Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (911270 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by raphroye: 11:37am On Jun 23
Good day house, my 2009 Honda Accord has a very high RPM, it's as high as 1500 immediately I start the car... It also increases the moment I turn on the AC. I took the car to my mechanic, he said there's nothing he can do that I should keep using it like than
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:17pm On Jun 24
raphroye:
Good day house, my 2009 Honda Accord has a very high RPM, it's as high as 1500 immediately I start the car... It also increases the moment I turn on the AC. I took the car to my mechanic, he said there's nothing he can do that I should keep using it like than

Check the throttle body (ejector mouth?
If it's dirty, clean it.
In my 2007 accord, there a relay behind the glove box controlling the acceleration.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24
Zidac:
My Honda Accord Exl 09 drags when accelerating. It takes like 60 seconds or more before hitting a considerable speed. What could be the cause?

The two front legs wobbles also before catching a top speed.

Check your MAP sensor. It's a small sensor somewhere around the manifold and ejector mouth.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24
Zidac:
My Honda Accord Exl 09 drags when accelerating. It takes like 60 seconds or more before hitting a considerable speed. What could be the cause?

The two front legs wobbles also before catching a top speed.

Your fuel pump can also be the issue.
Best advice - Scan the vehicle for possible error codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24
Atolani11:
Good day everyone.
I am currently having a problem with honda accord 2004 v4 engine that I just bought as Naija used.

The car jerks violently when i accelerate and it reaches around 60 to 70km/hr

I have serviced the nozzle, injector
, changed fuel pump, serviced the Map sensor..still no solution.
Infact, once i reach speeds btw 60 to 70km/hr..it jerks violently that i have to take my leg off acceleration. Once i don't drive above that speed, it runs fine.

I don't know what else to do.
My mechanic said he has ran out of ideas.
Infact when i read online that the Map sensor can cause it....my mechanic when to test different map sensors, he said they map sensor in the car works better than all the ones they tested from the seller.

Another point is that the Rev is fine on idle..it can rev very above 5000rev.

I don't know what other sensor to check

This happened to me few weeks ago. I scanned and it showed the MAP sensor. However, the sensor is good but the socket didn't go in properly. I had to change the socket and that was it. Hope your mech knows the difference between the MAP and MAF sensor.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24
Atolani11:

Where is his location?
Abule Egba, in Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by raphroye: 3:22pm On Jun 24
kelvinmnet:

Check the throttle body (ejector mouth?
If it's dirty, clean it.
In my 2007 accord, there a relay behind the glove box controlling the acceleration.
Thank you, I'll do that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24
Atolani11:

Is that the sensor i am pointing a red arrow to?

The IVtech sensor is attached to the back of the engine close to where the arrow is pointed at the back of the engine and it's held by 3 Bolts.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24
raphroye:
Do you have a check engine light?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 4:20am On Jun 25
berbs112:

The IVtech sensor is attached to the back of the engine close to where the arrow is pointed at the back of the engine and it's held by 3 Bolts.

Okay i get.
They have cleaned it.
I will get it scanned and be sure of which sensor to replace when i am boxed up..and revert

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 4:25am On Jun 25
kelvinmnet:

This happened to me few weeks ago. I scanned and it showed the MAP sensor. However, the sensor is good but the socket didn't go in properly. I had to change the socket and that was it. Hope your mech knows the difference between the MAP and MAF sensor.

Yes i know the map sensor.
One stupid mechanic got it broken when he wanted to remove it.
He went to get other sensors there but he said they are all not working as effective as the one there, so he returned the previous one there.

Please will scanning the car bring up the particular sensor that's at fault?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 7:02am On Jun 25
Atolani11:

Yes i know the map sensor.
One stupid mechanic got it broken when he wanted to remove it.
He went to get other sensors there but he said they are all not working as effective as the one there, so he returned the previous one there.

Please will scanning the car bring up the particular sensor that's at fault?

Yes it will give you a code that indicate its the MAP sensor if that's the issue.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by raphroye: 7:40am On Jun 25
Macmilla:

Do you have a check engine light?
Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 10:00pm On Jun 25
Good evening everyone, I scanned my 2007 accord 4 plugs and it gave 3 codes which relates to the o2 sensors (both of them) and the sensor beneath the radiator. My radiator fan is on direct and I don't like it.
However, I was told I need to fix the sensor beneath the radiator before they can connect it to function intermittently. Is this true?

