Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,806 members, 7,905,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:56 PM

The Great Songhai Empire - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Songhai Empire (51742 Views)

Auwa The Daughter Of Askiya The Great Of Songhai Empire Married The Sarki Of Ka / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture / History Of The Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cameroonian police is +10000 come on it's not everybody or all the police who treat your friends bad..maybe they were are the wrong place and met the wrong guys...you shouldn't generalize by saying nigerian are treated bad someone can read it and think it's true and start treating Cameroonian bad ...come on i know they told you better stories about Cameroon

it does not mean cameroon is completely bad. ya all are taking things too personal

The Nigerian government is currently engaging the government of Ghana on the issue of a $300,000 fee demanded as capital base for Nigerian people wishing to do business in Ghana. that does not mean we think Ghanaians are all bad
there's nothing wrong criticizing something we Nigerians don't like

Nigerians are outspoken. .who will always speak out

I have nothing against cameroon. I love your football team and yea great music.
I just don't like how they handled the bakassi issue
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

that because Paul Biya have made it a way that only him can rule. he disorganizes other presidential candidates
lIBYA, EGYPT these were peaceful countries years ago but look at them now

Gabonese people are fighting against Bongo's family and dictatorship. Gabon might be a peaceful country but many of them are still poor

Iz it peace we Africans are going 2 eat

not fighting against paul biya and Cameroonian's corrupt government in the name of peace is a JOKE! thats why Africans can never move forward
many cameroonians lack jobs and many don't have access to health care and your here talking abt peace

the peace in cameroon is only for the rich and paul biya's government!
Peace means more about social cohabitation than managing....Nigeria is a federation and not a "dictatorship" as you said but you and I know what's happening out there. Plus, dictator is not a bad thing especially for Africans, look at Rawlings in Ghana and look Ghana right now you'll get everything! Your vision of policy is biaised by those of the westerners, we're African and our political and social realities ARE COMPLETELY different and have been messed by these Westerners, so whatever you call Biya, Cameroon is still a very peaceful country with about 300 tribes who live together, fact.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

that because Paul Biya have made it a way that only him can rule. he disorganizes other presidential candidates
lIBYA, EGYPT these were peaceful countries years ago but look at them now

Gabonese people are fighting against Bongo's family and dictatorship. Gabon might be a peaceful country but many of them are still poor

Iz it peace we Africans are going 2 eat

not fighting against paul biya and Cameroonian's corrupt government in the name of peace is a JOKE! thats why Africans can never move forward
many cameroonians lack jobs and many don't have access to health care and your here talking abt peace

the peace in cameroon is only for the rich and paul biya's government!
i'm not talking about peace here ..m talking about lack of opposition.....no charismatic leader ..all are fake
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
Peace means more about social cohabitation than managing....Nigeria is a federation and not a "dictatorship" as you said but you and I know what's happening out there. Plus, dictator is not a bad thing especially for Africans, look at Rawlings in Ghana and look Ghana right now you'll get everything! Your vision of policy is biaised by those of the westerners, we're African and our political and social realities ARE COMPLETELY different and have been messed by these Westerners, so whatever you call Biya, Cameroon is still a very peaceful country with about 300 tribes who live together, fact.
ETHNICITY NOT "tribes" please
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ETHNICITY NOT "tribes" please
lol you got what I mean that's the most important
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:

pls don't ever compare rawlings 2 that clown paul biya grin. .rawlings chased away all the corrupt officials in Ghana. Yet paul biya is still riding with his corrupt officials and going to france to enjoy with his drag queen wife

fighting again paul biya does not mean your country is going to turn to a war zone. Cameroon is a very poor country where many cameroonians are running 2 france grin looking for jobs

Africans gained independence years ago yet still, dictators are the best ways @ the moment to change the country. we are supposed 2 be moving forward like ghana. who have forgotten abt dictatorship @ 2012.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
lol you got what I mean that's the most important
no i don't understand...tribe is pejorative and insulting ......
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

pls don't ever compare rawlings 2 that clown paul biya grin. .rawlings chased away all the corrupt officials in Ghana. Yet paul biya is still riding with his corrupt officials and going to france to enjoy with his drag queen wife

fighting again paul biya does not mean your country is going to turn to a war zone. Cameroon is a very poor country where many cameroonians are running 2 france grin looking for jobs

Africans gained independence years ago yet still, dictators are the best ways @ the moment to change the country. we are supposed 2 be moving forward like ghana. who have forgotten abt dictatorship @ 2012.
so true so true.......don't worry i will fix it soon....i'm a future politician
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

