Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,668 members, 7,951,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (105593 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Emekayoung(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
The highest i can go is 120km/hr,i can never go beyond that just for safety reasons.
And where i normal run that kind of speed is on the third mainland bridge wit honda crosstour.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Big german car fan but no carry those cars u mention go near a nissan GTR for road if not it will overtake u twice grin
JUO: compare them with Audi rs6 or amg

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Gee2728: Big german car fan but no carry those cars u mention go near a nissan GTR for road if not it will overtake u twice grin

Any proof bro? Or just mere assumption? And please, don't mention Youtube.

As for the GTR, you're comparing a 2012 car with one that was first produced in 2002. I would use a current Audi model. The current Audi RS3 which is based upon a humble Audi A3 is quicker than the GTR, despite having less power. Audi have quoted 4.9 for the 0-62 mph dash, but so far, those figures are conservative. Because times of 3.9 - 4.2 seconds have been achieved by Topgear, Driven, 5th Gear and a whole bunch of motoring magazines.

Besides the Nissan GTR, Mitsubishi Evo, Older Supra there aren't any seriously quick Japmobiles, definitely none in the Superminin, medium to large family sedan range. Unlike Audi who produce seriously fast cars, from the smallest hatch to the full-size family sedan, then of course the Supercars - Audi R8, which I wouldn't class as slow.

Gosh - this thread has changed direction.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
JUO: 1.6l engine doing 200km/h i doubt your claim. post the picture of your dashboard. your speed limit should be 180km/h

He may be right, the 2011 Corolla comes with a "turbo-charger" (sth like that, I read in the manual cool ) The car can hit 2000km/h but IMO only when the engine is in good condition, thereafter you'll max at 150 - 160km/h
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
Excuse me Siena.. Rs3 quicker than a 2013 gtr that does 0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds? I find that hard to understand
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
On what planet does a corolla come with a turbo charger?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
I understand ur audi emotion, am not the one that brought up the rs6 to the talk. Mere assumption huh, we got t.v's in africa too so dnt make me fill like I have nothing else to do but type assumtions. Watch head 2 head of a 2014 GTR againts a 2014 R8, 0-60 is 2.7 againts 3.2 second.rs3 vs gtr hmmmm, is like taking a knife to a machine gun fight. Around the topgear track that gtr is faster than even an slr mclaren. That's y its a forum every1 has a view and if we dnt all agree with ur audi then the thread losses direction, and wats with the pls dnt mention youtube.
Siena:

As for the GTR, you're comparing a 2012 car with one that was first produced in 2002. I would use a current Audi model. The current Audi RS3 which is based upon a humble Audi A3 is quicker than the GTR, despite having less power. Audi have quoted 4.9 for the 0-62 mph dash, but so far, those figures are conservative. Because times of 3.9 - 4.2 seconds have been achieved by Topgear, Driven, 5th Gear and a whole bunch of motoring magazines.

Besides the Nissan GTR, Mitsubishi Evo, Older Supra there aren't any seriously quick Japmobiles, definitely none in the Superminin, medium to large family sedan range. Unlike Audi who produce seriously fast cars, from the smallest hatch to the full-size family sedan, then of course the Supercars - Audi R8, which I wouldn't class as slow.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Guy tnk u, I got a 150 gig hard drive of collected car videos, I'll have to watch all over again. That car that is faster than even a buggati veyron around the nurberring. Even me too find it hard to understand.
leuelliot: Excuse me Siena.. Rs3 quicker than a 2013 gtr that does 0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds? I find that hard to understand
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2013
n.oxide:

He may be right, the 2011 Corolla comes with a "turbo-charger" (sth like that, I read in the manual cool ) The car can hit 2000km/h but IMO only when the engine is in good condition, thereafter you'll max at 150 - 160km/h

