Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,596 members, 7,921,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:09 PM

Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? (7516 Views)

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job / Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Applying For Job, How To Write Your Personal Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Another Esther Breakthrough in embryo. The Guy wants to chop your money. If the guy want to help you,dnt give him deposit o. Let him give you the job and then pay him with agreement with a lawyer. Honestly, if the guy truly have a job,he wld rather give his younger brother or family member. This one na SCAM abeg

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Bzoe(f): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
just wait on God,i don't belive he's real.419
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
Siga: ...lol...see person wey wan help another man get job....asking " are you a 1st class material" ....u sure say u urself get job....What a question grin...

i think u misunderstood dat guy. wat he meant is dat, 'dnt believe anybody who promises jobs in such manner except if u ursef u hav a first class result'. no beef
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by lumeneng22: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
Why demanding for advance when he has said pay once you get d job.
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
Bisjosh: My dear how much is he asking for? If its more than #2,000, please update that agreement that the payment(which is maybe a fraction of your first salary) will be made after u get the job. Putting u both on safe sides especially you and you can also get a witness so as to put his own mind too at rest.

na wah for u ooo
who will request for #2000 to get u a job? no, i'm jst asking? abi, me i for neva pay like 50 pple dat amount to get me a job? he said huge amount, make meaningful comments pls.
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Holiday: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Poster, You have to be extremely careful in parting with money for people to secure a job for you. I was once a victim, though it came in such a way that it was hard to believe i fell for His tricks. My Uncle assisted this so called big man to do some electrical job in his new mansion,upon completion, the Man pleaded that he was short of Cash,and the job was worth about 25k, he then pleaded that he will return the gesture by giving any of his relative a job at NNPC, since he was based in Abuja, that was how my uncle requested that i forward my CV and credentials to him so that the "Big man" can assist me to get a job. A month after the man came back stating that he has submitted the CV and that I'll soon get my letter of Interview which will soon be dispatch through courier service, however, that he will be returning to abuja in a few days and needed to show appreciation to those staff who assisted him in the corporation. He then requested for 50k for the PR, which we beat that down to 30k, and i was pressured to cough out that much which i sent through my uncle.

Truth is after colllecting that sum, the man started giving irrelevant excuses, that NNPC doesnt accept any grade less than a first class, so i told him to refund my money through same source, but nothing came out,His number went into voice mail, and that was how i lost 30k and my uncle got nothing for his labour.

just sharing my experience, so be careful

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Picomon(m): 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
Scammer watch!!! No pay am money ohh.. Get tha job n pay.
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by eledalo: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Desperation has led Nigerians to consider things they would never do in a million years under normal circumstances. I dont think you sould pay for a job. smells like a scam
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by livapul86(m): 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
Only in Naija! Nne, I had a similar story to yours. After chatting with a middle aged man in my neighbourhood and lamenting my jobless state, he promised to contact his Inlaw, who he claimed was the Chief Security Officer for Shell in Port Harcourt. My eyes lit up, when he called me that his inlaw was willing to help me secure a position with Shell and that I should come over to his house for details. This man told me that his in law requested I pay #90k to get the job. On the spot I agreed to pay but with a better offer. I told him I was ready to give them 90% of my monthly salary for the first year as long as they got me the job. To buttress my seriousness, I offered to give him the original copies of all my Credentials as Collateral, just in case I try to default in payment. To cut the story short, the man called me that his inlaw didn't agree, as he said he needed the money upfront as Mobilization money. I just Ignored him.

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by pyyxxaro: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
Booty4me: Op, This ur Story Get K-leg. But how come you ar jobless but have huge sum of money to pay an agent. ABEGI. NEXTTT

Beta bomb de ur head...... grin shocked
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Maxdiamond(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
Op,pls dnt pay d man any kobo yet.let him secure u d job first then u pay him frm u first salary.Tell him lyk dat.
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Skywalker5(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
why would you pay an agent to get a job?.never heard of it
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by seedord247(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
Scammers always look genuine.

