Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (105595 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2014
That guy with the BMW 135i sure has a bigger balls o, well euro cars are just out of this world.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
that is a new BMW with complete HP
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Jacksolo4me: First of all...This thread would probably be the reason why my third daughter may not be born..... grin

Secondly....If your car is stock (not modified performance n suspension wise) and not European - Please stay below 180kph.(Yes!!!-Argue all you want)

Thirdly....Since my balls are probably smaller than my German shepherd's.

P.S: pic is not mine but of someones whose balls are bigger than my German shepherd's. -Bmw 135i(I hope I can do it someday)

Piece of cake. My 2008 Honda Accord is stock and definitely not European. Oh I forgot, its even I4 not V6. I know German cars are great, but u people underrate Japanese cars too much here on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by skj1377(m): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Sometime in April on my way to Bauchi from Lagos after about 10 hours of driving carefully in my Mercedes Benz s430 2003 model at 1.00am (mid night) I finally entered a race with two cars . One a Lexus G350 I think 2010 model and a Honda v6 can’t say which year but was above 2008 they all have same shape I think.
First before I started travelling with my s class Benz I had removed the electronically limited 210km/h setting that came with the car to euro 255km/h with a friends star c3 scanner. My former fastest speed was with my 1998 Volvo s80 was 205km/h for under two minutes .
All along the trip with two of my friends , I was driving at 140km/h. the car was so stable almost like we were not moving at all. Both my friends started complaining that I was driving too slowly and that if I was driving his car; Camry 08 I will be at 160km/h. Though I agreed but I assured him that soon he will be complaining that am moving to fast when I get to a good dual carriage way.
At 10.00pm I dropped one of my friends off at airport junction along Abuja Kaduna road, he missed all the action, then stopped for a plate of road side Indomine and fuel for the car at about 10.35pm we were done.
After the last checkpoint at the exit of Abuja on Abuja Kaduna road my Benz was between 200km/h and 217km/h for about 75km this is not the race but a worm up to it. This was just solo over speeding , at this speed the Benz was sounding with a low pitch like I was driving within town. No drama no vibration. Just quite and stable. At 217km/h it was like anything you see is reversing towards you ferociously and the white markings on the road are a beauty to behold . I forgot to add my friend was screaming he would sell his Camry and buy a Benz and that he did not know Benz is like this and that I should please slow down please. Rest of story some other time
Siena:

You "outran" a 2 tonne pick-up truck in a Mercedes-Benz Sedan, and felt a sense of achievement? Now where's the sense in that? A truck is not meant to be a solid performer on tarmac.

It's like a sport bike rider feeling proud of outrunning a Kia Picanto. Go look for a Honda Accord 2.3 V-TEC, then I MIGHT just give you the respect you crave, despite the fact the Honda will most likely chew your Mercedes up, and spit out the tyres.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
skj1377: Sometime in April on my way to Bauchi from Lagos after about 10 hours of driving carefully in my Mercedes Benz s430 2003 model at 1.00am (mid night) I finally entered a race with two cars . One a Lexus G350 I think 2010 model and a Honda v6 can’t say which year but was above 2008 they all have same shape I think.
First before I started travelling with my s class Benz I had removed the electronically limited 210km/h setting that came with the car to euro 255km/h with a friends star c3 scanner. My former fastest speed was with my 1998 Volvo s80 was 205km/h for under two minutes .
All along the trip with two of my friends , I was driving at 140km/h. the car was so stable almost like we were not moving at all. Both my friends started complaining that I was driving too slowly and that if I was driving his car; Camry 08 I will be at 160km/h. Though I agreed but I assured him that soon he will be complaining that am moving to fast when I get to a good dual carriage way.
At 10.00pm I dropped one of my friends off at airport junction along Abuja Kaduna road, he missed all the action, then stopped for a plate of road side Indomine and fuel for the car at about 10.35pm we were done.
After the last checkpoint at the exit of Abuja on Abuja Kaduna road my Benz was between 200km/h and 217km/h for about 75km this is not the race but a worm up to it. This was just solo over speeding , at this speed the Benz was sounding with a low pitch like I was driving within town. No drama no vibration. Just quite and stable. At 217km/h it was like anything you see is reversing towards you ferociously and the white markings on the road are a beauty to behold . I forgot to add my friend was screaming he would sell his Camry and buy a Benz and that he did not know Benz is like this and that I should please slow down please. Rest of story some other time
so who won the race?...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpj35kybG_I
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
greenhulk:

