Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,472 members, 7,881,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:27 AM

Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? (13562 Views)

Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / Beating Your Wife : How Mr Sule Physically Abused His Wife To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Dtwoabbey(m): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2012
akinreals: My dear broda, please swallow ur pride and drop ur ego, let her know asap, if she truly loves u, she will appreciate u d more, my wife's pay was higher dan mine and knew abt it, but now my pay is almost x3 her pay and she is stil aware. If u love ur wife and urself, pls open up now to avoid overrating. My 2 cents. Peace.
good advice. God bless you for this.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by kristofa09(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2012
$ugardaddy:

Thank you for your wonderful advice my dear friend. Each time I look at my beautiful kids, I feel the pains they will have to go through as a result of their mother's stupidity 'cos I haven't seen any alternative to divorce for my marriage so far (still seeking an alternative though).
In the estate where I leave, there is a banker that has been out of job for over two years now and the wife has been solely responsible for the upkeep of the home and the kids without any quarrel. The wife even had to opt for her company bus to and fro work daily while the husband uses the only car that is in order just to hustle. Thank God I have been able to invest in real estate enough not to depend on my wife even if I don't have anything doing again, but I don't see her having the kind of heart this my neighbour's wife has which is why I strongly feel it's better we go our separate ways now.
Op, sorry please. I have no intention to derail you thread but na wetin man see him dey take make parable. Best of luck to you and family.
stil explore other avenue...bit d urge 4 a divorce..let me tel u one tru tin,it is "totaly" up to d man to pul his family tru...to make his family work..so,take a gd dcision today to smile tomorow.NEVER do d divorce tin cos ur case is even sooo beta!
@OP: U Knw ur wife more than we do.so i gues u knw d rite time 2 tel ha.bsides,both of u r one.so y cnt u tel ha?bring down tht ego n do d dew!its even beta she knws so she knws ha limits in spendin.hpe ur wife has a gd characta sha.
Bt al in al,stil let ha knw when she ask...u cn do it when u guys av retired to ur room in the nite...then av tht intimate discusion with ha.God bles u jare.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Dtwoabbey(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2012
Try to be truthful to ur wife since you are one. If she tries to be arrogant after telling her the truth then God might raise you more higher than him. This is a test for you. Say the truth now and see what God will do for you in return. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by kristofa09(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2012
$ugardaddy:

Thank you for your wonderful advice my dear friend. Each time I look at my beautiful kids, I feel the pains they will have to go through as a result of their mother's stupidity 'cos I haven't seen any alternative to divorce for my marriage so far (still seeking an alternative though).
In the estate where I leave, there is a banker that has been out of job for over two years now and the wife has been solely responsible for the upkeep of the home and the kids without any quarrel. The wife even had to opt for her company bus to and fro work daily while the husband uses the only car that is in order just to hustle. Thank God I have been able to invest in real estate enough not to depend on my wife even if I don't have anything doing again, but I don't see her having the kind of heart this my neighbour's wife has which is why I strongly feel it's better we go our separate ways now.
Op, sorry please. I have no intention to derail you thread but na wetin man see him dey take make parable. Best of luck to you and family.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Melahou(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2012
a gud wife will respect u even wen u re out of job...
u beta open up or u`ll die in silence
she`s ur wife n pride shd not come.
she might have even known ur salary
jst d way u found out abt hers.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2012
afam4eva: You go fear thread now.

At times i wonder why some people get married. It's not by force to get married. But if you must, then you have to live by the code. Your wife is a part of you now, so why should you be hiding anything from her. if you can't trust her then divorce her and get married to someone you can trust. Chikena.

I just fell in love with you all over again... #NO HOMO!!

My fiancee's gross salary per annum is way higher than mine by almost 5 million Naira, but our monthly take home, mine is greater by about 150,000... She handles my accounts, has my tokens, knows the passwords to all my emails and as soon as we get married would become my next of kin and co signatory to all my accounts..

Thats why its called a marriage.. not just boyfriend & Girlfriend..
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Guyman02: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2012
$ugardaddy:

If you dont have the kind of wife at bolded then think very well before you do certain things that may cost you your respect. She is not disturbing you about your income so why bring it up except if she starts demanding for morethan you can cope.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by LordReed(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
@OP
I only hope you have not been living above your means and showing off because you wanted to impress her into marrying you. If that is your situation then you only have yourself to blame and be sure that she will be very cross with you when she finds out whether now or later but better now than later.
If however you are genuinely just in a case of misunderstanding then you need to find a "romantic" way of explaining to her that you earn less than she does and at the same time show that you are in no way trying to shirk your responsibilities.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by lilkech(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

I just fell in love with you all over again... #NO HOMO!!

My fiancee's gross salary per annum is way higher than mine by almost 5 million Naira, but our monthly take home, mine is greater by about 150,000... She handles my accounts, has my tokens, knows the passwords to all my emails and as soon as we get married would become my next of kin and co signatory to all my accounts..