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by jellyface(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dont try it pls. It just happened 2 me not up to 2 weeks ago. My story is a bad one. I even borrowed money 2 pay up. Now there is no job and i am in debt. The man ran away and changed his line. Learn frm me pls. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
wink bro wise up, i gav my 100 k 2 a man they said then 2 be trust worth a year and half now am stil on d battle of collectin my money back . Let him giv u d job 1st
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by bosbee04: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
wat is d pay?
if it is reasonable nd affordable,give him
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by tasty777: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
If you are seroiusly in needs of job, you need to take somerisk

2 Likes

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by SUCCESSPOWER(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
If you trust him you can give him what he demands for. After all that is nigeria today
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by fesdo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
It is not good to pay someone to secure job, who told you if 10 people offer him money for the same job, he won't collect?
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Sike(m): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
Insa.nity.
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by stpat1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hellooo, Don't mind some pessimist views being shown here o, If you can find out the man's precedents then you can deduce if he's in a good position to get you a job or not. If you are in a place like the Niger delta, then you'd know its a normal thing because some CLOs have got slots and they sell to anyone who's willing to play ball.

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by walexmanny(m): 12:40am On Jul 31, 2012
Run for ya life
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by amanyi4u(m): 2:06am On Jul 31, 2012
They is no problem with paying agent to help you secure a job but ur mode of payment matter. Write aggrement to pay him after getting you a job and if the amount he demanded is more than ur first salary, please give him some percentage from ur salary and pay between 4 to 6 months. If he accept, matter don end, if otherwise run far from him cos people can do anything when they are hungry. HUNGER O
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by ExcelDec(m): 2:07am On Jul 31, 2012
SCAMMMMMM..... Tak to yur heels.
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Bisjosh(f): 5:45am On Jul 31, 2012
mawojuuche:

na wah for u ooo
who will request for #2000 to get u a job? no, i'm jst asking? abi, me i for neva pay like 50 pple dat amount to get me a job? he said huge amount, make meaningful comments pls.

And wђat meaningful comment did you make? undecided Abegi no pass your frustration on me!!!! angry she should state the amount he's requesting for else make she let us hear word!
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 31, 2012
Thanks guys for the advices, i do appreciate. We agreed that it must be a federal government job which according to hm has its own price tag way above any other jobs. The money he is asking for is a little bit above 250k. I wish i could invest it on smth
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Euroclydon(m): 7:04am On Jul 31, 2012
My Mum once paid a road safety man to get a slot for me but it was a scam and the man seemed over genuine sef. If he cant get u the job b4 any form of ''appreciation'' forget it and keep searching...a beta job wil surface that wil pay for all ur troubles.

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by brownlord: 7:11am On Jul 31, 2012
Bzoe: just wait on God,i don't belive he's real.419

Since when God come down begin build refinary or open factory for people to work in my friend, dont have anytin to say i cant keep quiet?
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by stpat1(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2012
nne3870: Thanks guys for the advices, i do appreciate. We agreed that it must be a federal government job which according to hm has its own price tag way above any other jobs. The money he is asking for is a little bit above 250k. I wish i could invest it on smth

My dear, I have to be very honest with you, if its a federal govt job then its most likely not going to work, cos Fed Govt jobs are not that easy to come by and its mostly strong politicians that usually have influences to do that.

I thought its was a private company job that is probably set up in his community, with that he can slot you in to one of the community slots. If its fed govt job, omo 250k is too much and I tell you, there 90% probability that it wont work out. so back off

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by wonderiyke(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2012
@OP ;While in Uni, I developed this personal policy that goes thus....never be desperate for anything, no matter what. It is a very difficult policy to uphold, but in the long run, I've never regretted it. Why not patiently persevere as you put in your best. Also be willing to start with a small one. You could even think along the business lines since you have some small money that you're contemplating to pay this man whom you're not so sure of. You could even use the money to acquire some skill set that can help you start something. Above all else, trust in the Lord in all things for He has promised to bless the works of our hands. Be wise my dear. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Bisjosh(f): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2012
nne3870: Thanks guys for the advices, i do appreciate. We agreed that it must be a federal government job which according to hm has its own price tag way above any other jobs. The money he is asking for is a little bit above 250k. I wish i could invest it on smth

My dear bone am na scam o!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!!! lipsrsealed
Instead use the 250k to start a business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U-connect CBT On Behalf Of Standard Chartered Bank / Invitation For Interview - The Boss Group / Beloxxi Interview/test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.