Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,812 members, 7,889,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:36 PM

Is British Youth The Worst? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is British Youth The Worst? (1804 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Woolwich Attacker,Michael Adebolajo Is British (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is British Youth The Worst? by buffead(f): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2007
French youngsters may be rude, but they're only 10 years away from matching Britain's teens

The latest think-tank report on British teenagers behaving badly, so badly they top the league of worst behaving youth in the Western world, makes irresistible reading for the French chauvinist. Irresistible because, by contrast, French teenagers reveal themselves as the best behaved (alongside Italians and Portuguese).

In short, French 15-year-olds fight less (38 per cent compared with 44 per cent of British 15-year-olds), binge-drink far less (3 per cent to 27 per cent), seem less sexually promiscuous (22 per cent to 38 per cent) and when they are, they use condoms more (82 per cent to 70 per cent). They eat more with their parents (89 per cent to 64 per cent) and hardly hang out with friends on weekday evenings (17 per cent to 45 per cent).

The youth of Britain has always been more badly behaved - if that is the word - than the youths of most other countries in Europe. We have had teddy boys, mods and rockers, punk rockers, football hooligans, chavs etc etc. Bad behaviour is a teenage right of passage. It also makes our teenagers among the most individualist and creative in the world. Nothing has changed in Britain, in my exoerience teenagers always drank far too much, puked in the streets, had sex too early and generally behaved obnoxiously. As Agnes points out, the real difference now is that it is beginning to happen in other countries as well.
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by buffead(f): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2007
what do u guys think ?
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by uspry1(f): 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
That is old news to me, i saw this story on CNN or BBC to reveal the ten TOP of which one youth are misbehaved (break law, fights, drink too much, have sex early, etc.) on the statistical polls several months ago.

British youth are the worst one of all other countries, French is second, USA i don't remember which category between 4th or 5th.

I will find the source cited for details later, unless you provide the link here.
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by Jakumo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2007
The British yob culture of drunken "football-fan" hooligans swarming the streets and looking for fights is gradually evolving into a more general perdisposition to senseless violence that sends such baying gangs out cruising for trouble even when there is no football game to fight over.

Why anyone would risk getting their teeth kicked in during a fight over a damned football match shall for me remain one of life's more amusing mysteries, but maybe the motivation to such idiocy lies in an inherent genetically-coded need for tribal conflict experienced by members of some sub-cultures within societies that are generally considered civilised and orderly, such as the UK.
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by BlackMamba(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
I'll take binging and wilding out to kids packing and shooting up schools as is creeping in the US.
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by buffead(f): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2007
@upry1 old news or no old news just tell say wat u think thats all undecided undecided
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by folahann(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2007
The bad aspect of this is that African children become truants in Britain and their parents decides to send them for proper discipline at home and sometimes some one them tend to influence our home grown children. This happens a lot in Ghana and Nigeria.
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by folahann(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2007
Infact, i knew and met a lot of them.
They were so bad behaved, a boy as young as 14 as at that time was alresdy a terrorist,rapist and a lot of social vices, he stole a lot and booted b4 he was later caught.
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by Blatant: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2007
Yes. Britain is terrible for that. It's all, in my opinion due to their inability to properly train their children. In Britain, good parenthood is equated with spoiling your kids and buying them everything they request even when it is not good for them in the long run.

It wont be long till this kind of behaviour becomes rampant in Nigeria as Nigerians are always looking to copy whatever is done in Britain and America
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by folahann(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
let's hope Nigeria don't get influenced
Re: Is British Youth The Worst? by Nostradamus: 9:10am On Jul 19, 2019
folahann:
let's hope Nigeria don't get influenced
nigeria didn't copy them.

(1) (Reply)

Hilary Clinton Lied On Tape / Representing Africa; A diplomat sleeping on duty / 5 Killed As MOLUE Plunges Into Ditch In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.