Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (910394 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:21pm On May 02
remi4ever:

My AC compressor is factory fitted. Still works fine. I have cleaned the injector mouth as well. No black smoke at all.

Omo na wa ooo
Na only God fit help us here ooo
But if the rpm drops and the car still works fine then ignore it.
Car issues cannot be completely fixed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 12:24pm On May 02
remi4ever:

God bless you o, i don Google tire...

In this case, how do I deal with the rpm issue that falls to 500rpm when my car is idle and ac is on?

Since there's no IACV to clean or change.
Scan and fix all codes if any
Clean your throttle body
Do idle relearn
If all these fails, then your car needs further investigation. Don't forget your alternator, ac system and power steering system when doing the further investigation.
Btw, which car is this?
Do you have full power or is your engine sluggish?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:25pm On May 02
remi4ever:

God bless you o, i don Google tire...

In this case, how do I deal with the rpm issue that falls to 500rpm when my car is idle and ac is on?

Since there's no IACV to clean or change.

I think this can be adjusted using an OBD scanner.
Try this and let's know.

I will check mine and share the pix. I think its same thing with yours.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoConsult: 1:07pm On May 02
kelvinmnet:

Omo na wa ooo
It can't
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 2:46pm On May 02
kelvinmnet:

Omo na wa ooo

I understand my Bro. I don't have any single issue with this car. Fuel economy is superb. My cooling system works perfectly. Just this issue. It means I will not use ac unless I'm on motion.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 2:47pm On May 02
kelvinmnet:

Try this and let's know.

I have a friend with an advanced diagnostics tool. I'll make further research if it's possible to adjust idle rpm with it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 2:49pm On May 02
Macmilla:

Scan and fix all codes if any
Clean your throttle body
Do idle relearn
If all these fails, then your car needs further investigation. Don't forget your alternator, ac system and power steering system when doing the further investigation.
Btw, which car is this?
Do you have full power or is your engine sluggish?

Honda inspire 2009 model, 2.0L

The code I have is ecm pcm relay circuit open. I have tried to fix that all to no avail. I guess every honda car throws this code.

I'll perform the idle relearn later today and revert back.

Thanks guys.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 12:20am On May 03
remi4ever:

My AC compressor is factory fitted. Still works fine. I have cleaned the injector mouth as well. No black smoke at all.

In the past, I experienced issue relating to RPM dropping down to around 500 and this causes serious vibration. Throttle body cleaned etc it'll only improve and go back to same in days. I will like you to confirm if you have thermostat in your car because When I finally returned Thermostat to vehicle, RPM became perfect ever since.

I was working on replacing the throttle body but during discussion in a group that I belong about importance of thermostat in cars as against what Kazeems claim, I decided to install thermostat in my car, that was the best decision I ever made regarding that car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 5:43am On May 03
berbs112:

In the past, I experienced issue relating to RPM dropping down to around 500 and this causes serious vibration. Throttle body cleaned etc it'll only improve and go back to same in days. I will like you to confirm if you have thermostat in your car because When I finally returned Thermostat to vehicle, RPM became perfect ever since.

I was working on replacing the throttle body but during discussion in a group that I belong about importance of thermostat in cars as against what Kazeems claim, I decided to install thermostat in my car, that was the best decision I ever made regarding that car.

Bro me too. My fuel economy is beyond amazing.

You didn't see my previous comments.

My thermostat is in place and fan works as it should. No bypass... I cleaned the throttle body some weeks ago. The rpm drop is only when I'm on idle. The moment i move and rpm reached 1k+ vibration reduces and everything normalises.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 8:24am On May 03
remi4ever:

Bro me too. My fuel economy is beyond amazing.

You didn't see my previous comments.

My thermostat is in place and fan works as it should. No bypass... I cleaned the throttle body some weeks ago. The rpm drop is only when I'm on idle. The moment i move and rpm reached 1k+ vibration reduces and everything normalises.

Thanks.

How many fans does your car have? Can u confirm if they are all working well? There was a time I didn't know one of my fan has spoilt and I was experiencing all you have been experiencing. I only use my Ac on the move. If I get to a stop, I have to switch off because the RPM drops, the AC stops cooling and I get vibrations from the engine bay. I visited my mechanic and complained. They just switched on the car and watched it. One fan didn't come on. I changed it that day and that issue stopped. So you have to also think in that direction.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 9:13am On May 03
vivalavida:

How many fans does your car have? Can u confirm if they are all working well? There was a time I didn't know one of my fan has spoilt and I was experiencing all you have been experiencing. I only use my Ac on the move. If I get to a stop, I have to switch off because the RPM drops, the AC stops cooling and I get vibrations from the engine bay. I visited my mechanic and complained. They just switched on the car and watched it. One fan didn't come on. I changed it that day and that issue stopped. So you have to also think in that direction.

2 fans.. They both come on when ac is on. I am at the mechanic's workshop. They need to bring up my engine to rethread the worn adjuster belt.

I'll check it as soon as they're done. Thanks Bro.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 9:52am On May 03
kelvinmnet:

I use a 2007 Accord (DC) and I have same issue. My friend uses same car and has same issue.
Once the ac is ON, you'll feel the vibration and heaviness of the vehicle.