Piece of cake. My 2008 Honda Accord is stock and definitely not European. Oh I forgot, its even I4 not V6. I know German cars are great, but u people underrate Japanese cars too much here on Nairaland.
I dont have the balls to look at my speedometer when i start driving over 140km/hr...but i think the fastest i have done on the 3MB to Anthony axis in my Honda accord....verified with a gps app was about 155km/hr...which is not so wise intercity...but out of the city maybe more, but i won't risk snapping it just to come and show off on nairaland
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
i agree the german cars have a good rep with car appreciation( speed, stability, blablabla)...we cheap asian consumers just beef you guys...give me some money and watch me sell out to a Mach/ AMG. I love the way my brother's altima revs like a raging gorilla in mating season when i slam on the accelerator pedal for max acceleration though + its cheaper

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by omodapson(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Jacksolo4me: First of all...This thread would probably be the reason why my third daughter may not be born..... grin

Secondly....If your car is stock (not modified performance n suspension wise) and not European - Please stay below 180kph.(Yes!!!-Argue all you want)

Thirdly....Since my balls are probably smaller than my German shepherd's.

P.S: pic is not mine but of someones whose balls are bigger than my German shepherd's. -Bmw 135i(I hope I can do it someday)

Wow! was that achieved on a public road? Guys are dare devils
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
I did 160kmph with 2003 honda during 2007 lag-ibadan but becos d road is bad, reduced it 2 110kmph.

However, I tried benz 320 2005 model on ogbomosho - Ilorin xpressroad wen I tuk it frm my dad. I was on 120kmph wen 2 crazy cars(Infiniti and camry) overtuk me like am crawling. I adjusted my chair... Ghen gheun.. Increase d speed 2 160kmph. 2 my surpise + was able 2 catch the 2 crazy cars which I peeped briefly @ their speedometer almost readin 200kmph. Nah dat day nai I knw say german cars no be japanese mate. I increased it 2 170kmph, i leave them make dem dey fight on who gets 2 ilorin. Arriving @ ilorin wen I slowed down, d drivers of d 2 cars luk @ me and smile*

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
wristwatch: I did 160kmph with 2003 honda during 2007 lag-ibadan but becos d road is bad, reduced it 2 110kmph.

However, I tried benz 320 2005 model on ogbomosho - Ilorin xpressroad wen I tuk it frm my dad. I was on 120kmph wen 2 crazy cars(Infiniti and camry) overtuk me like am crawling. I adjusted my chair... Ghen gheun.. Increase d speed 2 160kmph. 2 my surpise + was able 2 catch the 2 crazy cars which I peeped briefly @ their speedometer almost readin 200kmph. Nah dat day nai I knw say german cars no be japanese mate. I increased it 2 170kmph, i leave them make dem dey fight on who gets 2 ilorin. Arriving @ ilorin wen I slowed down, d drivers of d 2 cars luk @ me and smile*
Its a good feeling to know that im not the only one who has been in the Benz state of mind.
more testimonies....................
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
wristwatch: I was on 120kmph wen 2 crazy cars(Infiniti and camry) overtuk me like am crawling. I adjusted my chair... Ghen gheun.. Increase d speed 2 160kmph. 2 my surpise + was able 2 catch the 2 crazy cars which I peeped briefly @ their speedometer almost readin 200kmph.

I find this hard to believe.