I don't compare them I argue about your statement about dicatatorship...I don't like Biya for personal reasons but please you have many President in West Africa who are more than worst. I truly prefer Biya to any Ouattara or Wade or even Goodluck who have completely failed in this Ivoirian case, sorry but again you're searching some excuses to put some on TOP compared to others while they're the same! and some are worst. Facts are there: Biya is not the BEST AFRICAN PRESIDENT but Cameroon remains a great and peaceful country.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
I don't compare them I argue about your statement about dicatatorship...I don't like Biya for personal reasons but please you have many President in West Africa who are more than worst. I truly prefer Biya to any Ouattara or Wade or even Goodluck who have completely failed in this Ivoirian case, sorry but again you're searching some excuses to put some on TOP compared to others while they're the same! and some are worst. Facts are there: Biya is not the BEST AFRICAN PRESIDENT but Cameroon remains a great and peaceful country.
this is what i don't like this topic it makes us do some indecent comparison lol all are worst and bad for our countries ....Biya is not the one who puts peace or maintains peace in Cameroon. cameroonian are enough mature....Biya must go it's a fact ...now we have to find someone not much rotten and trust me it's not that easy.. so nayah do not compare worst president there is no value or pride to be the richer among the poorest
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

not peaceful when a dictator is ruling the country, fake peace!
THE WORST DEMOCRACY IS BETTER THAN DICTATORSHIP!
example of peaceful countries is Ghana, botswana, tanzania. .countries that the citizens are able to vote at least for there leaders . .these are the true examples of peaceful countries in Africa

criticizing cameroon does not mean your country is crap. check the several Ghanaians threads made by Nigerians abt Ghanaian trade policies
that's not true
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: this is what i don't like this topic it makes us do some indecent comparison lol all are worst and bad for our countries ....Biya is not the one who puts peace or maintains peace in Cameroon. cameroonian are enough mature....Biya must go it's a fact ...now we have to find someone not much rotten and trust me it's not that easy.. so nayah do not compare worst president there is no value or pride to be the richer among the poorest

I agree Biya is NOT the reason why we're peaceful, but sorry we need to be objective he contributes to that, just check how he shares the power and you'll understand. I don't compare anybody I don't like it but let's face the truth and objectivity. None African country is better than its counterparts and this is typically African, useless comparison. Africa is facing the same problem
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
TerryCarr: that's not true
exactly.....it's better than their Ethnic rotation system
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
Seconded! Democracy is a Western invention nothing to do with African realities and this imposed democracy lead to many troubles, trust me
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:

I agree Biya is NOT the reason why we're peaceful, but sorry we need to be objective he contributes to that, just check how he shares the power and you'll understand. I don't compare anybody I don't like it but let's face the truth and objectivity. None African country is better than its counterparts and this is typically African, useless comparison. Africa is facing the same problem
he shares what? smh where are we with the decentralization? abeg....Biya divide to maintain his reign that's all and the opposition prefers eating than fighting
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2012

coming from an American grin irony grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

coming from an American grin irony grin
a lot of CIA spies angry on this forum lmao
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: exactly.....it's better than their Ethnic rotation system
yeah look what Meles Zenawi did too Ethiopia it is a "Ethnic Federation" with a lot of tribalism and i heard Meles Zenawi is very ill so if he dies Ethiopia will might end up like Yugoslavia.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:

fake peace. .poor cameroonians faced with a corrupt, wicked government in the name of peace
Ivory coast, senegal are all french puppets. all the french puppet family. no difference, ouattara was put there by the french

a great country but not peaceful. the peace is only enjoyed by the govt and few rich. .while the rest wallow in poverty
theres nothing 2 be proud of when many Cameroonians are suffering in a potentially rich country the case for Nigeria too

the only pple that can be arrogant in west and central Africa like smoothcrim grin are the Ghanaians
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: he shares what? smh where are we with the decentralization? abeg....Biya divide to maintain his reign that's all and the opposition prefers eating than fighting
Re read my statement African countries facing the same problems: Corruption ( ask Somalia), bad governance, bad wealth spreading
Biya maintains this peaceful atmosphere, why do you think every single ethnic group in Cameroon is in power. Being disagree with a governance regime doesn't mean hidding or not taking some things in count
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
TerryCarr: yeah look what Meles Zenawi did too Ethiopia it is a "Ethnic Federation" with a lot of tribalism and i heard Meles Zenawi is very ill so if he dies Ethiopia will might end up like Yugoslavia.