Also, I tested the o2 sensor with a multi meter and they both read correctly which means the sensors are working fine. I noticed the cat has been removed and replaced with a pipe. This prob made the engine very cool and quiet.
Could the cat not being there cause the car to show the o2 sensors as bad?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 10:54pm On Jun 25
kelvinmnet:
Good evening everyone, I scanned my 2007 accord 4 plugs and it gave 3 codes which relates to the o2 sensors (both of them) and the sensor beneath the radiator. My radiator fan is on direct and I don't like it.
However, I was told I need to fix the sensor beneath the radiator before they can connect it to function intermittently. Is this true?

Also, I tested the o2 sensor with a multi meter and they both read correctly which means the sensors are working fine. I noticed the cat has been removed and replaced with a pipe. This prob made the engine very cool and quiet.
Could the cat not being there cause the car to show the o2 sensors as bad?
Post the exact code you got for the O2 sensor. Meanwhile, how did you test the sensors with the multimeter to confirm they're fine?
For the fan, your technician is right. You need to sort out the coolant temperature sensor to revert back to factory set-up.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 8:08am On Jun 26
jceesquare:

Post the exact code you got for the O2 sensor. Meanwhile, how did you test the sensors with the multimeter to confirm they're fine?
For the fan, your technician is right. You need to sort out the coolant temperature sensor to revert back to factory set-up.

Thanks for the quick response.
I didn't save the error codes. Howeve, I'll scan again by weekend and share the codes here.
I tested the O2 sensors by reading the continuity using the multimeter. I inserted the probes (Black and Red) into the socket with same wire color. (Black and Black or White and White) and it made the sound indicating that it's working. Not sure I remember the voltage generated.

My radiator doesn't have the sensor, however, I see it has the permanent plastic inserted into the sensor hole.
Is there a way I can get the sensor and Insert it back Into the hole? Is there a particular sensor for it or how do I identify it?

Kindly assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Deigofortune: 1:22pm On Jun 26
π–―π—…π—Œ π—€π—Žπ—’π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—Œπ—ˆπ—…π—Žπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ π—π—π—‚π—Œ π–’π—ˆπ–½π–Ύ 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗆𝗒 π–§π—ˆπ—‡π–½π–Ί 𝖒𝗂𝗏𝗂𝖼 𝟒𝟨 π—†π—ˆπ–½π–Ύπ—…, 𝗆𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—π–Ύπ–Ίπ— π—ˆπ—‡ 𝖺 π–Όπ—ˆπ—ˆπ—… 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 πŸ£πŸ’π—‰π—†,𝗆𝗒 π—‹π–Ίπ–½π—‚π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—π–Ίπ—Œ π–¦π—Žπ–Ίπ—€π–Ύ 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—‡π—ˆ 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗄𝖺𝗀𝖾 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽, 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗇 π—π–Ίπ—Œ π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„π—‚π—‡π—€ 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖾 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ... πŸ€” π—‰π—…π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 π–Όπ—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ 𝖻𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–Όπ–Ίπ—Žπ—Œπ–Ύ..

π–―πŸ€πŸ£πŸͺ𝟧
π–―πŸ’πŸ£πŸ©πŸ€
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26
kelvinmnet:

Thanks for the quick response.
I didn't save the error codes. Howeve, I'll scan again by weekend and share the codes here.
I tested the O2 sensors by reading the continuity using the multimeter. I inserted the probes (Black and Red) into the socket with same wire color. (Black and Black or White and White) and it made the sound indicating that it's working. Not sure I remember the voltage generated.

My radiator doesn't have the sensor, however, I see it has the permanent plastic inserted into the sensor hole.
Is there a way I can get the sensor and Insert it back Into the hole? Is there a particular sensor for it or how do I identify it?