The car can hit 2000km/h Na lockheedblack bird supersonic jet engine? shocked shocked Which world did Toyota started producing My 2011 corolla 1.8 turbo? Cos its not on Earth. **# Falls from Okro plant and faints#**. Not only corolla 1.8 turbo, na COWrolla 1.8 subcharger. Even when they installed d 'S' badge and sporty body kits its not a sports car, its a passenger car with poor sport driving dynamics infact, its a pseudo sports.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2013
Gee2728: Guy tnk u, I got a 150 gig hard drive of collected car videos, I'll have to watch all over again. That car that is faster than even a buggati veyron around the nurberring. Even me too find it hard to understand.
faster than a buggati? Haaaa. shocked undecided bros! bros!! Bros!!! This looks too good to be true, infact, go and read about buggati Veyron and 'that car' you talking about then you'd know what a buggatti is. Abeg bring proofs pls.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Its around a test track in germany, its not a str8 line or top speed.based on my knowledge the buggati is the fastest prouduction car @ 407km/h but u cnt be doing such speed around corners.
lomomike: faster than a buggati? Haaaa. shocked undecided bros! bros!! Bros!!! This looks too good to be true, infact, go and read about buggati Veyron and 'that car' you talking about then you'd know what a buggatti is. Abeg bring proofs pls.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
Guy na so u hate toyota reach. Honestly I will not want to be sitting in a 200km/h corolla that sounds extremlly dangerfull angry.
lomomike:

The car can hit 2000km/h Na lockheedblack bird supersonic jet engine? shocked shocked Which world did Toyota started producing My 2011 corolla 1.8 turbo? Cos its not on Earth. **# Falls from Okro plant and faints#**. Not only corolla 1.8 turbo, na COWrolla 1.8 subcharger. Even when they installed d 'S' badge and sporty body kits its not a sports car, its a passenger car with poor sport driving dynamics infact, its a pseudo sports.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by desgiezd(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
I did 170km/hr on my way to Ibadan in year 2000 along with a friend in a Honda Civic 1998/99 Model. Its surprising that the small car could still remain very stable and smooth at that speed. On our way back to Lagos, we didnt exceed 120km/hr.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
Siena:

NISSAN GTR is faster than any production BMW even the M5, look for any online to know what I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Guy u try, I watched a video were that GTR bulala my bloved M5 as if make I cry the only point the M5 got was for having 4 doors.
peterjero:
NISSAN GTR is faster than any production BMW even the M5, look for any online to know what I'm talking about.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
lomomike:

embarassed My oh my! that was a typo, I meant 200km/h. my bad angry
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
leuelliot: On what planet does a corolla come with a turbo charger?

not sure but it's sth like "turbo-charger" that was on the manual. The book isn't with me now. . . I'll even scan the page
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
n.oxide:
not sure but it's sth like "turbo-charger" that was on the manual. The book isn't with me now. . . I'll even scan the page

There's no turbo model, at least not with a petrol engine. A diesel, more likely.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by georgikpons: 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
I did 140km/hr from benin to warri on my 1996 Golf 3 1.8L and took me less dan 50mins to get to warri
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2013
I did 140km/hr from benin to warri on my 1996 Golf 3 1.8L and took me less dan 50mins to get to warri
DID MINE IN 35MINS WITH 1993 PASSAT GT 2.0L AT 180KM/HR ALTHOUGH IT WAS VERY RISKY AND THE CAR GULP ALMOST 10 LITRES OF FUEL
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by georgikpons: 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
JUO: DID MINE IN 35MINS WITH 1993 PASSAT GT 2.0L AT 180KM/HR ALTHOUGH IT WAS VERY RISKY AND THE CAR GULP ALMOST 10 LITRES OF FUEL
Guy dont try that ricky thing again @140km/hr I was even afraid but just has to do it to test the stability of the car
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
georgikpons:
Guy dont try that ricky thing again @140km/hr I was even afraid but just has to do it to test the stability of the car