I asked a couple of AC technicians at ladipo and other places, they explained that the manual compressor is the cause.
Manual compressors gets very cold immediately you turn them ON but the automatic compressor takes time to build up till it becomes very cold

My previous car, Camry muscle had an automatic compressor. I didn't feel the vibration but the ac takes time to get cold but once cold....its very cold.

An ac technician said this is an automatic compressor.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 1:29pm On May 03
kelvinmnet:

Try this and let's know.

Update

After my stripped tensioner has been fixed. The vibration has reduced greatly. The issue I have now is vibration when reversing and the low rpm when the AC is on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 3:19pm On May 03
remi4ever:

Update

After my stripped tensioner has been fixed. The vibration has reduced greatly. The issue I have now is vibration when reversing and the low rpm when the AC is on.

This is good news! Weldone!
For the vibration when reversing, check the engine mount and the lower mounts beneath the transmission....you never can tell.
So u can let someone engage the gears when the car is idling while you watch the engine as it moves front and back. This will enable you quickly identify the faulty mount.

Regards the rpm, levlave it for now and monitor for a while after u have fixed the mount issue.

The vibration may further reduce once u fix the faulty mount.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 4:09pm On May 03
kelvinmnet:

This is good news! Weldone!
For the vibration when reversing, check the engine mount and the lower mounts beneath the transmission....you never can tell.
So u can let someone engage the gears when the car is idling while you watch the engine as it moves front and back. This will enable you quickly identify the faulty mount.

Regards the rpm, levlave it for now and monitor for a while after u have fixed the mount issue.

The vibration may further reduce once u fix the faulty mount.

Thanks Broski. I just cannot overlook. Some people might be comfortable but my OCD will not let me.

I'm at the mech close to my house
We want to reinspect the trans mount. The AC is even cooler now with the serpentine belt adjuster properly.

Modified...

I had to clean the oil sludge from the bottom trans mount myself and I found out that the bottom mount has cut.. 😂 😂 😂 I guess my problems are gradually coming to an end.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 5:34pm On May 03
remi4ever:

Thanks Broski. I just cannot overlook. Some people might be comfortable but my OCD will not let me.

I'm at the mech close to my house
We want to reinspect the trans mount. The AC is even cooler now with the serpentine belt adjuster properly.

Modified...

I had to clean the oil sludge from the bottom trans mount myself and I found out that the bottom mount has cut.. 😂 😂 😂 I guess my problems are gradually coming to an end.

Nice...
Slow and steady...
Na to go open workshop remain ooo with the experience you have gathered with this car.

We go choose date for your freedom ceremony....lolz

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 6:03pm On May 03
kelvinmnet:

Nice...
Slow and steady...
Na to go open workshop remain ooo with the experience you have gathered with this car.

We go choose date for your freedom ceremony....lolz

😆 😆 I actually learnt a lot from my previous car. A lot of experience. It was a conversion. Electrical issue been won finish me... 😂 😂 😂
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nsiehi: 9:42pm On May 03
I'm glad I came across this thread now and I am learning already. Ogas in the house please guide me, sometimes I feel like destroying my 2008 Honda accord, V6, 3.5litre as it is about sending me back to the village due to excessive fuel consumption. The car was bought as direct Belgium and is less than 8months post registration. Now the main issue; I visited my mechanic 4months ago to have an oil change, while at it, he told me that the radiator fan does not rotate well and that this is caused by the thermostat. According to him, the thermostat is meant for snowy and cold regions and not for tropical weather. He convinced me that the best option is removing the thermostat and bypassing some electrical stuff in the engine. I allowed him to carry out this process. Ever since this exercise the car consumes fuel excessively. I use about 30litres of fuel weekly to and fro work for a distance of less than 3km, I don't think this is normal despite that it is a V6 engine. It wasn't this bad when the thermostat was there. I want to fix back the thermostat, but I-m afraid the radiator malfunction may return. Please guide me, I am on the verge of throwing this car away. There is no other fault at all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 11:22pm On May 03
Nsiehi:
I'm glad I came across this thread now and I am learning already. Ogas in the house please guide me, sometimes I feel like destroying my 2008 Honda accord, V6, 3.5litre as it is about sending me back to the village due to excessive fuel consumption. The car was bought as direct Belgium and is less than 8months post registration. Now the main issue; I visited my mechanic 4months ago to have an oil change, while at it, he told me that the radiator fan does not rotate well and that this is caused by the thermostat. According to him, the thermostat is meant for snowy and cold regions and not for tropical weather. He convinced me that the best option is removing the thermostat and bypassing some electrical stuff in the engine. I allowed him to carry out this process. Ever since this exercise the car consumes fuel excessively. I use about 30litres of fuel weekly to and fro work for a distance of less than 3km, I don't think this is normal despite that it is a V6 engine. It wasn't this bad when the thermostat was there. I want to fix back the thermostat, but I-m afraid the radiator malfunction may return. Please guide me, I am on the verge of throwing this car away. There is no other fault at all.