Kindly assist.
The fact that you got a continuity beep from your meter does not mean the heater circuit would work fine in the car. You should be more particular at the numbers on your multimeter and the lower the numbers the better for you.
The best way to bench test is with a blowtorch and your multimeter.
If you have a proper professional scanner, run a live data stream and see if the heater is β€œON” or β€œOFF”. Also check the AMP reading and compare with manufacturers spec.
As for the radiator, there are 2 types of radiator for the 7th gen Accord. One with a second ECT sensor at the radiator, and one without.
You need to know which your car comes with.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26
Deigofortune:
π–―π—…π—Œ π—€π—Žπ—’π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—Œπ—ˆπ—…π—Žπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ π—π—π—‚π—Œ π–’π—ˆπ–½π–Ύ 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗆𝗒 π–§π—ˆπ—‡π–½π–Ί 𝖒𝗂𝗏𝗂𝖼 𝟒𝟨 π—†π—ˆπ–½π–Ύπ—…, 𝗆𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—π–Ύπ–Ίπ— π—ˆπ—‡ 𝖺 π–Όπ—ˆπ—ˆπ—… 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 πŸ£πŸ’π—‰π—†,𝗆𝗒 π—‹π–Ίπ–½π—‚π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—π–Ίπ—Œ π–¦π—Žπ–Ίπ—€π–Ύ 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—‡π—ˆ 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗄𝖺𝗀𝖾 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽, 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗇 π—π–Ίπ—Œ π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„π—‚π—‡π—€ 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖾 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ... πŸ€” π—‰π—…π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 π–Όπ—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ 𝖻𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–Όπ–Ίπ—Žπ—Œπ–Ύ..

π–―πŸ€πŸ£πŸͺ𝟧
π–―πŸ’πŸ£πŸ©πŸ€

For the P2185, confirm if fan goes into higher fan speed (that's if fan has not been wired to run constantly).
Inspect and check if ECT sensor and wire is intact.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26
raphroye:

Yes
Why don't you start by scanning the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by demolagilbert: 4:01pm On Jun 27
Kaybeedon:
Can anyone get me a clean used Honda bulldog,at a pocket friendly price.
one question..what's your budget?
https://www.nairaland.com/8138260/well-maintained-honda-accord-bulldog
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 5:37pm On Jun 27
kelvinmnet:

Yes it will give you a code that indicate its the MAP sensor if that's the issue.

I have diagnosed the car.
It shows P2646 and P0325 codes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 5:37pm On Jun 27
berbs112:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Deigofortune: 10:45am On Jun 28
π–Έπ–Ύπ—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗇 π—‚π—Œ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—‡π–Ύπ–Όπ—π–Ύπ–½ 𝖽𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗍... π–―π—…π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'π—Œ 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—Œπ—ˆπ—…π—Žπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ 𝗂𝗍.... 𝖠𝗇𝖽 π—‰π—…π—Œ 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖴 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗁 π—π—π—‚π—Œ 𝖀𝖒𝖳 π–²π–Ύπ—‡π—Œπ—ˆπ—‹ π—‰π—‚π–Όπ—π—Žπ—‹π–Ύ, π—Œπ—ˆ 𝖨 𝖼𝖺𝗇 π—„π—‡π—ˆπ— 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖨 π—Œπ—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π—…π—ˆπ—ˆπ—„ π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹...

jceesquare:

For the P2185, confirm if fan goes into higher fan speed (that's if fan has not been wired to run constantly).
Inspect and check if ECT sensor and wire is intact.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 2:21pm On Jun 28
Atolani11:

It's the sensor I think atolani mentioned before where he pointed the arrow. You can check the code on YouTube and watch videos on it. You can clean the sensor first and if it doesn't work, you can replace it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28
Atolani11:

That P2646 is the same sensor I mentioned. The I have no idea about other code. I believe one will solve the other.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 5:33am
berbs112:

That P2646 is the same sensor I mentioned. The I have no idea about other code. I believe one will solve the other.

P0325 is the knock sensor...changed that already.
P2646 is the ivtec sensor at the back... it was cleaned, but it didn't respond, so the jerk still continues at 80km/hr.
The rewire said we have to order it from Lagos.
Still trying to verify the cost.

The whole stress is distressing already 😫
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 5:33am
kelvinmnet:

It's the sensor I think atolani mentioned before where he pointed the arrow. You can check the code on YouTube and watch videos on it. You can clean the sensor first and if it doesn't work, you can replace it.

P2646 is the ivtec sensor at the back... it was cleaned, but it didn't respond, so the jerk still continues at 80km/hr.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 11:12am
Atolani11:

The sensor is around 10k, if am not mistaken
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by calculation(m): 2:54pm
Atolani11:

My Brother, that ivtec na Wahala, if I tell you that the solution is not replacement bit 1K cost if you can do it yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Emmaco(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.