Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,492 members, 7,932,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:06 AM

Office Dating: For Or Against? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Dating: For Or Against? (5716 Views)

Poll: For Or Against Office Dating? Responses Needed.

For: 29% (32 votes)
Against: 70% (78 votes)
This poll has ended

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by realkemmy(m): 11:53am On Dec 11, 2007
i am strongly against it

its like licking bitter kola coated with honey.

the end does not always justify the means.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by yimiton(f): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2007
Totally against.
A lil flirting now and again without any serious intentions could be allowed but nothing serious, not even up to the kissing level.
It's a total NO for me.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Guchis(f): 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2007
I think it all depends on the kind of persons involved.
Personally, i'm not comfortable with the idea.
It does work out for some though, One man's meat,
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Bahunga: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2007
I am so so against it. and believe me, am talking from experience. no matter how much you think you both love each other, it will hardly hardly, i repeat, hardly work if you both are in the same office. maybe it might have worked out for some few, but mostly, it always goes wrong. Happy dating in life to you all.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2007
I prefer to call it office romance. it does work but only a little percentage of it last. office romance is largely is a temporary thing. I would am not it neither am i against it. but do not let it jeopardize or come in between u and ur work.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by funmeme(f): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2007
i am totally against it because i see it as rubissssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

it doesn't make sense to me its really annoying
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by kojeiwa(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2007
I love my job too much to take that risk. I have always tried to avoid that as my female coworkers keep

trying to make an advances on me. It's tempting, but i wouldn't risk it.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Scopium: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2007
[size=13pt]That's a landmine path to happiness. If you are lucky you get to cross if not you get blown apart by one of them landmines. It should be avoided completely but when the hooks are really deep then you are at the mercy of the fisherman grin grin[/size]
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by georgen2u(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2007
i am against it it is too bad i cant allow myself o be victim its betrayal
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by stefykarl: 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2007
I dont see anything wrong with it, cosit will weird if am dating someone outside mine office cos i wont have time for the person, the nature of mine job confines me just with mine colleagues, so am dating mine colleague, cos we ve time for ourselves, at least we can steal some minutes and ve a nice time together, and go home together, and he loves me and i do love him and we are matured about it, so is not a deal though
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by oluwolexy(m): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2007
Am very new in this environment, but i believe there is nothing wrong in office dating b'cos a lot of successful marriages have come thru this process the only thing is that luck should play on the part of the parties involve.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by NihilceM: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
It's not healthy if you aren't thinking of taking it to the next level.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by A40(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2007
Whatever happened to that good old saying? Business before pleasure
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by habibi777(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2007
it all depends on both partys but to i will not
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by quinofhart(f): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
Against.

it comes with too much drama, for someone like me who likes my privacy.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by mahal(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
totally against!
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Menace121: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2007
That is too complicated
you have to see the person at work everyday. what happends if you break up or have an argument? that will bring too much dating to the work place
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by KKdolphin: 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2007
With the army of babes my company has in its ranks, its almost impossible not to get involved. wink
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Neyoyo(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2007
I once dated a girl who was living in the same hostel with me at the university.The relationship didn't last at all.I was always seeing her "toasters" while she was always seeing my "prospects".There was no room for privacy and we both allowed jealousy to destroy the relationship.So I'll advise some distance in the workplace and in the residence between lovers.But if it's a relationship made in heaven,who knows it can work.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by kaycrystal(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2007
Most of guys are against office romance, well, its a lot of fun and drama adds to the fun,

@neyoyo
same hostel scenario is different frm same office, so u guys got better chances here dan while in d hostel, and maturity comes in here as well,

its pointless drawing d lines, wots most important is to enjoy d thrills n frills while it lasts, if it lasts,
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by kewe(f): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2007
Against
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by cliffemmy(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2007
I am actually not comfortable with your definition of  "Dating"

"Kissing and Petting" for an unmarried couple is the not the definition of Courtship, Love or Dating. If we call it passion; then it is the unbridled kind of it.

If you admire someone who is always close to you (whether at work or at home), define your motive and set the boundaries, for candles often melt in the face of any kind of intense heat.

But if friends, colleagues or close associates build their tent around sensual passion, then the questions are "Can they see beyond their hormones?" "What is their vision and their most responsible, reliable and cost-effective action plan?".

Immediate gratification is expensive and myopic.

I share this view like many others, for those who desire and pursue a quiet and peaceful life.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
Relationship can start anywhere, u only need to be mature about it. For all the ladies that are against it, well after una don reach 35 na beg una go dey beg. U won't give a toss if na office or road realtionship.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by lekki2004(m): 11:36pm On Dec 11, 2007
against,

why?

it's a bad habit. if you're in the habit, you better stop it before your boss sees you two.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by whiteroses(f): 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
its not easy o mr dada in nigeria likes to sleep in staff room a lot since he starts dating auntycomputer he's never been the same because their desk are exact opposite and mr dada couldn't sleep anymore, when you go to his desk his eyes are always very heavy you can tell he really wants to sleep but he knows aunty computer his watching but one day he couldn't resist and slept off when i knocked his desk as he faced up he noticed his girlfriend was behind me so he covered his face and starts to look for face towel trust me it wasn't pretty
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Ladytemi(f): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2007
oluwolexy:

Am very new in this environment, but i believe there is nothing wrong in office dating b'because a lot of successful marriages have come through this process the only thing is that luck should play on the part of the parties involve.
I don't see anything wrong with it, I meet my boyfriend 6 yrs ago at work and for the short time we worked together, we were able to be professional at work and do our jobs. So I would say that the choice is left to the parties involved to determine if they can be professional at work and save kissy kissy for after work, if not then don't date each other.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by touche(m): 5:50am On Dec 12, 2007
Against.

'Absence increases respect and honour'. Colleagues probably see too much of each other. The relationship will certainly lack the element of suspense, how can she sit back and daydream about him when he's right there??!!
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by odada(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2007
HMNNNNNNNNNnnnn Can I be indifferent? tongue tongue
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by sirt1(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2007
I once dated a girl who was living in the same hostel with me at the university.The relationship didn't last at all.I was always seeing her "toasters" while she was always seeing my "prospects".There was no room for privacy and we both allowed jealousy to destroy the relationship.So I'll advise some distance in the workplace and in the residence between lovers.But if it's a relationship made in heaven,who knows it can work.

It all depends on the level of maturity. You can imagine the excitement of the so call "kisses, lookery and sometimes touchery" at work , it adds flavour to the whole show. However, if you are not ready to face whatever comes out of it, please don't try it oooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by VIPICO(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2007
Office Dating: For Or Against?

Could lose ur job, bros
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by Ajike: 9:48am On Dec 12, 2007
well it might be the same company but not the same branch, you know grin, it can be fun gisting on fone or thru intranet wink
Re: Office Dating: For Or Against? by phanty(f): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2007
MATURITY GOES A LONG WAY TO ATTEST 4 D SURVIVAL OF THE RELATIONSHIP

sides wat each party wants also contributes to it if u see it as sumtin u want to workout well den i suppose u lld work towards it i cant say m against or for it cos it doesnt go down well 4 evri 1 nd it works 4 sum as sum1 stated
MOREOVER I BELIV DERE RE NO GIVEN RULES TO D SUCCESS OF ANY GUD RELATIONSHIP SUMTINS JUST WORK OUT ND U NEVA CAN TELL WHERE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Visible Corporate Norther Women / Which is the best bank account for Salary Earners - UBA, SC Or Zenith? / Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.