Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (910415 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2022
Danthemariner:

You speak like an engineer
How you in lagos

I’m not an engineer, I only work on my own vehicles.

You need a scan to know for sure what’s up with your vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sportwin(m): 6:54am On Nov 15, 2022
Jamie1000:

I feel like Honda makes strong I4 engine that is enough for all manner of driving. It has better hp than Toyota but, If you can afford the maintenance and fueling of V6 go ahead. But, If it's your only car, it's not worth it. Considering the fuel situation. Community driving doesn't bring out the best of v6. You stop and go hear and there. Except high ways. But, It has more hp. That's more pulling power even with AC and full loads from rest. Just extra cost of fuel, oil, maintenance and of course lower resale value.

So the v6 has a lower resale value sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Danthemariner: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2022
Conner44:

I’m not an engineer, I only work on my own vehicles.

You need a scan to know for sure what’s up with your vehicle

Can the scan pick a faulty gear box??

My mechanic test drive the car and said the D light is blinking and the car is removing from gear while driving it...... He showed me two sensors attached to the gear box and said those are bad.. But advice me to get a complete gear box... It really expensive to get a new gear box..

Wat your advice thanks for your time
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:42am On Nov 15, 2022
Danthemariner:

Can the scan pick a faulty gear box??

My mechanic test drive the car and said the D light is blinking and the car is removing from gear while driving it...... He showed me two sensors attached to the gear box and said those are bad.. But advice me to get a complete gear box... It really expensive to get a new gear box..

Wat your advice thanks for your time

It might be that those two sensors are bad OR you’d need a new gearbox but no matter how you look at it a scan is far cheaper than both the replacement sensors or the gearbox itself, and yes a scan will show any possible faults with the gearbox
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Sportwin:

So the v6 has a lower resale value sir?

Yes, offcourse. Less ppl are willing to buy V6.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2022
vivalavida:

Mehn, the language you used to advertise this car might deter people from even pricing it.
You want to discard it as it is not serving its purpose.

You could have just said u want to upgrade or you got another and does not need this one for now.
That your discard language makes it look like the car is trash and you are tired of it.

The car has shown him Shege promax

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PresEmeka: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2022
Jamie1000:

how less powerful is the 4 plug compared to the v6

merits and demerits sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Danthemariner: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2022
Conner44:

It might be that those two sensors are bad OR you’d need a new gearbox but no matter how you look at it a scan is far cheaper than both the replacement sensors or the gearbox itself, and yes a scan will show any possible faults with the gearbox

Thanks alot i will scan the car this week anw paste the code here
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2022
Danthemariner:

Thanks alot i will scan the car this week anw paste the code here

It’s best you do that. It might be that you’d not need to change the gearbox at all. Even a tiny solenoid in the gearbox that is misbehaving will throw a code and you can replace it and have rest of mind.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2022
PresEmeka:

merits and demerits sir

The V6 is quieter

The V6 is smoother in acceleration

The V6 does not vibrate at all even when ac is on

If the 4cyl will take you to abuja with N10k fuel the V6 will do it with N11.5k (the price difference gets smaller if the distance is shorter)

The V6 has a timing belt that needs replacement at least once every 5 years (along with its water pump too) meanwhile the 4cyl doesn’t need any timing chain maintenance as long as you keep your engine oil properly gauges and clean

The 4 cyl is easier to work on

In my opinion the V6 is far better than the 4cyl, it’s just the fueling and ease of maintenance that makes people rush the 4cyl
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2022
PresEmeka:

merits and demerits sir

V6 gives out 271 hp @ 600rmp
While I4 gives out 177 hp

The Accord It's a large Car. The differenc is very much clear when you approach a stop.... from rest, the V6 with lower rpm picks very fast to attain maximum speed even with AC and full loaded car. While the I4 is yet to pick. It shorts off the the 3 plugs on high speed for fuel efficiency and when you slow down, the 6 plugs ignites for the compression to start. So, if you travel alot, V6 is better. If you drive mainly within the city I4 is better. If you're buying car for fun, the V6 is much better. If the engine is sound. It's pretty fast and zippy.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2022
Conner44:

The V6 is quieter

The V6 is smoother in acceleration

The V6 does not vibrate at all even when ac is on

If the 4cyl will take you to abuja with N10k fuel the V6 will do it with N11.5k (the price difference gets smaller if the distance is shorter)

The V6 has a timing belt that needs replacement at least once every 5 years (along with its water pump too) meanwhile the 4cyl doesn’t need any timing chain maintenance as long as you keep your engine oil properly gauges and clean

The 4 cyl is easier to work on

In my opinion the V6 is far better than the 4cyl, it’s just the fueling and ease of maintenance that makes people rush the 4cyl

Exactly, if I have money tomorrow to own more than 2 cars, atlleast 2/3 will be V6. The driveability is so sweet.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hoyinmide(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
My Acura Vsa light keeps coming on

What can i do?

Acura TL 09.

