Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,625 members, 7,921,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? (7517 Views)

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job / Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Applying For Job, How To Write Your Personal Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Melahou(m): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2012
if d man is serious about getting you a job then let him get it and you pay him after collecting your first month salary @ an agreed %
he may connive with a friend some where and actually get u a job...and after a week on the job,u may get fired for one stupid reason.
so tell me,did he violate the terms of the agreement...
he may look genuine as they always do....
my advice...dont give him
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by kristofa09(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
Bisjosh: Many of these agents are serial liars!!!!! angrytaking advantage of jobseekers to get rich angry. Some even advertise vacancies that don't exist cryand say that the job closed cos you applied late(which must have been after you bought their yeye form shocked)!! Be wise gal but in the main time, you can go to companies on island to submit your CVs especially headoffices. Goodluck!!!!!!! wink
bisjosh pls help me wth d names of sme cmpanis in d island tht i cn go n submit my CV pls..these agent r kiling us o.bin searchin 4 a place 2 start

OP pls b careful.job 4 hand money 4 hand
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by MickeyBricks(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
livapul86: Only in Naija! Nne, I had a similar story to yours. After chatting with a middle aged man in my neighbourhood and lamenting my jobless state, he promised to contact his Inlaw, who he claimed was the Chief Security Officer for Shell in Port Harcourt. My eyes lit up, when he called me that his inlaw was willing to help me secure a position with Shell and that I should come over to his house for details. This man told me that his in law requested I pay #90k to get the job. On the spot I agreed to pay but with a better offer. I told him I was ready to give them 90% of my monthly salary for the first year as long as they got me the job. To buttress my seriousness, I offered to give him the original copies of all my Credentials as Collateral, just in case I try to default in payment. To cut the story short, the man called me that his inlaw didn't agree, as he said he needed the money upfront as Mobilization money. I just Ignored him.

Nicely done

lol @ mobilization money.
It just doesnt make any sense whatsoever to give someone money to get you a job, if it was that simple there wouldnt be so many jobless people around
Re: Paying To Get A Job : How Reasonable? by Ardedaryor(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
God go help us sha.me belive in him die

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U-connect CBT On Behalf Of Standard Chartered Bank / Invitation For Interview - The Boss Group / Beloxxi Interview/test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.