Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,315 members, 7,920,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:48 PM

Is This From Mtn Or 419? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This From Mtn Or 419? (1310 Views)

Sue MTN Or Refund My Money. / The Biggest 419 Job Ever ($242m) - The Mother Of All Cons / Mtn Or Fraud ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This From Mtn Or 419? by farous(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pls i need an urgent answer,posting this under Romance section is intentional as this is one of the most visited section;I just got message in my MTN line.Sender is 180.The Message read thus: "Congratulation!,you have won 2million in the MTN HYUNDAI promotion for recharging up to 200.Call 0803-64...... now for more info,your REG NO is MN-750". I called the number and a man picked it and asked me my name i told him and he say i should call back in two minutes so that he can check from the server whether my name is there.I lter called back and he asked me three questions:1.When did i bought my line.2.When did i register it.3.Am i in family and friends and how many numbers do i have there.I answered all the questions.He now say that i should buy 750 card,and send it as thus: Star followed by my number start follwed by PIN card,then press harsh and click ok.Thereafter,they will now send me a cheque number.Once again,congratulations!. PLEASE IS THIS TRUE OR 419?,
Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by donbuchi1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
RUN FOR YOU LIFE
Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by kanmifad(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
it is 419 have received similar message b/4
mtn will call you not messaging you go to mtn shop around you or call 180 to confirm
Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by Rocktation(f): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
Poster c'mon. This is tooooo easy naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by davechika(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
farous: Pls i need an urgent answer,posting this under Romance section is intentional as this is one of the most visited section;I just got message in my MTN line.Sender is 180.The Message read thus: "Congratulation!,you have won 2million in the MTN HYUNDAI promotion for recharging up to 200.Call 0803-64...... now for more info,your REG NO is MN-750". I called the number and a man picked it and asked me my name i told him and he say i should call back in two minutes so that he can check from the server whether my name is there.I lter called back and he asked me three questions:1.When did i bought my line.2.When did i register it.3.Am i in family and friends and how many numbers do i have there.I answered all the questions.He now say that i should buy 750 card,and send it as thus: Star followed by my number start follwed by PIN card,then press harsh and click ok.Thereafter,they will now send me a cheque number.Once again,congratulations!. PLEASE IS THIS TRUE OR 419?,
u should ask urself why would mtn ask u to send 750 recharge card when they have access to millions of recharge cards at thier disposal.
2; u should have called customer care 180 to verify.
i hope u didnt send the card to them.
they are all Facrooooks and Scammers
Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
I guess mtn boss have ran out of airtime so he need yours.......send them a used card cuz they are 419iers, mtn calls you wen you win any prize not text

1 Like

Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by davechika(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
Abbey2sam: I guess mtn boss have ran out of airtime so he need yours.......send them a used card cuz they are 419iers, mtn calls you wen you win any prize not text
ur idea of sending them used cards is cool,thats if u wanna play along with them anyway.
Re: Is This From Mtn Or 419? by Yankeeboyjnr: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2012
I received the same message this morning from 180 with a phone number to call and a Ref. No. 482, bt i ignored it. Instead, i called the customer care and ask if it was true, and they told me that MTN would never ever send text message to someone, instead they will call you to go and redeem your price @ any of their outlets nearest to you. I guess all these fraudsters are all MTN staffs, cause no one will eventually do such a thing. All these acts are parts of corruption so MTN should do something about it to track down these bad guys.

(1) (Reply)

This Happened To A Friend Of Mine....scam Alert, Be Careful / Post Your Pictures Here If You Are A Naija Girl And U Have Big A** / 15 Things You Should Never Say To An Introvert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.