Is driving it like that bad?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Good afternoon,

Please i noticed that the temperature of my car rises after a while when am using the AC. The hot temperature sensor just starts blinking. But once I put of the AC the light goes of and all is normal.

There is water in the radiator and all of the fans are are working appropriately cos my rewire just changed the fans.

Please can any how tell me what could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Adosquard: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
Please I want to buy a car but I'm contemplating between Toyota Camry muscle and Honda Accord 2008-2012. I'm looking for durability and low maintenance cost. I need your advice please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DanIduh06: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
tobisunday:
Honda Accord 07 for sale. I just bought it March this year. Drop your offers.

call or Whatsapp 08122812996

For more pictures and better negotiations

What are the problems?

I might find you a buyer.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RuneKingThor: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
temi4fash:
Good afternoon,

Please i noticed that the temperature of my car rises after a while when am using the AC. The hot temperature sensor just starts blinking. But once I put of the AC the light goes of and all is normal.

There is water in the radiator and all of the fans are are working appropriately cos my rewire just changed the fans.

Please can any how tell me what could be wrong?
There is water in the radiator?
What type of car is it first?

And also when your rewire changed your fan, did he run it direct? And also check and make sure it's the correct type of fan he used.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PresEmeka: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
Adosquard:
Please I want to buy a car but I'm contemplating between Toyota Camry muscle and Honda Accord 2008-2012. I'm looking for durability and low maintenance cost. I need your advice please

co ask
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2022
DanIduh06:

What are the problems?

I might find you a buyer.

The only problem is you'll have to work on the front and back bumper as na the car I use learn. You can chat me up for more pictures and smooth discussion
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PresEmeka: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2022
Jamie1000:

there are hardly any v6 accord on jiji for sale
and the ones available are offered at ridiculously high prices
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2022
RuneKingThor:

There is water in the radiator?
What type of car is it first?

And also when your rewire changed your fan, did he run it direct? And also check and make sure it's the correct type of fan he used.

Regular Water... Is what I have in my radiator.

He didn't run it directly, re just replaced waht was there. He said he changed the Engine of the fan but retained the blades.

The car is Honda city 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
PresEmeka:

there are hardly any v6 accord on jiji for sale
and the ones available are offered at ridiculously high prices

If you go to car stand, you will find.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RuneKingThor: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
Jamie1000:

If you go to car stand, you will find.
More than enough sef.
Even that jiji he is saying, there's a lot there.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RuneKingThor: 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
temi4fash:

He didn't run it directly, re just replaced waht was there. He said he changed the Engine of the fan but retained the blades.

Water inside radiator as per na diesel generator you dey use. Nigerians no dey ever amaze me grin grin

Anyway, my advice will be to change to recommended coolant, check if the fan is working at normal speed and check if thermostat is bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PresEmeka: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2022
RuneKingThor:

More than enough sef.
Even that jiji he is saying, there's a lot there.

"and the ones available are offered at ridiculously high prices
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Asquare84(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
i just like the way guys that have good knowledge about v4 vs v6 is breaking it down here. with this knowledge i will surely buy v6. how much is even the difference in fueling. but our local mechanics will make it look as if v6 is a very complicated car that give a lot of problem and keep advising intended people that want to buy a car to never buy v6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
hoyinmide:
My Acura Vsa light keeps coming on

What can i do?

Acura TL 09.

Is driving it like that bad?

It’s not bad until you’re on high speed on a wet road and another useless driver tries to dodge porthole in front of you thereby swerving into your lane.

Any quick maneuvering of your steering wheel will likely send you directly to either heaven or hell depending on how your life is being lived.

Get your vehicle scanned to know the exact module that’s triggering the VsA light.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hoyinmide(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
Good afternoon
Please I am having an issue with my Acura TL
The vsa check light keeps coming on!!!

Is it safe to drive that way and what may be the cause??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
temi4fash:

If your fans are good then you need to check your radiator for blocked/rusted water passages (due to using water for a long time) or if you have a thermostat in the vehicle maybe it’s getting weaker and needs to be changed.

1. Take out your radiator for a flush and then use the recommended coolant instead of water

2. Change your thermostat

But if you’ve been running your fans directly and without thermostat then I’d say the fans are not the right type (low rpm), your water pump is on its last legs or you have a head gasket issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hoyinmide(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2022
Conner44:

It’s not bad until you’re on high speed on a wet road and another useless driver tries to dodge porthole in front of you thereby swerving into your lane.

Any quick maneuvering of your steering wheel will likely send you directly to either heaven or hell depending on how your life is being lived.

Get your vehicle scanned to know the exact module that’s triggering the VsA light.

Kilowade. Thanks anyways
Will do just that!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2022
RuneKingThor:

Water inside radiator as per na diesel generator you dey use. Nigerians no dey ever amaze me grin grin

Anyway, my advice will be to change to recommended coolant, check if the fan is working at normal speed and check if thermostat is bad.

Looool.. My oga oo..

I would do as advised..

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PresEmeka: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
please how much is 2008 honda accord 2.0 engine ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (436) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: kelvinmnet(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.