If the radiator fan wasn't rotating well, your vehicle would have been overheating. Allowing the mechanic to remove the thermostat was a mistake. The radiator fan shouldn't be running constantly, especially upon starting the car. Right now, the continuous fan operation prevents the engine from reaching its optimal operating temperature. This results in increased fuel consumption as the engine uses up more fuel trying to compensate for the overcooling caused by the constantly running fan.

Personally, when I'm looking at buying a used car, once I see that the thermostat have been taken out, I'm passing. Finally, that Honda Accord 2008 v6 is a high maintenance car. Best of luck with that vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nsiehi: 11:57pm On May 03
xcitedjay:

If the radiator fan wasn't rotating well, your vehicle would have been overheating. Allowing the mechanic to remove the thermostat was a mistake. The radiator fan shouldn't be running constantly, especially upon starting the car. Right now, the continuous fan operation prevents the engine from reaching its optimal operating temperature. This results in increased fuel consumption as the engine uses up more fuel trying to compensate for the overcooling caused by the constantly running fan.

Personally, when I'm looking at buying a used car, once I see that the thermostat have been taken out, I'm passing. Finally, that Honda Accord 2008 v6 is a high maintenance car. Best of luck with that vehicle.

I so much appreciate the detailed explanation, Sir. Before the thermostat was removed, the radiator worked only after few minutes of driving the vehicle, not immediately the ignition is turned on. I don't know why I was so gullible to believe him without a second opinion, perhaps because he has been a personal mechanic for a little over 10 years now. I wish to reinstall the thermostat, is it safe to do this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 12:11am On May 04
remi4ever:

Honda inspire 2009 model, 2.0L

The code I have is ecm pcm relay circuit open. I have tried to fix that all to no avail. I guess every honda car throws this code.

I'll perform the idle relearn later today and revert back.

Thanks guys.
Mine doesn't.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 12:24am On May 04
Nsiehi:

I so much appreciate the detailed explanation, Sir. Before the thermostat was removed, the radiator worked only after few minutes of driving the vehicle, not immediately the ignition is turned on. I don't know why I was so gullible to believe him without a second opinion, perhaps because he has been a personal mechanic for a little over 10 years now. I wish to reinstall the thermostat, is it safe to do this?
Oga, what is the color of your problem? Your car was doing well till you allowed your kazeem friend kazeemize it. Common sense should tell you to undo whatever he did. Someone has also taken time to explain to you the importance of thermostat and you are still asking if you should return it. No, don't reinstall it. Infact, also remove your radiator. You don't need it. It is only for Sahara desert people but you are in Nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nsiehi: 12:53am On May 04
Macmilla:

Oga, what is the color of your problem? Your car was doing well till you allowed your kazeem friend kazeemize it. Common sense should tell you to undo whatever he did. Someone has also taken time to explain to you the importance of thermostat and you are still asking if you should return it. No, don't reinstall it. Infact, also remove your radiator. You don't need it. It is only for Sahara desert people but you are in Nigeria.

Chairman easy oh, abi you wan kill me join grin grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kewtt: 3:19am On May 04
Nsiehi:

Get sense sir.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:21am On May 04
Nsiehi:

The only person I see trying to kill you is your kazeem mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by raphroye: 5:24pm On May 04
Conner44:

Any check engine light on?
Yes, the check engine light is on
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oladele239(m): 8:47pm On May 04
I need a new genuine upstream 02 sensor for accord 04 4 plugs .

Please quote me if u have with price thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 11:03pm On May 04
Nsiehi:

It's perfectly normal for the radiator fan not to start immediately you start the car. The engine needs to warm up first.

The fact that you have a "personal mechanic for 10 years" isn't necessarily a good thing oh!

Maybe I was too subtle in my earlier post. From the way you sound, that car will send you to your village soon. I strongly advise you consider selling the car as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 1:27am On May 05
xcitedjay:

Could you give more details on the boldened?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 10:11am On May 05
Macmilla:

Could you give more details on the boldened?

1. The vehicle has a few imperfections since it is the first year model of that generation. Hence, a higher than normal maintenance cost.
2. The v6 engine used in the Honda Accord v6 is not one of Honda's best engine. At least in that generation.
3. A replacement engine is quite pricey. Replacing any part in that engine will also be expensive.
4. As a v6, the fuel consumption is relatively higher.
5. Some of the parts in the v6 models are more costly than those in the 4 cylinder model. A good example is the engine seat.
6. There is that tendency for a mechanic working on your vehicle to want to charge you higher since the vehicle looks a bit luxurious.
7. Finally, the above individually might not seem all that significant but together they add to the overall maintenance expenses.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 4:51pm On May 05
Please anyone has plug for compressor 08 accord . 4 plugs
Someone in Oyingbo or Ladi
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Cryomancer: 9:31pm On May 05
emadamysy:
Please anyone has plug for compressor 08 accord . 4 plugs
Someone in Oyingbo or Ladi
Kindly contact the creator of this thread, he's your best bet. Been using him since inception and I have had no regrets. His office is at oyingbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.