You overtook a couple of cars, you were doing speeds in excess of 160 km/h. Yet you were able to "peep" at their speedo's, and confirm they were doing speeds in excess of 190 km/h.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your cars were all LHD, this means the speedo's of the cars you overtook were furthest from you, the driver of a LHD car. The speedo's of the cars you overtook would be easier to view by a passenger in YOUR car, but still at close to 200 km/h, pretty hard to read.

If you were truly able to read the speedo's of the cars you were overtaking, at the speed you claim to have been doing, then you probably have a death wish.

Or you didn't see the speedo's of these cars, and you're telling a bare faced lie.

5 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by BasseyJ(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mine's about 180KM/h with a Honda Pilot thought it wasnt on a highway. Dropped someone off and was rushing home, slowed down when I reached the high way. Its not much sha, but I still be amateur grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Siena:

You overtook a couple of cars, you were doing speeds in excess of 160 km/h. Yet you were able to "peep" at their speedo's, and confirm they were doing speeds in excess of 190 km/h.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your cars were all LHD, this means the speedo's of the cars you overtook were furthest from you, the driver of a LHD car. The speedo's of the cars you overtook would be easier to view by a passenger in YOUR car, but still at close to 200 km/h, pretty hard to read.

If you were truly able to read the speedo's of the cars you were overtaking, at the speed you claim to have been doing, then you probably have a death wish.

Or you didn't see the speedo's of these cars, and you're telling a bare faced lie.
Talking about LHDs, i have been able to sneak one or two peeks at peoples speedometers both while overtaking at a high speed and at a low speed and and also while parked, so yes its possible.
now, from what watch said, they were all moving fast so its slightly possible to sneak a very fast peek at ones speedometer while overtaking, all you need is just to know what direction the pin is pointing at , then u can use ur head to guess the rest.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Siena:

lol, sounds ridiculous,
1. How on earth could he had seen the
other's Speedo and
2. +40km/h difference?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jaz(m): 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
i did something really crazy bout 2-3 weeks ago when travelling to abeokuta from lagos. drivin my 08 outlander, i was on my steady 140-150kph when the jeep in front of me moved to the side to allow me pass. Lo and behold it was one of those wide but smooth road bumps i saw, the ones specially made by FRSC. i tried to slam the brakes but was to no avail cos i was so close, ol boi next thin i simply sped over the bump and was literally in the air for a few seconds before the car landed. im sure the ppl with their cars slowly goin over the bump would never had seen a James Bond acted right before their eyes. and to my deepest satisfaction, the jeep landed with no hassles, and i simply drove off. i hail my ride. ever since then i called it "The Jump" im sure if it was a sedan, the front of the car would probably have landed hitting the ground.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
wristwatch: Ghen gheun.. Increase d speed 2 160kmph. 2 my surpise + was able 2 catch the 2 crazy cars which I peeped briefly @ their speedometer almost readin 200kmph. Nah dat day nai I knw say german cars no be japanese mate. I increased it 2 170kmph, i leave them make dem dey fight on who gets 2 ilorin. Arriving @ ilorin wen I slowed down, d drivers of d 2 cars luk @ me and smile*

This is a BIG FAT LIE. Again there goes the old myth that some people still believe that a Benz doing 100km/hr is equivalent to a Japanese car doing 160km/hr.

Speed is the same no matter what u drive. If I drive a keke napep and able to do 160km/hr, I will be on the same speed as u in ur Benz at 160km/hr. Let's say I got to 160km/hr before u, then u will NEVER catch me if u are doing the same speed I am doing. Let's assume u accelerated fast and got to the same level as me and then maintained that speed, then we will both be at the same level, u can't overtake me no matter what u drive. An airplane doing 160km/hr will not overtake a 1980 Toyota corolla also doing 160km/hr.

