Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,739 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (911277 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
ak22:

I didn't use AC.
3 hours 45minute
Though I speed

What did I need to change from the car . the car just land last week

You need to take it somewhere for a full check. Every car is not the same.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
ak22:

OK thanks

Can I change the oil? Am still using the follow come oil

Check the sticker on the windshield drivers side to see when next oil change was due
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
radautoworks:

Check the sticker on the windshield drivers side to see when next oil change was due

OK
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Drphemmy4u: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please how much is EOD V6 radiator, AC compressor and Condenser? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:44am On Aug 22, 2020
nonhuman:
Should I continue using Honda z1 ATF or look for the new DW for my gear and how much does it cost

The Z1 is obviously fake from China as Honda discontinued it 10yrs ago.

DW1 is the appropriate one, avoid the imitations from China

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nonhuman(m): 5:58am On Aug 22, 2020
luvinhubby:

The Z1 is obviously fake from China as Honda discontinued it 10yrs ago.

DW1 is the appropriate one, avoid the imitations from China
I can't find DW1, can I use oando, as advised by my tech
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nonhuman(m): 8:07am On Aug 22, 2020
I just fixed an oil leak from my gear seal but right now I don't have money to order for Honda DW1 can I use seahorse dextron111D for the meantime and how long is it not advisable to exceed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2020
nonhuman:
I just fixed an oil leak from my gear seal but right now I don't have money to order for Honda DW1 can I use seahorse dextron111D for the meantime and how long is it not advisable to exceed
Egungun be careful, Na express you dey go...

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nonhuman(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2020
kingreign:

Egungun be careful, Na express you dey go...
but it is written in the manual
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2020
nonhuman:
but it is written in the manual

Seahorse dextronIIID?

On which manual?

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Drphemmy4u:
Please how much is EOD V6 radiator, AC compressor and Condenser? Thanks.

Budget ₦55,000 for all
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 11:14am On Aug 22, 2020
Good morning to you all, just bad news for me this morning I took my car to painter to do some little work there . but when I got there this morning I saw the back glass broken like this .

Please how much can I get it ? 2007 Honda civic America .

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Drphemmy4u: 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
luvinhubby:

Budget ₦55,000 for all
Thank you very much.God bless.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Pls how much is Honda civic 2008 alternator
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
nonhuman:
I can't find DW1, can I use oando, as advised by my tech
NO. a few of us on NL sell DW1 so how can you not find it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
nonhuman:

Sure, as long as you also have money for new transmission or for me to rebuild yours grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2020
Please how much is this back windscreen 07 civic lx America ?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
ak22:
Please how much is this back windscreen 07 civic lx America ?

₦17,000

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
luvinhubby:

₦17,000

You do sell it sir or can you connect me with the seller ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
luvinhubby:

₦17,000

Thank you so much sir , You do sell it sir or can you connect me with the seller ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
Good day all. My Honda civic 2008 is giving me serious issue. The battery sign on dashboard is showing when d car is running, the rewire here check n said that my alternator is bad. He bought another alternator for me but the battery sign is still showing and he said I should drive the car for sometime that the alternator will charge d battery. I drove it to work day on Friday a distance of 16km n d battery sign is still showing .it will always appear n disappear. I have to scan the car and it should P2185 code. Yesterday, the sign stop disappearing, it just stay stable, later in d evening that car stopped on motion, I have to use a friend battery to drive it home. The rewire is now saying that the brain box is faulty that why it kills alternator. I disagreed with him because I scanned the car n nothing of such appeared. Pls car gurus here, how do I fix the problem? Here is a pix of the scan result.
Cc Gazzuzu, Radautowork, Nurey

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
donuba61:
Good day all. My Honda civic 2008 is giving me serious issue. The battery sign on dashboard is showing when d car is running, the rewire here check n said that my alternator is bad. He bought another alternator for me but the battery sign is still showing and he said I should drive the car for sometime that the alternator will charge d battery. I drove it to work day on Friday a distance of 16km n d battery sign is still showing .it will always appear n disappear. I have to scan the car and it should P2185 code. Yesterday, the sign stop disappearing, it just stay stable, later in d evening that car stopped on motion, I have to use a friend battery to drive it home. The rewire is now saying that the brain box is faulty that why it kills alternator. I disagreed with him because I scanned the car n nothing of such appeared. Pls car gurus here, how do I fix the problem? Here is a pix of the scan result.
Cc Gazzuzu, Radautowork, Nurey

change your mechanic

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nonhuman(m): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
My Honda is over heats whenever I put on the AC, there is water in the radiator and the fans are working what should I do
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2020
nonhuman:
My Honda is over heats whenever I put on the AC, there is water in the radiator and the fans are working what should I do

Check if the radiator and condenser fins are clogged with dirt.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:

Remote diagnosis unavailable.

Recommendation: visit a competent workshop to have it carefully and properly checked.

Changed all the bushions at the back very expensive but since then tho I've not had chance to really do the overspeed kind of but with the few city speeds I've done he never swerve
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaze4blues(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kindly recommend a good solution for car washing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 2:19am On Aug 26, 2020
Hello pl who is using dis tyre size 205/60R16 Honda Civic 2007-2010 does it fits 10x
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 7:35am On Aug 26, 2020
sirleke:
Can I replace a recommended Tyre of 205/60 r16 with 205/65 r16?

Any negative effect?

Yes you can.

More ground clearance but less high speed stability.

Also be aware that your speedometer will have a small error. If you see 130km/h on your speedometer, you are actually doing 134km/h.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nonhuman(m): 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mrford:

Check if the radiator and condenser fins are clogged with dirt.
I just flushed the radiator today yet temperature exceeds normal after I put on the AC, and another issue started like engine not idling, it revs very high on park.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pls help...i need a very good key programmer please..they said my car entered code... it's blinking key light and refuses to start or goes off immediately it starts....

Honda civic 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
nonhuman:
I just flushed the radiator today yet temperature exceeds normal after I put on the AC, and another issue started like engine not idling, it revs very high on park.

Which honda?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nonhuman(m): 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mrford:

Which honda?
Honda civic

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (436) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.