Ethiopia is still very crap with him tho cheesy
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

fake peace. .poor cameroonians faced with a corrupt, wicked government in the name of peace
Ivory coast, senegal are all french puppets. all the french puppet family. no difference, ouattara was put there by the french

a great country but not peaceful. the peace is only enjoyed by the govt and few rich. .while the rest wallow in poverty
theres nothing 2 be proud of when many Cameroonians are suffering in a potentially rich country the case for Nigeria too

the only pple that can be arrogant in west and central Africa like smoothcrim grin are the Ghanaians

Fake peace for many years, you can't call it fake then sister grin anyway, poster will kill me I'm out, but try to be objective sometimes in your statements some are relevant but some points reveal you don't know very well some part of African History without listening to clichés
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
Re read my statement African countries facing the same problems: Corruption ( ask Somalia), bad governance, bad wealth spreading
Biya maintains this peaceful atmosphere, why do you think every single ethnic group in Cameroon is in power. Being disagree with a governance regime doesn't mean hidding or not taking some things in count
what do you mean by every single Ethnic group is in power? we got 300Ethnic group are they all in power ...what is the definition of power...furthermore i'm not an Ethnocentric so i don't care about which Ethnic group manage the country...Biya failed(too slow) to establish a good decentralization some Cameroonians have to still come in Yaounde Douala to have some papers and that's a shame .....the power is too centralized on Biya and Yaounde ..i was not talking about an Ethnic group i don't want Cameroon to become like Nigerian with ethnic rotation
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

Ethiopia is still very crap with him tho cheesy

welcome to Africa
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:

Fake peace for many years, you can't call it fake then sister grin anyway, poster will kill me I'm out, but try to be objective sometimes in your statements some are relevant but some points reveal you don't know very well some part of African History without listening to clichés

just like libya, egypt fake peace for many years. .goodluck waiting for him 2 die as cameroonpride says. he has kept it peaceful for the rich and his drag queen wife

are u sure you guys have german mentality? more like french puppets
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

just like libya, egypt fake peace for many years. .goodluck waiting for him 2 die as cameroonpride says. he has kept it peaceful for the rich and his drag queen wife

are u sure you guys have german mentality? more like french puppets
we have African mentality like someone said here stop giving us the mentality of those invaders.....come on ..i do not claim german something or french something both invaded my lands my Ethnicity was great and known by everybody we assimilated the entire region(Central Africa and west Africa and South Africa)..we rocked ..now we are divided
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: what do you mean by every single Ethnic group is in power? we got 300Ethnic group are they all in power ...what is the definition of power...furthermore i'm not an Ethnocentric so i don't care about which Ethnic group manage the country...Biya failed(too slow) to establish a good decentralization some Cameroonians have to still come in Yaounde Douala to have some papers and that's a shame .....the power is too centralized on Biya and Yaounde ..i was not talking about an Ethnic group i don't want Cameroon to become like Nigerian with ethnic rotation
LMAO! I don't want to but to maintain a peaceful country with about 300 ethnic groups you have to do some sacrifices, it"s not easy you know! as for me Biya has completely failed in terms of domestic affairs ( laxism, corruption...) but objectively he has contributed to social coordination.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
I would rather have elections in which a new leader is elected every four years (eight year max for relections) than have one person rule me for life. At least you stand a better chance at electing a good leader and someone with new ideas than have some grandfather with old ideas rule you since 1982, as in Cameroon, or since 1969, as in Libya.

Ghana has shown us the way. If Ghanaians and botswana can do it why cant we Nigerians be like them
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: we have African mentality like someone said here stop giving us the mentality of those invaders.....come on ..i do not claim german something or french something both invaded my lands my Ethnicity was great and known by everybody we assimilated the entire region(Central Africa and west Africa and South Africa)..we rocked ..now we are divided
Then we'll see further Cameroon future but "fake or not" is one of the most stable country this is just what I'm saying, don't try to give any explanation to that I'm talking about fact not speculations sister.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila: I would rather have elections in which a new leader is elected every four years (eight year max for relections) than have one person rule me for life. At least you stand a better chance at electing a good leader and someone with new ideas than have some grandfather with old ideas rule you since 1982, as in Cameroon, or since 1969, as in Libya.

Ghana has shown us the way. If Ghanaians and botswana can do it while cant we Nigerians be like them
TRUE TRUE TRUE....you are right ......Cameroon actually sucks too afraid ....we just hope that he will die soon
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: we have African mentality like someone said here stop giving us the mentality of those invaders.....come on ..i do not claim german something or french something both invaded my lands my Ethnicity was great and known by everybody we assimilated the entire region(Central Africa and west Africa and South Africa)..we rocked ..now we are divided

many cameroonians always brag about how peaceful and great their country iz when many cameroonians are running away from the so called peaceful country

I love Nigeria but still admit is crap cheesy what is there to be proud with all our oil wealth when many Nigerians are walking thru the desert to go to libya or egypt just to escape to europe

nothing to be proud off
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

many cameroonians always brag about how peaceful and great their country iz when many cameroonians are running away from the so called peaceful country

I love Nigeria but still admit is crap cheesy what is there to be proud with all our oil wealth when many Nigerians are walking thru the desert to go to libya or egypt just to escape to europe

nothing to be proud off
TRUE TRUE AGAin TRUE...those(all you said) are facts ..and like i said, actually Cameroon suck but i have to say that ran away won't fix our problems...and most of them are useless people ,jobless ..ect .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? / Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / Oluwo Under Fire For Exposing Head In Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.