC office to ask for my school transcript.

Get me a functional e-mail addy,jor.U dey dull oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hey house, my uncle took my transcripts to wes buh they rejected it and said it must be forwarded to them by my school itself..pls, is this ow its supposed to be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Shoccs: 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
ferdiii:

Get me a functional e-mail addy,jor.U dey dull oh

I spelt the Email wrong the other time, its yinksdave@yahoo.com, pls bros am expecting it. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:21am On Sep 09, 2012
Ollydon: Hey house, my uncle took my transcripts to wes buh they rejected it and said it must be forwarded to them by my school itself..pls, is this ow its supposed to be?

Anything called transcript is confidential and shouldn't be in possession of the student only that in Nigeria schools will ask you to post it yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yoyob: 4:05am On Sep 09, 2012
Please I need an urgent answer, I was deneid in july and am going for another. Appointment this month, do I need another ds 160 form and confirmation? Since nothing. Changed in my profile,,please I need a response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:53am On Sep 09, 2012
GboyegaD:

This is the greatest blunder ever. How did you come to a conclusion on this
lmao.....i'm nt quite certain sha, i only used gumption. I ws expectin mail frm yankee via nipost, i kept checkin my mail box outside my haus evryday 4 gud 5wks nd it ws completely empty, it ws on d sixth wk i went to check nd i discoverd d mail box no close wel so i went closer to knw y. As i open d box, c as mail yakpaa inside, some even dey fall come outside. It wsnt jst my mail dt ws there, al of dem my neighbour wey dey expect mail tey-tey na den d mail reach us. In conclusion dem postal service waited 4 mail going to a particular location to get bulky b4 sendin it, nt necessarily d same cmpound bt maybe d same street or area.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:06am On Sep 09, 2012
@house pls ansa me ds, tel me if its a step of faith or step of stupidity. I sent my doc via nipost 5wks ago nd til nw it has nt gotten 2 my sch so i decided to go wit planB i.e resendin d docs again bt ds tym via dhl which i ve bin told takes jst 48hrs to get there. In filling my docs again, there is a part where my dad has to sign as the sponsor bt currently he is nt arnd nd i dnt knw wen hez gona com bac nd i nid to send ds doc again as soon as first thing on monday morning cs d skul deadline is fast approaching. Nw my question is, shuld i write my popsi name mysef nd also forge hez signature?(i dey tlk lyk say e easy to forge am) bcs honestly i can't wait for him 2 come back. Pls i nid evry1's opinion....thx!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2012
imperiouxx:

Anything called transcript is confidential and shouldn't be in possession of the student only that in Nigeria schools will ask you to post it yourself.

We are talking about secondary schools and they don't know that.Even Universities will stress you before you get it done and posted, and the best will be to have one in your hands. I just paid N5K to get my brother's from Unijos and Unijos still have the N7K5 since he has not made up his mind on any school. Some schools want unofficial one to process the admission and after acceptance u go and die in the school to get them the official one. It is not easy oh. Each one you officially demand from Unijos is N7K5. Una dey hear ba! I don't even know what me and Open University of Nigeria will do next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Shoccs:

I spelt the Email wrong the other time, its yinksdave@yahoo.com, pls bros am expecting it. God bless

Check ur mailbox now, it's in.Even now am getting an idea on how to write letter of intent but some people think that is not proper...country dey dull us and fellow mates want it to continue. Na oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2012
imperiouxx:

so, what should i do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Shoccs: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2012
ferdiii:

Check ur mailbox now, it's in.Even now am getting an idea on how to write letter of intent but some people think that is not proper...country dey dull us and fellow mates want it to continue. Na oh!

Saw it, thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2012
Ollydon: so, what should i do?

The way I used to do mine.

1) Pay and obtain ref number from wes.
2) Require for your transcript and pay the school the due money and ask that they put the ref number on it and on the envelope.
3) Collect your transcript when it's out.
4) Take it to MMIA, register it, mail it putting the sender address as your school.

NB: Never post it with your certificate copy the same time else they know again the transcript got to you first before them and it will count to invalid again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
eduson002: @bigfrancis,I am in for fall 2013.It seems far away bt nt.First things first,hv u written the GRE?
I'd be writing both the GRE and TOEFL next month, October. Already registered both. Have you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
imperiouxx:

2) Require for your transcript and pay the school the due money and ask that they put the ref number on it and on the envelope.
4) Take it to MMIA, register it, mail it putting the sender address as your school.