So guy abeg there are no kids here on nairaland. Maybe ur car is calibrated in mph while ur opponents are in km/hr. Then at 160 u are actually doing 257km/hr which is very difficult to do on a Nigerian road.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2014

i did something really crazy bout 2-3
weeks ago when travelling to abeokuta
from lagos. drivin my 08 outlander, i
was on my steady 140-150kph when
the jeep in front of me moved to the
side to allow me pass. Lo and behold it
was one of those wide but smooth road
bumps i saw, the ones specially made
by FRSC. i tried to slam the brakes but
was to no avail cos i was so close, ol boi
next thin i simply sped over the bump
and was literally in the air for a few
seconds before the car landed. im sure
the ppl with their cars slowly goin over
the bump would never had seen a
James Bond acted right before their
eyes. and to my deepest satisfaction,
the jeep landed with no hassles, and i
simply drove off. i hail my ride. ever
since then i called it "The Jump" im sure
if it was a sedan, the front of the car
would probably have landed hitting the
ground.
na God save you. that thing that can easily flip over from any mistake. I saw one hung on road demarcation in ore last week for trying to Dodge a small pole hole. just thank your God. if I can do 180kph with my old passat, how come newer cars with more hp are finding it difficult to do more?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
abatically:

This is a BIG FAT LIE. Again there goes the old myth that some people still believe that a Benz doing 100km/hr is equivalent to a Japanese car doing 160km/hr.

Speed is the same no matter what u drive. If I drive a keke napep and able to do 160km/hr, I will be on the same speed as u in ur Benz at 160km/hr. Let's say I got to 160km/hr before u, then u will NEVER catch me if u are doing the same speed I am doing. Let's assume u accelerated fast and got to the same level as me and then maintained that speed, then we will both be at the same level, u can't overtake me no matter what u drive. An airplane doing 160km/hr will not overtake a 1980 Toyota corolla also doing 160km/hr.

So guy abeg there are no kids here on nairaland. Maybe ur car is calibrated in mph while ur opponents are in km/hr. Then at 160 u are actually doing 257km/hr which is very difficult to do on a Nigerian road.
simple physics...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
JUO: na God save you. that thing that can easily flip over from any mistake. I saw one hung on road demarcation in ore last week for trying to Dodge a small pole hole. just thank your God. if I can do 180kph with my old passat, how come newer cars with more hp are finding it difficult to do more?
highest speed I've ever managed was about 205km/h, BMW 320i, inline 6,1993 MY.
in my Mercedes was 180km/h,though I didn't have the time to open it up, 2.2l 4cyl.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
wristwatch: I adjusted my chair... Ghen gheun.. Increase d speed 2 160kmph. 2 my surpise + was able 2 catch the 2 crazy cars which I peeped briefly @ their speedometer almost readin 200kmph. Arriving @ ilorin wen I slowed down, d drivers of d 2 cars luk @ me and smile*
lol...when we were younger, we had this cousin Tope who used to tell us he threw a fire cracker. aka banger into a goat's anus, and we believed...
...but believing this is just ridiculous...maybe you were day dreaming...how can you even look at another car's speedo on nigerian windy roads!!!
Anyway...since we are in the spirit of telling fables...My Uncle and i were the ones driving the Infiniti and Camry. we were just test driving the cars, and the time you caught up with us was when we were doing some land survey....we were actually doing 70km/hr, and wondered why you were so excited to have caught up when we were slowing down...anyway...people always like feeling themselves, so we smiled at you at Ilorin...and my uncle's speedometer isn't working

4 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmyguy: lol...when we were younger, we had this cousin Tope who used to tell us he threw a fire cracker. aka banger into a goat's anus, and we believed...
...but believing this is just ridiculous...maybe you were day dreaming...how can you even look at another car's speedo on nigerian windy roads!!!
Anyway...since we are in the spirit of telling fables...My Uncle and i were the ones driving the Infiniti and Camry. we were just test driving the cars, and the time you caught up with us was when we were doing some land survey....we were actually doing 70km/hr, and wondered why you were so excited to have caught up when we were slowing down...anyway...people always like feeling themselves, so we smiled at you at Ilorin...and my uncle's speedometer isn't working