Juo's Volkswagen Passat B3 is mechanically similar to your Volkswagen Golf III, with a slightly bigger engine, better suspension and a more aerodynamic bodyshell. So speeds of 180 km/h (112 mph) are perfectly achievable without any drama.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
was going to natitengu frm cotonou 12 hrs ride. my inlaw finished everything on his 2001 partfinder... as in evry thimg. did it in 8hrS. suiside mission. have a baby now.wont go byond 140
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by SailorXY: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
I have gotten to the speed limits of a 2006 Toyota 4Runner on a fateful sunday morning from Ikoyi to Oshodi on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. I just decided to see what's up with the Toyota my aunt visited us with. I think the top speed was 180 or 190km/hr & I was surprised the high clearance SUV still handled pretty at that speed! It was the first time I tried above 140km/hr on any vehicle & maybe the last?? I'm not a fan of excessive speed tho
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by chelseabmw(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
180km/hr.................. Benin to warri

180km/hr agbor to asaba

with my 2007 Toyota Avalon.....V6(3.5L Engine)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kelmich(m): 12:07am On Sep 13, 2013
about 150km/h between Aba and Abia tower that is along Enugu/Port Harcourt express road, most part of the road have been rehabilitated. I was driving with my dad in a 2003 Mercedes ML320 suv
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2013
i used to drive pretty fast with my old 1996 Jetta. Although i don't think the speedometer was accurate, but someday a neighbour tried keeping up with me on Mobolaji bank anthony way on a sunday morning...he said i was trying to kill myself, cos his speedometer read 170km/hr....the car was very stable at high speeds. Now i have an 07 Accord, the car seems so light and atimes am not even sure its still running(on), i don't feel as secure as i felt speeding with the Jetta, may be it will grow on me. I also drove my Brother's 06 Altima on 3MB...i was able to do 160km/hr and cud have done more, but my brother begged me to slow down...i think i'll just stick to driving fast in video games
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nas00(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
gmyguy: i used to drive pretty fast with my old 1996 Jetta. Although i don't think the speedometer was accurate, but someday a neighbour tried keeping up with me on Mobolaji bank anthony way on a sunday morning...he said i was trying to kill myself, cos his speedometer read 170km/hr....the car was very stable at high speeds. Now i have an 07 Accord, the car seems so light and atimes am not even sure its still running(on), i don't feel as secure as i felt speeding with the Jetta, may be it will grow on me. I also drove my Brother's 06 Altima on 3MB...i was able to do 160km/hr and cud have done more, but my brother begged me to slow down...i think i'll just stick to driving fast in video games

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) ..lol@"I don't feel secure"

Baba, that accord at just 190km/h is literally worse than an aircraft at take-off, especially on A/C with your windows rolled up.
You just have this light-headed feeling like "mehn!, any small fckup and it's certainly over". grin
Sure, you don't wanna do the Jetta stunts with your new machine.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
nas 00:

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) ..lol@"I don't feel secure"

Baba, that accord at just 190km/h is literally worse than an aircraft at take-off, especially on A/C with your windows rolled up.
You just have this light-headed feeling like "mehn!, any small fckup and it's certainly over". grin
Sure, you don't wanna do the Jetta stunts with your new machine.
I know u are typing from experience...This Honda feel is totally clandestine to me. I feel like a cave-man in the city...you really have some big cojones to have raced with me that day on 3rd mainland bridge...just lucky we didn't send those guys swimming...but sadly, my racing days seem over. This steering wheel is damn too sensitive for moi
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by TopeFl(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2013
Tope_Fl: .
don't worry I know its childishness that made you do such. Common Entrance Examination (FSLC cert examination is around the corner you better go back to study your books cos primary school teachers aint on strike
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by SleekReek(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Between Agbo and Onitsha on the express,i did 190km/Hr with a C230 4cylinder Kompressor Benz. I didn't feel a thing,no vibration,no wind noise,but before this in a 2002 Toyota 4 cylinder Camry along Asaba/Kwale road i did 170Km/Hr and it wasn't a funny experience,the car was vibrating,didn't stay on that speed for too long,the ride didn't exude confidence for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (43) (Reply)

I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.