NB: Never post it with your certificate copy the same time else they know again the transcript got to you first before them and it will count to invalid again.
Wait, so in a nutshell you're saying that the transcript shouldn't be sent directly to the school but to WES instead and after re-evaluation they'll forward it to the school/university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sleekydot: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
jimtosam:

The name of the school is Western Illinois University (www.wiu.edu). Their tuition is even cheaper compare to other American Universities.Most of Naija guys here are on GA cos it's not easy to pay the tuition with 20hrs on campus job. And most of the times their GA here is not about grade. Cos, 2.2 guys even get GA. It's about department. I know about 4 sure departments; Communication, Economics, Mathematics, Physics. Unless if the student does not apply. They get lot of research grants from Federal Government. Others get too but a little competitive. Others may require interview but those 4, they don't always interview. I still know about 3 more in Illinois that gives GA a lot...The stipend goes to the tune of 1.1k (full).Two-third (900).
chairman can u pls give out the names of other 3 schls. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
imperiouxx:

sorry,what's mmia? Also, wah did u mean by certificate copy? Sorry for bothering u..i just want everything to be swift cos i'm applying for spring 2013..n wes takes about a month yo complete d evaluation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
ŚüÞ bigfrancis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
I sent my transcripts on the 24th Aug through Nipost Register Mail and when i tracked it a week after the date i sent it, i got a message dated and time August 29, 2012, 9:50 pm And Location of my Item is in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS). I beg can anybody here tell me when will USPS deliver my package to my school in VA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
fadinus: ŚüÞ bigfrancis
I'm good. Guess you are too. Are you for fall 2013?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Secondly i was asked to send a Notarized copy of my ssce statement of result which i did on the 29th Aug using the same Nipost Register Mail and ever since then have been tracking my package but the message have been recieving base on this is quite different and here is what have been getting each time i tried to tracked it. Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office. Can anybody tell me what exactly this message is trying to tell me? please i need an urgent answers. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
dnpasion: I sent my transcripts on the 24th Aug through Nipost Register Mail and when i tracked it a week after the date i sent it, i got a message dated and time August 29, 2012, 9:50 pm And Location of my Item is in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS). I beg can anybody here tell me when will USPS deliver my package to my school in VA?

Where is the destination of the parcel? Because if on the 29th August,2012, it already indicating New York, I am sure, all things been equal, the receiving university should have received it by now. However, you need to call the admission office of the school, to confirm if they have receive it. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
bigfrancis21:
I'm good. Guess you are too. Are you for fall 2013?
Yes bro, yes bro, but i haven't registered for any test yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
The destination is Virginia!. I will call the university to confirm as you said. Thanks a lot for your good response.
deevick246:

Where is the destination of the parcel? Because if on the 29th August,2012, it already indicating New York, I am sure, all things been equal, the receiving university should have received it by now. However, you need to call the admission office of the school, to confirm if they have receive it. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
fadinus:
Yes bro, yes bro, but i haven't registered for any test yet
You'll have to. Lets meet here to discuss further. https://www.nairaland.com/1022978/paper-based-gre-computer-based-gre-which#12113949 I'd be going to aba next month to write the GRE. Which type would you write, paper or computer?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by genxris: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
bigfrancis21:
You'll have to. Lets meet here to discuss further. https://www.nairaland.com/1022978/paper-based-gre-computer-based-gre-which#12113949 I'd be writing the GRE next month at aba. Which type would you write, paper or computer?
so u mean the GRE can be written in aba? That's intresting to hear because it's unlike the GMAT that can only be taken in lagos and abuja throughout nigeria...i am really suprised the GRE is not same
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
dnpasion: I sent my transcripts on the 24th Aug through Nipost Register Mail and when i tracked it a week after the date i sent it, i got a message dated and time August 29, 2012, 9:50 pm And Location of my Item is in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS). I beg can anybody here tell me when will USPS deliver my package to my school in VA?

Means its in Customs at New York same thing happened to mine and spent 6weeks there, so mail USPS or call them n tell them its only documents inside

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.