ROFLMAO this made my weekend.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmyguy: lol...when we were younger, we had this cousin Tope who used to tell us he threw a fire cracker. aka banger into a goat's anus, and we believed...
cheesy grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 10, 2014
Omo see yawa.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 10, 2014
The highest I ever went was 120 km/hr in a Hyundai Getz on mile 2/Apappa to airport road when suddenly I hit a bump in the road and two wheels were in d air. When d car balanced back on d road I jejely slowed down 2 60km/hr. Na God save me that day. Since that day the highest I don on interstate roads is 80km/hr. It got so bad dat my friends started calling me Responsible Family man. Abeg I love my life & I neva born children.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 10, 2014
The highest I ever went was 120 km/hr in a Hyundai Getz on mile 2/Apappa to airport road when suddenly I hit a bump in the road and two wheels were in d air. When d car balanced back on d road I jejely slowed down 2 60km/hr. Na God save me that day. Since that day the highest I don on interstate roads is 80km/hr. It got so bad dat my friends started calling me Responsible Family man. Abeg 6 feet is a long way down & I neva born children.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 10, 2014
Highest I've gone is 160km/h.
In my golf 4 manual (2.0L 4 cylinder engine)
On 3rd mainland bridge, Lagos, around 3pm (going to the island)

Was very stable. No shaking or vibration, I love German engineering, last time I took a civic 2008 to 120 km/h the thing just dey shiver and tremble smfh angry
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 10, 2014
elbedso: Highest I've gone is 160km/h.
In my golf 4 manual (2.0L 4 cylinder engine)
On 3rd mainland bridge, Lagos, around 3pm (going to the island)

Was very stable. No shaking or vibration, I love German engineering, last time I took a civic 2008 to 120 km/h the thing just dey shiver and tremble smfh angry

Coming from a lady you just rocked my world.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2014
was travelling wif my uncle in his porshe panamera S.... From lagos to anambra state.....we reached 218km/hr around dat edo side.....left lag by 5:55am and got to onitsha bridge by 10:35am. It was on a regular sunday sha....few cars.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
The handling on japanese vehicles is just as portrayed in video games...very light and fluid...flexible...kinda has its own like that
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
gmyguy: The handling on japanese vehicles is just as portrayed in video games...very light and fluid...flexible...kinda has its own like that
on the gt4, the Honda NSX will kill off most of the German cars...it handles a bit better that the 2003 BMW m3. The handling of the supra is crap...too much of wheel spin.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
yungboss:
on the gt4, the Honda NSX will kill off most of the German cars...it handles a bit better that the 2003 BMW m3. The handling of the supra is crap...too much of wheel spin.

Alrite In as much as I said that Euro cars are better--- built in terms of the technicality n refinement the engineers put in there vehicles compare to the mass produced consumer demand concept of the Japanese cars doesn't mean that if the Japanese put their minds to it...cars like the M3, Audi Rs5, Mercedes c63 AMG wouldn't be back view mirror poster

Here:
The Lexus LFA,
The Nissan GTR,
The Acura NSX

Point is they are just 3-atleast?....Now these.
The Koenisserg Agira
The BMW M6
The Audi S7 And RS7
The Zonda F
Ferrari F1, Berlinetta, Lamboghini Aventador, Mercedes SLR, SLS AMG Black,Porsche 911 turbo, GT, GT3 RS

Hyper cars,Super Cars all from Europe- 200+mph cars!!!,

How can the Japanese match up to these?

Now even in the previous years (90's) still with the Japanese Self Imposed 280hp restriction..Euro cars were already producing 400+HP cars that were street legal.

God willing the cash drops.its Euro all the way....

Even in the virtual world they(JDM's) still don't match up.. (I am an avid GT5 online racer tongue)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
abatically:

Omo do u even have the slightest idea of what ur saying?
Dont let the speedo on ur dash confuse you, look under the hood.
keke vs car embarassed
car vs Aeroplane that has no ground/frictional resistance shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (43) (Reply)

I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.