Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,602 members, 7,948,323 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (936314 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (442) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2020
Please what's the difference between 5w20 nd 5w30
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alushkimo(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2020
Good day house, Pls i need information on 2005 crv. Specifically, can it be used in an area with bad roads? and how reliable is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:06am On Oct 18, 2020
alushkimo:
Good day house, Pls i need information on 2005 crv. Specifically, can it be used in an area with bad roads? and how reliable is it?
i use one presently,its a very strong car and can be used in your area.my roads are terrible too and my CRV just glides through.its a good and reliable car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by holina: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
i use one presently,its a very strong car and can be used in your area.my roads are terrible too and my CRV just glides through.its a good and reliable car

I use crv too, in a bad road area. no issue. very strong car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2020
alushkimo:
please before i forget,check under the car for rust before you buy.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alushkimo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2020
Thank you
Aaaaarghmed:
please before i forget,check under the car for rust before you buy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Please what's the difference between 5w20 nd 5w30

What do I get between both
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2020
holina:

I use crv too, in a bad road area. no issue. very strong car
How is fuel consumption, can it be use for Uber
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oyebab: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
Hello guys, any recommended gear oil for toyota big daddy V6, aside T IV , kind of low on cash and I don't want my gear to pack up..thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2020
oyebab:
Hello guys, any recommended gear oil for toyota big daddy V6, aside T IV , kind of low on cash and I don't want my gear to pack up..thanks

It's that or nothing sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DukeNija(m): 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2020
radautoworks:

You meant that or a new transmission?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaze4blues(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2020
ksmart027:

Yes tell him you want to reverse the fan to factory spec, He is going to tell you that nigeria weather is too hot, dont listen to that trash. Hope your car dont have overheating issue before?

No. There is no history of overheating.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Boocee: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2020
radautoworks:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peterlove11: 10:18am On Oct 19, 2020
I just ringed my Honda Pilot 2008, the car was consuming oil. There is no problem with the car prior to ringing the engine except the high oil consumption. Can I revert to the recommended oil or I should stick with the 20w 50 have been using.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
oyebab:

Try any decent DextronIII, though temporarily
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nakoks(m): 7:36am On Oct 21, 2020
luvinhubby:

Try any decent DextronIII, though temporarily

I"d go with Oando.OP please don't attempt to buy seahorse(you will cry)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 7:52am On Oct 21, 2020
Peterlove11:
I just ringed my Honda Pilot 2008, the car was consuming oil. There is no problem with the car prior to ringing the engine except the high oil consumption. Can I revert to the recommended oil or I should stick with the 20w 50 have been using.
of it was done properly revert
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 735i(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PrinceDave001(m): 12:32am On Oct 22, 2020
Hello house,can I get explicit reviews of Honda Pilot 2006,especially from individuals who own that model. Experts advise will be appreciated also.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hi ogas, am having problem with my rpm not exceeding 3000rpm, I went for scanning, we find out is the vtec solenoid that is the culprit.

We try to remove one from another EOD to test on my own, and my car rpm did just fine.

I want to know how much is it cost to get new one or Belgium.

Is there any body in Abuja who sells it. Thank you

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
Stubborn82:
Hi ogas, am having problem with my rpm not exceeding 3000rpm, I went for scanning, we find out is the vtec solenoid that is the culprit.

We try to remove one from another EOD to test on my own, and my car rpm did just fine.

I want to know how much is it cost to get new one or Belgium.

Is there any body in Abuja who sells it. Thank you
Try cleaning yours and try again, if it doesn't work, unscrew and buy just the sensor. Should be about 5k max

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 7:09am On Oct 24, 2020
Namzy:

Try cleaning yours and try again, if it doesn't work, unscrew and buy just the sensor. Should be about 5k max
Greetings pl is it advisable to upgrade from Mobil xhp to Mobil super 2000 car Honda Civic 09, engine is in top condition

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
Help Everyone ooooO

I changed my engine oil to 5w20 yesterday and today the Vehicle is smoking kind of and also the ENGINE OIL LIGHT ON DASHBOARD HAS BEEN BLINKING WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE

Cc Gazzuzz
Cc radautoworks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Help Everyone ooooO

I changed my engine oil to 5w20 yesterday and today the Vehicle is smoking kind of and also the ENGINE OIL LIGHT ON DASHBOARD HAS BEEN BLINKING WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE

I used total quartz 5000 before and it neither smoked nor had Engine light blinking

Cc Gazzuzz

Cc. Radutoworks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Help Everyone ooooO

Cc Gazzuzz
Cc radautoworks

you do not pour synthetic oil into a sludged up engine.

Replace engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Help Everyone ooooO

Cc Gazzuzz
Cc radautoworks

Didn't you just get this car toks or am I thinking of someone else?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine.

Jeez can I return to the former oil then pour this away and replace with total quartz 5000 jejely coz I just got this engine last year I still v the receipt
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
radautoworks:

Didn't you just get this car toks or am I thinking of someone else?

Just got the engine last year been using total quartz 5000 and yesterday after I've consulted people here I decided to change to the 5w20 which is also what the manual recommended
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine.

I just used it yesterday and it did that today can I just change the oil back on Monday
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Just got the engine last year been using total quartz 5000 and yesterday after I've consulted people here I decided to change to the 5w20 which is also what the manual recommended

So.. You got a new engine and continued to use the same oil used in the last one for a year...?

My brother, now is the time to come together as a country. DM me your real name and I'll arrange some 20w50 for you for free. Can you pick it up from the shop?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
radautoworks:

So.. You got a new engine and continued to use the same oil used in the last one for a year...?

My brother, now is the time to come together as a country. DM me your real name and I'll arrange some 20w50 for you for free. Can you pick it up from the shop?

Yeah using total till yesterday I decided to change to 5w20 since that's what is on the manual nd I also did some consultations
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2020
U r kind hearted ..i respect u

The Nigerian spirit in me is tempting me to ask for mine too
radautoworks:

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (442) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.