Thats why its called a marriage.. not just boyfriend & Girlfriend..

if what you just posted here is true

then you bought a one way ticket, entered the train and are on the fastlane to oblivion

there is a HUGE line between a fiance and a wife. Guy you need to trust only yourself. You just cant hand over all those info to your girlfriend or fiance just like that . . . Dont you have a family member you could trust with it?

Better hurry up and wed that girl so that you would have a destination in your relationship
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Konnektions146(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
lilkech:

then you bought a one way ticket, entered the train and are on the fastlane to oblivion

there is a HUGE line between a fiance and a wife. Guy you need to trust only yourself. You just cant hand over all those info to your girlfriend or fiance just like that . . . Dont you have a family member you could trust with it?

Better hurry up and wed that girl so that you would have a destination in your relationship
he is doin dat already..
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by lilkech(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
Konnektions146:
he is doin dat already..

doing what?

Heading to oblivion?
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Konnektions146(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
lilkech:

doing what?

Heading to oblivion?
oblivion no man,
wedding de lady,
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by warrior01: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
manosteel: To say the least, I'm confuse the more. Reading through the posts, i have got enough reasons to keep my mouth shut no matter what, and at the same time, i have got one thousand and one reasons why i must open up as soon as possible. The fact is that i love my wife, and despite my lesser earnings, i still meet her needs, provide for her, take her out and the stuffs like that, and she loves me too. Jokingly, she had asked me in few occasion how much was my salary, i mumbled over it without given her a clear answer. I'm afraid if i tell her, i might loose my respect and become a puppet husband. Maybe i may ask the ladies in this forum, if you realize that you earn more than your husband, would you still regard him as being in charge? Especially in decision making.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by warrior01: 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
manosteel: To say the least, I'm confuse the more. Reading through the posts, i have got enough reasons to keep my mouth shut no matter what, and at the same time, i have got one thousand and one reasons why i must open up as soon as possible. The fact is that i love my wife, and despite my lesser earnings, i still meet her needs, provide for her, take her out and the stuffs like that, and she loves me too. Jokingly, she had asked me in few occasion how much was my salary, i mumbled over it without given her a clear answer. I'm afraid if i tell her, i might loose my respect and become a puppet husband. Maybe i may ask the ladies in this forum, if you realize that you earn more than your husband, would you still regard him as being in charge? Especially in decision making.
you better don't waste ur time. They will tell u they can't hurt a fly while they actually meant the opposite. As per ur wife, whenever she ask nxt time; tell her and then watch out for her reaction and that will determine ur action.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by lilkech(m): 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
Konnektions146:
oblivion no man,
wedding de lady,

amen

i am also on the way to becoming the next UN SEC GEN
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Konnektions146(m): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
lilkech:

amen

i am also on the way to becoming the next UN SEC GEN
lol,
bros, u go believe ooooooo
de young man went to show some family de lady,
so u see, he is workin towards dat,

abt UN sec Gen, i am Russia and china combined...i will veto in yur favour.

i hail de next UN Boss!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by WhyAWhy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Personally I believe husband and wife should be thoroughly transparent with themselves. Even my girl friend knows my take home pay.
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
lilkech:

Again its all about the personality of the person you are dating.. My fiancee is the best thing that's happened to me since I started dating and I have absolutely no fears whatsoever.. We will be married by february next year, been dating for 1 year and 6months.. She has proven beyond doubt that she's trustworthy.. If you ate in a relationship where you are not free enough to let her know all about you, then I wonder what you are doing with that person.. I am terrible at hiding things so I needed someone with whom I am absolutely comfortable with and I found her..
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Daresh(f): 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
[quote author=$ugardaddy]OP, let me share a personal experience.
I was earning 3ce my wife's salary before I got married and was very open about it, she opened up on hers as well and everything was fine. About 7 years later, she got a better offer that pushed her salary to almost same as mine. Then, her salary became a top secret and no discussions around it was welcome. She introduced the concept of "my money" rather than "our money" and on several occasions, blatanly challenged my authority at home even in the presence of outsiders sometimes. Thrice, I confronted her and informed her how her sudden lack of openness and respect was impacting on the marriagea and she paid deaf ears. A few months later, I got a much awaited breakthrough that made rubbish of her new salary. And yes, it was time for pay back. I informed her that the much awaited news has finally come and then, I changed the rules of the game -no more contributions to the home from her under any guise or form no matter how little, the new law became "keep your salary and do whatever you want with it but do not spend on anything for the family". If there's anything the family requires, I provide everything 100% and her opinion no longer counts in any decision-making process in the home. I solely take all decisions now without letting her know what my plans are. It's been over a year now and I have effectively regained my respect and control of the home back even though I notice she's beem very, very uneasy with the development. Unfortunately, I hardly forgive especially when I feel I have been deliberately hurt. My final resolve is to crash the marriage anytime now for her challenging my authority just because of a mere pay rise.

The clock is ticking ..........slowly but surely![/quote/]

You know ur marriage is sad right? Are you happy with the way things are? You shd forgive her and try to make things right. Forgiveness is a sign of strenght not weakness. Make your self happy dude!
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by Digriz(m): 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
@@
Re: Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? by sugardaddy1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
@Daresh
Thanks for the advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? / A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years / About The Man.....!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.